Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,287 members, 7,811,862 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:38 PM

10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi (37929 Views)

Tension In Ondo Community Over Pipeline Attacks-the Nation / Many Dead, 50 Houses Razed As Boko Haram Invades Adamawa Communities / INEC Suspends Election In Delta Community Over Insecurity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by olodoowoh: 7:43am On Sep 26, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
Nkpi, you're the f00l here. Why don't you do as I said before attacking?
why do we keep disgracing ourselves. People are laughing @ us oooo.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by mrgreen4real(m): 7:46am On Sep 26, 2014
I think ignorance is involved. When would our people learn to tolerate each other? Bakasi people never wanted to be a part of cameroon bt world court judged against their wish. So my ette-igbo pple even if you kill all of you gvt still have the final say about your struggles. Stop the fight and pick your hoes to farm

1 Like

Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by o42austino(m): 7:51am On Sep 26, 2014
Chinaimporter:

[size=14pt] University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN))

Enugu State University of Science & Technology (ESUT),

Institute of Management and Technology (IMT)

Ositatech polytechnic enugu

Nigerian law school

Federal Cooperative College, Oji River (FCCO),

Enugu State College of Education Technical,

Caritas University, Amorji-Nike,

Renaissance University, Ugbawka

Federal School of Dental Technology & Therapy College

Federal College of Education, Eha-Amufu

Nigerian army school of artillery

Nigeria cardic insitute

Enugu State College of Agriculture & Agro-Entrepreneurship

Godfrey okoye university

Count higher institutions in kogi state pls [/size]
u no count Madona University which is located After Agbani.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:51am On Sep 26, 2014
Kogi State is arguably the most strategically located state, connecting almost all the six geo-political zones, with nine states and the FCT.

4 Likes

Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by olodoowoh: 7:54am On Sep 26, 2014
OrlandoOwoh: Kogi State is arguably the most strategically located state, connecting almost all the six geo-political zones, with nine state and the FCT.
how I wish people can take us serious with how we keep messing up. No peace for the wicked.

1 Like

Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by Yarn2me(m): 7:55am On Sep 26, 2014
I tire for my country people ooo....
My state is the only state that shares boarder with all the #GeoPolitical zones,
I am a PROUD KOGITE!

3 Likes

Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by mrgreen4real(m): 7:55am On Sep 26, 2014
zendy:

And what were your fore-fathers before the White man came and created Nigeria? They were Nigerians-in-waiting? Don't be myopic. I am first an Igbo man before anything else and my first allegiance is to the Igbo nation. I can understand why the minorities in Enugu state want to go with Kogi,who wants to be a minority anyway? I think INEC should conduct a simple referendum and if the Igala want join Kogi,then so be it. I know for certain that no Igbo man would want to be part of Kogi.
See your comment "who want to be a minor" my brother no body chose where he/she was born. We all came by fortune/misfortune of nature. Whether minority or majority be thankful to God and embrace peace. If there is no peace both minority and majority suffer it
Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by Hamsaini: 8:01am On Sep 26, 2014
Erotex: In those community there are two tribe over there
Igala and igbos
The igbos wants to merge with enugu why igalas want to merge with kogi.

Right now they are all benefitting from enugu pocket.
Let igbos be igbos and igalas be igalas
After all igalas are not worthy to live with.
I have been with them before
if u can't live with Igalas, it simply means u are not tolerant enough to live with any tribe because i see notting wrong with them. U don't just come and type rubbish just for people to believe they are bad.

4 Likes

Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by DECOtech(m): 8:06am On Sep 26, 2014
phlemzy: pathetic one there. And some of these house owners must have built them with 'hard earned money'. May we be delivered of all these crises from within.
Its mud houses with tached roofs u mostly find in that area. That's why they are easily burnt down.
Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by festico: 8:08am On Sep 26, 2014
they should be allowed to migrate to kogi but noo part of enugu territory 'll be ceded to kogi state.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by zlatan(m): 8:11am On Sep 26, 2014
So anybody from ette here?
Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by zendy: 8:21am On Sep 26, 2014
lastpage:

Then why main and kill those "Igala-cum-Igbo men" that want to join Kogi?

Why dont you guys just let them "join Kogi" if that is where their heart lies .... and you will have a "pure-breed" Igbo in Enugu state?

That is not rocket science naa?

Some Nigerians must evolve beyond the level of PRIMATES that they call them, after-all the earth has been around for millions of years!
All this while, our evolution should have moved beyond this barbaric level of ethnicity, tribalism and cannibalism being displayed in this incident!

SMH sha.

Lastpage!

