Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,194 members, 7,815,166 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:26 AM

Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John (80183 Views)

The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult / Special Thanks To Sir John, Enigma, Kunleoshob And Nuclearboy May God Bless U!! / The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by trustman: 11:16pm On Sep 10, 2014
mbaemeka:

SirJohn is a liar and his "9-post's-on-NL" accomplice was cut from the same stock. Please bring the other people's experiences or better still go and get your own. I can show you 1001 contradictions in the super-story of SirJohn but it will not convince you because you are blinded to truth.

The healing school has had more than 30,000 physical visitors since it started and has spread from Nigeria to SA to Canada. Nobody is charged a fee to attend and the richest of men have gone there and received healings. So what do they stand to gain in being associated with the scam that occurs there in?

Be objective and let truth rule you. Then re-read SirJohn's lies and you will see them for what they are.

As per who changed position between the claimant and the others it is easy to tell. First of all, tell me how that someone suffered HIV symptoms for 8 years and got tested 13 times in that time frame and all tested positive. Then she visits the HS and doesn't even meet with the Pastor there but somehow she just believes she is healed and then goes to get a test from a hospital that hates the man and would love to prove him a fraud yet she tests negative and lives symptom free for more than a year (without even taking her drugs). Then she disobeys the instructions she is given (she had disobeyed just after getting healed), acts otherwise, gets re-afflicted with the HIV and then comes back to blame the same people she claimed didn't heal her when she should have blamed Jesus.

In all this the "others" asked her for proof of her healing until she said she wasn't healed then they needed to proof again.

You will see that both the claimant and the others switched more positions than a contortionist will. Their testimonies cannot therefore count.

If your 'truth' about the healing school is so obvious you guys will not be fighting
this thread they way you are doing. The 'truth' will sell itself.

Like a typical WoF devotee or CE member you have failed to react to the main issue.
Clear and concise accounts of what was witnessed were presented, but no corresponding rebuttals from you CE members.

Mind you SirJohn didn’t say he does not believe in divine healing or that some who were at the healing school were not healed. Remember he mentioned the issue of the placebo effect and ‘mind over matter’?

So did he fabricate all that he posted?
Can you PROVIDE EVIDENCE that he is a 419?

Is it true that people who were proclaimed 'healed' at the healing school later died of the same ailments?

Does Pastor Chris want to have us believe that they died of unbelief or that they did not have enough faith to sustain their healing?

On claims of the church is 'growing', Pastor Chris is 'going up', etc other religions, new age teachings, etc may be growing worldwide, does that mean it is sign of God's approval of them?
Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by Joagbaje(m): 11:52pm On Sep 10, 2014
Dragonking:

I noticed how you carefully left out the part that stated how jesus walked through the angry mob that wanted to kill him..so ask yourself, were the mob blind that they couldnt see him when he walked pass them?

Also like i pointed out before, hiding is different from walking about with armed commandoes.

That's not an issue. I picked my point of emphasis for a reason. Security is common sense. We trust in dods protection and we also take physical measures. Jesus took physical measures. Paul took physical measures. But faith is still in God to even make the physical measures work

Proverbs 21:31
The horse is prepared against the day of battle:
but safety is of the Lord.

Psalms 18:34
He teacheth my hands to war,
so that a bow of steel is broken by mine arms.

Taking physical measures is common sense. But trust must always be in God. In Gods wisdom ,he tells us to take precaution. Those who have armed men are not necessary going to shoot anybody. It's to prevent crime by their presence. Not about trusting in guns. We do have digs in our houses,we lock our doors. Everyone has different enemies which determines your precaution, it is wrong to keep dogs in your house and criticise another for have police .

4 Likes

Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by mbaemeka(m): 12:05am On Sep 11, 2014
WinsomeX:
Again congrats.
But not many people will agree with you. We use to call BLW, believers that love this world. And they never disappoint, as they could be found competing with those who do not know the Lord in manner of life. In my school the pioneer pastor of BLW left at least three girls pregnant at the last count.

Na true. We know your record as a liar so we cannot put anything beyond you. If you could lie about Pastor Chris getting caught pants down I wonder what else you would not say.

I take exception to the word scandal. Persecution, yes. But not scandal. Scripture records that he went about doing good, not causing scandal. CEC should look elsewhere for justification for their unending scandals and not Jesus. Men of faith obtained good report, they were not known to be causing scandals

If you could only read the bible as much as you do the stories of unemployed and broke bloggers like. . .you would be better off.

John 7:12New King James Version (NKJV)
12 And there was much complaining among the people concerning Him. Some said, “He is good”; others said, “No, on the contrary, He deceives the people.”

