Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,036 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:12 AM

Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland (64327 Views)

5 Reasons Why Linda Ikeji's Blog Makes More Money Than Nairaland / Why Nairaland Makes More Money Than Linda Ikeji! / Who Makes More Cash Everyday Between Linda Ikeji And Seun Of Nairaland? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by Zammydagreat(m): 2:26pm On Sep 17, 2014
Front page topic like.... How to become tonto dike
Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by argon500: 2:26pm On Sep 17, 2014
@ op, nice one.. Some bunch of f***l would still go ahead insulting the op..

@ Seun, a word is enough for the wise

1 Like

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by Olaone1: 2:26pm On Sep 17, 2014
maclatunji: I have analysed this in the past. Linda Ikeji's blog is the top Nigerian online advertising destination and there is hardly any doubt about it.
Even Seun knows this
Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by Tval(m): 2:26pm On Sep 17, 2014
What's this noise all about? Not everyone likes showing off, oga Seun doesn't own a car of 35 million doesn't mean his forum makes lesser income compare to linda's blog.

NAIRALAND: www.alexa.com/siteinfo/nairaland.com+
www.worthofweb.com/website-value/nairaland.com-

Lindaikeji..com: www.alexa.com/siteinfo/lindaikeji..com+

www.worthofweb.com/website-value/lindaikeji..com-

4 Likes

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by calddon(m): 2:27pm On Sep 17, 2014
please who is this Linda

1 Like

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by arsetalks(m): 2:27pm On Sep 17, 2014
Makes sense but to be honest, any CEO who knows his salt will not advertise on Linda Ikeji. There are just too many ads competing with each other thereby affecting the click through rates and conversion rates.

Way too many adverts.

3 Likes

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by jtroy(m): 2:27pm On Sep 17, 2014
Hahahaha......o boy na you get mouth.
Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by scribble: 2:27pm On Sep 17, 2014
ketoprofen:

U are saying different things.
The question is, who makes more money per month ?
Everybody knows Linda does.

U guys are comparing apples and oranges...

Seun is not a for-profit blogger
It's like comparing Wikipedia and Google

They're both successful in their own lanes
But Seun has more room to grow

Nairaland gets more traffic ie some ppl come to nl but don't go to Linda ikeji

Traffic is the ultimate metric here not earnings...

2 Likes

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by Lilimax(f): 2:28pm On Sep 17, 2014
scribble:
God has not finished with Seun or nl yet
Yes oo! Seun chose to be doing his thing in his own way and we like it that way smiley
Everybody must not be like Linda Ikeji and Nairaland is not competing
with Linda Ikeji... embarassed

Long live Nairaland!

4 Likes

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by spanzed(m): 2:28pm On Sep 17, 2014
I prefer NL 1billion times to dat Linda's blog...infact av never been dere..seun keep on the good work...haters would always talk...Ejo ni won fe ro..

3 Likes

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by 9jagirl4re(f): 2:28pm On Sep 17, 2014
Ikengawo:

LMFAO! ahahahahah
Women make more small purchases and men make more large purchases. When it comes to online shopping, stats for Women reign supreme (well shopping in general). Men will make large purchases, a lot more often for them selves than for women, but everything from maintaining a house, buying dailies for kids, buying dailies for the spouse and self, etc is handled by women. If you go to a market you'll think it's a women's convention and it's like that for a reason. Traditionally women are the money managers and spenders. If i was advertising Bonvita i would aim for women because they will buy it for their children who will consume it faster. Yes men can do the shopping but that's less common than with women in our society. If the have kids odds are the mother shops for them even if the man provides all or a portion of the money.

In the US, if you go to a mall there will be and 30% allocation for men's stores and the rest will be women's goods and products.
When I said food BTW I meant restaurant. Men spend more money on gadgets, men spend money on women. Men have more money in the world so of course they spend it. No study shows women spend more then men overall that is impossible. Women spend more impulsively yes.
Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by UjSizzle(f): 2:28pm On Sep 17, 2014
adekayo1234: eventhough I agree with some of op's points, the fact has not change, Nl is the best thing that ever happened to my internet life. the homepage surely need some classy touch but one thing I will not want seun to sacrifice is the ease with which every device navigates Nl. Linda ikeji blog is so trashy, lacks content and can never stand shoulder to shoulder with Nl.

God bless Seun
God bless Nairaland
You shouldn't even compare both. Linda writes gossip, and gossip sells.

