Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,694 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:56 PM

The Agony Of A Nigerian Fat Girl - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Agony Of A Nigerian Fat Girl (72028 Views)

The Agony Of A Nigerian Fat Girl / The Agony Of A Nigerian Fat Girl / Confessions Of A Fat Girl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Agony Of A Nigerian Fat Girl by Tymax(m): 3:23pm On Sep 02, 2014
cheesy cheesy cheesy grin You dey vex o
temigracie: ..lol...I dont understand the babe ni fah...

Why will she call some fat babes gluttons??....Most fatness are usually genetic...most fat babes usually inherit it from their parent or ancestors....Being fat is not the end of the world....

Its high time we fat or chubby or plump babes start appreciating our body....

#teamphatgirlsrock
temigracie: ...Well, I thank God am not easily intimidated by one slim ipakere chics or babe.....Omo, if she flaunts her slim body....meself go flaunts my fleshy body.....
...especially my backie ....God, am xoxo proud of that thing.....
Whenever i admire my fleshyness..i admire that too......
Re: The Agony Of A Nigerian Fat Girl by tomiobj(m): 3:23pm On Sep 02, 2014
handysuzy: Saw this post on Linda Ikeji's blog and thought to share it here

[img]http://3.bp..com/-UngH6PfVwtk/VAWZFrVDXXI/AAAAAAADdlM/KAFtaNirFAA/s1600/a.jpg[/img]

Article written by Jennifer Ogoo Okolo. Enjoy...

"The Fat girl ends up miserable year after year. The society has neglected the fuller woman. This has resulted to fat girls feeling depressed, left-out and downcast. The average big lady spends most of their years in solitude, angry at themselves, the society and even their shadow. Many are being laugh at, ridiculed, jilted, abused and sent back indoors where they are depressed and even get fatter. The society is such a big nightmare for this group of people which is saddening."

When they go for shopping which is a very beautiful and fun experience for almost every lady. But for the fat girl, it’s a rather sober experience. In many cases, sizes are deceptive to the extent that a size 12 dress will be tagged size 18. She has to through every cloth in the store before she finds what fits her. Sometimes, she ends up not seeing any flattering outfit. Again, the sadness begins.

Then she turns to her tailor to make a good dress for her. A beautifully styled dress she saw in a magazine page. The tailor makes it, it’s still not flattering. Sarcastically, the tailor says, “I find it difficult sewing for fat girls, it is too hard”. Again, the sadness begins.

Her soon-to-be-married best friend calls, “Wendy, will you be one of my bridesmaids”? “Don’t answer of course you will”. She is excited.“Will call you up later so we go choose the dresses with the other girls”. Her heart drops. Shopping bridesmaids with the other girls, she knows will be a huge nightmare because she is the “fat girl”. While shopping, The saleslady says, "We don't have your size, so here's the biggest we do have," and she gives it a try. Of course, it never fits. Her underarm fat is spilling over, her back fat is folding over the waist, and she can't get the thing to slip over her butt. But it looks beautiful on everyone else! And she is left feeling guilty for being more than a handful. Again, the sadness begins.

At NYSC orientation camp. The fat girl is handed her dress bag. She opens it. The kaki trouser is as small as a size 6’s whereas she is a size 18. “Ma’am, dis kaki is too small for me, can I get a larger size”, she says to the platoon mistress. The lady murmurs, “Exchange with someone else”. (lol, we’ve all experienced this). And she looks around, no one has her size. Most of other corpers, she may ask will reply saying, “NOO!!! I no carry orobo size”. Everyone laughs at her. Again, the sadness begins.

Every fat lady go through post-traumatic dress disorder. It is the condition that occurs when a person, usually female, feels disappointed and traumatized while leaving a clothing store. It could happen when she views old photographs and asks herself "What the hell was I wearing" It could also be the traumatic stress she feels between the moment she post a picture on the Internet and the moment somebody likes it or responds. Fat people go through this stress all the time and the society is not being fair at all. 80% of Heart-related illnesses which fat people suffer are because they spend most of their years depressed, not just about their size but because of social prejudicial.

Linda ikeji. Olamide still wants to kill u o
Re: The Agony Of A Nigerian Fat Girl by nzeBiddle(m): 3:24pm On Sep 02, 2014
cheesy cheesy
ebiye55: come to think of it, they, some of them have LOVELY singing voices with high pitches

#PITCHPERFECT[color=#000099][/color]
Re: The Agony Of A Nigerian Fat Girl by Nobody: 3:24pm On Sep 02, 2014
2legit2qwt: I think you're getting them mixed up.

Actually you're wrong!!

A pear shaped girl can be fat. Cellulite has never been attractive undecided
Re: The Agony Of A Nigerian Fat Girl by Hollyb(f): 3:26pm On Sep 02, 2014
I love the way God created me. I am WONDERFULLY MADE
Re: The Agony Of A Nigerian Fat Girl by Nobody: 3:29pm On Sep 02, 2014
Tymax: cheesy cheesy cheesy grin You dey vex o
...lol...vex kee!!....thats the truth...

