Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,195 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:26 AM

Lies Ladies Tell To Fool Guys - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Lies Ladies Tell To Fool Guys (53757 Views)

Lies Some Women Tell To Get Money From Men / Ladies Tell Us, What Approach Did Your Worst Toaster Use? / Popular Lies Ladies Tell Guys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lies Ladies Tell To Fool Guys by Nobody: 11:33am On Oct 02, 2014
jpphilips:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin, all are men because they have a dangling rod, what else does your mother decide for you, when you poo??

Away with your fake sense of maturity. God bless
Re: Lies Ladies Tell To Fool Guys by Obinoscopy(m): 11:50am On Oct 02, 2014
jpphilips:

I wish too, but when I ask myself after that wedding night, 1hr after the deed, what is the girl? still a virgin? and all the bills will disappear? the Kingdom of heaven will open? I will expand my business? will get a tax cut from the Govt? well, I focus on things that matter, the status of a piece of a woman's waist is too vain to occupy my thoughts at this stage, If the only achievement of a man is the fact that he slept with my wife at some point in her past,not for profit but a breach of social trust, well, I hope he will tell that to his landlord when he comes for his rent.
When you see the plethora of men who have failed in this life, you will have no doubt that at some point in their life,, they misplaced their priorities.

It is good to play around high standards and all that but the realistic plate doesn't always taste nice, how many things do you think you deserve in life that you have today? starting with your parents? wont you have preferred to have come from a strong, political, economic, religious and influential back ground? wont you have loved to bear a surname that echoes a thunderous pitch of success? but here we are average and we are living with it, most people here even live below average from most of the things I read here.

Why should we accept average dispositions in our endeavors but think high standards when it comes to women? you don't use a 2014 car but you want a tear rubber virgin, your house is a rented one like you don't know some of your mates have built theirs? you eat average food forgetting that the high standards is a three course meal, you are born a christian and you claim to be religious yet you cant make a single miracle even if it is a fluke, You have not gone beyond the shores of your village yet some people wake in New york and sleep in Paris, kindly ignore the whole "you", I dont equally mean you should take into cognize the whole mundane things I spewd up there, I am only pointing to you that there are loads of voids in your life that the whole highstandard mantra of yours doesnt cut.

Perhaps I will change this mentality of mine when we live in an equal society where women can do their permutations like us and walk up to the man they want, and drag him to the alter.
The whole virgin price tag is as a result of people not knowing what marriage is about, it is not about a trophy you present to your friends that you have the best amongst them, mine is virgin urs is not, it is not a bragging right, it is about someone who compliments you and gives that life of yours a true meaning, a woman who understands how you love comfort and brings up ideas that spin the cash, a woman who understands your weaknesses and make you whole, a woman who understands your spirituality is at its ebb and uplifts it etc

Don't misconstrue my position as someone who wants a wh00re for a wife, I am of the opinion that a condition I cannot scientifically prove is not worth the stress, furthermore, in life each person have their thresh holds, there are somethings I can live with unlike you, a girl who has not profited from her sexcapade is something I can live with, I don't know about you.
Bros I understand you and honestly I agree with you 100%. Virginity shouldn't take the number one spot on a man's priority list. But it should be on the list sha cheesy. However, a man shouldn't lose interest in a lady if she meets all his standards but virginity.

The reason why most men would respect a virgin lady is because she had a virtue called self-control. For her to have kept her chastity despite the immoral world we live in is worth praising. However, I agree that virginity is not the same as faithfulness. There's no guarantee that a virgin would retain her self-control virtue after having her first sexual intercourse with her husband. We've seen cases where a supposed virgin got married and later indulged in extra-marital affair.

So in conclusion, I'd say virginity is just the icing on the cake. Even though we'd love to have the cake with the icing, we shouldn't reject the cake because it lost the icing. After all, the quality of the cake isn't in the icing wink.