As to the distinction btw man of God and preacher, I think what he said is pure balderdash. I am amazed that CE folks have turned it into a quotable quote

Coming from you who said Paul's definition of faith is a false one, anything scriptural is balderdash.

There is no gymnastic a man may attempt in ministry, no miracle he works; those who know the true man are those who live with him. Those who know the true Chris are his wife and kids. You do not live with Chris and the above is your own estimation of him as a "man of God". His wife thinks otherwise. His wife thinks he has "inappropriate relationship" with women. That speaks volume. Those who interpreted it as adultery are not far from the mark as the word "adultery" is not acceptable as an accusation in court.

He has been deceiving men of all races for years now and Hollywood with all their film tricks cannot get by even critics whose below 40 IQ will make you feel like a genius. Presidents of countries, Owners of Industries etc. went and returned with nothing but rave testimonies and a failed blogger and some deluded minorities who are yet to see the rudder of an airplane let alone board one are talking nonsense.

The children that he spent the previous month in Canada with or are we referring to another? The same one's that spoke about how proud they are of him in July? lol. Sahara news and Cable.ng came up with their stories and you swallowed it unashamedly but refused to accept the testimony of the man that not only refuted their lies but he called them frivolous.

As for crazy instructions, no matter how crazy the instruction they do not break Gods laws. There is no God anywhere that will instruct a man to send his wife abroad for church business, while he lounges in Nigeria. The marriage bed can imperilled and God knows this.

The scriptures that say:

2 Nevertheless, because of sexual immorality, let each man have his own wife

is the same scripture that said:

7 For I wish that all men were even as I myself. But each one has his own gift from God, one in this manner and another in that

and: 17 But as God has distributed to each one, as the Lord has called each one, so let him walk

If God has given you instructions, follow them and mind your business about the one's he gave to someone else for we are not all gracemates.

No matter how "man of God" you are, everyone begins as a child of God. There basic Christian character is built. There is no man of "Goding" that can break God's rules!

Better to remain silent and be thought ignorant than to open your mouth and remove all doubt:

2 Timothy 4:2New King James Version (NKJV)
2 Preach the word! Be ready in season and out of season
and yet

Acts 16:6New King James Version (NKJV)
6 Now when they had gone through Phrygia and the region of Galatia, they were forbidden by the Holy Spirit to preach the word in Asia

I thought God wanted us to preach in season or out of season? Well, God gave a particular instruction to Paul here and the MOG obliged. Some other hypocritical nepios may have said "Paul is a charlatan, he is avoiding the intelligence in Asia- he prefers the Gentiles because he can deceive them easily" meanwhile he was obeying God's instructions.

There are preachers and there are Men of God!!

There is a lot I do not agree with in the PFN but it doesn't justify separation from a body of like minded people. Chris separation from them is his Waterloo. When he falls, he falls alone.

They have tried to make him fall but he kept getting bigger and bigger and more anointed by God. He has a Coat of Many colors- his brothers must envy him but only for a time. Most of the people he heals are from members of the churches headed by PFN men.

I find it very funny when you resort to this cheap blackmail of destruction or wrath of God because one criticizes Chris. Rubbish. Try another.

If there anyone heading for destruction it would be Chris and his empire. Fortunately, the manner he is handling his divorce case we leave him so messed up... We will all be here. The SirJohn thread ended up justifying the OP after many years; this thread is also waiting.

I remember when some Pastors thought same. They told their members "just watch it, very soon he will collapse" they even made them tear his banners and ministry posters. I don't need to say much, we can compare any one of those ministers to him. They have scrapped their branches and claimed that God asked them to teach the word alone and show not the power- for where? They are broke of the anointing-they are not prospering as before; their mouths have put them in stagnation. That's why you see some of them hobnobbing with Politicians and fighting their battles for them. It is not by political or financial power and might. It is by God's spirit!

At the end, like the Kenyan was received to fellowship, rehabilitated and restored to health, we will be waiting for you guys to return to the truth of scripture. We will not condemn you. We will not shame you. We will teach you doctrine; you will learn because your idol, Chris, would have been long gone into oblivion.

Try a better joke abeg. A cell leader in 100level commanded deafness to leave a man and it left. Yet the man had been attending one Anglican church within the school for a while where they used sign language to teach him. That's why when the so-called former high-ranking member of the ministry and secretary of the HAVEN says he went to the HS and saw nothing we can already tell he is a liar. How did he rise to such level without the necessary signs that follow us as they followed the early church because of the presence of the Holy Spirit?

