Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,352 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:20 PM

Interactive Thread With Nairaland Owner. Come In With Your Questions! - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Interactive Thread With Nairaland Owner. Come In With Your Questions! (12113 Views)

Nairalander On The Truth. An E-terview With Nairaland Diva>mizmycoli[phase1] / Letter To Seun, Nairaland Owner / Registration With Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Interactive Thread With Nairaland Owner. Come In With Your Questions! by curiouses: 2:32pm On Aug 28, 2014
fr3do:

What would a dislike do that an insultive quote won't do?
Abeg, your argument is invalid.

Seun ngwa add the dislike feature.

Not so many people can insult/write in a way that can make another person commit suicide. The few intelligent people that can write won't probably have time replying some stupid comments. How hard is it to click dislike button? Imagine a hilariously silly comment a poster considered intelligent to himself getting 1000 dislikes. You can guess how disappointed such a poster would feel. Not everyone can handle such. You'll be amazed at how people would be de-activating their accounts if seun should implement dislike button. I have personally deactivated not less than three accounts because I was quoted and insulted.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Interactive Thread With Nairaland Owner. Come In With Your Questions! by Djicemob: 2:42pm On Aug 28, 2014
I'm still not gettin the hang of this share button ...Is it supposed to be like the "like" feature? If yes why can't i see the number of people that share(d) my post? And y do i tend to mistakenly share some post when i intend to like them? Instead of the share button,i would have preferred a "vote"/"recommend" button which u can vote or recommend which topic u'll like to see on the frontpage,u can give ur vote for the topic while the moderators take note.That is y its called a forum right?

I might be wrong tho...
BTW good job seun.

3 Likes

Re: Interactive Thread With Nairaland Owner. Come In With Your Questions! by Guidette(f): 2:55pm On Aug 28, 2014
Seun,
Idk if this has been asked, but can we get a DISLIKE button pls. Not too much to ask IMO. tx
Re: Interactive Thread With Nairaland Owner. Come In With Your Questions! by Djicemob: 3:03pm On Aug 28, 2014
A "dislike" feature would turn nairaland to a circus.Sadist and paranoid peeps would go round disliking anything in their paths thereby hurting feelings and as a result creating more sadists to dislike more comments. slowly affecting almost everyone.Imagine a forum like that.Plus Nobody comments on a topic again,either u like or dislike and go ur way. Boring init?

18 Likes

Re: Interactive Thread With Nairaland Owner. Come In With Your Questions! by cirmuell(m): 3:09pm On Aug 28, 2014
Seun,
Dunno if this has been treated before.
The PM/DM format on this Forum is bad IMO. Waiting for people(mods inclusive) to check their mail before you can get a reply is not really the best, not everybody use their primary email to register. why not just let us see our PM's here on Nairaland just like every other social networkForums too? even if the same restriction would be there to avoid spam. Do not ignore this, if it's not gonna work Kindly let us know why please.

4 Likes

Re: Interactive Thread With Nairaland Owner. Come In With Your Questions! by Nobody: 3:11pm On Aug 28, 2014
`I have a very STRANGE question.

I want to know why there are too many tribalist in this forum.

1 Like

Re: Interactive Thread With Nairaland Owner. Come In With Your Questions! by DAvIt0(m): 3:20pm On Aug 28, 2014
JideTheBlogger:

Don't you think adding IAMA and Meme sections will make NL more interactive?

This thread is a perfect example of what IAMA looks like on reddit. Imagine having the president, governors, celebs on NL to answer questions from fans and followers. smiley

I guess you know that photo threads on NL generate alot of views. Hence, am sure a dedicated meme section will be so cool too.

What's your take on this?

Great!!!!

1 Like

Re: Interactive Thread With Nairaland Owner. Come In With Your Questions! by ayampissed: 3:22pm On Aug 28, 2014
I have watch NL evolve over the few years I joined, from when very meaningful debates was the other of the day to the era when there was so much invective that I would tell my friends ‘if you want to learn how to abuse just visit NL’, to the time when sanity was instill through the rules. I must say it’s been quite a jolly good ride and a tasking job for you (SEUN) and your gang (the Mods). Keep doing what you are doing.

My question is how many accounts are users allow having?

My question may sound ridiculous but am asking base on what I have seen so far like, a user once claimed to have more than 25 accounts, Males claiming to be females, users hiding under the guise of being innocent with one moniker whereas that user is a pretender with another moniker (Sometimes they are caught by sharp NLaders) etc.

