Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,145 members, 7,852,909 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 08:15 AM

All In A Circle.....(A crime story) - Literature (117) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / All In A Circle.....(A crime story) (633302 Views)

The Day The Clouds Turned Red (crime Story) / 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] / All In A Circle...(a Crime Story)-- The Completion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) ... (214) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by Onemansquad(m): 9:08pm On Dec 02, 2014
Omotalkie hmmm nt fair oo

May God gv u strength 2 produce more tho grin grin
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by omotalkie(f): 9:34pm On Dec 02, 2014
Onemansquad:

Sooo sooo sorry for not informing u guys. I'd wanted to bt immediately I opened that thread I had a low battery. amen ooh
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by Nobody: 9:56pm On Dec 02, 2014
congratulations @ omotalkie, she wld b a blessing 2 u (amen). i beg, i fit get one rum wey i go sleep 4 inside dis tread, i no wan miss d next update. salute 2 d9ty7 d genius
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by Xslaze3xd(m): 10:06pm On Dec 02, 2014
*dancinq*.. Ehnn una dey feel am.... Una dey feel am...... This stowi Bad Well Well.... Kudos D9ty7.... U are doinq a qreat JoB...... Omotalkie Conqrats Oooooo..... May the Child be qreat.... Amen
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by tecno4life(m): 10:41pm On Dec 02, 2014
Ladies drop ur digits for the whatsapp group angry

D9ty7 try ooh e no easy
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by firstkyn(m): 7:20am On Dec 03, 2014
D9ty7:
I really appreciate your comment sir.
first off all add me to the whatapp group...08094788986 nice one bro
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by Nobody: 7:41am On Dec 03, 2014
I've been chopping and cleaning my mouth since this story started...I come out of Ghostmode with full force..super great story uve got here.
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by D9ty7(m): 7:59am On Dec 03, 2014
--continuation--
The mood inside the ward was tense, Clement had his fists clenched as he breadthe in and out to release his anger gas.
Ngozi carried the cute little girl in her hands as she sang to her ears. Clement tried as much as possible to look at Rachel in the eyes, his eyes fell on his baby and he smiled out of reflex, thereby cooling his nerves and his anger dying down. The baby was cute afterall and he admitted it himself, she took the beauty from him and her mother, but the stark resemblance between the baby and the mother was there.
"Sweetheart am sorry." Rachel said for the upteenth time.
Clement moved closer to her bed and sat down beside her sleeping frame.
"Do you realise that what you did was very dangerous?" Clement asked.
"I just wanted to suprise you." She replied.
"What if things go wrong? Do you think I'll ever forgive you?"
"I know things will never go wrong." She replied confidently.
He has so many things he wanted to say, because it still beat his imagination why his wife will enter the labour room without informing him and to say the delivery involved a ceaserian section in the theatre.
"Congratulation darling." He found himself saying and that was the end of it.
Ngozi handed the baby over to him and he said some things to her in his local dialet.
"What is that you are saying." Ngozi asked.
Clement ignored her until he finished whatever he was whispering into the ears of the baby.
"Am explaining to her that I am her daddy and daddy is a policeman." He replied and they all bursted into laughter, Rachel smiling weakly.
Just then the door into the ward opened and Dolapo stolled in carrying a food basket.
"Am I missing something?" She asked as she dropped the food on the nearest bedside table.
She exchanged looks with Rachel and she smiled.
"Congratulations sir." She said to Clement.
"Thank you dear."
Clement spoon fed his wife for a minute before he announced his departure.
"I'll be back in the evening." He assured.
Doctor Rapheal chosed that second to enter the ward. Clement bent down to kiss his wife then he walked towards the door. He could see the jealousy in Rapheal's face. But why should he be jealous? He owned his wife.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++
The euphoria of becoming a father has beclouded Clement's desire to restore peace in the country. He was all smiles as he led Ngozi downstairs, the reason why he was at the hospital remained unaccomplished.
"Clement." Ngozi called.
Clement only turned to face her.
"What will happen to Jay?" She asked.
"We'll come back to question him." He replied.
"Have you forgotten that the earlier the better. We need to get the necessary informations that will be helpful in our investigations. And we've got no time to waste." She explained.
Clement looked at his partner for a while, then a smile ran accross his face.
"Here, you can question him." He said throwing his car keys at her.
He was in no mood to listen to the crazy story of a criminal, while with the recent happening, he couldn't bring himself to asking questions at this time of happiness.
"How do you intend to go back to the office? I mean are you going to take a cab?" She asked.
"I'll drive Rachel's car." He said as he returned to Rachel's ward to pick the car keys.
--------
Ngozi eased herself into the ward where Jay was lying with eyes open and hands and legs cuffed to the bed posts.
"Hey." She said approaching his bed.
He snapped out of his reverie and faced the lady before him.
Immediately She sat down, she went into a deep slumber as she tired reminiscing an event that took place many years ago, probably seventeen.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++
The moments they have been waiting for finally presented itself, its almost a week since they started their barbing business and only two people had patronized them. Today brought the greatest smiles to their faces as the gate into Deoye's residence opened and one of his boys, a well built handsome boy of about twenty-two or twenty three came out dressed in a basketball jersey and a short.
He approached the newest barber shop, the aura of power all over him.
"Abeg I want make my hair." He said as he peeked his head into the shop.
In three minutes, everything was set, the generator running, the clipper working just the way it shoud work.
"Guys, I know sey you be town guys too." The guy began.
The two barbers exchanged looks and they looked at Mike who was lying on a bench like a typical shop owner who allowed his apprentice attend to the customer.
"We be town guys o. We just felt like going lowkey for a while." Mike replied.
The guy smiled.
"Abeg, this hairstyle enter school?" The guy asked.
"Which school be that? It depends on the class the school places itself." Mike asked.
"LASU." He replied.
The three men exchanged looks, LASU again?
--tbc--

