Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,712 members, 7,824,022 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:35 PM

Nigeria Cuts Gas Supply To Ghana Over Strike - Business (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigeria Cuts Gas Supply To Ghana Over Strike (39975 Views)

IMF Cuts Nigeria Growth Forecast Yet Again / CBN Cuts Bdcs’ Dollar Sales To $10,000 / Power Supply To Increase By 600MW This Month - FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Cuts Gas Supply To Ghana Over Strike by mrham03(m): 11:17am On Sep 18, 2014
like seriously i dont really understand nigeria at all. U have oil, gas. Just building of thermal plants to provide electricity for your citizens too is a problem

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Cuts Gas Supply To Ghana Over Strike by diablos: 11:18am On Sep 18, 2014
Sh.it-Gaynaians...blackest, darkest, most horrible sh.it-faces ever to evolve in the west-coast...clueless country with nothing to offer other than, witchcraft, poverty, backwardness and stagnation...most inconsequential enclave in the african continent. Its sure sucks to be a SHit_gaynain grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Cuts Gas Supply To Ghana Over Strike by lezz(m): 11:21am On Sep 18, 2014
MissMeiya:

You're very uninformed. This "giant of Africa" thing has dulled many Nigerians to reality. Nigeria is a terribly risky place to do business. But the potential gains make the risk worth it.

I hate empty pride. I know what I'm talking about. I am one of those investors you speak so proudly of, albeit a tiny one. Who doesn't want a piece of the pie that is Nigeria? But the risk is very high.

Take a look at how low Nigeria scores on the Global Competitive Index, and how far it dropped from last year. If you saw the African countries that ranked higher in terms of ease of doing business, rule of law, security, and infrastructure, you might check your arrogance a bit.
it still doesn't negate the fact that Nigeria is an investment hub.

And what empty pride? Pls if anyone here is a nigerian, we have a lot to be proud of. There's work to be done but we're getting there.

All countries with large population has certain difficulties to cope with. We have been through the storms and came out undone.

We went through the scorching sun and we came off
un-weathered. By 1960 we were still learning how to live together as a country rather than as a continent.

Today, we're making progress in many areas and are number one in some sectors in the continent.

So many african countries are looking up to us. Please hold the optimistic candle light up for all to see and keep the bashing constructive without much rancour.

Nigeria is great, you need to go out to see.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Cuts Gas Supply To Ghana Over Strike by diablos: 11:21am On Sep 18, 2014
mrham03: like seriously i dont really understand Gayna at all. we dont have oil, gas. Just building of thermal plants to provide electricity for our citizens too is a problem

Sure SUCKS to be u grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Cuts Gas Supply To Ghana Over Strike by mrham03(m): 11:24am On Sep 18, 2014
diablos:

Sure SUCKS to be u grin
hey stop that crap. We all know nigeria is a hell hole
Re: Nigeria Cuts Gas Supply To Ghana Over Strike by lezz(m): 11:27am On Sep 18, 2014
MissMeiya:

Have you decided to follow me now? Do you need me to screenshot how I smacked your illiterate face into the pavement to remind you to stay in your hole?
he doesn't sound illiterate to me. But he sure does sound super patriotic.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Cuts Gas Supply To Ghana Over Strike by diablos: 11:28am On Sep 18, 2014
WITCHRAFT IN GHANA

Shock in Ghana over gruesome death of 'witch'
map Continue reading the main story
Related Stories

'Ritual killing' rescue in Ghana
Is witchcraft alive in Africa?
There has been widespread shock in Ghana over the death of a 72-year-old woman accused of being a witch.

The woman, who lived in the port city of Tema, near Accra, was allegedly set on fire by a group of five adults, one of whom is believed to be a pastor.

The suspects say her death was an accident, and deny committing any crime.

The BBC's David Amanor in Accra says belief in witches is common among both educated and uneducated Ghanaians.

Three women and two men have been arrested, aged between 37 and 55.

Police say the suspects tortured the woman, Ama Hemmah, until she confessed to being a witch, before dousing her with kerosene and setting her on fire.

She died from her injuries the following day.

According to reports, the suspects say that they poured anointing oil on the woman which caught fire as they were trying to drive out an evil spirit.

Our correspondent says newspaper pictures showing the woman's injuries have caused revulsion in Ghana, and the incident has been condemned by human rights and women's activists.

