Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,961 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:56 PM

What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview (49700 Views)

What's the Weirdest Question you've ever been asked in an Interview? / He Missed An Interview Because……. / A Genius Answer To A Moral/Ethical Dilemma Asked In A Job Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Nobody: 1:55am On Aug 18, 2014
Kasynpaulsyn1997: The interviewer asked me 'Are you sure u are capable of doing this job?' and my answer was- 'u dey craze? No no no no no, e be lyk say u craze b4? Wetin be capable? I no dey capable and i come here come find job?' the lady just burst out in laughter come begin beg me say e neva reach lyk dat say no be quarrel nah question im ask me......(though nah truck driver job for one kain sachet pure water company)
I just couldn't stop laughing.
In an interview 2001, the HR asked how much salary do I expect and I answered 90k. He pretended to be angry and said do you think we print money here. But because I needed the job badly, I said sorry sir, just pay whatever that is okay. I felt so bad when I joined the company only to find out that the guy was trying to intimidate me.

1 Like

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Lobolintin(m): 2:03am On Aug 18, 2014
Just finished secondary school.. And I applied for Hotel job ...and the interviewers was like 6...from he highest chain of command to the branch manager .... And after all said and done... What I heard next was...do you still want to further up.... Trust fresh secondary school boy.... I drove on.. Yes, I answered.. Even I just purchased jamb form.... What I heard was next........ Hahhahahaha............tho.. During my IT I later went back to same Hotel.. And I blasted all other interviwee with heavily margin and got the Job........ I also remenber when I applied to work with my Uncle in his Coy, and he only gave me 2mins .... What I heard was.. What is 'DE' in English..... Which comes first in the comapny name.. DE this that coy... I just stood there and said .. THE.... I became a PA later sha....
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by lolaluv1(f): 2:10am On Aug 18, 2014
My interview wasnt weird so to say. Imma share for the benefit of those attending interviews.

1. When I was getting interviewed for my present job, I had to face a panel of about 5 people at the first point.

Immediately I entered, one of them was like. So you are from my old school. Great ******** . Do have a seat. You do not have any problems.

A little bit wary about being trapped into overfamiliarity, I gingerly took a seat with a polite smile and a soft Thank you.

Interviewers: Tell us about yourself.

I answered.

Interviewers: From what we can see here (brandishing my CV), you'd be of much benefit to education. Why choose us?

I answered.

Then the one from my school was like: Do you know Aluko. He is from your village. He was our SUG president back then. Very short and stubborn man.

Me: I've heard of him, sir.

The others were laughing at him saying: You were in Uni in the 80s. She just left school. Of course, She won't know him.

Before I knew it the interview ended on a very friendly note. The stern woman in the panel every interviewee had been complaining about was just staring at me. She didn't utter a word. When She spoke, it was "It's getting late".

That was How I breezed through first level.

3 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Saraha1(f): 2:25am On Aug 18, 2014
Wow , interesting comments.

1 Like

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by smada13(m): 3:30am On Aug 18, 2014
polymathic: Of the Greatest Lasuite... With this in mind, my next job must be in 6 figures... But wait, is it 6 figures per month or per annum?

lolzz....of course it's per month.....I dey mad?......

....great!!!!!

1 Like

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by olashas(f): 3:56am On Aug 18, 2014
tolutweety: Mine wasn't really a weird question, it wsn't even a question at all.
I found the conversation funny but interesting n i wish to share it.
After passing tru the pre-SRD stages of this oil n gas coy,I finally sat down during the last phase of the interview with two gentlemen in a room.
First man: i am ??, works in HR Dept and I have been in this coy for close to 15yrs.
Second man: i am ??, I am in 'ds Dept'... and I got into this coy 6yrs ago., so may we meet u.....
Me: i am ??, I will be working in 'ds dept'... and I am doing the interview that will make me start the work,... So no yrs spent so far!! *smiles*

.....and they both bursted out laughing!!

I wasn't meant to start that way,had a better approach to introducing myself buh dint knw why the comic part of me took over...lol
I smiled in the end., cos the interview ended up being a friendly discussion.

