Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,864 members, 7,813,952 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:30 PM

A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! (40387 Views)

A Thread For 2016 Brides and Grooms To Be / Polygamy: Why Men Marry More Wives. / A Thread For Ladies Who Want To Get Married (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by ayinba1(f): 3:46pm On Sep 23, 2014
bellong:

What are you driving at?

It is not good to enforce the law or it should be expunged?

Neither. Make and enforce sensible laws that are compatible with Human (or Man) nature. smiley

Would you want the father of your kids to spend 21 years behind bars? For marrying another woman?
Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by bukatyne(f): 3:47pm On Sep 23, 2014
bellong:

What are you driving at?

It is not good to enforce the law or it should be expunged?

She seems to support polygamy

5 Likes

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by cococandy(f): 3:51pm On Sep 23, 2014
21 years behind bars or 21 years in another house.
Does it matter?
Fact is the moment another wife comes into the picture,he ceases to live in the same house with us. smiley smiley

He's allowed court ordered visits.

Yea and while making those laws,totally disregard how women feel about it.
They don't matter.
ayinba1:

Neither. Make and enforce sensible laws that are compatible with Human (or Man) nature. smiley

Would you want the father of your kids to spend 21 years behind bars? For marrying another woman?

5 Likes

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by bellong: 3:54pm On Sep 23, 2014
ayinba1:

If I were a woman, I wouldn't mind putting him behind bars if he can't obey the law he swore to keep...

Any man that thinks he can't stay with one wife should stay clear of the registry. Traditional marriage will cover his excesses.

Which law is incompatible with human nature? Monogamy? Then polyandry should be legalized. There shouldn't be a law for the male and another for female.

The law was designed for relative sanity in the society.

bukatyne:
She seems to support polygamy

Sure she does, it is her dillydallying I didn't understand... smiley

8 Likes

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by Truckpusher(m): 3:57pm On Sep 23, 2014
I wanna marry two women, same day, same time and sleep with both them same time whenever I want kiss

I actiually met two girls that wants to get marrried to one guy but the problem is they are lesbians cheesy

cococandy could you please make yourself available? undecided

Cococandy you're bad,I just spilled my wine allover my body just because I was trying to type trash here about you angry

Is this Karma? sad
Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by TV01(m): 3:58pm On Sep 23, 2014
ayinba1:

Well I hope she is reading this smiley

I won't allow it. I don't want her to get ideas. As much of a man that I am, I niether want nor need another wife grin!

TV

...if there is anything virtuous, anything beneficial, anything praiseworthy, anything endearing about polygamy, please share...

1 Like

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by ayinba1(f): 4:01pm On Sep 23, 2014
bellong:

If I were a woman, I wouldn't mind putting him behind bars if he can't obey the law he swore to keep...

Any man that thinks he can't stay with one wife should stay clear of the registry. Traditional marriage will cover his excesses.

Let us strive to continue this discourse in a mature manner. My people say if 2 siblings walk into a room, spend some time and come out laughing and giggling, they have been lying to each other behind closed doors. Saying I support or oppose polygamy is a minor here, I am only trying to make us all reason from another angle.

I was a first wife but my husband was married to his mother, so I basically started off in a polygamy (minus the intercourse part). It was miserable but I am still not one of those who wish to marry a man whose mother is already dead, I have sons too and I hope to live long enough to see my legitimate grandkids and daughters in law.
Sometimes as we grow older and see (hopefully learn) from life, our views begin to change.

It is not my wish to change your mind, but to open your eyes to see the other possible angles.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by cococandy(f): 4:03pm On Sep 23, 2014
You can't survive two of me. tongue

Well about the girls you met,that's the most sensible way it can work in REAL harmony.
Not some crying-in-secret-and-trying-to-make-it-work way.
The babes must really love themselves.

If you want to marry 2,pray to be that lucky guy they chose.