4 Likes

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by delors(m): 2:29pm On Sep 17, 2014
Thank you Megaphone. These points are no different from my argument months back. Pls see this link to my topic:

https://www.nairaland.com/1399191/changes-like-see-nairaland

Seun doesn't seem to be a serious guy esp as far as upping the game of this site. I can not say he is contented with mediocrity but he looks it. The unattractiveness of the site is enough to discourage any wealthy potential investor. The link above says it all. Thanks
Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by scribble: 2:29pm On Sep 17, 2014
JeffreyJamez: If only you people know How much money Seun makes.....Im sure he's reading this and laughing somewhere.

Lol Abi....

That one Sef dey

1 Like

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by smithereen: 2:29pm On Sep 17, 2014
Your advertiser friend should stay offline where he belongs: Both businesses run on different advertising and demographics models. One (Ikeji) relies on flashy PR, gossip, and "bottom power" thus achieves quicker growth but limited returns, the other (NL) relies on masses interests and problems and even though it has slower organic financial growth, its potential is unlimited.

1. Homepage: The flashy homepage only impresses online dinosaurs like your ad friend, and similar internet-ingnoramus moneybag advertisers. if homepage flashiness were the issue, GOOGLE would be the poorest online business in the world.

2. Truely NL caters for a lower income group. But this income group makes up 99% of the market being addressed. With time, the sheer size of this group will become productive for NL. (No details shared, sorry).

3 Face: Face ke? Oga advert boss, who is the face of mastercard? or interswitch? Let me not even start on this....

4. "Trashy topics": Among these topics you will find those that are IMPORTANT to the masses, and those topics are gradually developing your so called poor 99% into a higher quality 99%. In short, NL is the medium that truely holds Nigeria.

People in offline businesses should get some education on the topic before rendering oppinion. One blogger's personal PR should not be used as a yardstick to analyze online businesses, abeg.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by Erotex(m): 2:29pm On Sep 17, 2014
Op don't forget tribalism
Most of my friends told me that
They only visit nairaland for tribal issue

Nairaland could have be better if not their tribalism and yeye topics which end up making front page
Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by Lilimax(f): 2:30pm On Sep 17, 2014
cirmuell: Seriously you guys should let this rest already, a blog is different from a forum.
Your points are out of place and idiotic.
Likes!
Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by GENTLETEE(m): 2:30pm On Sep 17, 2014
Quite educative and revealing.
Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by ignis: 2:30pm On Sep 17, 2014
Trashy tooic
Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by azimibraun: 2:30pm On Sep 17, 2014
Anyway, Dualism will always show its ugly face in human relationship. Na crime to get forum for " everyday people" and the "Elite"? Before you

know it now, Seun go turn to Eltist apologist. hence ordinary folks will be shut out out. Nairaland is the provernbial and legendary" LEVEL

PLAYING GROUND" all man equal for Nairaland joor!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by Wadosky(m): 2:30pm On Sep 17, 2014
Up chelsea
Up rangers fc
Up nairaland!
Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by MadCow1: 2:30pm On Sep 17, 2014
I wonder how much it would cost me to buy off 40% of Nairaland..

Seun, if you are interested in this deal, please let me know.

#Seriously..

I believe Nairaland can be so much more than it currently is ..

1 Like

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by Lilimax(f): 2:30pm On Sep 17, 2014
BlazeyJ: But i still prefer nairaland..
Me too smiley

3 Likes

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by Olaone1: 2:31pm On Sep 17, 2014
manny4life:

That you're an introvert doesn't mean you don't go to or participate in social events; it means you're quiet and reserved. Mark is known; he has made several presentations about his company. When his company was about to go public, he was the face of the IPO. When he wants to buy out smaller companies or introduce new applications, he's in the public eye. That's more than enough for Toyota to spend more than $40 million annually for advertising.
Mark is an American. He owns a site that has millions of users. His is a public company. Also, raising an IPO is not moin moin. You have to come out of your shell to make real dough outta it. It's all about being business-savvy. It was a strategy
In fact, Zuckerberg began to really socialize when he decided his "baby" was going public. It was a ploy!