When I reflect, I still see it as weird and I just laugh.

Lolz. Did you get the job? cheesy
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Kimmo(f): 4:38am On Aug 18, 2014
I'd written in my cv that I like reading, and one of the guys asked me about it.
I almost started mentioning Dale Carnegie and other motivation writers but something told me to stick to the truth.
So I said, yes, fiction mostly.
The guy just asked, "what was the name of Sirius Brown's house?

This is my second year on the job.
Edit: Someone mentioned the "where do you see yourself in five years" question. I was asked too, and I'm particularly proud of myself for the response I gave.
I gave my thinking face for a few seconds and asked "How long does it take to become First Line Manager"? Me wey I already know say na four years.

4 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Prymestrr(m): 4:57am On Aug 18, 2014
OBIORAA: I went for an interview in one company in calabar. After all said and done. As I was about to stand up, the interviewer who happen to be a female says excuse me one more question please. I replied go ahead.
She looked at me with full confidence andd asked how big is my preek ? I was like She repeat the question again and explained to me that the size of my diik will determine if I get the job or not.
I was like. Madam abeg watin concern my Priik and. The job I come for ? She just laugh and ask me to come back the next week for the job. I did not return.
Chai!!!!!..... U can lieeeeeeeeeee... Mtcheeeeeeeew!

1 Like

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by MrT2011(m): 4:58am On Aug 18, 2014
stellayt: Really weird...mine was crazy ...cos I had passed all necessary stages from test to interview etc...now I finally met with the MD for a chat, his first word to me was your location is far from the office... How will I cope angry

I was totally amused shocked and gave him reasons why it wouldn't be an issue....
Anyway to cut the long story short... His Secretary gave me an envelope which I did not open till when I got home...tot it was my appointment letter...
Instead it was fee fair back home2k.
I never heard from them ever since. undecided

Sweetheart, it's unfair to say that the people that sympathized with you and supported you with a whooping sum of two thousand naira were crazy.

Please learn to appreciate- sense of humor.

I bet if they offered you that job you'll be the one to drop it after your first month.
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by MrT2011(m): 5:10am On Aug 18, 2014
tolutweety: Mine wasn't really a weird question, it wsn't even a question at all.
I found the conversation funny but interesting n i wish to share it.
After passing tru the pre-SRD stages of this oil n gas coy,I finally sat down during the last phase of the interview with two gentlemen in a room.
First man: i am ??, works in HR Dept and I have been in this coy for close to 15yrs.
Second man: i am ??, I am in 'ds Dept'... and I got into this coy 6yrs ago., so may we meet u.....
Me: i am ??, I will be working in 'ds dept'... and I am doing the interview that will make me start the work,... So no yrs spent so far!! *smiles*

.....and they both bursted out laughing!!

I wasn't meant to start that way,had a better approach to introducing myself buh dint knw why the comic part of me took over...lol
I smiled in the end., cos the interview ended up being a friendly discussion.

When I reflect, I still see it as weird and I just laugh.

My dear it wasn't weird in any way. They tried to psych you into understanding that they are looking for permanent staff not a casual worker, that's why they started in that way. Remember that interview are meant to test your level of IQ!

So, you are not suppose to be a comedian during an interview section. You are expected to be mindful.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Petitequeen(f): 5:24am On Aug 18, 2014
davide470: 2 funny interviews by different firms in the Capital Market.

The first one:
•The President of Russia went to China during the Russian - Ukraine Crisis for a particular reason, what was it? (In my mind, I was saying: Shey I resemble Russian Citizen)

•The strength of Obama's foreign policy was focused on which areas (Errm)..