I hate it when people make jest of fat people....
Re: The Agony Of A Nigerian Fat Girl by droid007: 3:30pm On Sep 02, 2014
handysuzy: Every fat lady go through post-traumatic dress disorder. It is the condition that occurs when a person, usually female, feels disappointed and traumatized while leaving a clothing store.

OP this is not the definition of post traumatic stress disorder. you should look it up
Re: The Agony Of A Nigerian Fat Girl by MisterLongman(m): 3:31pm On Sep 02, 2014
haryomikun:
She's right jare guy. Itz nt as if she hates fat people but itz J̶̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊ƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇τ̣̣̥ a fact. Scientists also say this too.
Btw, go and acquaint your self with science research undecided
I'm not disputing the fact that obesity has its side effects......
Re: The Agony Of A Nigerian Fat Girl by starlingbawa(m): 3:34pm On Sep 02, 2014
bonaventure73: [size=30pt] Best way to kill fat.

1. GROW SOME BALLS.

2. BUY A PAIR OF SNICKERS

3. BUY UP/DOWN SPORT WEARS

4. WAKE UP EVERY 5AM, LIFT YOUR FAT SELF.. JUG ROUND YOUR STREET FOR 2HOURS WITHOUT CHOCOLATE.

5. JUGGLE AGAIN FOR 2HOURS AROUND 5PM.

YOU SHOULD BE SLIM IN 2MONTHS TIME

You re so spot on dude!!!

[/size]

1 Like

Re: The Agony Of A Nigerian Fat Girl by WoodcrestMayor(m): 3:35pm On Sep 02, 2014
Errybody here be shouting team chubby undecided.What you forget is that most chubby pple end up fat.I've seen slim pple blow up too so don't nail me for that.tongue

Back to the topic.I see no reason why any fat lady/guy shuld drown in sorrow.Look at pics...what do you see?She has a cup of junk in her hands.They don't bother.As a matter of fact,they added d weight not overnight.They had the choice of hitting the gym or cutting down on calories but did niether.
Did I hear you say hereditary?Of course,you know your parents are on the big side which automatically "predisposes" u to it but you assume Kermit's pose anytime you think abt it.
It is these same women after some years of marriage who complain of some "elese tiirin" (slim legged girls) disturbing their husband.Why won't it happen when u refused to keep yourself appealing for your husband.
As for me o!Slims girls rock abeg.Doesn't mean I av a phobia for curves-No!Curvy is different from flabby.
Wen I see a fat girl,one thing comes to mind-Indiscipline.Nobody is born dull,poor or fat.Our decisions ultimately make or mar us.
They should either do something abt their weight or stop whinning...#LastBullet angry

2 Likes

Re: The Agony Of A Nigerian Fat Girl by Nobody: 3:36pm On Sep 02, 2014
chubby girls rock!

1 Like

Re: The Agony Of A Nigerian Fat Girl by 50calibre(m): 3:36pm On Sep 02, 2014
BananaBender:

Don't front!

We both know you date fat girls. grin

Nah never!! It will expose me to ridicule

If it's a one off secret hook up, then no problem grin but I won't be seen in public with a fat girl, I feel ashamed.

There are different levels of fatness however some are a bit tolerable.

Don't talk yet, you never know if you're going to be fat, grin wait till you're in your 30s - 40s most women get fat later in life.

1 Like

Re: The Agony Of A Nigerian Fat Girl by safarigirl(f): 3:38pm On Sep 02, 2014
teeo:

Safarigirl take it easy now. Are you slim
yes, I am and it's definitely not a joyride like you and fat people think it is
Re: The Agony Of A Nigerian Fat Girl by Nobody: 3:38pm On Sep 02, 2014
Teespice: team chubby or should I say fat

and I am so loving the way I am.

gone are the days when I whine about my size.

Madam you're neither fat nor chubby or plump.

What you are is the epitome of a beautiful African Woman.

Trust me on this, you're incredibly sexy.

4 Likes

Re: The Agony Of A Nigerian Fat Girl by Nobody: 3:39pm On Sep 02, 2014
marieolae: I dnt think u read my post very. I am not mistaking fat peole for being obese. Ok being overweight is a nice way of saying a person is fat. These people are still at a higher risk of contracting these dieases than a person with a normal BMI. I'm not trying to downgrade anybody here, what I'm just promoting is good health and fitness. Thankyou.

My dia I think that you should focus on youroown wahala instead of worrying if these so called overweight girls aren't healthy. I mean genetics, hormones, body structure, stress, medication etcare all pperfect examples of what can tip someone to the heavy side of the scale. Everyone should focus on themselves, and try to live happy and fulfilling lives.

2 Likes

Re: The Agony Of A Nigerian Fat Girl by ogawisdom(m): 3:40pm On Sep 02, 2014
dt girl in d pic is not just fat but morbidly obese lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: The Agony Of A Nigerian Fat Girl by silversonuc(m): 3:42pm On Sep 02, 2014
MisterLongman: you belong to the busty category

bros dat bress no b here o

1 Like

Re: The Agony Of A Nigerian Fat Girl by Nobody: 3:43pm On Sep 02, 2014
Romanciella:
like seriiusly....m drinking 3 litrs of water everyday.....i also take drugs.....so as to add some lil flesh.......but still no changes...lol its rather sad than funny.... cry

like the saying one mans food is anoders poison smiley
Lol, don't worry. When you born two, you will see some changes, not like you will get fat o...but you would add reasonable weight that woul suit you.