If you ask me,I would say that this incident has very little to do with who wants to join Kogi and doesn't. I think this is more of a land dispute. The same thing is happening in my home state of Anambra. For years,the government of Anambra together with private investors sunk Billions into developing oil and gas deposits and Orient oil was established . As soon as Anambra became an oil producing state,the youths of Neighbouring Kogi came up with a ridiculous story about the land that Orient oil was operating on was their ancestral land and that everything including the oil wells must be brought into Kogi. They even invaded the place and started causing problems. So these f00ls were watching as the government of Anambra was developing the place and said nothing but as soon as oil started to flow,their memory came back? If it wasn't for the Army that was drafted in there,those Kogi youths would have felt the full wrath the Igbo community.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by pazienza(m): 8:26am On Sep 26, 2014
lastpage:

Then why main and kill those "Igala-cum-Igbo men" that want to join Kogi?

Why dont you guys just let them "join Kogi" if that is where their heart lies .... and you will have a "pure-breed" Igbo in Enugu state?

That is not rocket science naa?

Some Nigerians must evolve beyond the level of PRIMATES that they call them, after-all the earth has been around for millions of years!
All this while, our evolution should have moved beyond this barbaric level of ethnicity, tribalism and cannibalism being displayed in this incident!

SMH sha.

Lastpage!

Stop talking trash. Ette has pro Enugu and pro Kogi groups, they are the ones fighting each other and not Ndiigbo. What we have here is Igalas fighting each other.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by nicechic(f): 8:26am On Sep 26, 2014
Igala and igbos

Why are u casting ur ignorance like this...SMH
Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by Ajengogo(m): 8:27am On Sep 26, 2014
Ete, Eje, Unubi, Itanyi, etc are all Igala names u hear a lot in the area under contention. Yet somebody is saying they shouldn't identify with their kith and kins. The boundary Creation mistake has to be corrected now

2 Likes

Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by Nobody: 8:29am On Sep 26, 2014
festico: they should be allowed to migrate to kogi but noo part of enugu territory 'll be ceded to kogi state.
Best comment so far.
Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by chinazaekperem2: 8:29am On Sep 26, 2014
OrlandoOwoh: Kogi State is arguably the most strategically located state, connecting almost all the six geo-political zones, with nine states and the FCT.
is that a yardstick? why has kogi state refused to develop base on its proximity with other regions?

3 Likes

Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by Nobody: 8:32am On Sep 26, 2014
na mumu fool here, this chi,t is about igbos who want to join kogi and not Enugu institutions, wtf. and all this enugue institutions never reach half of Ogun State institutions o. mumu ppl.

1 Like

Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by maestroferddi: 8:32am On Sep 26, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
Igala people didn't move to Kogi State (like the Enugu State's youths wanting to move to Kogi State). They were brought from Benue State and joined with the newly created Kogi State in 1991. Okun Yoruba was carved out of Kwara State and made part of the new state.
Enugu State wanting to join Kogi?

Can you be taken serious for once?

Surprised you refused to see the idiocy/pointlessness of the whole issue.

The last time I checked there is a constitutionally recognised state boundary co-ordinates. Is it not pathetic that the people are unaware that it is not optional where they should belong?

1 Like

Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by olodoowoh: 8:38am On Sep 26, 2014
maestroferddi: Enugu State wanting to join Kogi?

The last time I checked there is a constitutionally recognised state boundary co-ordinates. Is it not pathetic that the people are unaware that it is not optional where they should belong?
take me serious at your peril.

if i can come-up with this, don't you think musiwa is saner than me? undecided

1 Like

Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by pazienza(m): 8:39am On Sep 26, 2014
I think that it is only normal that the Igalas in Enugu want to identity with their kin in Kogi. What i find troublesome is that the supposed youth leader is pro Enugu, perhaps the youth leader doesn't care about cultural homogenicity, perhaps he is more interested in what he could gain from Enugu state government, he is puting everything else infront, and puting the chance of re connecting with his kins in Kogi behind, this i find too bad and sad.

Kudos to those Ette people fighting to reunite with the rest of their people in Kogi. Even a wise ancient king approves their intent.
"Behold how good and pleasant it is,for brothers to stay together in unity"- Psalm 133 vs 1.

1 Like

Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by maestroferddi: 8:48am On Sep 26, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
Kogi State has more higher institutions than Enugu State.
The Igbos are born to outperform you. Accept that and lets move on.

Enugu State with the best educational institutions in Nigeria and you are wallowing in envy.

By the way, which is your backwater state?

ENUGU STATE:

UNN - Nigeria's premier national
university.

ESUT -One of the oldest and BEST state
Universities in Nigeria.

IMT - One of the most prestigious and
BEST polytechnics in Nigeria.

BIGARD - One of West Africa's major
Catholic seminaries.

Let's not talk of the numerous private universities and other reputable institutions.

Now let's see what your C-grade state have to offer...

