Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,922 members, 7,835,080 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:23 AM

What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview (49740 Views)

What's the Weirdest Question you've ever been asked in an Interview? / He Missed An Interview Because……. / A Genius Answer To A Moral/Ethical Dilemma Asked In A Job Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by MoyoGENERAL: 11:19pm On Aug 17, 2014
smurfy:

No offense meant. I'm just wondering if it's true you shouted FATHER.

A few people up there ^^^^ definitely added maggi to theirs.
...That's my favourite slang when am taken aback!!!!
....if someone tells me that I'll still miss 2 questions( after answering much technical question and wrapping up to leave the interview room before that man......) not only would I have doubted such, but I would have rebuked such as strange fire!!!!
the shout " FATHER" actually meant ( wetin dey happen... na so things dey change or abi I dey dream)"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by ogtavia(m): 11:20pm On Aug 17, 2014
Suspect33: The guy was lyk "are u igbo", chaii igbos re very tribalistic? grin grin grin

So,if one asks abt ur tribe,it measn he/she is tribalistic..well dis kind of thoughtline comes from a group of people,mind u,d answer is nt related to any tribe..

1 Like

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Mickey7(m): 11:23pm On Aug 17, 2014
OnyeIbo:
Life don tire u? Transformer no de ur street?
rotfl this crAcked me up. grin I should be angry,I know! Lol
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Nobody: 11:23pm On Aug 17, 2014
MoyoGENERAL:
...That's my favourite slang when am taken aback!!!!
....if someone tells me that I'll still miss 2 questions( after answering much technical question and wrapping up to leave the interview room before that man......) not only would I have doubted such, but I would have rebuked such as strange fire!!!!
the shout " FATHER" actually meant ( wetin dey happen... na so things dey change or abi I dey dream)"

Interesting. You won them over where it mattered most (your field) and then added a comic relief. wink
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by ogtavia(m): 11:27pm On Aug 17, 2014
Eve62:

sorry, was i supposed to laugh?

No,u were supposed to pity him...cos dts what I did when I read his post...
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by ogtavia(m): 11:28pm On Aug 17, 2014
Mickey7: smh -_-

U betta don't waste ur head shakes...some people just no be am..
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by nodullin(m): 11:33pm On Aug 17, 2014
Quite interesting...
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Nobody: 11:34pm On Aug 17, 2014
Mickey7: rotfl this crAcked me up. grin I should be angry,I know! Lol
In that case, I diagonise u with Contrary Brain Interpretation (CBI). Ok. U have not heard of it, i guess. Its a medical situation where the brain 'says' the opposite of a stuation.
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Mickey7(m): 11:37pm On Aug 17, 2014
OnyeIbo:
In that case, I diagonise u with Contrary Brain Interpretation (CBI). Ok. U have not heard of it, i guess. Its a medical situation where the brain 'says' the opposite of a stuation.
ok I'm laughing now except this time you and not your post are the joke grin

1 Like

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Nobody: 11:41pm On Aug 17, 2014
I think the weirdest must av bin an interview for an IT position in a bank...
After looking @ my cv, the man said 'well I can see here you love detective novels' I said Yes, happily.

He asked which one exactly, I replied James Hadley Chase. He asked how many have I read, I said abt 80. He said he is an avid reader too. @ da moment I started wondering, have I actually read up to 80..

Well, he asked why, I loved dem, I told him I love 'crime stories', the extent to which people go to carry out a crime and cover it up.

Then he asked if I have read, 'My Laugh Comes last' , bear in mind that da particular book was on a bank robbery. Seriously I don't know when I 'stoopidly' said yes, and told him it was my favorite... undecided

The next thing I heard was ' favorite hah, so on a very good day, you might me fascinated with ur own idea of robbing a bank neatly and covering it up?'

I didn't expect that, and it really showed...nope, I didn't get the job either.

13 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by teebarbie(f): 11:43pm On Aug 17, 2014
Mine was like: "where do you see yourself in the next 5 years?". My reply was:"To be self employed" I haven't heard from them since then

13 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Mickey7(m): 11:46pm On Aug 17, 2014
teebarbie: Mine was like: "where do you see yourself in the next 5 years?". My reply was:"To be self employed" I haven't heard from them since then
for someone who has barbie,a blonde as her moniker,that is a very smart answer.