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by stuff46(m): 8:04am On Dec 03, 2014
omotalkie:
Aww! Amen! Tanx

congratulation
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by stuff46(m): 8:05am On Dec 03, 2014
firstkyn:
first off all add me to the whatapp group...08094788986 nice one bro

you are not a lady.
Techno chinko take care of him for me
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by stuff46(m): 8:07am On Dec 03, 2014
Onemansquad:

lol, like how many?
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by Onemansquad(m): 8:14am On Dec 03, 2014
stuff46:

lol, like how many?
omotalkie shey they are remaining 9 more 2 go
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by stuff46(m): 8:18am On Dec 03, 2014
why clement wan bleep up now na?

Wel sha congrats to him for the baby girl buh me for prefer boy as he 1st child.

Dr. Rapheal, take time oh,no be because they give opportunity na em you go dy envy our husband.

Ngozi may God help you to make our naija police proud. *chop better liver abeg
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by D9ty7(m): 8:24am On Dec 03, 2014
--continuation--
FLASHBACK: SEVENTEEN YEARS AGO.
It has become a traditon for a young Ngozi, then a nine year old girl to sleep in her parents room at night. She was the apple of her parent's eyes as well as the apple of God's eye as the children pastor in her church will say then.
"Where is Nwankwo?" Her mother had asked her father.
"Woman, I should ask you that question." The always angry Mazi Obiora replied.
Mazi Obiora was a father that is not to be joked with, a farmer that is not to be taken for granted, a traditional Chief that is not to be overlooked during council meetings with the Igwe unless you want to see the other side of him.
Then the front door creaked open, the time was eleven o'clock in the dead of the night. Mazi Obiora tip toed to the living room in the dark and switched on the lights immediately he got there. Nwankwo his sixteen year old wayward boy froze in fear.
"Nwankwo where are you coming from?" Mazi Obiora asked his son.
"Papa, I went to play football and I decided to play with Samuel before coming home." Nwankwo replied.
"You went to play football? At night? Or has the Igwe erected light stand at the village field?" His father asked.
"No papa." He replied.
"Who is Samuel?"
"You don't know Samuel? My friend, the son of the Reverend Father." He replied.
"Oh! Samuel, that good boy with good characters." Mazi Obi exclaimed.
He knew his son can never be friends with the Samuel of a boy. This same Samuel came to report his son the other day claiming he called him names because of his devot christian life. He knew his son doesn't make friends with boys who cannot play football, and of all the teenagers in the village, Samuel is the only one who doesn't play football. Even the girls can play better than him. The Samuel of a boy is busy preparing for life after secondary school, he has plans of going to the University in the nearby city of Calabar.
"What are you doing in Mama Nkechi's night stand?" Mazi Obi asked shocking his son and at the same time his wife.
Everyone knew Mazi Obi to be a regular patronizer of the bear palour, but he doesn't drink himself to stupour. He visits the place once or twice a week, spending at least one hour in the bear palour, drinking palm wine and pepper soup and other times, bottled beers. Other day, Mazi Omenka will only buy what he wants to buy and come back home to consume them, other chiefs are regular patronizers too.