Our correspondent says there have been other cases of violence against women accused of being witches, and a government-backed commission has urged religious and civil society groups to help tackle the problem.

More on This Story

https://www.google.com.ng/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CDIQFjAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bbc.co.uk%2Fnews%2Fworld-africa-11848536&ei=XqwaVLCfJurLsATIp4DYDw&usg=AFQjCNF1jevq8HgquNKVPpI6GTzDONiChg&sig2=V-05fBEOKlmEge3IIQv1Sg&bvm=bv.75097201,d.cWc

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Cuts Gas Supply To Ghana Over Strike by lezz(m): 11:29am On Sep 18, 2014
OXYGENO1: overpopulated rather.
i'd pick up my elementary economics text book if i were you.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Cuts Gas Supply To Ghana Over Strike by diablos: 11:33am On Sep 18, 2014
mrham03: hey stop that crap. We all know Ghana is a hell hole

Sure...Sh.it-gayna must be a hell-hole. How is dat oven baking SHit-country of urs? Sure sucks to be a SH.it-gaynain

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Cuts Gas Supply To Ghana Over Strike by lezz(m): 11:38am On Sep 18, 2014
OXYGENO1: I blame Ghana for doing business with an incompetent country like nigeria.They can't even give light to their own citizens yet they call themselves oil producing country.
or maybe we just have to Ukraine ghana, right?

C'mon, you should be on your knees offering praise and supplications, you know we offer our gas to you on a pittance.

Our big brother gene is like a magnet towards our less endowed neighbours. What can we do? we rather carry the burden of our little brother...lol even though you're two years older than us and didn't have the inherent complexities and difficulties large countries like ours do.

Don't diss Nigeria, please, if you learnt anything at school, you will know WE ARE YOUR HOPE OF TOMORROW.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Cuts Gas Supply To Ghana Over Strike by iamord(m): 11:40am On Sep 18, 2014
bakynes:
My friend Nigeria created the Ecowas body. All you other west African countries benefit from us tell me what we benefit from Ghana? I do not hate Ghana but when you hate a country that has always been there for you since time memorial then you leave me no choice than to hate on Ghana as well.

Your talk shows that you have little or no knowledge about the happenings in the region, always taking what your local brain washing media houses tell you. Instead of moving out to see the clear picture, how do you mean Nigeria created ecowas body The lagos treaty that was signed to bring about the ecowas body was a brainchild of the likes of kwame nkrumah, zik lumbuma and co.. Yet you don't hear the other parties making noise.. Where from all this immature one man show. If you feel you have done a lot and you are not being paid back the way you expect. Why don't you leave the body. At the moment nigerias short fall in gas supply of which countries pay for is hampering trade and development and helping to close up industries. I think you are already doing enough. Despite EU tensions, russia is still delivering gas to european countries because they understand what a contract entails. You leaders bring in their nonchalant behavior to the international board room and expect a high five.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Cuts Gas Supply To Ghana Over Strike by diablos: 11:40am On Sep 18, 2014
[size=15pt]Flying 'wizard' crash-lands[/size] grin

A man believed to be in his 70s, who claimed to be a wizard, was on Wednesday found on the banks of the Okrudu River at Kaimebre, a settlement near the Kasoa New Market in the Central Region.

The man, who gave his name as Charles Atta, looked frail, pale and bore protruding breasts like that of a teenage girl.

His body was smeared with mud from the bank of the river where he was found by two brothers, Liberty Obeng and Innocent Obeng, who claimed they found the strange man crying for help.

The two brothers told Daily Guide reporters that the self-acclaimed wizard confessed to them that he was in the company of colleagues, including a medical doctor and were flying to Cape Coast for a meeting when he was forced down.

According to him, they were flying over a church where an all-night vigil was being held when he crash- landed at Servant Kings International School.

"When we as ked him where he was coming from, Atta told us that he was from Akuapem Akropong but was flying to Cape Coast to attend a meeting for witches and wizards," he said.

Charles also confessed that the two puffy protrusions on his chest were breasts taken from his 16-year- old granddaughter and that he normally borrowed them for his night activities.

The two brothers said they were initially confused and bewildered by the weird sight of the man, and not knowing what to do him took him to Pink FM, a local radio station at Kasoa for help.

