Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,064 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:51 AM

Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland (64331 Views)

5 Reasons Why Linda Ikeji's Blog Makes More Money Than Nairaland / Why Nairaland Makes More Money Than Linda Ikeji! / Who Makes More Cash Everyday Between Linda Ikeji And Seun Of Nairaland? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by phoenix33: 2:33pm On Sep 17, 2014
OGA SEUN DON SHOW FACE grin grin grin
Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by otobomax(m): 2:34pm On Sep 17, 2014
What nonsense Respect pples personality how hard is that to comprehend with. Seun is a person for the pple n masses in general. As far as am concerned his doing wat he is meant to do n mind you he's still going far. The sky is ur starting point Mr.Seun don't mind them oooo , keep up the good job. Elenu sir cool
Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by maclatunji: 2:34pm On Sep 17, 2014
Olaone1:
Even Seun knows this

1. Do not stop trying to succeed because you have problems with entrepreneurship

Many aspiring business people get tired easily when a few of their endeavours do no turn out well. They get frustrated and are not willing to continue to fail. However, what many do not realise is that those "failures" are part of the learning curve they need to go through before they succeed. Linda was trying her hands at publishing a magazine when she started blogging and was getting frustrated at the lack of funds. I do not think she realised that blogging would be much more profitable than the magazine for which she was seeking funding and support to continue publishing. However, because she did not stop trying, she succeeded eventually in establishing a name for herself as a successful blogger.

2. Have an open mind

All too often, we close our eyes to opportunities that lie before us because we are too fixated on one idea and refuse to see other opportunities. Take a break from whatever it is you are doing now and review the entire concept and process, are there possibilities you are missing out on? Linda did not close her mind to blogging after publishing was giving her trouble, she simply went with what she felt was useful to her at that point and it became big!

3. Set a high standard for yourself

Read the promise Linda makes at the end of her 1st post on her blog: "i promise to give you the best..make sure u visit this blog atleast everyday". It is not even written in correct English but it passes a message, a strong one: "I am going to give you the best, come back here everyday". That is a very strong and challenging commitment to make but it gives us an insight into her mission and vision for her blog. You should do the same for your blog or business, let your readers or customers have a firm promise and commitment from you. Then, do your best to deliver.

4. Be Consistent

Linda wanted people to visit her blog everyday right from the start. Why? Because she wanted to be consistent, providing her news sorry... gossip everyday and people have been returning like she requested. You too have to be consistent, we human beings are creatures of habit and old habits die hard. Once your customers know you will deliver the value you have promised them consistently, they more often than not will keep coming back.

http://www.coolstuff49ja.com/2014/02/7-lessons-you-should-learn-from-linda.html

No be today we don dey analyse the Linda Ikeji phenomenon.

6 Likes

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by jtroy(m): 2:34pm On Sep 17, 2014
Bad belle. Hate all u want dawg. Linda has got an Suv and I dont see it as a way of showing off but as a way of letting youngstars to know they have got potentials in them. LINDA IS A BLACK GIRL WHO ROCKS and I am proud she is nigerian and a role model to the young girls out there

3 Likes

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by dexterinc2003: 2:34pm On Sep 17, 2014
..i think Nairaland will crop in a lot more cash if the forum is restructured..Oga seun,add a little colour,give us a dislike button,thrash the share button,uncensor some particular words..i dont mean to compare, but the likes of facebook,twitter have changed massively since conception...but nairaland appears static.i luv nairaland though and hope seun changes tatics eventually like arsene wenger...cos i know there is money oga seun..(buy correct striker) grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by Nobody: 2:34pm On Sep 17, 2014
_

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by Rilwayne001: 2:35pm On Sep 17, 2014
scribble: Glad to see this topic here

Linda makes at least $40000 a month in ad revenue but does she have anybody on her payroll?

Apart from that sloth, Laura

The ad agency guy is just silly... most major advertisers come to NL...