"That is the route to the parish." Nwankwo replied.
"With Mama Nkechi's daughter, Chidera and this good for nothing son of the palmwine tapper?" His father asked.
He knew his father had caught him red handed. If truly he was caught by his father as at the time he was with Chidera, then he was in a big trouble, because that moment was when he was handling with the girls br.e.a.st and eating her lips, after which the girl sneaked some marijuana for them and they took drags and left.
"My son is sleeping around with girls that has no future other than inherit their mother's brothel. My son is smoking. I will kill you today." Mazi Obiora said removing a cutlass and a horsewhip.
And that was it. That was the encouragement he needed, he has been looking for an opportunity to leave the village in search of greener pastures and as God would have it, someone has promised to take him to Lagos. And now is the time to go to Lagos. In a flash, he sped out of the house that night but never returned.
That was the last of him that Ngozi ever saw as a kid. But the stark resemblance with their father was still there, his broken teeth too. And a big scar below his left eye are enough to recognize him.
BACK TO THE PRESENT
She hugged her brother after so many years and everything took and emotional swing. She cried on his shoulder while he shed tears of regret.
"Baby, you will have to help me." Jay said.
So he still remembered she loved to be called baby as a kid.
"I'll see what I can do." She replied.
If this will be the last favour she'll do for her brother or her family, then she was ready to go to the extreme to get him out of this mess.
END OF CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
Don't you think Ngozi will do something irrational? Maybe setting Jay free.
Leave your thoughts as well as you comments.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by D9ty7(m): 8:31am On Dec 03, 2014
THE TWO UPDATES UP THERE WAS DEDICATED TO OUR BABY AND THE MOTHER. WELCOME TO THE WORLD BABY AND CONGRATULATIONS TO THE MOTHER TOO. MAY YOU LIVE TO EAT THE FRUIT OF YOUR LABOUR IN JAH'S NAME. SHE WILL DINE WITH KINGS AND QUEENS AND WILL TAKE THE NAME OF THE FAMILY TO A NEW HEIGHT TOTALLY SURPASSING EXISTING RECORDS AND ACHIEVEMENTS. SHE'LL BE GREAT.
Did I just hear someone say an update should be dedicated to daddy? Daddy got the two updates to his name while Mummy and baby has one each.
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by martin98(m): 8:37am On Dec 03, 2014
Circle, circle, circle...All is really in a circle.
Great job D9ty7...a real genius
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by donPhill(m): 9:08am On Dec 03, 2014
oboi....this circle don de over big oo....meaning all the police force members has in one way or the other have their families in d khal corp.....ngozi might set him free
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by D9ty7(m): 9:15am On Dec 03, 2014
Where are all dem guys? Your comments will encourage me to drop more updates before today runs out. I still stand on my words, story finishes on the 10th or latest 15th of December.
By December 17, I'll drop my chapter in the ongoing Nairaland writers collaboration, then I go on christmas break.