2 Likes

Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by ekolina(m): 8:54am On Sep 26, 2014
FYI there are no igbos in the community....everybody speak igala. just a selected few that benefits from Enugu state govt wants to remain with Enugu. those that want to leave to bear Igbo names.
Igala and igbos

1 Like

Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by akpabana: 8:56am On Sep 26, 2014
Just like some one rightly said,this part of Enugu is mixed up wt Igala/Enugu just like the 'local gvt of Anambra West and the community close to it speaks Igala all through'. Go to Warri, Asaba, Illah etc, they will tell u how they are mixed up wt Igalas'. Am of the opinion that FG should handle the situation.
Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by OneNaira6: 8:56am On Sep 26, 2014
Hian Igala people, una wan destroy Igboland for us. Abi wetin be una problem? grin grin

On serious note though, I think I see where they are coming from, I know I have the exact feelings when it comes to my own community. Personally, I believe they should conduct a referedum, the group that wants to join kogi can join kogi and the ones that want to stay in Enugu state can stay. Well then again, who knows, it might be a mixed situation. The groups villages might be intertwined so dividing it might be difficult. Who knows. One thing I know for sure, it's stupid what happened. Aren't they supposed to be kinsmen? So why are they killing themselves because of states? Stupidity on the highest.

As for the person that stated Ette is a mixed community. Unless I'm mistaking but I could have sworn Ette is predominately an Igala community residing close to Igbo community. the Igbos and Igalas do not share Ette. The area is just close to Igbo towns. Enugu state people do correct me if I'm wrong.

1 Like

Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:57am On Sep 26, 2014
maestroferddi: The Igbos are born to outperform you. Accept that and lets move on.

Enugu State with the best educational institutions in Nigeria and you are wallowing in envy.

ENUGU STATE:

university.

Universities in Nigeria.

Catholic seminaries.

Let's not talk of the numerous private universities and other reputable institutions.

Rubbish!
-UNN is the only first generation university that has not been ranked among the top three in Nigeria.
-ESUT is a glorified secondary school inherited from the old Anambra State. Was it not three "graduates" from that school that were rejected by the schools and bakery (their PPAs) on poor academic performance during the NYSC?
-IMT is like a centre where JAMBITES hold classes.

5 Likes

Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:00am On Sep 26, 2014
maestroferddi: Enugu State wanting to join Kogi?

Have you heard of self-determinism?
Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by ekolina(m): 9:03am On Sep 26, 2014
You guys shld get ur facts rite before commenting...oil was not found there. where oil was found has no boundary with Enugu but anambra, this particular community are leaving cuz the want relign with their kin. how can one be speak igala be class as Enugu that is all igbo
Eldavido1: Wow this is serious! Last time I checked oil producing communities of Niger Delta are still one hell of tarzan jungle with no even good source of clean drinking water. So plsss, someone should remind me, what the hell are these mofos fighting for again?

1 Like

Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by OneNaira6: 9:07am On Sep 26, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
Have you heard of self-determinism?

Why is this man such a bonafide Ediot and he takes pride in it?

Orlandowoh, we all get it. You are a proud m0ron. Can you now stop disturbing all of us with your stupidity?

You hold a phD in stupidity. We get it now stop disturbing the entire NL with it.

1 Like

Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by OneNaira6: 9:10am On Sep 26, 2014
maestroferddi: The Igbos are born to outperform you. Accept that and lets move on.

ENUGU STATE:

university.

Universities in Nigeria.

Catholic seminaries.

He's from Oshogbo or some SW state but he's too ashamed of it so he is attaching by force to Delta on NL.

1 Like

Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by maestroferddi: 9:13am On Sep 26, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
You keep f00ling yourself. I never said Enugu, neither did I say Kogi. What I said was Kogi State and Enugu State. Enugu is a place in Enugu State just as Kogi is a part of Kogi State. Both Kogi and Enugu are LGAs in both states. The same applies to Ondo and Ondo State; Kano and Kano State; Katsina and Katsina State; Sokoto and Sokoto State, etc. I know you won't understand because your flat head has compressed your brain. Anuofia, i we ike wun ka nna gi.
You are not making sense at all. Just concede that you goofed.

Trying to concoct a convoluted explanation will only worsen your situation...

3 Likes

Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by ekolina(m): 9:17am On Sep 26, 2014
In the whole of Igbo eze north local govt the finest buildings are in ette....ette was the headqtr of the local govt and the house of assembly member was from there. do u for ones thought why the Enugu govt to want them to cede
DECOtech: Its mud houses with tached roofs u mostly find in that area. That's why they are easily burnt down.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Elumelu Exposes Multi-billion Naira Power Sector Fraud / Atiku, Gbenga Daniel And Ademola Adeleke Rocking PDP Customized Agbada / Kwankwaso And Abba Kabir In Lagos For Commissioning Of Dangote Refinery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.