Seuns own is just cheaper even though his traffic is the highest in Nigeria....

Seun doesn't want to do this for profit only...he wants everyone to benefit from the community (having something for everyone is the advertisers dream)

In fact Seun is like the Jesus of Nigeria internet....if he had a donate button like Wikipedia...

I would dash him at least 10k just cos I like the value he has created....

God has not finished with Seun or nl yet

Thank you jare my brother.

You've said it all

4 Likes

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by daveP(m): 2:35pm On Sep 17, 2014
Sweetlemon: Lol!

I agree. Though addictive. Reading comments here on NL gives visitors the impression that NLers are mostly young broke asssess forming cliques, looking for fun, supremacy, or small money.

Why should people be fighting on irrelevant topics way past midnight? O bu gini? Even if una no get work una no get direction in life? Little kids attacking harmless posters because they believe the topic in question is their territory?

i wont agree wif u. But thats why its called Nairaland forum- all i repeat all classes meet here... Interact. I doubt linda can even take the insults Seun take now. She posts alone and yet pple still insult her badly. How much more when there is full access to her blog like Nairaland! Linda would simply commit suicide-Fact

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by Nobody: 2:36pm On Sep 17, 2014
smithereen:
1. Homepage: The flashy homepage only impresses online dinosaurs like your ad friend, and similar internet-ingnoramus moneybag advertisers. if homepage flashiness were the issue, GOOGLE would be the poorest online business in the world.

Nice points, but a quick note on your no. 1 point, the theme of a site should really depend on demographic, purpose and content. So you can't say flashy homepages only impress dinosaurs, because for the right demographic and purpose, having a powerful UI designed with a language like JavaScript can add fun, functionality, graphic appeal and much more.

In the case of sites like nairaland, facebook... simplicity in purpose is usually the key and so no major complaints there but there could be slight improvements in the UI, and core functionality of the site, for example adding a "live chat feature" between members who choose to opt in and so on...
Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by ketoprofen(m): 2:37pm On Sep 17, 2014
scribble:

U guys are comparing apples and oranges...

Seun is not a for-profit blogger
It's like comparing Wikipedia and Google

They're both successful in their own lanes
But Seun has more room to grow

Nairaland gets more traffic ie some ppl come to nl but don't go to Linda ikeji

Traffic is the ultimate metric here not earnings...

I understand u. I didn't say nairaland doesn't get more traffic ( though the use of alternate monickers gives false impression of traffic and members) , I also agree nairaland is more interesting and its a website, not a blog.
Some people also come to LIB but not NL.
But its clear, Linda ikeji makes more money, its not about the car or house she showcased.
Many big brands: shoprite, SNAAP, Unilever patronize LIB for adverts .
Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by jahlove4jah: 2:37pm On Sep 17, 2014
dryakson: If the op no b Linda Ikeja, make una carry gun shoot me.... Chaii another advertising.....
Who ever posted this topic to the front page deserves suspension from seun..... Am sure many will go to Linda's blog..
Just watching
count me in
Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by Lilimax(f): 2:37pm On Sep 17, 2014
MizMyColi: I must be the only female in Nigeria who doesn't visit LIB.
I hardly visit that blog too.
Still prefer NL to LIB smiley

3 Likes

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by iceberylin(m): 2:37pm On Sep 17, 2014
seun Gat the Fame....linda gat the Cash...That's all!!!!
Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by scribble: 2:38pm On Sep 17, 2014
I know a bit about blogging and American advertisers advertise in blogs too

Ever heard of Bossip, Perez Hilton, TMZ, WorldStar?

Major US companies, the Fortune 500 and Hollywood routinely do product activation with these guys

Besides Linda probably makes double that N3m. U don see that big IMO banner today

Her "daddy" probably thinks she is a wizard blogging from iPhone and computer making billions

Orikinla:

OP, you are an id-iot and the so called CEO you quoted is an id-iot as well.
Majority of local AD Agencies patronize Google AdWords and Google AdWords then spreads the adverts on thousands of Nigerian websites and foreign websites frequented by Nigerians.