The Second one:
•if Total calls you now to resume since you did internship with them, and we have given you an offer, would you go? (I smiled, and said Sir, won't you go?.. The man laughed and said Interesting)

•Who's the Vice President of Ghana (who cares)

Well, I got one of the offers smiley The main thing is Understand your Interviewer before responding.
which 1 of d offers did u get
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by MrT2011(m): 5:39am On Aug 18, 2014
chyna4luv: and she has indirectly assured me that I would work in her department and that before I leave, I would use her PC to do a little calculation for her using MS Excel. I began to happy in my mind and thanking GOD internally.
But something happened along the scenerio, hmmm. Wait a minute! she said! In laughter and joking mood she asked, Where would you see yourself in five years time?
'CHAI! NA HERE YAWA COM GAS.' Instead of me to say something in accordance or inline with her department, since she has indirectly assured me to work in her department as a Teller, I began to say rubbish. The interviewer's mood changed. In a frown face, she now asked me to go without typing again.
At this point, I knew that I have failed.After two weeks they contacted those that passed for an induction and didn't contact me. Suppossing I got that job,honestly I will be influencing my boss easily based on my chat with her, Lol.

Hope we all have learnt something from my weirdest interview questions? If you do, kindly click "LIKE".

You are a great man for realizing and accepting your mistakes. Most of the youths of today do not understand what an interview is all about.

Those questions they perceive as "weird" may be purported to psych them up- either to test your temperament or to test your social abilities, etc
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by ElFenomeno1: 5:40am On Aug 18, 2014
Did you bring your wife. grin
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by MrT2011(m): 5:44am On Aug 18, 2014
davide470: 2 funny interviews by different firms in the Capital Market.

The first one:
•The President of Russia went to China during the Russian - Ukraine Crisis for a particular reason, what was it? (In my mind, I was saying: Shey I resemble Russian Citizen)

•The strength of Obama's foreign policy was focused on which areas (Errm)..

The Second one:
•if Total calls you now to resume since you did internship with them, and we have given you an offer, would you go? (I smiled, and said Sir, won't you go?.. The man laughed and said Interesting
)

•Who's the Vice President of Ghana (who cares)

Well, I got one of the offers smiley The main thing is Understand your Interviewer before responding.

Throwing back question on your interviewer is a total failure!
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by davide470(m): 5:57am On Aug 18, 2014
Petitequeen:
which 1 of d offers did u get
The First one.. Am a fanatic of CNN/Al-Jazeera, so I somehow managed to answer them.
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by unmask: 6:18am On Aug 18, 2014
KillerBeauty: Last month i went to an interview in one small company for a office secretary position. After the interviewer finished asking me the normal introduction questions, he then asked me if I was a christian. I said yes I am. He asked me if my parents are christians? I said yes they are. He asked for how long have I been a christian? I told him since I was born I ve always being a christian. Then he asked if my parents have ever worshipped juju? The questions where so strange and funny that I just smiled and told him no sir my family have always been a christian family. He asked are you sure?

I just looked at the man and said yes sir am sure. And then he said ok, the interview is over and I should go to the next office for a typing practical test.

At the end of the day, I asked myself what kind of interview is that? What prompted the man to start asking me such weird questions.

Anyway, at the end of it all I was not given the job. So guys what's the weirdest question an interviewer have ever asked you?
how were you sure your parents hadn't worshipped juju?
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by KillerBeauty(f): 6:19am On Aug 18, 2014
smurfy:

There's nothing weird about the interviewer's questions. The interviewer knows exactly what he's looking for, but apparently you don't. The truth is he has the right to ask you any question he likes.

Sometimes, it's not your answer per se but your attitude that's the focus here. Sometimes they test for how truthful a person you are. You were so eager to impress that you didn't understand, for example, that answering in the affirmative as regards being a Christian from birth reveals you don't have a good grasp of the fact that no one is ever born into a religion - especially the Christian religion.

Aha Good morning
I just woke up
What do you mean by "no one is ever born into a religionl"?
Because for me from birth the religious doctrine that my family impacted on me has always been christian doctrines I don't know anything about juju worship

1 Like

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by xtervaganza(m): 6:29am On Aug 18, 2014
krazydave: Lolz.... Uhm... Wired questions......

After i told the guy, that i just left school few weeks back, and he jokingly called me a 'fresher'.....

Few minutes later he was asking if i had 5years experience for the job, and i was like.... WtF!!!??
hahahahahaha
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Nobody: 6:58am On Aug 18, 2014
smada13:

lolzz....of course it's per month.....I dey mad?......