Truckpusher: I wanna marry two women, same day, same time and sleep with both them same time whenever I want kiss

I actiually met two girls that wants to get marrried to one guy but the problem is they are lesbians cheesy

cococandy could you please make yourself available? undecided

Cococandy you're bad,I just spilled my wine allover my body just because I was trying to type trash here about you angry

Is this Karma? sad
Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by adebisicutie: 4:04pm On Sep 23, 2014
The law is the law and anyone who chose to get married in the registry should abide by it and I wouldn't blame the wife if he end up in jail

3 Likes

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by crackhaus: 4:04pm On Sep 23, 2014
cococandy: 21 years behind bars or 21 years in another house.
Does it matter?
Fact is the moment another wife comes into the picture,he ceases to live in the same house with us. smiley smiley

He's allowed court ordered visits.

Yea and while making those laws,totally disregard how women feel about it.
They don't matter.
Such boldness...not in Nigeria though.

Thank your stars for western marriage laws.
Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by bukatyne(f): 4:05pm On Sep 23, 2014
ayinba1:

The 'father of your kids' line is so stale. The man should realize that I am also the mother of his kids

If the law says 21yrs, who am I to say no?

11 Likes

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by bellong: 4:07pm On Sep 23, 2014
ayinba1:

Let us strive to continue this discourse in a mature manner. My people say if 2 siblings walk into a room, spend some time and come out laughing and giggling, they have been lying to each other behind closed doors. Saying I support or oppose polygamy is a minor here, I am only trying to make us all reason from another angle.

I was a first wife but my husband was married to his mother, so I basically started off in a polygamy (minus the intercourse part). It was miserable but I am still not one of those who wish to marry a man whose mother is already dead, I have sons too and I hope to live long enough to see my legitimate grandkids and daughters in law.
Sometimes as we grow older and see (hopefully learn) from life, our views begin to change.

It is not my wish to change your mind, but to open your eyes to see the other possible angles.

You are saying something completely different. I wouldn't understand the "your husband is married to his mother part".. Everybody loves his/her mother irrespective of gender and that doesn't mean everybody is married to his/her mother.

I was born into a polygamous settings, I am not closed minded to whatever dynamics therein. If your polygamous is your husband being married to his mother, it is no polygamous.

My eyes is not closed to ideas.... I have an open mind especially on issues I have first hand experience.

And yes, the discussion is still matured....

5 Likes

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by adebisicutie: 4:08pm On Sep 23, 2014
crackhaus:

What do you mean by not in Nigeria, today a lot of women are breadwinners or at least contributing so yes if I own the house he will be kicked out and if we both own it then one person will have to buy the other out or we decide to sell and share the money an both parties will get new houses. It's no longer like the old days when the woman will be locked out with her Ghana must go bag grin

9 Likes

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by cococandy(f): 4:09pm On Sep 23, 2014
That was supposed to appeal to our emotions.
Like how would you let a man you love go to jail for marrying another woman.

So I thought
And I thought.
And I'm like

Hell yea gringringrin(evil grin)

If I'm not good enough for him and he has to go outside to bring in another woman/women to make up for my 'short comings'
While knowing he has faults too that I put up with and don't seek to get from other men.

Why should I care where he sleeps?

Out of our lives and alone with his new wife,kirikiri or washington state penitentiary.

All fine by moi.
bellong:

Which law is incompatible with human nature? Monogamy? Then polyandry should be legalized. There shouldn't be a law for the male and another for female.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by ayinba1(f): 4:11pm On Sep 23, 2014
bellong:

You are saying something completely different. I wouldn't understand the "your husband is married to his mother part".. Everybody loves his/her mother irrespective of gender and that doesn't mean everybody is married to his/her mother.

I was born into a polygamous settings, I am not closed minded to whatever dynamics therein. If your polygamous is your husband being married to his mother, it is no polygamous.

My eyes is not closed to ideas.... I have an open mind especially on issues I have first hand experience.

And yes, the discussion is still matured....

You have no idea.......

Your experience being born into a polygamous home may not be another person's, not close, not similar. You are right to oppose it and so is whomever supports it.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by ayinba1(f): 4:12pm On Sep 23, 2014
cococandy: That was supposed to appeal to our emotions.
Like how would you let a man you love go to jail for marrying another woman.

So I thought
And I thought.
And I'm like

Hell yea gringringrin(evil grin)

If I'm not good enough for him and he has to go outside to bring in another woman/women to make up for my 'short comings'
While knowing he has faults too that I put up with and don't seek to get from other men.