LIB makes millions from direct events and products promos and she makes about N3m monthly, but not on a regular basis.

LIB will not get a single advert from agencies if she were in the US, UK and other developed countries, because they don't advertise on blogs on sub domains.

I successfully used Nairaland for the publicity advert of Transerve Disc Technologies and got over 1 million impressions and over 3, 000 visits to the company's website.

Nairaland remains the most affordable most Nigerian visited public website to advertise.

PS: I have recommended LIB to major advertisers like Ekulo Group and she got her Nokia contract through me.
Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by Orikinla(m): 2:39pm On Sep 17, 2014
ShoryuKen: Rubbish talk! The difference is Linda Ikeji's Blog mainly thrives on gossip – potshots if you like – and this goes to our human instincts to converge, scrutinize and/or derision others; sociologically, it's a pastime that has been done around fireplaces since ancient times.

Nairaland on the other hand, is also a place to converge, but in a crowd-sourced knowledge manner (annotative), not so much gossipy. It's the wisdom of the crowd on news/questions it's users seek.

Agreed, Nairaland needs a sprucing of it's website, on the UI front. UX (user experience) wise, it's lovely – we keep coming back. They are two different websites catering to different needs; one is run by a hobbyist who found it to be lucrative, the other by a techie who cares about the experience – lots of techies have reservations about the excessive adverts on Linda Ikeji – personally, it was a huge irritant.

Finally, they are two DIFFERENT websites – it all boils down to your choice. Enjoy! smiley

Thank you for your brilliant comment.
The OP is re-tarded.
A popular gossip blogger spends N24 million to buy a jeep and that means she is making more money than Nairaland?
What a stupid assumption and quoting one stupid CEO who must also be re-tarded as well.
Who says Seun cannot afford one?
Everybody has a price.
Moreover, our priorities are different.

Talking of popularity, my Google Plus page had over 14 million views in 72 hours and over 27 million so far. So, who is talking?

4 Likes

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by gentlestone(m): 2:39pm On Sep 17, 2014
wetin concern pigeon and toothpick? undecided
Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by ladej(m): 2:39pm On Sep 17, 2014
Megaphone: I was talking to a ceo of a huge advertising agency on the island, and i told him i do not believe linda bought that car for 24b million naira in cash. How come she makes so much money? I told him about a site called nairaland and he laughed. He said his agency had patronized linda to te tune of about 5m in cash, and he hasn't even bought any space on nairaland. i asked why.. He gave me about four reasons reasons

Nairaland's homepage looks idiotic on a desktop. The page looks like an abandoned webpage and that chases potential customers away

Nairaland seems to have more low income bracket users than high income. Linda Ikeji on the other hand has got a lot of High income readers and they have the financial capacity to purchase products advertised on the blog. On the other hand Nairaland's users are mainly job seekers, scammers and the likes or small start business men who just dont have the money. They come to the site to trade their 'goods' and not to buy anyway

Nairaland doesn't have a face. He compared Stella Dimok to Linda. He said how many times do you see Stella in Public? Shes based in Germany and so no face. Same with Nairaland. No one knows whos behind it. He said Great organisations always have a face. A CEO out there in the public eyes. He then gave examples like Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg, and so many others. They're out there in the public eye. That he said does not just attract customers but big time investors. He said Linda Ikeji is more out there, more social and so people like her (shes pretty too) and trust her with big money more than someone whom they do not even know!

Nairaland's frontpage contains trashy topics. He said when you got topics like ' Why do ladies fart?'on the frontpage or which do you prefer Chicken or turkey on a front page, then that kind of site cant be taken serious by any customer or investor. Linda's blog on the other hand contains trendy and fashionable topics that attracts upscale folks and wealthy readers. Advertisers he says love such a medium.
LOOKING AT THE ABOVE OBJECTIVELY, THE OP AND THE AD AGNECY ARE 100% SPOT ON.

