Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,464 members, 7,954,817 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:03 AM

Nigeria Cuts Gas Supply To Ghana Over Strike - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigeria Cuts Gas Supply To Ghana Over Strike (40384 Views)

IMF Cuts Nigeria Growth Forecast Yet Again / CBN Cuts Bdcs’ Dollar Sales To $10,000 / Power Supply To Increase By 600MW This Month - FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Cuts Gas Supply To Ghana Over Strike by 360command: 9:27am On Sep 18, 2014
Vessi:
If we were not being our brother's keeper perhaps we could have used up all those gases to generate sufficient electricity for our own people.
I think you should rather blame your own government for accepting aid from an unstable, incompetent or unpredictable neighbour.
please write with sense. Nobody is begging you to be ones brothers keeper. You pride yourself as been big but you cannot generate your own electricity.
Re: Nigeria Cuts Gas Supply To Ghana Over Strike by Nobody: 9:33am On Sep 18, 2014
360command: please write with sense. Nobody is begging you to be ones brothers keeper. You pride yourself as been big but you cannot generate your own electricity.
360Command. Nigeria is being diplomatic to fellow West Africans by placing them above the ulterior purpose of satisfying Nigerians first.
Aren't you more foolish than before? Not to understand that?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Cuts Gas Supply To Ghana Over Strike by RoyalPearl(f): 9:47am On Sep 18, 2014
iconize:

You're a m_oron!

I made my first million in gayna with $200.
that means going by the exchange rate from cedi to naira you are a billionaire in Naija. Congratulations tongue

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Cuts Gas Supply To Ghana Over Strike by 360command: 9:48am On Sep 18, 2014
OXYGENO1: Hahahaha if you know how useless your naira is u wouldn't be talking trash here.Ghs1 =51naira.Even toilet papers are more valuable than the naira.
OXYGEN01,You must be an ashanti man,I can see the hand writing on the wall. you should know better than this. Ghs1 you mentioned is equal to 10000GHc, the value is the same.in essence,you are meant to write 10000 GHc= 51 naira. Please, you can talk about anything,but never come here to write that your currency has value than the Naira(this is a big insult to me and to my country Nigeria). Zimbabwe has the worst currency in the world,they have re-denominated it just like Ghana did hers as well, would you then say 1 zim dollar is valuable than the cedi or naira ? Certainly not. Please,I know you went to school. Act and write like a literate.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Cuts Gas Supply To Ghana Over Strike by bakynes(m): 9:48am On Sep 18, 2014
Vessi:
360Command. Nigeria is being diplomatic to fellow West Africans by placing them above the ulterior purpose of satisfying Nigerians first.
Aren't you more foolish than before? Not to understand that?
I know we supply electricity to Benin and Togo coz a church member is a top former PHCN official and people from Benin and Togo usually call him to complain they should have turned on the power switch for them. The truth is our government needs to stop supply of gas to Ghana and other west African countries at subsidized rate and satisfy us first before our neighbors. Let them go and fend for themselves it's high time we stop these supplies to our ungrateful kid sister called Ghana.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Cuts Gas Supply To Ghana Over Strike by Nobody: 9:53am On Sep 18, 2014
Dreyl: smh,and you are too daft to know that's a slang huh?
Now zoom off!!!

That's slang*

No 'a'.

And no, it's not slang. It's you being stúpid.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Cuts Gas Supply To Ghana Over Strike by Nobody: 9:53am On Sep 18, 2014
bakynes:
I know we supply electricity to Benin and Togo coz a church member is a top former PHCN official and people from Benin and Togo usually call him to complain they should have turned on the power switch for them. The truth is our government needs to stop supply of gas to Ghana and other west African countries at subsidized rate and satisfy us first before our neighbors. Let them go and fend for themselves it's high time we stop these supplies to our ungrateful kid sister called Ghana.
My bro, this was all started by OBJ and the military Presidents in their bid to unite Africa and play a brotherly role.
I stand to believe the country with the exclusive right to that are countries self-sufficient. Country her citizen lacks nothing. But, in Nigeria we help other countries with just the same thing we need.
Talk about a baker giving out breads to starving families when his family is starving.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Cuts Gas Supply To Ghana Over Strike by iamord(m): 9:53am On Sep 18, 2014
cirmuell: Ghana should not rely on Nigeria for gas to avoid disappointment like this.

The gas plant will be ready by Q4 of the year. And will be able to supply the countries needs as well as for export. Also the government is working in hand with companies and institutions to bring in alternative power sources ..so Its a temporary hitch .. For me the west africa gas project was a total waste. It would have been used for something more productive. there is nothing to be proud of as a Nigerian on this news, I know that a vessel damaged the pipe along the togo coast . But even at that nigeria has never lived up to the contract, something that is being paid for. It also affects togo and benin rep cos ghana supplies them electricity. There is need for maturity and wide decision if the sub region is to move under the ecowas body

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Cuts Gas Supply To Ghana Over Strike by iconize(m): 9:54am On Sep 18, 2014
RoyalPearl: that means going by the exchange rate from cedi to naira you are a billionaire in Naija. Congratulations tongue

Let's not forget 1cedi is 1,000cedis.