When the strange announcement was made on radio, hundreds of people besieged the premises of the radio station to see the suspected wizard.

Upon hearing the news, the Kasoa District Police dispatched a number of police personnel to the station to save the victim from being lynched.

Superintendent Samuel Tabril Punobyin told the paper that the police did not investigate spiritual matters and that the suspected wiz-ard could therefore not be charged.

He said the police would look for the family erf the man and hand him over to them. Charles Atta is still in the custody .of the Kasoa Police.

https://www.google.com.ng/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=5&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CD4QFjAE&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ghanaweb.com%2FGhanaHomePage%2Fregional%2Fartikel.php%3FID%3D293497&ei=urUaVNXfJdW1sQTx6oLIDw&usg=AFQjCNGCzbB16KXb62RO2-GBGWENxNqGcg&sig2=hRYl5Ucop34583MWtQo4yQ&bvm=bv.75558745,d.cWc

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Cuts Gas Supply To Ghana Over Strike by buzzmania(m): 11:40am On Sep 18, 2014
Kasynpaulsyn1997: bloody goat! I just sewed a clothe with the ghana cedis and used the pesewa as the button of my clothe! Thats how worthless ghana curency has become...... Worthless ghanaian
And i just finished wiping my assshole with naira notes.Guess which of them is more useless.Kwasia kwa

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Cuts Gas Supply To Ghana Over Strike by mrham03(m): 11:42am On Sep 18, 2014
diablos:

Sure...boko-geria must be a hell-hole. How is dat oven baking SHit-country of urs? Sure sucks to be a boko-gerian.
take heart my friend. Leave that hell-hole and seek asylum in ghana. We will help u.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Cuts Gas Supply To Ghana Over Strike by iamord(m): 11:45am On Sep 18, 2014
diablos: WITCHRAFT IN GHANA

Shock in Ghana over gruesome death of 'witch'
map Continue reading the main story
Related Stories

'Ritual killing' rescue in Ghana
Is witchcraft alive in Africa?
There has been widespread shock in Ghana over the death of a 72-year-old woman accused of being a witch.

The woman, who lived in the port city of Tema, near Accra, was allegedly set on fire by a group of five adults, one of whom is believed to be a pastor.

The suspects say her death was an accident, and deny committing any crime.

The BBC's David Amanor in Accra says belief in witches is common among both educated and uneducated Ghanaians.

Three women and two men have been arrested, aged between 37 and 55.

Police say the suspects tortured the woman, Ama Hemmah, until she confessed to being a witch, before dousing her with kerosene and setting her on fire.

She died from her injuries the following day.

According to reports, the suspects say that they poured anointing oil on the woman which caught fire as they were trying to drive out an evil spirit.

Our correspondent says newspaper pictures showing the woman's injuries have caused revulsion in Ghana, and the incident has been condemned by human rights and women's activists.

Our correspondent says there have been other cases of violence against women accused of being witches, and a government-backed commission has urged religious and civil society groups to help tackle the problem.

More on This Story

https://www.google.com.ng/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CDIQFjAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bbc.co.uk%2Fnews%2Fworld-africa-11848536&ei=XqwaVLCfJurLsATIp4DYDw&usg=AFQjCNF1jevq8HgquNKVPpI6GTzDONiChg&sig2=V-05fBEOKlmEge3IIQv1Sg&bvm=bv.75097201,d.cWc

Before you post such you look into your backyard to ensure you have no explicit. The mere fact that I will not post similar issues going on in nigeria does not mean they are not there.. So u watch it

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Cuts Gas Supply To Ghana Over Strike by lezz(m): 11:46am On Sep 18, 2014
Vessi:
Talk to the hands.
man , you just showed her class and style while she ranted like a low life, swamp rat.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Cuts Gas Supply To Ghana Over Strike by mrham03(m): 11:48am On Sep 18, 2014
jiggaman gh,petrodollar4, your service is needed here. Please

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Cuts Gas Supply To Ghana Over Strike by diablos: 11:54am On Sep 18, 2014
[size=15pt]Life in Sodom and Gomorrah: the world's largest digital dump
Photographer Asare Adjei captures the lives of locals in Accra's slum city, where 50m tonnes of e-waste is dumped each year
[/size]

[size=13pt]Sodom and Gomorrah[/size]

Agbogbloshie's residents live off digital waste that they salvage and sell, but hope for better jobs. Photograph: Asare Adjei
No one knows when Agbogbloshie began. The slum city in south Ghana didn’t exist when the capital of the Gold Coast was moved from Cape Coast to Accra. It’s likely the settlement started when traders began transforming shop kiosks into makeshift homes, and soon a population of Ghanaians on low incomes established a sprawling the slum, which in known to many by its nickname, Sodom and Gomorrah.