NAIRALAND AINT MAXIMISING ITS POTENTIAL...FOR SURE

THE FONT AND LAYOUT IS REMINISCENT OF THE 90S...WAHALI

STEP UP
Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by OCTAVO: 2:40pm On Sep 17, 2014
I pity those saying trash and underestimating Seun. You guys are clueless and know nothing! Google could no longer pay Adsense at a point. Indigenous adverts were not allowed here on Nairaland years back, not until Google could no longer pay Seun's Adsense fee. That's to show you how much he scoops frequently from Google.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by ketoprofen(m): 2:40pm On Sep 17, 2014
nchewi: plz remind me, who is the face of wikipedia?
Smh!! Some people just don't get it. Nairaland is the number 1 site in Nigeria.

Lol, I think its punchng.com

1 Like

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by harrysterol(m): 2:40pm On Sep 17, 2014
cheesy grin
am0s: Nairaland is lyk ArsenalFc
bros y na embarassed
Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by Awoofawo(m): 2:40pm On Sep 17, 2014
teeo: Seun too is handsome nah.. Oya seun come lets do some PR work on you

You wan connect Seun with awon kosi arugbo ni Ghana? #Awon SugarMum cool grin
Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by mrnigeria(m): 2:40pm On Sep 17, 2014
Megaphone: I was talking to a ceo of a huge advertising agency on the island, and i told him i do not believe linda bought that car for 24b million naira in cash. How come she makes so much money? I told him about a site called nairaland and he laughed. He said his agency had patronized linda to te tune of about 5m in cash, and he hasn't even bought any space on nairaland. i asked why.. He gave me about four reasons reasons

Nairaland's homepage looks idiotic on a desktop. The page looks like an abandoned webpage and that chases potential customers away

Nairaland seems to have more low income bracket users than high income. Linda Ikeji on the other hand has got a lot of High income readers and they have the financial capacity to purchase products advertised on the blog. On the other hand Nairaland's users are mainly job seekers, scammers and the likes or small start business men who just dont have the money. They come to the site to trade their 'goods' and not to buy anyway

Nairaland doesn't have a face. He compared Stella Dimok to Linda. He said how many times do you see Stella in Public? Shes based in Germany and so no face. Same with Nairaland. No one knows whos behind it. He said Great organisations always have a face. A CEO out there in the public eyes. He then gave examples like Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg, and so many others. They're out there in the public eye. That he said does not just attract customers but big time investors. He said Linda Ikeji is more out there, more social and so people like her (shes pretty too) and trust her with big money more than someone whom they do not even know!

Nairaland's frontpage contains trashy topics. He said when you got topics like ' Why do ladies fart?'on the frontpage or which do you prefer Chicken or turkey on a front page, then that kind of site cant be taken serious by any customer or investor. Linda's blog on the other hand contains trendy and fashionable topics that attracts upscale folks and wealthy readers. Advertisers he says love such a medium.
Nairaland is a forum. Linda ikeji operates a blog. The two are very different. Nairaland can be more marketable, yes. But the trashy topics are the things that make Nairaland a hit. I got to Nairaland every day. I go to Linda Ikeji once in six months. And yes, I have money to spend. Bleep that wealthy reader ish.

9 Likes

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by wepingtk: 2:41pm On Sep 17, 2014
slimmy05: Naira land wasn't built from the scratch. That's why he cannot change the face of naira land or the format. I know seen is regretting this anyway.

I don't know if it's built from scratch or not

n even though is not built from scratch u can still try n change some format
Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by justwise(m): 2:41pm On Sep 17, 2014

Probably from madeup.com but thanks for the traffic

1 Like

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by gurnam: 2:42pm On Sep 17, 2014
Seun is an introvert.....I still have the feeling that the guy is investing his money better than buying a car for that kind of money.

