Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,913 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:05 PM

Nigeria Cuts Gas Supply To Ghana Over Strike - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigeria Cuts Gas Supply To Ghana Over Strike (39937 Views)

IMF Cuts Nigeria Growth Forecast Yet Again / CBN Cuts Bdcs’ Dollar Sales To $10,000 / Power Supply To Increase By 600MW This Month - FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Cuts Gas Supply To Ghana Over Strike by Kx: 7:34am On Sep 18, 2014
Re: Nigeria Cuts Gas Supply To Ghana Over Strike by Nobody: 7:34am On Sep 18, 2014
MissMeiya:

Why are you rétarded? Read my post or don't quote me
Am I talking to a wall?
You are saying Nigeria is too unstable to invest in.
And I'm saying your post, and the unstability are not preventing investors from dipping their investments into our economy.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Cuts Gas Supply To Ghana Over Strike by OXYGENO1: 7:34am On Sep 18, 2014
blesszzy:

Mr man, u nor dey ever tire.. U are always attacking pple who goes against ur opinion...everybody has d right to his or her opinion..u either respect it or counter it not by insulting that person...peace
What opinion did I attacked? He rather attacked ma comment n I replied appropriately.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Cuts Gas Supply To Ghana Over Strike by Nobody: 7:35am On Sep 18, 2014
Vessi:
You are saying Nigeria is too unstable to invest in.
And I'm saying your post, and the unstability are not preventing investors from dipping their investments into our economy.

You are still rétarded. Read it again. Slower. Because that's not what it says.

It's like talking to a child.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Cuts Gas Supply To Ghana Over Strike by Hemanwel(m): 7:36am On Sep 18, 2014
I know,
I expect,
I am sure,
that the same things that have been said in other Nig/Gha-bashing threads will be uttered on this thread too.
ONA NOR DEY TIRE??
Re: Nigeria Cuts Gas Supply To Ghana Over Strike by Nobody: 7:36am On Sep 18, 2014
OXYGENO1: I blame Ghana for doing business with an incompetent country with nigeria.They can't even give light to their own citizens yet they call themselves oil producing country.
If we were not being our brother's keeper perhaps we could have used up all those gases to generate sufficient electricity for our own people.
I think you should rather blame your own government for accepting aid from an unstable, incompetent or unpredictable neighbour.

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Cuts Gas Supply To Ghana Over Strike by Nobody: 7:37am On Sep 18, 2014
MissMeiya:

You are still rétarded. Read it again. Slower. Because that's not what it says.

It's like talking to a child.
Talk to the hands.

12 Likes

Re: Nigeria Cuts Gas Supply To Ghana Over Strike by Nobody: 7:38am On Sep 18, 2014
OXYGENO1: The generator sound disturbed you the whole night ryt?
bloody goat! I just sewed a clothe with the ghana cedis and used the pesewa as the button of my clothe! Thats how worthless ghana currency has become...... Worthless ghanaian

14 Likes

Re: Nigeria Cuts Gas Supply To Ghana Over Strike by Superstar007(m): 7:39am On Sep 18, 2014
Another. . My country is better than yours bashing thread.
Re: Nigeria Cuts Gas Supply To Ghana Over Strike by Nobody: 7:39am On Sep 18, 2014
Vessi:
Talk to the hands.

The expression is "talk to the hand". Singular.

Source: It's American.

While your hands are up in the air, I just kicked you in the balls.

*skips away*

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Cuts Gas Supply To Ghana Over Strike by safarigirl(f): 7:40am On Sep 18, 2014
OXYGENO1: That will done very soon.In that case nigerians will be inhaling their own gas.
that's what you've been saying the past 5 years. When will you do the needful and provide your own gas? People mock GEJ, but the Ghanaian leaders are far worse. Lazy leeches

10 Likes

Re: Nigeria Cuts Gas Supply To Ghana Over Strike by OXYGENO1: 7:41am On Sep 18, 2014
Vessi:
If we were not being our brother's keeper perhaps we could have used up all those gases to generate sufficient electricity for our own people.
I think you should rather blame your own government for accepting aid from an unstable, incompetent or unpredictable neighbour.
What do you mean by aid? Can u people even aid yourselves? Its strictly BUSINESS so stop being ignorant.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Cuts Gas Supply To Ghana Over Strike by Wale112(m): 7:42am On Sep 18, 2014
President John Dramani Mahama visits the natural gas processing plant in Atuabo, outside a village on Ghana's remote west coast.