Now where such a case is noticed don’t you think it’s better you ban/delete such accounts because this gives a wrong impression of the total number of users on Nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Interactive Thread With Nairaland Owner. Come In With Your Questions! by cirmuell(m): 3:51pm On Aug 28, 2014
missterious: If you could ask for advice from anyone, dead or alive, who would it be & what would you ask?

Do you sleep at night? grin

What is it like working from home?
grin no he doesn't...he's always on a mission with his broom stick.

4 Likes

Re: Interactive Thread With Nairaland Owner. Come In With Your Questions! by Tolexander: 3:53pm On Aug 28, 2014
curiouses:

Not so many people can insult/write in a way that can make another person commit suicide. The few intelligent people that can write won't probably have time replying some stupid comments. How hard is it to click dislike button? Imagine a hilariously silly comment a poster considered intelligent to himself getting 1000 dislikes. You can guess how disappointed such a poster would feel. Not everyone can handle such. You'll be amazed at how people would be de-activating their accounts if seun should implement dislike button. I have personally deactivated not less than three accounts because I was quoted and insulted.
deactivate accounts for being quoted and insulted?

Anyway, that's one of the things i'm here to learn, managing public insult, hence the reason for some posts that call for insult. Just for the reality application.

5 Likes

Re: Interactive Thread With Nairaland Owner. Come In With Your Questions! by freecocoa(f): 4:03pm On Aug 28, 2014
Seun please can you give me some money (dash)? Times are really hard and I'm in dire need of it, what say you?

4 Likes

Re: Interactive Thread With Nairaland Owner. Come In With Your Questions! by tolutweety(m): 4:06pm On Aug 28, 2014
freecocoa: Seun please can you give me some money (dash)? Times are really hard and I'm in dire need of it, what say you?

grin grin grin grin......
Re: Interactive Thread With Nairaland Owner. Come In With Your Questions! by Nobody: 4:17pm On Aug 28, 2014
@SEUN inside the dynamics of Social 2.0 and looking at how well Nairaland has become, when are you planning on giving back to the community of Nairalanders (Cash) for sustaining the growth of the eco-system with their valuable contributions that has brought Nigeria and yourself such fame (and fortune). Is there a platform you intend to deploy to make posting worth our collective time. when do we start earning cash for quality posts.. like using a barometer (likes, dislikes etc) to determine how much a poster earns.. no be only you like money ooh

Hope that was not a long-winded question
Re: Interactive Thread With Nairaland Owner. Come In With Your Questions! by Nobody: 4:28pm On Aug 28, 2014
freecocoa: Seun please can you give me some money (dash)? Times are really hard and I'm in dire need of it, what say you?
freecocoa don fall my hand oo sad chei! One of the few ladies here that's got my respect...
Re: Interactive Thread With Nairaland Owner. Come In With Your Questions! by freecocoa(f): 4:30pm On Aug 28, 2014
Nobleval: freecocoa don fall my hand oo sad chei! One of the few ladies here that's got my respect...
Wetin suppose fall your hand? Say I broke now, or ask person wey fit give me money for money or wetin?

5 Likes

Re: Interactive Thread With Nairaland Owner. Come In With Your Questions! by Nobody: 4:35pm On Aug 28, 2014
freecocoa: Wetin suppose fall your hand? Say I broke now, or ask person wey fit give me money for money or wetin?
both... sad Why are you broke? angry
Re: Interactive Thread With Nairaland Owner. Come In With Your Questions! by Lilimax(f): 4:39pm On Aug 28, 2014
Seun deliberately ignored my question.

ISOKAY!
Re: Interactive Thread With Nairaland Owner. Come In With Your Questions! by freecocoa(f): 4:40pm On Aug 28, 2014
Nobleval: both... sad Why are you broke? angry
Leave interrogation abeg, that post was addressed to Seun, unless you want to give me the money.

1 Like

Re: Interactive Thread With Nairaland Owner. Come In With Your Questions! by lordZOUGA(m): 4:41pm On Aug 28, 2014
This thread appears to be on the verge of being derailed.

1 Like

Re: Interactive Thread With Nairaland Owner. Come In With Your Questions! by Nobody: 4:50pm On Aug 28, 2014
freecocoa: Leave interrogation abeg, that post was addressed to Seun, unless you want to give me the money.
how much do you need? smiley
Re: Interactive Thread With Nairaland Owner. Come In With Your Questions! by cirmuell(m): 4:52pm On Aug 28, 2014
Lilimax: Seun deliberately ignored my question.