Sodom and Gomorrah has also become known as one of the world's digital dumping grounds, where millions of electronic waste products from the west are legally and illegally processed each year. When old computers first began arriving in west Africa, Ghanaians thought they were sent to help bridge the digital divide, as exporters exploited loopholes by labelling junk computers 'donations'. But slowly tonnes of e-waste piled up on this once green area, and transformed it into a global graveyard for electronic equipment.

Each day, workers clear the area through intense heat radiating from burning computers, iPods, radios and televisions. Acrid, black smoke drifts over the huts of the slum wasteland. The nearby Korle-Bu Riveris now black and thick like used oil, as it carries empty computer cases toward the ocean. Fires blaze and consume the plastic material from cables, plugs and motherboards, leaving only metal behind. This is then collected and sold by the locals.

Approximately 50,000 low-income inhabitants have settled into Sodom and Gomorrah, from across Ghana. Many of the villagers find themselves trapped in the vicious cycle of poverty, where the old and young toil side by side. Many barely make enough money from a day's work to cover a basic meal. Often the choice facing them is between paying for accommodation or food.

Women and children cook circuit boards to salvage the computer chips, which have trace amounts of gold. Motherboards and other circuitry are cooked each day, mostly by the women, who breathe in the poisonous fumes.

Some of the young children burn old foam on top of computers to melt away the plastic, leaving behind scraps of copper and iron that they collect to sell. Some of these children travelled to Accra by themselves, hoping to earn money to help their families in the villages. Many of them are orphans or have been abandoned. Exposure is hazardous to children, as these toxins inhibit the development of the brain, nervous system and reproductive system.

There are no permanent structures in Sodom and Gomorrah, and no planning permission is required to put up temporary structures, often made of wood or paper. In 2013, fire devastated the area and many inhabitants were killed. There are no water or sewerage systems in the area.

The UN estimates that up to 50m tonnes of e-waste is thrown away globally each year. It costs a lot more to properly dispose of an old computer monitor in Germany than it does to send it on a container ship to Ghana. An international treaty called the Basel convention came into effect in 1989, forbidding developed nations from carrying out unauthorised dumping of e-waste in less developed countries. However, each month cargo containers still arrive in Agbogbloshie, often illegally, from countries all over the world.

I spoke to local people in Sodom and Gomorrah about their aspirations. Many of the children dream of becoming footballers, in spite of their ill health. Many of the adults hope to find steady employment in other fields such as taxi driving or cooking.

Of the people I spoke with, virtually all of them dreamed of escaping their surroundings to the western world, settling into life there and one day owning the same computers that they process every day in Sodom and Gomorrah.

SH.IT-Gayna worse than Sodom and Gomorrah undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Cuts Gas Supply To Ghana Over Strike by lezz(m): 11:55am On Sep 18, 2014
customized13: miss, you are the retard here, all your assertions are from the hateful part of you. Quote me and lemme murder ghana grin
i'm with you, man. It's about time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Cuts Gas Supply To Ghana Over Strike by iamord(m): 11:56am On Sep 18, 2014
Vessi:
Hey don't be fast.

Dreyl, iconize I think you guys should lay down your e-weapons. Ghanians must be laughing out loud, looking at us fighting one another, when we should be united.
It's getting out of hand already. The opponent here are Ghanaians, not a fellow countryman.
United we stand, divided we fall.
smileysmileysmiley

Lol! U call this a fight.. Then u have time

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Cuts Gas Supply To Ghana Over Strike by lezz(m): 11:57am On Sep 18, 2014
Wale112: By next month Ghana will stop buying gas from Nigeria. Their gas plant are ready.