Hope you can notice what I did here. If what you believe is right, it will work and if it does, please show us the results. We are waiting.

3 Likes

Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by mbaemeka(m): 12:33am On Sep 11, 2014
trustman:

If your 'truth' about the healing school is so obvious you guys will not be fighting
this thread they way you are doing. The 'truth' will sell itself.

You believe the bible is the truth abi? Let it sell itself.

Like a typical WoF devotee or CE member you have failed to react to the main issue.
Clear and concise accounts of what was witnessed were presented, but no corresponding rebuttals from you CE members.

There were many rebuttals but those flew over you. Besides, I wonder what he achieved? He mixed truths with lies to make the dish palatable but I saw through his nonsense.

Mind you SirJohn didn’t say he does not believe in divine healing or that some who were at the healing school were not healed. Remember he mentioned the issue of the placebo effect and ‘mind over matter’?

Will Placebo effect put a smashed femur together? Will Placebo effect make the HIV status change to negative? Will Placebo effect dematerialize cancer, unblock clogged arteries, cause a child suffering from cerebral palsy to begin to walk and act normal?

When you hear him say some were healed you assume 50 people came to the HS abi? NO, 1000s go there including ministers of other churches. The name of Jesus works man! There was a lady who came from Ghana after she had undergone chemo with no significant change after it. The MOG ministered to her but she didn't look like there was a change. He told her sons who brought her to take her back to Ghana ln that coma-like state and that after some days she will get up. Long story short, after a few days her family members thought she was dead and almost fought to get her buried but her son's objected to it. She got up like she had been sleeping. Interestingly, her hair had began regrowing (as it was bald because of the Chemo) and it grew out black hair. The son's said before her Chemo her hair was fully grey. They came back to testify with her after 2-3 years.

What type of mind of matter can do this but the power in the name of Jesus- the one you say you believe in?

So did he fabricate all that he posted?
Can you PROVIDE EVIDENCE that he is a 419?

He fabricated all he posted by mixing truths with lies and yes he is not a straight person. I mean, someone who only comes on NL to talk about one man and one man only is working on personal vendetta. Nothing else.

Is it true that people who were proclaimed 'healed' at the healing school later died of the same ailments?

Thousands visit the HS regularly. If a man gets healed and does not walk in faith he could get re-afflicted. For the HS to be a fiasco more of the people that go there and get healed should die after getting healed than the one's who stay alive and that is not even close to the case.

Does Pastor Chris want to have us believe that they died of unbelief or that they did not have enough faith to sustain their healing?

What does the word of God say? That's what matters. Someone cannot get healed in an environment where they teach you how sicknesses and diseases have been taken away by God and then after getting healed you go to an environment where you are taught that "healings have ceased, God does not take away sicknesses etc" and expect to remain the same. All Christians have an adversary- the devil, who walks about looking for whom to devour. If he sees any opportunity he will take it all, so we are told to give him no place!

On claims of the church is 'growing', Pastor Chris is 'going up', etc other religions, new age teachings, etc may be growing worldwide, does that mean it is sign of God's approval of them?

In the City of Ephesus, so mightily grew the word of God and prevailed!!!
Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by mbaemeka(m): 12:40am On Sep 11, 2014
Dragonking:

I posted two pictures of the two pastor chris using armed men..one using armed men right on top the altar while another one walking around with heavy security and yes it is a fact that your master moves around with armed men..Check the beginning of this thread when bluetooth stated that pastor christ usually moves about with not only his entourage but also with heavy security before he lodges into the hotel in portharcourt for his randy escapades.

Yet you decided to single handedly pick out and justify oyakilome but what will you now say of okotie? What excuse do you want to give for him? I am sure he was in aso rock right?

Stop being a dumb brainwashed jerry curled mofo and smell the truthful breeze of fresh air.

Stop being an ignorant churl. I don't know Pastor Chris Okotie from Adam besides I don't believe he regularly does that. He did it after making some controversial statement about the Roman catholics and I don't think it is status quo in his services.

Randy escapades in PHC? Why not Lagos or Switzerland? Keep your Hotel fables for someone who knows nothing ok? Or better still beg the girls to come out and expose him.
Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by mbaemeka(m): 12:44am On Sep 11, 2014
WinsomeX:

Check the essay again and notice I supplied that scripture and another in 2Tim 3 as only places man of God is used. Quoted in isolation, you can use it to justify your doctrine. Quoted in context reveals that Paul was enjoining basic Christian character on Timothy as an example for others to follow.