ISOKAY!
maybe he didn't. Let just wait a little
Re: Interactive Thread With Nairaland Owner. Come In With Your Questions! by Nobody: 4:59pm On Aug 28, 2014
Uhm.. Seun, please can I know why some fun threads aren't shown on the front page, e.g the last Mr/Miss Nairaland contest, and some others in the romance section?
Re: Interactive Thread With Nairaland Owner. Come In With Your Questions! by Rikidony(m): 5:04pm On Aug 28, 2014
fr3do:

Those ones probably registered between January and the time of the attack.
dude did you even read wat ah post undecided
Re: Interactive Thread With Nairaland Owner. Come In With Your Questions! by reloboy(m): 5:06pm On Aug 28, 2014
hmmmm...
Re: Interactive Thread With Nairaland Owner. Come In With Your Questions! by realtem(m): 5:16pm On Aug 28, 2014
reloboy: @oga Seun I really like you but people use to say you are stingy i.e you don't really give back to nairalanders but i don't want to believe this rumour, that is why i'm using this means to request a favour from you and i strongly believe it's not much of a big deal to you.
Here goes my request;
CAN YOU PLEASE GET ME A LAPTOP....? I don't care if it is new or old as long as it is working perfectly. I truly need one to aid my plans and start accomplishing my dreams but i can't afford it.
Thanks in advance
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Interactive Thread With Nairaland Owner. Come In With Your Questions! by DickDastardly(m): 5:34pm On Aug 28, 2014
So many witty questions for the CEO and i count on him to take them on, but we shall also be patient as he has numerous other things doing. For those asking for favours, he has already made it clear in one of his earlier response that he currently dont run any charity, probably you guys can have your demands soonest wink when he starts!
Mr seun sir, the people are eager to hear from you once again. Good evening! cool

1 Like

Re: Interactive Thread With Nairaland Owner. Come In With Your Questions! by Seun(m): 5:36pm On Aug 28, 2014
Obiagelli: [color=blue]seun do you have another job other than nairaland?
Nairaland is severely understaffed, so the idea that I would have the time to get a job somewhere else is almost funny. wink

Secondly i would like thank you for bringing back sanity to the politics section. Good job brother.
You're welcome & thanks!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Interactive Thread With Nairaland Owner. Come In With Your Questions! by Nobody: 5:40pm On Aug 28, 2014
Seun:
Nairaland is severely understaffed, so the idea that I would have the time to get a job somewhere else is almost funny. wink

You're welcome & thanks!
thought as much, thanks for your response.
Re: Interactive Thread With Nairaland Owner. Come In With Your Questions! by cirmuell(m): 5:43pm On Aug 28, 2014
Seun:

You're welcome & thanks!
hope you know some will not be pleased with your selective mode of response undecided

2 Likes

Re: Interactive Thread With Nairaland Owner. Come In With Your Questions! by Seun(m): 5:53pm On Aug 28, 2014
Lilimax: Seun, my questions are:
You once said you're a nerd, are you satisfied being one?
Didn't you get the memo about nerds taking over the world?
Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg, Larry Page, Marissa Meyer, etc are all nerds.
Why wouldn't I be satisfied? wink

@DJicemob: The mods are volunteers who do what they do not for filthy lucre but for personal fulfillment and enjoyment and influence.. I've never met any moderator in person. The supermods are responsible the front page though of course I try to influence them. I would love to be able to meet every single Nairaland member because we are all worth meeting. E.

@dickdastardly: I was never a cultist, but you already knew that!

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Interactive Thread With Nairaland Owner. Come In With Your Questions! by freecocoa(f): 5:54pm On Aug 28, 2014
Nobleval: how much do you need? smiley
Anything you have to give, no amount is too big.
Re: Interactive Thread With Nairaland Owner. Come In With Your Questions! by DickDastardly(m): 5:56pm On Aug 28, 2014
cirmuell: hope you know some will not be pleased with your selective mode of response undecided
Seun is not being interrogated, rather its an interaction session where he has the choice of the questions he answers and ones he declines to. Probably he ignores some for privacy, security, morality etc reasons. If your question aint answered, you might wittily rephrase and still get your question answered. wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Fuel Tanker Explodes On Ajaokuta Bridge / How Do You Deal With A Fake Girl? / Anambra Fire Service Okpoko Station Prevented Fire Disaster In Onitsha Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.