Only Ghana can save WEST AFRICA
Ghana isn't even at the level of Gambia. If ghana can save west africa, sudan can save the planet...hehehehehehe.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Cuts Gas Supply To Ghana Over Strike by diablos: 11:58am On Sep 18, 2014
iamord:

Before you post such you look into our backyard to ensure we have no explicit. The mere fact that I will not post similar issues going on in SH.IT-GHANA does not mean they are not there.. So i will watch it

Sharaaap!!! anyway ur stu.pidity has been fixed undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Cuts Gas Supply To Ghana Over Strike by ugotex85: 11:59am On Sep 18, 2014
What does Nigeria stand to gain in this contractual agreement, or are we just Father Christmas?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Cuts Gas Supply To Ghana Over Strike by iamord(m): 11:59am On Sep 18, 2014
mrham03: jiggaman gh,petrodollar4, your service is needed here. Please

There is something u need to know.. u have nothing to prove to these cats..cos their perception about ghana has been negative from the onset. Let's develop our country and let the work of our hands speak! We have done it before.. Doing it again is a sure thing

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Cuts Gas Supply To Ghana Over Strike by iamord(m): 12:03pm On Sep 18, 2014
diablos:

Sharaaap!!! anyway ur stu.pidity has been fixed undecided
Olodo! Smh @ ur life

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Cuts Gas Supply To Ghana Over Strike by mrham03(m): 12:04pm On Sep 18, 2014
diablos: [size=15pt]Life in Sodom and Gomorrah: the world's largest digital dump
Photographer Asare Adjei captures the lives of locals in Accra's slum city, where 50m tonnes of e-waste is dumped each year
[/size]

[size=13pt]Sodom and Gomorrah[/size]

Agbogbloshie's residents live off digital waste that they salvage and sell, but hope for better jobs. Photograph: Asare Adjei
No one knows when Agbogbloshie began. The slum city in south Ghana didn’t exist when the capital of the Gold Coast was moved from Cape Coast to Accra. It’s likely the settlement started when traders began transforming shop kiosks into makeshift homes, and soon a population of Ghanaians on low incomes established a sprawling the slum, which in known to many by its nickname, Sodom and Gomorrah.

Sodom and Gomorrah has also become known as one of the world's digital dumping grounds, where millions of electronic waste products from the west are legally and illegally processed each year. When old computers first began arriving in west Africa, Ghanaians thought they were sent to help bridge the digital divide, as exporters exploited loopholes by labelling junk computers 'donations'. But slowly tonnes of e-waste piled up on this once green area, and transformed it into a global graveyard for electronic equipment.

Each day, workers clear the area through intense heat radiating from burning computers, iPods, radios and televisions. Acrid, black smoke drifts over the huts of the slum wasteland. The nearby Korle-Bu Riveris now black and thick like used oil, as it carries empty computer cases toward the ocean. Fires blaze and consume the plastic material from cables, plugs and motherboards, leaving only metal behind. This is then collected and sold by the locals.

Approximately 50,000 low-income inhabitants have settled into Sodom and Gomorrah, from across Ghana. Many of the villagers find themselves trapped in the vicious cycle of poverty, where the old and young toil side by side. Many barely make enough money from a day's work to cover a basic meal. Often the choice facing them is between paying for accommodation or food.

Women and children cook circuit boards to salvage the computer chips, which have trace amounts of gold. Motherboards and other circuitry are cooked each day, mostly by the women, who breathe in the poisonous fumes.

Some of the young children burn old foam on top of computers to melt away the plastic, leaving behind scraps of copper and iron that they collect to sell. Some of these children travelled to Accra by themselves, hoping to earn money to help their families in the villages. Many of them are orphans or have been abandoned. Exposure is hazardous to children, as these toxins inhibit the development of the brain, nervous system and reproductive system.

There are no permanent structures in Sodom and Gomorrah, and no planning permission is required to put up temporary structures, often made of wood or paper. In 2013, fire devastated the area and many inhabitants were killed. There are no water or sewerage systems in the area.

The UN estimates that up to 50m tonnes of e-waste is thrown away globally each year. It costs a lot more to properly dispose of an old computer monitor in Germany than it does to send it on a container ship to Ghana. An international treaty called the Basel convention came into effect in 1989, forbidding developed nations from carrying out unauthorised dumping of e-waste in less developed countries. However, each month cargo containers still arrive in Agbogbloshie, often illegally, from countries all over the world.