5 Likes

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by ketoprofen(m): 2:42pm On Sep 17, 2014
JeffreyJamez: So in other words nairaland is full of broke people?... this dude hasnt been to the auto section, or property section...... besides what adverts are on Linda's blog?..... most of them are events!!....has he even seen the way her readers scramble for the change she drops for them?....some people sef Ehn.

exactly!!!!
Events! Do u know how much celebrants pay to have their events covered in LIB.
Such events are placed on NL by members for free.
I enjoy nl better tho

2 Likes

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by scribble: 2:43pm On Sep 17, 2014
ketoprofen:

I understand u. I didn't say nairaland doesn't get more traffic ( though the use of alternate monickers gives false impression of traffic and members) , I also agree nairaland is more interesting and its a website, not a blog.
Some people also come to LIB but not NL.
But its clear, Linda ikeji makes more money, its not about the car or house she showcased.
Many big brands: shoprite, SNAAP, Unilever patronize LIB for adverts .

Ok I give you that. Now consider this

Seun has the most political clout in Nigeria online...

Even more than saharareporters

Linda ikeji with all her bromance with Reno and the rest, she cannot achieve half what Seun can

Nairaland is more politically powerful and that's where the real purchasing power is...

3 Likes

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by ogawisdom(m): 2:43pm On Sep 17, 2014
But seun n close to 2 million nairalanders r nt complaining sooo wats this abt undecided

All those things u r complainin abt nairaland is wat makes it sooo fun to b in. Nairaland is different n d best I dnt even visit dt linda blog at all kiss

3 Likes

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by ducii: 2:44pm On Sep 17, 2014
InvertedHammer:
\
1. It is a total rip off for Linda Ikeji to pay N24m for a 2014 RR Sport. But having been through her blog and how she promotes Nigeria artists
and the exorbitant price tags she places on items, I will not be surprised at her embellishment. It is common to see something on her blog that says, "X buys Customized 2012 Y for N20m" whereas the Y is 2007 and costs about N4m.

2. Unless Linda Ikeji shows her account statement and Seun does same, we cannot for sure say who makes more. We can only speculate based on those variables we think we know. The same way Forbes Magazine lists the wealthiest individuals in the world and yet omits Vlamidir Putin with an estimated worth of $75 billion.

3. Well, in Nigeria..it pays to make a lot of noise. The more noise, the more people attach values to a product no matter how shallow it may be. Be it Linda or our politicians, the empty barrels always make the loudest noise. Linda is a "shakara" babe, that's all. Sometimes, people patronize Linda in anticipation of quid pro quo..the same way men pay strippers hoping for a quickie only to be disappointed that lap dances aint worth they are made out to be. In either case, there is no refund after payment. And if you have seen Stella Dimoko, you will agree with me that she is better off being on the background. She sure is not very easy on the eyes like Linda.
grin

/

There are criterias for making the Forbes list, Politicians don't make the list that is why you will not see a Babangida, an Obansanjo or a Goodluck making the list.

1 Like

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by Feedmemore(f): 2:44pm On Sep 17, 2014
Some of you are just underrating Seun, who told you guys that Seun can not Afford a 2014 RR Autobiography? It all depends on priority, Seun might have other worries to take care of instead of a RR.

1 Like

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by ibedun: 2:44pm On Sep 17, 2014
Everything in Nija revolves around money- another great sign of poverty.

Seun please leave the show offs to those people and concentrate on giving us value and increasing your traffic.

In time, all will naturally convert into a rock-solid enduring cashcow.

The other site is a fad and it will die out in time (as the lady in question gets older and younger rivals set up their own blogs).

NL would not be as susceptible to competition as the other site.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

Abdulsamad Rabiu Gives Emir Of Kano, Aminu Ado, A N200M Worth Rolls Royce Car / Bitcoin Lord Recovers His Cars From EFCC (Photos) / Fatima Dangote And Jamil Abubakar's Honeymoon Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.