Ghana will soon stop buying gas from you people. Bad business people.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Cuts Gas Supply To Ghana Over Strike by OXYGENO1: 7:43am On Sep 18, 2014
safarigirl: that's what you've been saying the past 5 years. When will you do the needful and provide your own gas? People mock GEJ, but the Ghanaian leaders are far worse. Lazy leeches
Don't worry Ghana will do the needful even if it takes 10yrs.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Cuts Gas Supply To Ghana Over Strike by Nobody: 7:43am On Sep 18, 2014
OXYGENO1: What do you mean by aid? Can u people even aid yourselves? Its strictly BUSINESS so stop being ignorant.
You are contradicting yourself Mr. Why do you engage in business with a country you believe is incompetent? Unstable? Unpredictable? Perhaps you had no choice? Or perhaps because we are indeed the giant of Africa?
Find answers...

12 Likes

Re: Nigeria Cuts Gas Supply To Ghana Over Strike by Nobody: 7:45am On Sep 18, 2014
MissMeiya:

The expression is "talk to the hand". Singular.

Source: It's American.

While your hands are up in the air, I just kicked you in the balls.

*skips away*
Hahaha I wear iron pants

8 Likes

Re: Nigeria Cuts Gas Supply To Ghana Over Strike by Nobody: 7:45am On Sep 18, 2014
Vessi:
Hahaha I wear iron pants

Sorry I called you rétarded. That was pretty funny.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Cuts Gas Supply To Ghana Over Strike by OXYGENO1: 7:46am On Sep 18, 2014
Kasynpaulsyn1997: bloody goat! I just sewed a clothe with the ghana cedis and used the pesewa as the button of my clothe! Thats how worthless ghana curency has become...... Worthless ghanaian
Hahahaha if you know how useless your naira is u wouldn't be talking trash here.Ghs1 =51naira.Even toilet papers are more valuable than the naira.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Cuts Gas Supply To Ghana Over Strike by Nobody: 7:47am On Sep 18, 2014
MissMeiya:

smiley wink
Re: Nigeria Cuts Gas Supply To Ghana Over Strike by OXYGENO1: 7:48am On Sep 18, 2014
Vessi:
You are contradicting yourself Mr. Why do you engage in business with a country you believe is incompetent? Unstable? Unpredictable? Perhaps you had no choice? Or perhaps because we are indeed the giant of Africa?
Find answers...
Initially Ghana had no choice but that isn't the case now.Very soon Ghana will be producing its own gas therefore will stop doing business with incompetent unstable nigerian government.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Cuts Gas Supply To Ghana Over Strike by Nobody: 7:50am On Sep 18, 2014
Kikikikikikiki, ghana will be crying now, ghana the nigerian slave. They can't do anything without nigeria. I heard some perverts saying nations don't like doing business with nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Cuts Gas Supply To Ghana Over Strike by Nobody: 7:51am On Sep 18, 2014
MissMeiya:

miss, you are the retard here, all your assertions are from the hateful part of you. Quote me and lemme murder ghana grin

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Cuts Gas Supply To Ghana Over Strike by Wale112(m): 7:52am On Sep 18, 2014
By next month Ghana will stop buying gas from Nigeria. Their gas plant are ready.

Only Ghana can save WEST AFRICA

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Cuts Gas Supply To Ghana Over Strike by iconize(m): 7:52am On Sep 18, 2014
OXYGENO1: [s]I blame Ghana for doing business with an incompetent country like nigeria.They can't even give light to their own citizens yet they call themselves oil producing country.[/s]
You're a pure mo_ron!

Gayna should be burnt down completely. A debt ridden nation that can't provide light for 25m peeps.

Power outage intensifies

Power generation and supply in Ghana has reduced by 270 megawatts due to the shutdown of Asogli Power Plant and the Mines Reserve Plant.