Why should I care where he sleeps?

Out of our lives and alone with his new wife,kirikiri or washington state penitentiary.

All fine by moi.

I feel you, totally smiley
Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by crackhaus: 4:13pm On Sep 23, 2014
adebisicutie:

What do you mean by not in Nigeria, today a lot of women are breadwinners or at least contributing so yes if I own the house he will be kicked out and if we both own it then one person will have to buy the other out or we decide to sell and share the money an both parties will get new houses. It's no longer like the old days when the woman will be locked out with her Ghana must go bag grin
Keep telling yourself this if it will make you feel better.. grin tongue

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by cococandy(f): 4:14pm On Sep 23, 2014
crackhaus:

Or thank his stars?
At least in the west,the law will take care of the situation.
But here if the law fails to,I'll take care of it myself.

It could be worse. cheesy

That's how much I detest that word polygamy.
Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by adebisicutie: 4:25pm On Sep 23, 2014
crackhaus:
Keep telling yourself this if it will make you feel better.. grin tongue

This is fact my dear, my sister recently threw her good for nothing man out

6 Likes

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by crackhaus: 4:27pm On Sep 23, 2014
cococandy:

Or thank his stars?
At least in the west,the law will take care of the situation.
But here if the law fails to,I'll take care of it myself.

It could be worse. cheesy

That's how much I detest that word polygamy.
No, you thank your stars.
He's the one that gets forced out of the house and only gets court appointed or supervised visits to his children...

Why exactly should he be thanking his stars as opposed to the Nigerian setting?
Oh you'll poison his meal or mess with his car brakes? grin
Yeah right, and I thought pretty chics like yourself don't fight or loose sleep over a cheating spouse tongue

You'll just jejely move on jor...are there no more men out there who are better looking and more refined to punish him with..

5 Likes

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by cococandy(f): 4:29pm On Sep 23, 2014
Now that's what ayam talking about cheesy
adebisicutie:

This is fact my dear, my sister recently threw her no good husband out of the house. She called the police, showed them her deed and that the house was in her name, packed the few things he bought inside the house like TV for him. When he came home the police asked him to go in for 10mins and pack his clothes and send a truck back for his gadgets and that was it. They walked him out of the house and he was never allowed to go back in. In Nigeria so yes it's no longer those days you'll throw a woman out at night except she dosen't contribute anything sha

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by crackhaus: 4:32pm On Sep 23, 2014
adebisicutie:

This is fact my dear, my sister recently threw her no good husband out of the house. She called the police, showed them her deed and that the house was in her name, packed the few things he bought inside the house like TV for him. When he came home the police asked him to go in for 10mins and pack his clothes and send a truck back for his gadgets and that was it. They walked him out of the house and he was never allowed to go back in. In Nigeria so yes it's no longer those days you'll throw a woman out at night except she dosen't contribute anything sha
The man deserved what he got.

Do you know the level of stupidity a man would have to be on to live with his wife in a house that doesn't have his name on the deeds?
Was he ever the same after that humiliating process?

3 Likes

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by adebisicutie: 4:34pm On Sep 23, 2014
cococandy: Now that's what ayam talking about cheesy

That day was so amusing, it was sad to see a marriage end but it was amusing to see the police walk him out. He even called his lawyer and that one told him the truth that the house belongs to her and since she has documents to back it up he should just pack his things and leave and not let the police rough handle him.I'm sure he'll tell his friends that he decided to give her the house out of the goodness of his heart grin

1 Like

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by adebisicutie: 4:37pm On Sep 23, 2014
crackhaus:
The man deserved what he got.

Do you know the level of stupidity a man would have to be on to live in a house that doesn't have his name on the deeds?
Was he ever the same after that humiliating process?

Do you know how many shameless Nigerian men live in homes owned by their wives or where the wife pays the rent alone? You'll be surprised and outside they'll be forming big boy. I'm sure he'll never be the same again, hopefully he'll learn to stop sponging off women and then still act badly. OP sorry for derailing you thread

6 Likes

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by edwife(f): 4:49pm On Sep 23, 2014
And I taught I will learn two or three things from a polygamous family,but then again it is Nairaland.