I spoke to local people in Sodom and Gomorrah about their aspirations. Many of the children dream of becoming footballers, in spite of their ill health. Many of the adults hope to find steady employment in other fields such as taxi driving or cooking.

Of the people I spoke with, virtually all of them dreamed of escaping their surroundings to the western world, settling into life there and one day owning the same computers that they process every day in Sodom and Gomorrah.

SH.IT-Gayna worse than Sodom and Gomorrah undecided
is that not MAKOKO?
Re: Nigeria Cuts Gas Supply To Ghana Over Strike by Nobody: 12:04pm On Sep 18, 2014
lezz: Ghana isn't even at the level of Gambia. If ghana can save west africa, sudan can save the planet...hehehehehehe.
lolzzz, if ghana can save west africa then haiti can save north america grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Cuts Gas Supply To Ghana Over Strike by Nobody: 12:06pm On Sep 18, 2014
ugotex85: What does Nigeria stand to gain in this contractual agreement, or are we just Father Christmas?
try to help beggars when you can, ghana begs every nation of the world. Even UN and IMF are scared of them now as a result of their begging attitude grin

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Cuts Gas Supply To Ghana Over Strike by Flexysweet(m): 12:07pm On Sep 18, 2014
customized13: we don't rejoice seeing our younger brother (ghana) suffer and die. You keep making ghana look like a sh1t in our sight with each comment you make. We see ghana like one kingdom in the stone age.
u are sooo wicked, grin grin grin grin grin grin where wer u born self? grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Cuts Gas Supply To Ghana Over Strike by mrham03(m): 12:07pm On Sep 18, 2014
iamord:

There is something u need to know.. u have nothing to prove to these cats..cos their perception about ghana has been negative from the onset. Let's develop our country and let the work of our hands speak! We have done it before.. Doing it again is a sure thing
thats very true. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Cuts Gas Supply To Ghana Over Strike by diablos: 12:08pm On Sep 18, 2014
EVEN THIS SH.IT-FACE HAS SOME SH.IT TO SAY ABOUT SH.IT-GAYNAINS grin

[size=13pt]MINORITY LEADER WARNS ACCRA COULD SOON BECOME A LARGE SLUM[/size]

The Minority Leader in Parliament, Osei Kyei-Mensah-Bonsu is warning Accra could become a large slum if government refuses to play an active role in land use.

He said government must take bold decisions and demolish all unapproved structures in the capital to bring sanity in the planning of the city.

Mr. Osei-Kyei-Mensah, who is a planner by profession, made the call in an interview with Joy News on the sidelines of a news conference called by his side on the cholera outbreak which has so far claimed over 100 lives.

He lamented that, “We are not enforcing regulations and then when people have been allowed to build up to habitation level, we go out there to demolish the structures. I do not encourage demolitions but we should also respect rules and we should respect planning regulations.”

“Sometimes I’m tempted to go perhaps the tough way and I will think that if government does not critically involve itself in land use, Accra for instance, may become a very big village 20 years, 30 years from now if land use is not properly controlled,” the Minority Leader warned.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Cuts Gas Supply To Ghana Over Strike by MadCow1: 12:09pm On Sep 18, 2014
mrham03: like seriously i dont really understand nigeria at all. U have oil, gas. Just building of thermal plants to provide electricity for your citizens too is a problem

Understand Ghanaians first.. Your country is the size of 2 Nigerian States, you have Gold, Manganese and Oil.. Plant Cocoa and more yet your Economy is so Horrendously poor you have redonominated your currency 2 times and the Value remains as shiity as it always have been if not 3 times worse.. Your economy has gotten so bad in the past that Ghanaians had to seek refuge elsewhere.. And Ghanaians have also been kicked out enmass as refugees from neighbouring countries that previously harboured them.

Your entire country can only boast of Accra as a Mordern city and still Accra falls way below par becasue as soon as you leave Osu and Circle areas of Accra, the rest of it is a slum.

Nigeria's Electricity problem was the Military who didnt invest in Power for over 35years.. In the Last ten years, Nigeria has invested more in power than it has ever done in its history as a nation.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (23) (Reply)

CBN Reversed Itself On Old Notes But Accused Media Of Fake News - Daily Trust / When The Coffin Seller Says 'There Is No Market', What Does He Probably Mean? / Why Oil Prices Are Crashing And What It Means

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.