....great!!!!!
Very good one bro... You finished frm wat faculty?
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by mezebel(f): 7:05am On Aug 18, 2014
chyna4luv: @Uniquexty]
I am moved by your write up to tell my own weirdest interview question too so that people can learn because I have learnt something in this your little write up.

It goes this way...I was called for an interview with a cool bank for the post of a Transaction Officer. I have started sweating already due to the distance to the bank and I was caught by traffic. I got there successfully. we were about 20 interviewees. Let me go straight to the point. My own interview began this way....May I meet you? Your work experience? I was sweating because I am nervous(my first experience) Are you hot? I smiled and said YES! she quickly put on the AC,in that process i regained my confidence. Tell me about your position in your family? Your dad,mum and siblings' occupation? What is your proficiency in MS office suit? Why should I hire you? Have you stolen before?
Infact, I answered very well because she was taking my records and was very happy with the way I comported myself.

To be continued in the next page..
I guess u look facially like an ant that committed abortion!!! Hw dare u keep us in suspense?
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Nobody: 7:08am On Aug 18, 2014
smurfy:

Are they even up to 60? I've only read a few though. I still remember You've got it coming, The vulture is a patient bird, No orchids for Miss Blandish, Well now, my pretty.
Lol, they are more than 60. When I got home, I counted the hard copies I had, about 72 then.
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by MrT2011(m): 7:12am On Aug 18, 2014
OBIORAA: I went for an interview in one company in calabar. After all said and done. As I was about to stand up, the interviewer who happen to be a female says excuse me one more question please. I replied go ahead.
She looked at me with full confidence andd asked how big is my preek ? I was like She repeat the question again and explained to me that the size of my diik will determine if I get the job or not.
I was like. Madam abeg watin concern my Priik and. The job I come for ? She just laugh and ask me to come back the next week for the job. I did not return.

Obi nwanne maybe you applied to her for the job of domestic personal assistant/ houseboy/ waiter/ or PA grin cheesy grin

But may I ask?
How big is ya preek true true tongue grin cheesy grin lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Fourwinds: 7:40am On Aug 18, 2014
krazydave: Lolz.... Uhm... Wired questions......

After i told the guy, that i just left school few weeks back, and he jokingly called me a 'fresher'.....

Few minutes later he was asking if i had 5years experience for the job, and i was like.... WtF!!!??
u should have told him u had d five years experience in d university
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Nobody: 7:42am On Aug 18, 2014
im sharing this experience not really for people to learn from it but to show us how much tribalism has eaten deep into our system.... sometime ago, i went in for an interview with one of the leading companies in the media industry (they share same name with what the yorubas normally call 50naira)...i was through with the interview both written and computer assessment... now the position requires someone who is very much computer literate as he would be in charge of slotting adverts and all that.

the following day, the lady who would be my supervisor gave me a crash course on what the job entails and how to go about it.. she took me on a tour of the company and i saw the on-air personalities (which to me were like celebrities as i do hear them on radio)...i was happy as i would be working alongside people that to me were stars....you know, studio guys......lolz

Now,after all had been said and done, i was to meet the Human resource manager who would just sign my appointment letter and forward to head office in lagos...now, i am based in the north,. was born here actually and i speak Hausa fluently( although i am a Yoruba boy)....when we entered this man's office and we exchanged plesantries...the first question he asked me was.....What tribe are you? and i replied Yoruba

o boy, this man face change ooo....he looked at me as if i was sh.it and said...wait for us at the conference room......now the offices were set up such that they were only barricaded by Glass walls..so you could seee what is happening in the next office...i saw this man and the lady (my would be supervisor) arguing ooo....i later learnt that he said....he wasnt going to employ a non hausa( as if the company na him papa own)...that most of the on air staffs were southerners so the administrative staffs must be northereners....imagine ooo....he later brought his wife's younger brother who didnt even know how to type on a computer to fill in for the job...