2 Likes

Re: The Agony Of A Nigerian Fat Girl by Eyop: 3:45pm On Sep 02, 2014

You are not fat but just chubby and busty. But you are ok just the way you are smiley
Re: The Agony Of A Nigerian Fat Girl by 2legit2qwt: 3:45pm On Sep 02, 2014
BananaBender:

Actually you're wrong!!

A pear shaped girl can be fat. Cellulite has never been attractive undecided
Thin people have Cellulite too..I think ear shaped girls are attractive

Is this because you have a flat backside, shollypum? cheesy cheesy
Re: The Agony Of A Nigerian Fat Girl by Romanciella(f): 3:45pm On Sep 02, 2014
Kachisbarbie:
Lol, don't worry. When you born two, you will see some changes, not like you will get fat o...but you would add reasonable weight that woul suit you.
lol abi oo...hav been told that like a thousand times now
Re: The Agony Of A Nigerian Fat Girl by Joey82(m): 3:45pm On Sep 02, 2014
And why is the topic being specific to Naija.
Fat girls all over the world go through this stigma.
We may all never be slim but a lot of people will look better if the work on themselves.
You can be chubby and yet look smart.

2 Likes

Re: The Agony Of A Nigerian Fat Girl by oluwasegun007(m): 3:45pm On Sep 02, 2014
As a true african man fat is different from obesity, obesity no get shape but for fat ladies she must carry front and back in large proportion & that for me is a green! green!...lol #youAreBEAUtiFUL the way you are
Re: The Agony Of A Nigerian Fat Girl by Nobody: 3:47pm On Sep 02, 2014
2legit2qwt:
Thin people have Cellulite too..I think ear shaped girls are attractive

Is this because you have a flat backside, shollypum? cheesy cheesy

Hey, I have been using your eba remedy, okay?! angry

Not flat, just not big enough for a black girl cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: The Agony Of A Nigerian Fat Girl by silversonuc(m): 3:47pm On Sep 02, 2014
Jayne2014: I love my size.
y d dp come dark for d most important area na @sneaks out unoticed@@
Re: The Agony Of A Nigerian Fat Girl by ceasare: 3:47pm On Sep 02, 2014
@jayne2o14: if Na u dey that ur picture...... 4get u make sense scatter!!!.
#fat chick rocks.......4gerit!!
Re: The Agony Of A Nigerian Fat Girl by AdeniyiA(m): 3:48pm On Sep 02, 2014

you're just OK ma'am, not fat
Re: The Agony Of A Nigerian Fat Girl by Nobody: 3:51pm On Sep 02, 2014
50calibre:

Nah never!! It will expose me to ridicule

If it's a one off secret hook up, then no problem grin but I won't be seen in public with a fat girl, I feel ashamed.

There are different levels of fatness however some are a bit tolerable.

Don't talk yet, you never know if you're going to be fat, grin wait till you're in your 30s - 40s most women get fat later in life.

AH! 50 calibre!! Why are you lying?? Why??

Have you forgotten that day I saw you with that size 16 chick?? God of Abraham is looking at you.

Get fat?? That is not an option for me.

See, I do not like fat pot-bellied men. In order not to be subjected to dating them, I will stay in shape.

1 Like

Re: The Agony Of A Nigerian Fat Girl by 2legit2qwt: 3:55pm On Sep 02, 2014
BananaBender:

Hey, I have been using your eba remedy, okay?! angry

Not flat, just not big enough for a black girl cry cry cry

You need some squats to tone what you got. The eba remedy will make it flabby grin
Re: The Agony Of A Nigerian Fat Girl by Nobody: 3:56pm On Sep 02, 2014
No one needs the society's approval to be happy as long as you know you are not hurting anyone. if you don't like the way you look and you know you can do something about it, then DO IT! if not, embrace yourself even if people call you FAT. picking on slim ot trim ladies to elevate yourself esteem proves nothing but makes you look like a victim. i get disappointed when i see fat women giving trim ladies bad eyes or making hateful statements. you are simply telling people that you have inferiority complex.

5 Likes

Re: The Agony Of A Nigerian Fat Girl by WoodcrestMayor(m): 3:56pm On Sep 02, 2014
Forget that tin my sister.A typical African man wants them fleshy-yes!But even more want them smart and firm.The question now is-how many fat ladies are firm and smart?
Slim girls still make heads turn in Nigeria.
safarigirl: my sister see our trouble o. We wey get problem never talk, na fat people wan follow us talk.

As far as Nigeria and Africa as a whole is concerned, fat people are in paradise. I mean, things are so good for them that Monique did a whole movie to show them that even if Americans don't want them, Nigerian men are all for fat women.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

They Met On Twitter, Now They Are Getting Married / I Can't Believe Malian Guys Look Like This (photo) / Her Uncle Refused Me To Marry Her After Our Pre-wedding Photos Went Viral

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.