1 Like

Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by adewealth027(f): 9:42am On Dec 03, 2014
Wow.........so many circles here.....its getting hotter
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by kocvalour(m): 10:09am On Dec 03, 2014
and at the end of the story nothing changes.. Some things will never change
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by macpetrus(m): 10:16am On Dec 03, 2014
Nogiz no try Rubbish Oooo
I don't think Nogiz is going to free Jay.. Bt ask Jay to make a deal with the police.. Remember danger kev is after Jay life
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by Ziziola: 10:22am On Dec 03, 2014
Hmmmm...... This is serious. So, Jay is Ngozi's brother. Can't wait to see some other drama unfold. Nice one D
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by femyodsky(m): 10:50am On Dec 03, 2014
it's really a 360 degree katakata.
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by Nobody: 11:04am On Dec 03, 2014
Bobo u badt ooo...ur talent is exceptional..I tnk God 4 ur lyf
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by Cashio(m): 11:16am On Dec 03, 2014
i just wonder how uu put these things together without one contradicting the other....kudos bro
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by Nobody: 11:22am On Dec 03, 2014
This is really "all in a circle" first clement and Kelvin...now Ngozi and Jay? D9ty7,how u dey do am? U b winsh? grin jst love the way you write,wish I could do that too,but I can't...its ur thing
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by D9ty7(m): 11:29am On Dec 03, 2014
Special thanks to those who have been generous with their comments today. I really appreciate them.
Adewealth027, Cashio, femyodsky, haydot95, formula89, Ziziola, macpetrus, donPhil, martin98, Stuff46. Thank you guys.
Kocvalour: I dnt understand dat comment of yours. If you'll please explain, I'll appreciate.
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by omotalkie(f): 11:33am On Dec 03, 2014
Onemansquad:

omotalkie shey they are remaining 9 more 2 go
Hey! u wan kill moi abi? na one remain oo
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by Onemansquad(m): 11:36am On Dec 03, 2014
omotalkie:
Hey! u wan kill moi abi? na one remain oo
ahh 1 iyaf nt do oo ah nid winning eleven i mean 1st eleven grin grin grin
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by stuff46(m): 11:41am On Dec 03, 2014
jay Ngozi's brother.
Truely dey are in the circle and with jay as Ngozi's brother i think kelvin is doomed and khal corp it has come to an end.

You know brother and sister love thinq, it would now help to break khal corp since she would want to help her brother

Oga duro, na you get us, and atlast you don enter that collaboration. Would be waitinq for your chapter and you callinq it end of the year? What about The Thomas? I thouqht you will just continue from then?
Any way sha you need break
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by omotalkie(f): 11:42am On Dec 03, 2014
D9ty7:
THE TWO UPDATES UP THERE WAS DEDICATED TO OUR BABY AND THE MOTHER. WELCOME TO THE WORLD BABY AND CONGRATULATIONS TO THE MOTHER TOO. MAY YOU LIVE TO EAT THE FRUIT OF YOUR LABOUR IN JAH'S NAME. SHE WILL DINE WITH KINGS AND QUEENS AND WILL TAKE THE NAME OF THE FAMILY TO A NEW HEIGHT TOTALLY SURPASSING EXISTING RECORDS AND ACHIEVEMENTS. SHE'LL BE GREAT.
Did I just hear someone say an update should be dedicated to daddy? Daddy got the two updates to his name while Mummy and baby has one each.
Wow wow wow! Tanx a bunch for d prayer, I rily appreciate. Btw, wonderful update! I hope Ngozi is not trying to implicate herself ooh, she shudnt do something she'll regret oo
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by stuff46(m): 11:43am On Dec 03, 2014
Onemansquad:

ahh 1 iyaf nt do oo ah nid winning eleven i mean 1st eleven grin grin grin

hahahaha
Oms yu no ceriouz

(1) (2) (3) ... (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) ... (214) (Reply)

Deceitful Couple / False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> / My Complicated Love Story With My School Mum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.