since then, whenever i tune in to that radio station, the first thinh that comes to my mind is that useless man....But God pass am sha.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by yollychika(f): 7:43am On Aug 18, 2014
do u kno how to prepare vegetable soup.......a coporate organisation .... i got da job
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by jonglexer: 7:44am On Aug 18, 2014
i was asked the name of the deputy governor of zamfara state....i was like....'you would have rather said no vacancy'

4 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by MizTyna(f): 7:54am On Aug 18, 2014
My sister once went for an interview for a shop assistant. The first question the guy asked was if she was a virgin,na so she pick race

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by armadeo(m): 7:58am On Aug 18, 2014
koolg:

You actually need to pause and look at your own attitude because the two questions asked are absolutely normal for an interview. Except you elder one works as a laborer and you're 120kg

In knew there was something here but can't put my finger in it. Pls explain.

Thanks
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Fourwinds: 8:00am On Aug 18, 2014
Andyblaze:
am a guy of 19 year.
the problem am facing right now is wen i mess
it is very loud dat the person beside me we said
bro take it easy but it does not smell.if i go to
toilet i wld mess like 10 time befor shit
wld.come out of my nyash and l later notice dat
if shit blood and shit wld be coming out.i told
my mum she said is jedi jedi. i don drink agbo
tired no different yesterday own is hell i mess
like 30 time and my stomach is paining me and i
went to toilet like 15 time.right now my nyash is
paining me badly and i stil porging if go.to toilet
i wld be crying is not.dat the shit is strong is
water water shit. i cant push it out of my nyash
cus the nyash is paining me and i notice dat is
like the nyash want to come out, i dont know
what is happening to me right now weta is
pile,jedijedi, u guy shld hep me wit drug i can
take and i am even afraid to eat cus any food i
eat now wld result to shit after 30
minute,doctor in the house and member of dis
site shld help me cus am feeling pain.
angry angry

#BITG
when I read ur post....laughter held me hostage. ur A..NUS is in serious trouble. with doctors on on strike.? abeg any qualify doctor in d house should help dis guy
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Kcinho(m): 8:04am On Aug 18, 2014
jonglexer: i was asked the name of the deputy governor of zamfara state....i was like....'you would have rather said no vacancy'
A relative was asked something similar but that of Lagos state. She just told the man she only knows the name of the governor as she just came to Lagos for the interview but that she knows the deputy governor of her state. They asked her for the name, she answered and she got the job.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by Nielbaba(m): 8:13am On Aug 18, 2014
yollychika: do u kno how to prepare vegetable soup.......a coporate organisation .... i got da job
I dnt know if dis is relevant actually but its my xpirience lol dis prompted me to write, actualyy not job interview but what append when i finished my service year and my school principal dint give us any gift,meanwhile during our service year he dint pay us a dine too, all we get fromm kwara state is fg allawe,when we confronted him why,...he said n i quote "(eyin omo yoruba. EEe wulo kobo)"its means yoruba pple are uselesss grin he said we dont go to teachers house to greet dem and help dem with house chores grin cooperate organisation ooo, see excuse,.............and d ofa one was an interview i went for last week thursday, i went along with my friend to gatecrash an advert we saw on nairaland, we got to d supposed called no 13, Wish we tot its d compannys address we ignored the cointainer in front, opt into d compound n we r directed to check d container outside grin we. Got der, saw a man passing information to a lady, on standin ooo no ev3chair to sitdown for the supposed interviewees, just one chair and table,later dis man turnd to us and collected our cv. " Owwww u finished from d same skool n same department "he said make i speak pidgin small grin na so d man start to dey make mouth on how we will make 20milionaira in just one deal,u will market dis n dat cement,books etc (we studied physics o)and all we saw in d advert was IT jobs, na so my friend just vex tell d man to return his cv say we no dey intrested, i cant just help it, i busted into lafta rite in front of d man
Re: What's The Weirdest Question You Have Ever Been Asked In An Interview by WoodcrestMayor(m): 8:24am On Aug 18, 2014
Calabar lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Don Jazzy Offers Job Vacancy At Mavins Records / Warning: Do Not Accept A Job Offer Without Asking These Five Questions / Sad But True Fact Most Nigerian Graduates Face Everyday(pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.