1 Like

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Nobody: 11:48pm On Aug 17, 2014
Yes, they're.. So what category will u classify them[quote author=MsNas]
But bros, CCNA and C++ aren't computer packages na.
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Nobody: 11:48pm On Aug 17, 2014
teebarbie: Mine was like: "where do you see yourself in the next 5 years?". My reply was:"To be self employed" I haven't heard from them since then

What! Nobody gives that kind of answer in an interview! shocked

1 Like

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Nobody: 11:52pm On Aug 17, 2014
Kachisbarbie: I think the weirdest must av bin an interview for an IT position in a bank...
After looking @ my cv, the man said 'well I can see here you love detective novels' I said Yes, happily.

He asked which one exactly, I replied James Hadley Chase. He asked how many have I read, I said abt 80. He said he is an avid reader too. @ da moment I started wondering, have I actually read up to 80..

Well, he asked why, I loved dem, I told him I love 'crime stories', the extent to which people go to carry out a crime and cover it up.

Then he asked if I have read, 'My Laugh Comes last' , bear in mind that da particular book was on a bank robbery. Seriously I don't know when I 'stoopidly' said yes, and told him it was my favorite... undecided

The next thing I heard was ' favorite hah, so on a very good day, you might me fascinated with ur own idea of robbing a bank neatly and covering it up?'

I didn't expect that, and it really showed...nope, I didn't get the job either.

Are they even up to 60? I've only read a few though. I still remember You've got it coming, The vulture is a patient bird, No orchids for Miss Blandish, Well now, my pretty.

3 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by MsNas(f): 11:53pm On Aug 17, 2014
polymathic: Yes, they're.. So what category will u classify them
No they're not. C++ just like C Language and C# is a programming Language and CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate) is a certifying exam for Network Engineers. It's not even remotely close to a Computer package. Computer packages are stuffs like Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, Corel Draw, Adobe pagemaker and stuffs like that. You can use C++ without actually using a computer. You can write C++ codes without having to open Visual Studio or Boole or any of those platforms. Can you use MS Word or Adobe Acrobat reader without a computer?

4 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Nobody: 11:53pm On Aug 17, 2014
chyna4luv: Where would you see yourself in five years time?
What exactly did you tell her that made her countenance change drastically? Did you try chasing her or say derogatory things?
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Gbajabiamila1: 11:58pm On Aug 17, 2014
smada13: waoh!! this' mine.....

was at an interview some months back, out of three people that were suppose to interview me, one kept asking me funny questions, the second was just staring at me and laughing, and the third was just busy looking at me and writing...

the questions were like this...after I introduced myself..
on hearing that I finished from LASU, he jumped and asked...

"what group were you in school?"...I answered. "volleyball, handball team of my faculty and the football team of my department".....

he asked again..."how did u cope with cult activities in school?"...I answered...."I have three stops...sports complex, chapel n PGD where I read and two mains..my hostel n lecture classes...

the third question was..."describe the road to your hostel from the gate...I took a paper n pen n drew the paths...

he asked again...."what's the colour of trade fair's gate?"...I described d length n colour....

the last question was..."any difference between profit maximization n wealth maximization?"....I replied "short n long run".....

the most shocking was when I was told to be interviewed for a higher level in the bank, that was after I passed d interview, was invited for their training and came out as d overall best...

I met with three new set of people and they grilled me like a fresh fish....they gave me task I will never forget in my life...I was given a diary that represents a corpse n was told to market it....I managed to talk for 4mins and hanged...I just laughed and said.."I don't know what else to say"...... you know what?

I was employed and my salary is in six figures.......

A proud LASUITE.

5 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Nobody: 12:01am On Aug 18, 2014
MsNas:
No they're not. C++ just like C Language and C# is a programming Language and CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate) is a certifying exam for Network Engineers. It's not even remotely close to a Computer package. Computer packages are stuffs like Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, Corel Draw, Adobe pagemaker and stuffs like that. You can use C++ without actually using a computer. You can write C++ codes without having to open Visual Studio or Boole or any of those platforms. Can you use MS Word or Adobe Acrobat reader without a computer?
Brilliant, thanks for the info... Seems u read Com Sci

1 Like

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by mkoabiola: 12:05am On Aug 18, 2014
Wat is best response to d interviewee,if u are ask
Hw much would u like to b paid?
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by DonaldGenes(m): 12:05am On Aug 18, 2014
krazydave: Lolz.... Uhm... Wired questions......

After i told the guy, that i just left school few weeks back, and he jokingly called me a 'fresher'.....

Few minutes later he was asking if i had 5years experience for the job, and i was like.... WtF!!!??