So the man of God here will either apply to all of God's people or none. I would have requested that you search through Acts or the gospel to find MSN of God. There you will find none. Even the pharisees never called them such.

Read the book of Timothy and see when he referred to generality and when he was specific. In that verse I quoted he said but YOU O Man of God. He was referring to Timothy. He was grooming the young man. Of course, we can learn from the scriptures and apply it where necessary but we can also rightly divide it too.
Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by WinsomeX: 5:26am On Sep 11, 2014
^^^

I had told you in the beginning that I was not likely to convince you; nor will you convince me. I have read your responses. We have them available for all who can read.

I will simply conclude on the thread having stopped the summary of the original at page 50.

Thanks for your time.

2 Likes

Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by Gombs(m): 6:05am On Sep 11, 2014
Divinity at Work in You-Thursday, September 11th.

Pastor Chris

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10).

Everyone born into the world is born with the natural human life. Man, however, is a spirit being and needs the supernatural life to function to his full potentials. That’s the reason Jesus came to give us another kind of life—the God-kind of life. Anyone that has received Jesus as Lord has this life (1 John 5:11). The Apostle John, emphasizing this, declared, “These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life…” (1 John 5:13).

God wants you to have the consciousness of the divine life in you. He wants you to be aware that because of this divine life working in every fibre of your being, no one, and nothing, can destroy you. Ephesians 2:1 says, “And you [He made alive], when you were dead (slain) by [your] trespasses and sins” (AMP). Think about that: you were dead, but now you’re alive in Christ. Can you see why you’re indestructible and invincible? Life works in you. This is the right mindset for the believer in Christ; the Lord Jesus Christ came to this world, died in your place, and was raised from the dead to give you a new life that’s not susceptible to defeat, failure or death.

You should therefore live happy, joyful and in glory, victory, righteousness, dominion, and excellence. Live the triumphant life for which the Lord Jesus died. He didn’t die for nothing; He died for you to enjoy the benefits of the new life He’s given you. Therefore, refuse to be defeated or mesmerized by Satan; refuse to let sickness ravage your body! Say no to poverty and lack. Everyday, be conscious that divinity is at work in you! Glory to God!

Confession. ..
I’m life-conscious; life works in me! Every fibre of my being, every bone of my body, and every cell of my blood, is inundated with divine energy! I will never be defeated in this life; divinity is at work in me. Greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world. I’m alive to God! Halleluiah!

Further Study :
1 Timothy 6:12.
Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.

John 5:26.
For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself; ;

1 John 5:11.
And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan:2 Corinthians 11:1-15, Proverbs 29-31
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: 2 Thessalonians 3:11-18, Jeremiah 29

3 Likes

Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by Gombs(m): 6:31am On Sep 11, 2014
Dragonking:

1. According to my knowledge of the bible, Peter was always with jesus as i presume that jesus wanted to use peter as the rock upon which he would establish the Church. John was beloved by jesus so it is rational that he of all people will be with jesus. As for james, i believe is due to martyrdom..

Too much conjecture in your writ...and it's appalling. Peter, James and John by virtue of fheir occupation must have been muscular, I almost dropped my tab in epileptic laughter when you said James is due to matyrdom... and Jesus wanted to use Peter as the rock which he'd establish the Church, Peter is not any rock, , what Peter said was the rock on which the church stands. Quit assuming, go study

None of these men followed jesus in order to act as a body guard.

Yet they had swords with them? Where they butchers? grin

2. Peter carried the sword with him but it was never the instruction of jesus. Jesus rebuked Peter in

So Jesus NEVER knew Peter moved around with a sword? Mind explaining the below bold for me?

[NLT] Luke 22:38 “Look, Lord,” they replied, “we have two swords among us.” “That’s enough,” he said.

If you say Jesus Peter's possession of a sword was never in Jesus' knowledge, explain the above bold for me. Looks to me you are lying, for Jesus never lies.

the bible for taking his instructions to utilize a sword

[NLT] Luke 22:49 When the other disciples saw what was about to happen, they exclaimed, “Lord, should we fight? We brought the swords!”

Looks to me you don't have a Bible. Jesus knew of the those swords, infact, John was believed to be with the other, question is, why were they with swords? It's ok if you can't answer...remember I'm not here to convince you, like Jo said, I'm laying facts side by side for posterity sake and others who would be watching and reading, the rest is left for the Holy Spirit

literally. So ask yourself, why would he want them to carry swords if they were not to use them in the first place?

Refer to verse 49 above. You still never answer me o...why were they with swords? Were they Sumarai or Ninjas? Or Jesus had no knowledge of their possession of arms yet he knew Judas ws stealing from the bag and was indeed the devil?