It has turn to a debate,as usual.I can't.....,i can never ..... tatati tatata undecided

godsdivinefavor please take heart.Only God knows why certain things happen to us,you are living it and no one else.Take courage,it is well.

5 Likes

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by pickabeau1: 4:57pm On Sep 23, 2014
The H word.. lol
Its a fact of life

On the polygamy issue this is a matter of different world views

TV01:
...ah! the "H" word!!! Please don't give someone HBP 0 grin!

It hasn't changed and will still be the model - if not legal form - of some even where polygamy is pre-scribed. Mistesses and concubines are very evident in the West.

However, without being overly delicate, woman will still need intimacy and where the man with the means is unable or otherwise occupied, men of lower rank can garner a little something.

First, on the whole, polygamy creates way more issues than it resolves. I repeat, the only thing polygamy really serves are mens lustful desires. Even if polygamy helps reduce the number of widows; it will disproportionately increase the number of singles. As has been noted, polygamists are not for the most part marrying aged singles or widows. Like Western men trading their forty year old for a newer model, polygamists just start a collection grin!

And the dynamics are much worse for women and children. The wives can't even be indignant or righteously outraged.

TV

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by crackhaus: 5:06pm On Sep 23, 2014
adebisicutie: .

Do you know how many shameless Nigerian men live in homes owned by their wives or where the wife pays the rent alone? You'll be surprised and outside they'll be forming big boy. I'm sure he'll never be the same again, hopefully he'll learn to stop sponging off women and then still act badly. OP sorry for derailing you thread
How many Nigerian men do you think live in homes owned (built or bought) by their wives? Be honest with yourself.

If you had only mentioned living in a home where the rent is paid entirely by the wife, then that would be more feasible.
But still, the house is not for the woman but for the landlord...so what deed will she have to show as proof of ownership?
The original tenancy agreement would most probably be in 'Mr & Mrs'.

Apologies as well @OP for derailing, discussions lead to other discussions.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by Nobody: 5:13pm On Sep 23, 2014
edwife: And I taught I will learn two or three things from a polygamous family,but then again it is Nairaland.

It has turn to a debate,as usual.I can't.....,i can never ..... tatati tatata undecided

godsdivinefavor please take heart.Only God knows why certain things happen to us,you are living it and no one else.Take courage,it is well.

Many things can be learned from debates, too.

3 Likes

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by edwife(f): 5:19pm On Sep 23, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Many things can be learned from debates, too.

I know,but these debates have always been the same.I can dig up countless debate regarding polygamy but none of a first wife coming freely to

give account of her life and how it works.Some of us have questions and will like to get some answers without many debates which happen to be the same,nothing new.

I am not saying we should not have debates but at least have one thread where it is just questions and answers.
Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by Nobody: 5:21pm On Sep 23, 2014
edwife:

I know,but these debates have always been the same.I can dig up countless debate regarding polygamy but none of a first wife coming freely to

give account of her life and how it works.Some of us have questions and will like to get some answers without many debates which happen to be the same,nothing new.

I am not saying we should not have debates but at least have one thread where it is just questions and answers.

You can ignore these conversations.

Please, don't stop asking your questions. I really enjoy your conversation with the OP. kiss
Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by Nobody: 5:27pm On Sep 23, 2014
I'm loving this thread grin
Abeg, I need to start reading from d beginning.

Pikabeau,pls I need that ur couch cheesy
Interesting debate so far.

Will announce d winner after reading kiss
Aaaand d debate continues..........! tongue
Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by pickabeau1: 5:29pm On Sep 23, 2014
moca: I'm loving this thread grin
Abeg, I need to start reading from d beginning.

Pikabeau,pls I need that ur couch cheesy
Interesting debate so far.

Will announce d winner after reading kiss
Aaaand d debate continues..........! tongue

Hmmm... i dont share my couch.. for now im also in observer mode

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (26) (Reply)

Candace Owen: I Learned That Feminism Is A Scam, It Tears Women / Pregnant Woman Dances For 3 Hours, Gives Birth Afterwards / What I Noticed In My Neighborhood

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.