Chic, I went to Ghana with $200 and when I exchanged it for cedis, I had a ghana must go bag full of money.

I'll marry your sister with $20 and buy you a car with $10.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Cuts Gas Supply To Ghana Over Strike by jampro123(m): 9:54am On Sep 18, 2014
All of you coming here to abuse Ghana, let me tell you guys something. By 2016 Ghana will start using their own gas courtesy of ENI then I will see where Nigeria will sell their gas. Lets stop this Ghana hate thing it really annoys me. Ghana and Nigeria are one let see how to help each other not bash each other.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Cuts Gas Supply To Ghana Over Strike by Nobody: 9:54am On Sep 18, 2014
customized13: fvcking supercilious illiteracy infested US citizen, What the hell is "illiterate posts". Pervert.

Don't you dare blame your stúpidity and illiteracy on Nigeria. The most brilliant people I know were born and raised in Nigeria, and live there. This excuse for written English is ALL YOU.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Cuts Gas Supply To Ghana Over Strike by Nobody: 9:55am On Sep 18, 2014
MissMeiya:

That's slang*

No 'a'.
I feel people correct grammar when they've got nothing else to argue out in a stiff argument cheesy

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria Cuts Gas Supply To Ghana Over Strike by Nobody: 9:56am On Sep 18, 2014
Vessi:
I feel people correct grammar when they've got nothing else to argue out in a stiff argument cheesy

Please, Vessi. Show me his "stiff argument."

Dreyl: smh,and you are too daft to know that's a slang huh?
Now zoom off!!!

Should I quote the other ones too? The one about ejáculate and bìtches and the like?
Re: Nigeria Cuts Gas Supply To Ghana Over Strike by Nobody: 9:57am On Sep 18, 2014
MissMeiya:

I don't blame you. You have nothing doing. But in all your boredom, how did you forget that you quoted me? I've seen your illiterate posts here and there, but did I ever quote you? No. And yet, here you are, in my virtual face. Get a hobby. Pick up a book. There are better ways to amuse yourself than picking fights with strangers on the internet (who wouldn't remember your name if they were asked) and losing.

Embarrassed for you. You can quote me again if you like, but I won't reply. I have to get ready for school.
are u a lecturer or a student? Cos u've been bragging of hw much u've done 4 nigeria in ''ur our lil ways.''
Re: Nigeria Cuts Gas Supply To Ghana Over Strike by iamord(m): 9:58am On Sep 18, 2014
bakynes:

Did u bother to take some time to research if nigeria gives light to togo and benin?
Re: Nigeria Cuts Gas Supply To Ghana Over Strike by Nobody: 9:58am On Sep 18, 2014
MissMeiya:

Please, Vessi. Show me his "stiff argument."

Should I quote the other ones too? The one about ejaculate and bìtches and the like?
hahahahahahasmileysmileysmileysmiley

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Cuts Gas Supply To Ghana Over Strike by Nobody: 9:59am On Sep 18, 2014
bigwind: are u a lecturer or a student? Cos u've been bragging of hw much u've done 4 nigeria in ''ur our lil ways.''

Omg. That post was right about the quality of Nairaland.

Because the Nigerians I know in real life don't get offended by correct English.

Why does what I said bother you?
Re: Nigeria Cuts Gas Supply To Ghana Over Strike by OXYGENO1: 10:02am On Sep 18, 2014
360command: OXYGEN01,You must be an ashanti man,I can see the hand writing on the wall. you should know better than this. Ghs1 you mentioned is equal to 10000GHc, the value is the same.in essence,you are meant to write 10000 GHc= 51 naira. Please, you can talk about anything,but never come here to write that your currency has value than the Naira(this is a big insult to me and to my country Nigeria). Zimbabwe has the worst currency in the world,they have re-denominated it just like Ghana did hers as well, would you then say 1 zim dollar is valuable than the cedi or naira ? Certainly not. Please,I know you went to school. Act and write like a literate.
You are a fuckin ignorant. Where did u hear or see Ghc1 = Ghc10000.? You people are sooo foolish, and its really amazing. You don't know a sh*t about Ghana but you are trying hard to prove otherwise. Don't you say that's making u a fool?
Re: Nigeria Cuts Gas Supply To Ghana Over Strike by 360command: 10:02am On Sep 18, 2014
bakynes:
I agree with you all who quoted me on this aspect but you need to understand that our govt has failed completely. We are in a globalised economy where the money in revenue is suppose to fix our power generation but we are not doing it. We just hope by doing this, we are fixing whatever problems we are having internally. Please stop giving that old rumours about we supplying electricity to togo and Benin. Ghana has taking over. You supply electricity and yet you don't have electricity, what kind of nonsense talk is that. Not quite long,Nigeria was asking congo to supply electricty to Nigeria and yet you are telling me you are supplying electricity to togo and benin--->which kine nonsense talk b dis.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Cuts Gas Supply To Ghana Over Strike by bakynes(m): 10:03am On Sep 18, 2014
iamord:

Did u bother to take some time to research if nigeria gives light to togo and benin?
Which other research should be done can't you read and comprehend.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Cuts Gas Supply To Ghana Over Strike by RoyalPearl(f): 10:03am On Sep 18, 2014
iconize:

Let's not forget 1cedi is 1,000cedis.