3 Likes

Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by Joagbaje(m): 7:17am On Sep 11, 2014
John 7:1
​ -- After these things Jesus walked in Galilee: for he would not walk in Jewry, because the Jews sought to kill him.

Was Jesus afraid ? Where's divine protection . Security is common sense. There's time to hide ,there's time to retreat ,there's time to shout JEEESUS! And the enemy falls. There's time to defend , weapon or hand. All by Gods leading and according to the present hour faith of the individual. No matter the security measures put in place especially in the face of a threat, security is still by God . But we all should know that putting faith only in measure will be idolatrous .

3 Likes

Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by trustman: 7:31am On Sep 11, 2014
mbaemeka:

You believe the bible is the truth abi? Let it sell itself.

There were many rebuttals but those flew over you. Besides, I wonder what he achieved? He mixed truths with lies to make the dish palatable but I saw through his nonsense.

Will Placebo effect put a smashed femur together? Will Placebo effect make the HIV status change to negative? Will Placebo effect dematerialize cancer, unblock clogged arteries, cause a child suffering from cerebral palsy to begin to walk and act normal?

When you hear him say some were healed you assume 50 people came to the HS abi? NO, 1000s go there including ministers of other churches. The name of Jesus works man! There was a lady who came from Ghana after she had undergone chemo with no significant change after it. The MOG ministered to her but she didn't look like there was a change. He told her sons who brought her to take her back to Ghana ln that coma-like state and that after some days she will get up. Long story short, after a few days her family members thought she was dead and almost fought to get her buried but her son's objected to it. She got up like she had been sleeping. Interestingly, her hair had began regrowing (as it was bald because of the Chemo) and it grew out black hair. The son's said before her Chemo her hair was fully grey. They came back to testify with her after 2-3 years.

What type of mind of matter can do this but the power in the name of Jesus- the one you say you believe in?

He fabricated all he posted by mixing truths with lies and yes he is not a straight person. I mean, someone who only comes on NL to talk about one man and one man only is working on personal vendetta. Nothing else.

Thousands visit the HS regularly. If a man gets healed and does not walk in faith he could get re-afflicted. For the HS to be a fiasco more of the people that go there and get healed should die after getting healed than the one's who stay alive and that is not even close to the case.

What does the word of God say? That's what matters. Someone cannot get healed in an environment where they teach you how sicknesses and diseases have been taken away by God and then after getting healed you go to an environment where you are taught that "healings have ceased, God does not take away sicknesses etc" and expect to remain the same. All Christians have an adversary- the devil, who walks about looking for whom to devour. If he sees any opportunity he will take it all, so we are told to give him no place!

In the City of Ephesus, so mightily grew the word of God and prevailed!!!

My points are these:
If the healing school produce the results claimed by you guys it will sell itself. You don't need to call a critic of it a liar or try to discredit him for presenting AN INSIDER experience of it. 

SirJohn provided a video and showed what was wrong with it. He noted how many were edited. He stated specific DETAILS of the processes and procedures at the healing school. What an objective observer expects is for you guys to either come up and say 'No, you are wrong here. The video is not as you say' or 'No, we don't do this or that at the healing school'. But you have not done that. That is what I mean by NO CORRESPONDING REBUTTALS from you CE members. Simply stating that they have been given doesn't cut it. Statements such as 'ok have it your way', or the like simply do not answer anything. 

Again, can you PROVIDE SPECIFIC EVIDENCE that SirJohn fabricated all he posted by mixing truth with lies and that he is not a straight person?

Can we say then that SINCE people who get healed at the healing school CAN LOSE their healing what they get there is CONDITIONAL HEALING and not really a healing of permanent nature? Since they need to keep following some 'rules' in order to 'maintain' their healing?

Is there really a Christian or Christian group that claims LIKE YOU SAID that "healings have ceased, God does not take away sicknesses etc" ?

You didn't really answer this question:

Your quote is about Ephesus. My question is on whether success by any group is necessarily an evidence of God's approval.

2 Likes

Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by Dragonking: 8:04am On Sep 11, 2014
Gombs:

Too much conjecture in your writ...and it's appalling. Peter, James and John by virtue of fheir occupation must have been muscular, I almost dropped my tab in epileptic laughter when you said James is due to matyrdom... and Jesus wanted to use Peter as the rock which he'd establish the Church, Peter is not any rock, , what Peter said was the rock on which the church stands. Quit assuming, go study

You assume. How is John muscular when he was even the youngest?