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Gbajabiamila1: 12:07am On Aug 18, 2014
Torkwase1: Hmm reminds me of when I went for my interview for a position in a major TV house. The chairman's massive office with over 20 flatscreen TVs first of all threw me off guard shocked. Then after going thru my credentials, he calmly asked, at what age where you disvirgined shocked shocked shocked I almost passed out lipsrsealed He had some 'big' people in his office, and they all were staring at me, almost mischieviously daring me to speak lipsrsealed) When I regained my composure, he told me he wasn't interested in the answer at all, but if I wanted to be a media person, I must be prepared for all kinds of questions at all times.
He then proceeded to ask me that why are there so many HIV/AIDS cases in my state. Instead of arguing, I calmly told him people were not obeying the ABCs of sex and AIDS. He then said how would I advise his son (who also happened to be in the office at that time)on the choice of a wife between a girl from somewhere in Calabar where they allegedly eat humans ( lipsrsealed) and my state where they have high HIV rate! Then he asked me to suggest a possible media campaign strategy to help reduce HIV prevalence in my state...
It turned out to be quite an interesting discussion, not even an interview per se. And I got the job, effective immediately cheesy
The man needed a wife for his son.
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Nobody: 12:07am On Aug 18, 2014
smada13: waoh!! this' mine.....

was at an interview some months back, out of three people that were suppose to interview me, one kept asking me funny questions, the second was just staring at me and laughing, and the third was just busy looking at me and writing...

the questions were like this...after I introduced myself..
on hearing that I finished from LASU, he jumped and asked...

"what group were you in school?"...I answered. "volleyball, handball team of my faculty and the football team of my department".....

he asked again..."how did u cope with cult activities in school?"...I answered...."I have three stops...sports complex, chapel n PGD where I read and two mains..my hostel n lecture classes...

the third question was..."describe the road to your hostel from the gate...I took a paper n pen n drew the paths...

he asked again...."what's the colour of trade fair's gate?"...I described d length n colour....

the last question was..."any difference between profit maximization n wealth maximization?"....I replied "short n long run".....

the most shocking was when I was told to be interviewed for a higher level in the bank, that was after I passed d interview, was invited for their training and came out as d overall best...

I met with three new set of people and they grilled me like a fresh fish....they gave me task I will never forget in my life...I was given a diary that represents a corpse n was told to market it....I managed to talk for 4mins and hanged...I just laughed and said.."I don't know what else to say"...... you know what?

I was employed and my salary is in six figures.......

Of the Greatest Lasuite... With this in mind, my next job must be in 6 figures... But wait, is it 6 figures per month or per annum?
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by DonaldGenes(m): 12:13am On Aug 18, 2014
mkoabiola: Wat is best response to d interviewee,if u are ask
Hw much would u like to b paid?

Simple, you just tell him straight and direct that you believe the company has a "set mid range pay" that is applicable to the position applied, sort of agreement that will benefit the company and you, and that you both can reach a mutual pay..

Just saying concisely,

feeling sleepy...pardon any typo gaffe o, if any

2 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by MsNas(f): 12:16am On Aug 18, 2014
polymathic: Brilliant, thanks for the info... Seems u read Com Sci
Yes I did
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Nobody: 12:20am On Aug 18, 2014
MsNas:
Yes I did
thought as much, me did only Fortran and Visual basics.. Read chemistry tho, with lil knowledge about Com sci with the help of google, dogpile, wikipedia and yahoo search
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by emmabod(m): 12:20am On Aug 18, 2014
tolutweety: Mine wasn't really a weird question, it wsn't even a question at all.
I found the conversation funny but interesting n i wish to share it.
After passing tru the pre-SRD stages of this oil n gas coy,I finally sat down during the last phase of the interview with two gentlemen in a room.
First man: i am ??, works in HR Dept and I have been in this coy for close to 15yrs.
Second man: i am ??, I am in 'ds Dept'... and I got into this coy 6yrs ago., so may we meet u.....
Me: i am ??, I will be working in 'ds dept'... and I am doing the interview that will make me start the work,... So no yrs spent so far!! *smiles*

.....and they both bursted out laughing!!

I wasn't meant to start that way,had a better approach to introducing myself buh dint knw why the comic part of me took over...lol
I smiled in the end., cos the interview ended up being a friendly discussion.