2 Likes

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by Nobody: 2:31pm On Sep 17, 2014
uzolexis: Nairaland and linda ikeji's blog are not the same thing. NL is a FORUM where anybody can post whatever,where pple discuss and talk about a wide range of issues, as such you can't actually say it's owned by 1 person,though Seun started it,all the users have a stake in it too. We all know how it affects us when Seun changes something on NL,how a lot of us complain about it n all,most times Seun has 2 inform us of what to expect,ask for our suggestions and all.Not long ago NL was attacked,we know how it affected us and what we lost. LIB on the other hand is a blog and as such only the owner of d blog has the right to start a new topic, pple only mk contributions based on what was posted by the owner of d blog. She has the right to do whatever she wants with her blog,pple don't keep diaries on LIB,or write stories or stuff like that.
So don't compare both of them cause they are not the same thing. Compare NL with other forums and compare LIB with other blogs.

hopefully Nairaland can be like quora.com which does the same and its nice wink

1 Like

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by scribble: 2:31pm On Sep 17, 2014
dROC1: Seun had about 60mill stashed somewhere about 3years ago.
Blogging is big business.

He dropped out to found Nairaland...

And he was a first class student

Kai....God is good too some people o

Eleda mi wo mi o....
Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by Orikinla(m): 2:32pm On Sep 17, 2014
Megaphone: I was talking to a ceo of a huge advertising agency on the island, and i told him i do not believe linda bought that car for 24b million naira in cash. How come she makes so much money? I told him about a site called nairaland and he laughed. He said his agency had patronized linda to te tune of about 5m in cash, and he hasn't even bought any space on nairaland. i asked why.. He gave me about four reasons reasons

Nairaland's homepage looks idiotic on a desktop. The page looks like an abandoned webpage and that chases potential customers away

Nairaland seems to have more low income bracket users than high income. Linda Ikeji on the other hand has got a lot of High income readers and they have the financial capacity to purchase products advertised on the blog. On the other hand Nairaland's users are mainly job seekers, scammers and the likes or small start business men who just dont have the money. They come to the site to trade their 'goods' and not to buy anyway

Nairaland doesn't have a face. He compared Stella Dimok to Linda. He said how many times do you see Stella in Public? Shes based in Germany and so no face. Same with Nairaland. No one knows whos behind it. He said Great organisations always have a face. A CEO out there in the public eyes. He then gave examples like Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg, and so many others. They're out there in the public eye. That he said does not just attract customers but big time investors. He said Linda Ikeji is more out there, more social and so people like her (shes pretty too) and trust her with big money more than someone whom they do not even know!

Nairaland's frontpage contains trashy topics. He said when you got topics like ' Why do ladies fart?'on the frontpage or which do you prefer Chicken or turkey on a front page, then that kind of site cant be taken serious by any customer or investor. Linda's blog on the other hand contains trendy and fashionable topics that attracts upscale folks and wealthy readers. Advertisers he says love such a medium.

OP, you are an id-iot and the so called CEO you quoted is an id-iot as well.
Majority of local AD Agencies patronize Google AdWords and Google AdWords then spreads the adverts on thousands of Nigerian websites and foreign websites frequented by Nigerians.

LIB makes millions from direct events and products promos and she makes about N3m monthly, but not on a regular basis.

LIB will not get a single advert from agencies if she were in the US, UK and other developed countries, because they don't advertise on blogs on sub domains.

I successfully used Nairaland for the publicity advert of Transerve Disc Technologies and got over 1 million impressions and over 3, 000 visits to the company's website.

Nairaland remains the most affordable most Nigerian visited public website to advertise.

PS: I have recommended LIB to major advertisers like Ekulo Group and she got her Nokia contract through me.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by Nobody: 2:33pm On Sep 17, 2014
ZACHIE: Rubbish
NL is a go-to-resource centre by the serious and academic, Linda is just garbage.

After all the rubbishy hype, NL will get better and stronger down the line, Linda will be dead buried, and forgotten.

And, true, SEUN does not need to thrust his face in your face.

He is who he is, a nerd, a workaholic.....take it or prostrate to a moving a trailer

GBAM.
Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by solara: 2:33pm On Sep 17, 2014
scribble: Glad to see this topic here

Linda makes at least $40000 a month in ad revenue but does she have anybody on her payroll?

Apart from that sloth, Laura

The ad agency guy is just silly... most major advertisers come to NL...

Seuns own is just cheaper even though his traffic is the highest in Nigeria....

Seun doesn't want to do this for profit only...he wants everyone to benefit from the community (having something for everyone is the advertisers dream)

In fact Seun is like the Jesus of Nigeria internet....if he had a donate button like Wikipedia...

I would dash him at least 10k just cos I like the value he has created....

God has not finished with Seun or nl yet

undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

Abdulsamad Rabiu Gives Emir Of Kano, Aminu Ado, A N200M Worth Rolls Royce Car / Bitcoin Lord Recovers His Cars From EFCC (Photos) / Fatima Dangote And Jamil Abubakar's Honeymoon Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.