Gombs: Yet they had swords with them? Where they butchers? grin

How many of them had sword with them? There were only two literal swords and only peter held onto his sword as he didnt understand what jesus meant..Why did jesus rebuke peter and told him that if he needed protection he would call on his daddy to send legion of angels to protect him? Please explain that?

Gombs: So Jesus NEVER knew Peter moved around with a sword? Mind explaining the below bold for me?

[NLT] Luke 22:38 “Look, Lord,” they replied, “we have two swords among us.” “That’s enough,” he said.

If you say Jesus Peter's possession of a sword was never in Jesus' knowledge, explain the above bold for me. Looks to me you are lying, for Jesus never lies.

^^I believe i have answered this, so let me repeat it again.
Now, lets find out if Jesus was talking about the literal swords to be taken? If He meant the literal swords why did He rebuke Peter for using the sword against His enemy?

Matthew 26:52-53: Then said Jesus unto him, Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the
sword shall perish with the sword. Thinkest thou that I cannot now pray to my Father, and he shall presently give me more than twelve legions of angels?

^^Here in this passage, it is evident and jesus stated it clearly that he doesnt need man's protection that if indeed he needed protection he would have called on his father to give him legions of angels.

Jesus never told them to get physical swords and he obviously did not mean the literal sword as he rebuked Peter for using it.

Now, Luke 22:38: And they said, Lord, behold, here are two swords. And he said unto them, It is enough.

Look closely and observe that Jesus did not say "the two swords were enough", but said, "It is enough". So if Jesus meant about the literal swords, how could two swords be enough for twelve people if they were going to war or fight an angry mob? And if Jesus meant just two swords were enough then He would be contradicting His own words earlier, where he told all of them should have a sword each!

Gombs: [NLT] Luke 22:49 When the other disciples saw what was about to happen, they exclaimed, “Lord, should we fight? We brought the swords!”

Looks to me you don't have a Bible. Jesus knew of the those swords, infact, John was believed to be with the other, question is, why were they with swords? It's ok if you can't answer...remember I'm not here to convince you, like Jo said, I'm laying facts side by side for posterity sake and others who would be watching and reading, the rest is left for the Holy Spirit

Before the event that happened in Luke 22:49, go to Luke 22: 38: where it was stated that the disciples had only two swords, so how on earth do they want to protect jesus with only two swords? Not all of them had swords as there were only two swords before the event in verse 49.

Luke 22:38: The disciples said, "See, Lord, here are two swords." "That's enough!" he replied. Even here, jesus literally rebuked them for not understanding him, thats why the saying "That's enough!" ends with an exclamation which shows that he shouted or rebuked them.

Gombs: Refer to verse 49 above. You still never answer me o...why were they with swords? Were they Sumarai or Ninjas? Or Jesus had no knowledge of their possession of arms yet he knew Judas ws stealing from the bag and was indeed the devil?

Peter held unto his sword against the wish of jesus according to the story.

Matthew 26:52-53: Then said Jesus unto him, Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword. Thinkest thou that I cannot now pray to my Father, and he shall presently give me more than twelve legions of angels?

^^I repeat, Here in this passage, it is evident and jesus stated it clearly that he doesnt need man's protection that if indeed he needed protection he would have called on his father to give him legions of angels.

Jesus never told them to get physical swords and he obviously did not mean the literal sword as he rebuked Peter for using it.
Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by Dragonking: 8:07am On Sep 11, 2014
mbaemeka:

Stop being an ignorant churl. I don't know Pastor Chris Okotie from Adam besides I don't believe he regularly does that. He did it after making some controversial statement about the Roman catholics and I don't think it is status quo in his services.

Randy escapades in PHC? Why not Lagos or Switzerland? Keep your Hotel fables for someone who knows nothing ok? Or better still beg the girls to come out and expose him.

There is no need to justify the adulterer called chris..This is just the beginning and definitely he would be exposed..This divorce saga is just the beginning of the end.
Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by Dragonking: 8:13am On Sep 11, 2014
Joagbaje:

That's not an issue. I picked my point of emphasis for a reason. Security is common sense. We trust in dods protection and we also take physical measures. Jesus took physical measures. Paul took physical measures. But faith is still in God to even make the physical measures work

Proverbs 21:31
The horse is prepared against the day of battle:
but safety is of the Lord.

Psalms 18:34
He teacheth my hands to war,
so that a bow of steel is broken by mine arms.

Taking physical measures is common sense. But trust must always be in God. In Gods wisdom ,he tells us to take precaution. Those who have armed men are not necessary going to shoot anybody. It's to prevent crime by their presence. Not about trusting in guns. We do have digs in our houses,we lock our doors. Everyone has different enemies which determines your precaution, it is wrong to keep dogs in your house and criticise another for have police .