This has led to an emergency load management, as consumers of electricity are forced to sleep in the dark or lose power during the day without prior notice from the Electricity Company of Ghana (ECG).

The recent erratic power supply, according to the power providers, was also due to the reduction in the supply of gas from Nigeria, among other factors, to power thermal plants at Takoradi to complement power produced from the Akosombo Hydro-electric Dam.

As a result of this, ECG is expected to announce a timetable for a load-shedding exercise soon.

Speaking to a group of Ghanaian clergymen at Flagstaff House in Accra on Monday, President John Mahama said he had sent Energy Minister, Kofi Armah Buah, to Nigeria to meet the management of the West African Gas Pipeline Company over the shortfall in the supply of gas from Nigeria.

According to him, his administration was concerned about power supply in the country.

After enduring erratic power supply in 2013, consumers, who expected an improved power supply this year due to numerous assurances given by the President and the Energy Minister, have expressed disappointment in the authorities.

The Volta River Authority (VRA) Ghana Grid Company (GRIDCo) and ECG – producers, transmitters and distributors in the power sector respectively, have formally announced a “temporary load management” exercise beginning March 17 due to generation challenges.

According to Dr Charles Wereko-Brobbey, Chief Policy Analyst at the Ghana Institute of Policy Options (GIPPO), the instability in the country’s power sector could be attributed to the lack of will by government to execute adopted plans.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Cuts Gas Supply To Ghana Over Strike by Nobody: 7:52am On Sep 18, 2014
OXYGENO1: Hahahaha if you know how useless your naira is u wouldn't be talking trash here.Ghs1 =51naira.Even toilet papers are more valuable than the naira.
oh really? But i just sewed my clothe with the cedis and my tailor used pesewas as the buttons.
Here in nigeria 2000 ghana cedis=5 naira! Hehehehehehe

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Cuts Gas Supply To Ghana Over Strike by Nobody: 7:53am On Sep 18, 2014
OXYGENO1: Initially Ghana had no choice but that isn't the case now.Very soon Ghana will be producing its own gas therefore will stop doing business with incompetent unstable nigerian government.
Initially Ghana had no choice? Or you guys were clueless on how to generate your own electricity? You resorted to buying gas? Not just buying it, but purchasing it from your unstable neighbouring country? Mighty funny.
At the last line, you will keep repeating it for years. I think Nigeria would first use stable electricity before Ghana would be able to generate their own electricity.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Cuts Gas Supply To Ghana Over Strike by ChukwuCantDie: 7:53am On Sep 18, 2014
OXYGENO1: Initially Ghana had no choice but that isn't the case now.Very soon Ghana will be producing its own gas therefore will stop doing business with incompetent unstable nigerian government.
I thought you said Ghana is superior to Nigeria in every way possible? What happened?

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Cuts Gas Supply To Ghana Over Strike by iterator25: 7:54am On Sep 18, 2014
OXYGENO1: Hahahaha if you know how useless your naira is u wouldn't be talking trash here.Ghs1 =51naira.Even toilet papers are more valuable than the naira.
Japanese yen is 212 to the dollar you dimwit ... go study economics

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Cuts Gas Supply To Ghana Over Strike by Nobody: 7:54am On Sep 18, 2014
customized13: miss, you are the retard here, all your assertions are from the hateful part of you. Quote me and lemme murder ghana grin
LOL she is not Ghanaian.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Cuts Gas Supply To Ghana Over Strike by 9jagobetta: 7:54am On Sep 18, 2014
Abeg who dey do long term business with Nigeria in this jet age? even internally in our country things are not working, nothing is in order. we can not even use the gas to generate and maintain adequate power here in our country let alone making a reliable international source for others. can somebody tell me where the money we realise from these contracts with the neighbouring countries goes. may God save this land from woe and corrupt leaders. Shalom!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

N5m Goods From Cotonou Destroyed As Boat Capsized At Bonny Jetty In Rivers State / Childhood Photos Of Folorunsho Alakija, Africa's Richest Woman / Femi Otedola No Longer A Billionaire As Forte Oil Shares Fizzle - Forbes.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.