Chic, I went to Ghana with $200 and when I exchanged it for cedis, I had a ghana must go bag full of money.

I'll marry your sister with $50.
my dear. Google is free cry cry use it next time!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Cuts Gas Supply To Ghana Over Strike by iconize(m): 10:04am On Sep 18, 2014
RoyalPearl: my dear. Google is free cry cry use it next time!

Did you do economics in school?

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Cuts Gas Supply To Ghana Over Strike by Nobody: 10:04am On Sep 18, 2014
MissMeiya:

Omg. That post was right about the quality of Nairaland.

Because the Nigerians I know in real life don't get offended by correct English.

Why does what I said bother you?
kindly ignore this biatch, she's aim @ derailing this thread

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Cuts Gas Supply To Ghana Over Strike by 360command: 10:06am On Sep 18, 2014
iamord:

help me tell that guy again and again.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Cuts Gas Supply To Ghana Over Strike by iconize(m): 10:07am On Sep 18, 2014
Pearl, 1cedi is equal to 10,000cedis.

Meaning that 10,000cedis is N50 or N51 in Nigeria.

With 10,000cedis(1cedi) in Nigeria you can only buy toothpick, I guess.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Cuts Gas Supply To Ghana Over Strike by Nobody: 10:07am On Sep 18, 2014
customized13: kindly ignore this biatch, she's aim @ derailing this thread

Is that why you quoted me? You are confused.

Derailing the thread, how laughable. Carry on with the Ghana vs. Nigeria bickering. That's totally what the OP is about.
Re: Nigeria Cuts Gas Supply To Ghana Over Strike by jibsai(m): 10:07am On Sep 18, 2014
I just followed u...kindly do same...
MissMeiya:
Re: Nigeria Cuts Gas Supply To Ghana Over Strike by RoyalPearl(f): 10:09am On Sep 18, 2014
iconize:

Did you do economics in school?
okay let me make it easier for you to understand undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Cuts Gas Supply To Ghana Over Strike by mrham03(m): 10:11am On Sep 18, 2014
iconize: Pearl, 1cedi is equal to 10,000cedis.

Meaning that 10,000cedis is N50 or N51 in Nigeria.

With 10,000cedis(1cedi) in Nigeria you can only buy toothpick, I guess.
Go to work! Oops, i forgot that u are an unemployed graduate living in the federal republic of boko-geria. Not to worry. Just come to ghana. I will find u a great job.
Re: Nigeria Cuts Gas Supply To Ghana Over Strike by bakynes(m): 10:13am On Sep 18, 2014
360command: I agree with you all who quoted me on this aspect but you need to understand that our govt has failed completely. We are in a globalised economy where the money in revenue is suppose to fix our power generation but we are not doing it. We just hope by doing this, we are fixing whatever problems we are having internally. Please stop giving that old rumours about we supplying electricity to togo and Benin. Ghana has taking over. You supply electricity and yet you don't have electricity, what kind of nonsense talk is that. Not quite long,Nigeria was asking congo to supply electricty to Nigeria and yet you are telling me you are supplying electricity to togo and benin--->which kine nonsense talk b dis.
This is where u don't understand the Nigerian govt they prefer to sell power to others to make money to steal than give electricity to their own people. An official of General Electric said Nigeria can meet its power demands if it fully utilizes its natural gas. Besides Electricity has improved in Nigeria so what are we talking about.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Cuts Gas Supply To Ghana Over Strike by iconize(m): 10:13am On Sep 18, 2014
mrham03: Go to work! Oops, i forgot that u are an unemployed graduate living in the federal republic of boko-geria. Not to come to ghana. I will find u a great job.

Another gaynaian gaylord! grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria Cuts Gas Supply To Ghana Over Strike by Joshcoli(m): 10:13am On Sep 18, 2014
iamord:

The gas plant will be ready by Q4 of the year. And will be able to supply the countries needs as well as for export. Also the government is working in hand with companies and institutions to bring in alternative power sources ..so Its a temporary hitch .. For me the west africa gas project was a total waste. It would have been used for something more productive. there is nothing to be proud of as a Nigerian on this news, I know that a vessel damaged the pipe along the togo coast . But even at that nigeria has never lived up to the contract, something that is being paid for. It also affects togo and benin rep cos ghana supplies them electricity. There is need for maturity and wide decision if the sub region is to move under the ecowas body

this is a ghanian with sense...
Good way of reasoning and laying your points without insults
please call that oxygen bla bla bla to order

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

15 Biggest Employers In The World. / Tony Elumelu Celebrates Christmas With Family (photos) / Man Tries To Commit Suicide In Banking Hall After Fraudsters Withdrew His Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.