Matthew 26:52-53: Then said Jesus unto him, Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword. Thinkest thou that I cannot now pray to my Father, and he shall presently give me more than twelve legions of angels?

^^I repeat, here in this passage, it is evident and jesus stated it clearly that he doesnt need man's protection that if indeed he needed protection he would have called on his father to give him legions of angels.

A proclaimed MOG who is suppose to have the so-called almighty power of God yet cant rely on that power of God but that of men is fake and powerless. Nothing more. Your jesus has stated it clearly.
Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by Joagbaje(m): 8:16am On Sep 11, 2014
Dragonking:

There is no need to justify the adulterer called chris..This is just the beginning and definitely he would be exposed..This divorce saga is just the beginning of the end.

Stop being silly, he didn't commit any adultery.

2 Likes

Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by Joagbaje(m): 8:25am On Sep 11, 2014
Dragonking:

^^I repeat, here in this passage, it is evident and jesus stated it clearly that he doesnt need man's protection that if indeed he needed protection he would have called on his father to give him legions of angels.

Yes of course , he has fulfilled his ministry and He protected himself till he was arrested, death is the next phase. . Paul protected himself , mobilized soldiers for protection (indirectly) he also escape mob by flee a city smuggled in a basket. But when his MINUSTRY was over ,he had a different disposition . He was ready to die.

2 Timothy 4:6-8
For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand. I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith: Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.

A proclaimed MOG who is suppose to have the so-called almighty power of God yet cant rely on that power of God but that of men is fake and powerless. Nothing more. Your jesus has stated it clearly.

Why didn't Jesus use the power instead of hiding and escaping?
Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by Dragonking: 8:36am On Sep 11, 2014
Joagbaje:

Stop being silly, he didn't commit any adultery.

Oh yes, he just had inappropriate relationships with female members of the church. grin grin

He was even caught with laying his head down on the laps of one of his female biitches.

You are being brainwashed.

1 Like

Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by Dragonking: 8:42am On Sep 11, 2014
Joagbaje:

Yes of course , he has fulfilled his ministry and He protected himself till he was arrested, death is the next phase. . Paul protected himself , mobilized soldiers for protection (indirectly) he also escape mob by flee a city smuggled in a basket. But when his MINUSTRY was over ,he had a different disposition . He was ready to die.

2 Timothy 4:6-8
For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand. I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith: Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.

Why didn't Jesus use the power instead of hiding and escaping?

I dont know why you keep on with this merry-go-round. Here is my previous response to you on this issue.vvv

Its a shame that you dont even know and understand your bible stories.

John 8:59: Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.

Now if you open your mind to the bolded, you will observe that jesus went out of the temple by going through the mist of the angry mob that wanted to kill him and passed by their midst without the angry mob even knowing.

In lame mans language, jesus passed through the angry mob without the mob seeing him or knowing according to this your previous quoted scripture..

^^That is the protection @joagbaje

That is the protection i expect all these MOG to display not by hiring commandos and deadly squads.

Ask yourself, what happened that the angry mob diddnt see jesus even when he walked pass them in their midst according to the story?

As for paul, i still stand that he never used or moved around with armed men when he wants to minister or walking down the road.
Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by Gombs(m): 8:57am On Sep 11, 2014
Oh well!... no need dragging with dragonking... posterity would judge for themselves grin

Calling Pastor Chris an Adulterer is even Hillarious....I can imagine the smile on his face on those allegations from the media grin

1 Like

Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by Dragonking: 9:04am On Sep 11, 2014
Gombs: Oh well!... no need dragging with dragonking... posterity would judge for themselves grin

Calling Pastor Chris an Adulterer is even Hillarious....I can imagine the smile on his face on those allegations from the media grin

He isnt an adulterer, rather he was just having inappropriate relationships with other female members of the church and not his wife..Konji na ba.stard! grin grin

Dont worry, more is coming out and definitely it will be too hot for him to handle. grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by LambanoPeace: 9:09am On Sep 11, 2014
Dragonking:

He isnt an adulterer, rather he was just having inappropriate relationships with other female members of the church and not his wife..Konji na ba.stard! grin grin

Dont worry, more is coming out and definitely it will be too hot for him to handle. grin grin

I see how you trying to run away from your idiocy! Change focal point from the bodyguards to adultery! That was a cowardly move bro! But nicely played

Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by Dragonking: 9:14am On Sep 11, 2014
LambanoPeace:

I see how you trying to run away from your idiocy! Change focal point from the bodyguards to adultery! That was a cowardly move bro! But nicely played

^^Look at this jerry curled eediot..who is changing stance here..I still hold on to my stance and everything is valid. I have asked questions they have not answered. So before you come out to spew trash, think again and read properly.
Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by Kenny4lyfe(m): 9:18am On Sep 11, 2014
LambanoPeace:

Hmmmnnn...
Na today?
If they don't talk about bodyguard, they switch to adultery. If that fails, they switch to tithe and seeds. They've been at it since 32AD.
The devil sure have them on a full-time payroll! grin

2 Likes

Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by jdilight(m): 9:18am On Sep 11, 2014
Gombs: Divinity at Work in You-Thursday, September 11th.

Pastor Chris

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10).

Everyone born into the world is born with the natural human life. Man, however, is a spirit being and needs the supernatural life to function to his full potentials. That’s the reason Jesus came to give us another kind of life—the God-kind of life. Anyone that has received Jesus as Lord has this life (1 John 5:11). The Apostle John, emphasizing this, declared, “These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life…” (1 John 5:13).

Please no one born into this world was born a natural human life. All born into this world were born with Gods life. The gift of God are without repentance. Everyone of us threw the life of God in us away as did Adam.
Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by LambanoPeace: 9:19am On Sep 11, 2014
Dragonking:

^^Look at this jerry curled eediot..who is changing stance here..I still hold on to my stance and everything is valid. I have asked questions they have not answered. So before you come out to spew trash, think again and read properly.

Why was it again you said Peter was with a sword? Let me assume Jesus wasn't aware even though Gombs proved beyond reasonable doubt that Jesus was fully aware.
Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by Dragonking: 9:22am On Sep 11, 2014
LambanoPeace:

Why was it again you said Peter was with a sword? Let me assume Jesus wasn't aware even though Gombs proved beyond reasonable doubt that Jesus was fully aware.

Why didnt peter use the sword when the mob wanted to attack jesus in John 8:59? Where were his so-called body guards or ninjas according to Gombs (Peter, james and john) that jesus had to hide before he walked pass through the mist of the mob?

You will only believe what you want to believe.
Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by Gombs(m): 9:24am On Sep 11, 2014
jdilight:

Please no one born into this world was born a natural human life. All born into this world were born with Gods life. The gift of God are without repentance. Everyone of us threw the life of God in us away as did Adam.

Really? Why then do we need to get born again if we already came with it? Why then was John 3:16 and Romans 10:9 still very relevant today?
Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by Gombs(m): 9:26am On Sep 11, 2014
Dragonking:

Why didnt peter use the sword when the mob wanted to attack jesus in John 8:59? Where were his so-called body guards according to Gombs (Peter, james and john) that jesus had to hide before he walked pass through the mist of the mob?

You will only believe what you want to believe.

Ogbeni answer her/him joor... why was peter with a sword? Was he Sumarai or a gangster? Or butcher? Or suya man?
Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by LambanoPeace: 9:28am On Sep 11, 2014
Gombs:

Ogbeni answer her/him joor... why was peter with a sword? Was he Sumarai or a gangster? Or butcher? Or suya man?

I tire o! DragonKing, it's really fine if you can't or don't want to answer
Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by Dragonking: 9:29am On Sep 11, 2014
Gombs:

Guy i have answered you severally..Peter was with a sword but it was against the wish of jesus. QED.

Let me ask, where was peter with his sword when jesus hid himself from the mob? Why didnt he come out in commando style to defend his master?

What happened to your other body guards (james and john) when the mob wanted to attack jesus?

Abi dem go piss?
Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by Dragonking: 9:30am On Sep 11, 2014
LambanoPeace:

I tire o! DragonKing, it's really fine if you can't or don't want to answer

I have answered, so stop running away.

Bunch of religious cowards.

You say peter, james and john were jesus body guards and followed him where ever jesus went..So what happened when jesus was almost attacked by the mob? where did peter, james and john go to? Did they forget the sword at home?
Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by Kenny4lyfe(m): 9:32am On Sep 11, 2014
Gombs:

Really? Why then do we need to get born again if we already came with it? Why then was John 3:16 and Romans 10:9 still very relevant today?

*Addendum*
Why the need for Jesus' famous utterance in John 10:10b - "...I am come that they might have LIFE..."?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (38) (Reply)

Meet Gbenga Alalade, Architect Behind Living Faith Ark (Photos) / Picture Of A Nairalander Heading For Church To Praise Her Creator / "Prophet Joshua Iginla Shared Nudes With Stella" - Wife, Yemisi Iginla (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 145
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.