When I reflect, I still see it as weird and I just laugh.

hmnnnn...I think even if one will end the introduction or the whole conv erstion with a joke one should follow the proper manner first
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by AdeniyiA(m): 12:27am On Aug 18, 2014
"There are some symptoms like fever, nausea, vomiting, stooling blood headache, boils etc"
do you have any of these?
#ebola tinz cool
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by delors(m): 12:39am On Aug 18, 2014
How about:

Interviewer (MD, CEO, HR, this same interviewer o): So, how did you hear about this position?

Me: I saw it online, and I applied.

Interviewer: Ehn, which online?

Me: I mean I saw it on the internet on Hotjobs.

Interviewer: Ehn? So, this job is online too? (Turns back to his secretary who's in the next tiny office) Ngbo? I yen pe ise ye na wa ni hotjobs? how did it get there? Is that a fraud abi?

Me: (Thinking, wtf).

Didnt get the job though smiley

Translation: Ngbo? I yen pe ise ye na wa ni hotjobs (Is it true? That means this job is also on hotjobs? How did it get there?)

6 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Abanicwise(m): 1:00am On Aug 18, 2014
KillerBeauty: Last month i went to an interview in one small company for a office secretary position. After the interviewer finished asking me the normal introduction questions, he then asked me if I was a christian. I said yes I am. He asked me if my parents are christians? I said yes they are. He asked for how long have I been a christian? I told him since I was born I ve always being a christian. Then he asked if my parents have ever worshipped juju? The questions where so strange and funny that I just smiled and told him no sir my family have always been a christian family. He asked are you sure?

I just looked at the man and said yes sir am sure. And then he said ok, the interview is over and I should go to the next office for a typing practical test.

At the end of the day, I asked myself what kind of interview is that? What prompted the man to start asking me such weird questions.

Anyway, at the end of it all I was not given the job. So guys what's the weirdest question an interviewer have ever asked you?

To, u the question might be weird, absurd,irrational, and awkward ,but to d interviewer it is one of Interview strategies used in testing the candidate/interviewee temperament, patience, anger management and human relation when such vacant position is going to involve PR or attending to the customer or client, in such a case the company will need and employee dat have good temper, anger management and patient to project the good image of the company even when such employee is dealing wt the most unreasonable or impatient client or customer of the company.................So, by asking those awkward and weird quetion frm u d interviewer had suceeded in testing ur temper from ur response to him and unknowingly to u.........So, the question now is hw did u responded to those awkward and weird qstns. wen u were asked.....Did u look at d interviewer like whats wrong wt this man and d expression shows on ur face or u just like took everytin calm wt him.......cos dat 'll determine if u r fit for the job or not, my dear..........Cos, no matter hw u think dat question was awkward, believe some company client or customer will ask u sth weird dan dt if eventually u get d job, but u must remain calm cos, ur attitude to d client speak alot about d coy/company image.

I rest my case.

7BA33924

4 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by louiskay(m): 1:32am On Aug 18, 2014
OBIORAA: I went for an interview in one company in calabar. After all said and done. As I was about to stand up, the interviewer who happen to be a female says excuse me one more question please. I replied go ahead.
She looked at me with full confidence andd asked how big is my preek ? I was like She repeat the question again and explained to me that the size of my diik will determine if I get the job or not.
I was like. Madam abeg watin concern my Priik and. The job I come for ? She just laugh and ask me to come back the next week for the job. I did not return.
. O boy ........... Bros pls just tell me dat u are jokin
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by PapaNnamdi: 1:43am On Aug 18, 2014
lov this thread, if it had been created earlier, i would have understood some ones and twos,

was invited for an interview sometyme bac,
2months after service, so the lady looked at my Cv looked at me meanfully and asked, why did u apply for this job,
i was like ma,
she frowned even more, by now i don de sweat and fear, cos d kain security in the firm was state of the art,

she asked again, this job requires experience, and u seem to have none, why did u apply?
omo na so i confuse, my tie preventin me from swallowin spit, i just replied uncounsciouslly "ma i dont even remember when i applied for this job sef may be i made a mistake"
she looked at me, wrote sometging with red on ma Cv and said "we will get back to you"

i just walked out thinkin wen and how that stupid response came out, and why she would ask such a question, them suppose screen me out bfor interview process naa

na for inside bus on 3rd mainland bridge na im those mammy waters open my brain,
PaPaNnamdi u don fkup,
bet seriously what should be the ryt response to such question,

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Warning: Do Not Accept A Job Offer Without Asking These Five Questions / Which Federal Government Parastatal Pays Well / Sad But True Fact Most Nigerian Graduates Face Everyday(pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.