2 Likes

Re: Lies Ladies Tell To Fool Guys by jpphilips(m): 11:55am On Oct 02, 2014
chrisbaba1:

I guess thats why im choosy, I dont mess around so I deserve a decent ladt also. No one is asking for a virgin. No one wants a loose dummy who opened her legs for evrry man that comes her way. U get

choosy you said? please don't forget that what you get eventually depends on how well you fit their own social circle, there is nothing wrong in eying Rhianna but know that it takes a Chris Brown to sweep her off her feet, the question is; are you a Chris brown for a Rhianna to come your way? God help you no Rhianna finds you desirable so what are you gonna do?
Focus on Nkechi or commit suicide?
You really have not searched for a wife, have you?
Re: Lies Ladies Tell To Fool Guys by Nobody: 12:03pm On Oct 02, 2014
jpphilips:

choosy you said? please don't forget that what you get eventually depends on how well you fit their own social circle, there is nothing wrong in eying Rhianna but know that it takes a Chris Brown to sweep her off her feet, the question is; are you a Chris brown for a Rhianna to come your way? God help you no Rhianna finds you desirable so what are you gonna do?
Focus on Nkechi or commit suicide?
You really have not searched for a wife, have you?

Do you reallyread to understand or just prejudge words. Virginity is not the issue, decency is..... like I earlier said, no I don't want a loose lady, if thats immature then ihd always be immature.
Re: Lies Ladies Tell To Fool Guys by jpphilips(m): 12:15pm On Oct 02, 2014
Obinoscopy: Bros I understand you and honestly I agree with you 100%. Virginity shouldn't take the number one spot on a man's priority list. But it should be on the list sha cheesy. However, a man shouldn't lose interest in a lady if she meets all his standards but virginity.

The reason why most men would respect a virgin lady is because she had a virtue called self-control. For her to have kept her chastity despite the immoral world we live in is worth praising. However, I agree that virginity is not the same as faithfulness. There's no guarantee that a virgin would retain her self-control virtue after having her first sexual intercourse with her husband. We've seen cases where a supposed virgin got married and later indulged in extra-marital affair.

So in conclusion, I'd say virginity is just the icing on the cake. Even though we'd love to have the cake with the icing, we shouldn't reject the cake because it lost the icing. After all, the quality of the cake isn't in the icing wink.

Glad you appreciate the big picture, since I still have time, let me take you to another world of reality, the bold sentence of yours is a falasy I told myself as a teenager, but I have out grown it now.

A woman is not a virgin because she has any self control, it is because the situation/circumstances was never right. If you agree that people have given up virginity to save their life, feed, survive and breathe, you will know that there is no citeris paribus in virginity.

Your losing or keeping yours depends on the path your life took largely beyond one's control and also the storm you needed to weather at some point in your life.
If you really want to meet women who have self control, meet the ones that have made very costly mistakes in the past then you will appreciate the difference.

1 Like

Re: Lies Ladies Tell To Fool Guys by Obinoscopy(m): 12:50pm On Oct 02, 2014
jpphilips:

Glad you appreciate the big picture, since I still have time, let me take you to another world of reality, the bold sentence of yours is a falasy I told myself as a teenager, but I have out grown it now.

A woman is not a virgin because she has any self control, it is because the situation/circumstances was never right.
You are not being fair on our virgin ladies out there. Are you telling me that those virgins never faced temptations? Are you saying that EVERY lady will willingly allow herself be disvirgined if she finds herself in the "right circumstances"? Are you saying that our virgin nuns and reverend sisters can't be said to have self-control? I think you are not being fair here. The fact that we are trying to play down the relevance of virginity shouldn't make us make false and unfair statements. We need to encourage our ladies who have vowed to remain a virgin till her wedding night. However, I agree that we shouldn't judge a lady who had lost her virginity. It's her life, her choice.

If you agree that people have given up virginity to save their life, feed, survive and breathe, you will know that there is no citeris paribus in virginity.
True. There are ladies who had to lose their virginity under certain circumstances. That doesn't mean they don't have self-control. I never said all non-virgins lack self-control. I said virgins who waits till her wedding night b4 she has sex with her hubby possess the virtue called self-control.

Your losing or keeping yours depends on the path your life took largely beyond one's control and also the storm you needed to weather at some point in your life.
Which ever path you take, you'd always face several forms of temptation, this is where self-control comes in.

If you really want to meet women who have self control, meet the ones that have made very costly mistakes in the past then you will appreciate the difference.
I agree with you. It's much more difficult for a secondary virgin to maintain her virginity after tasting the forbidden apple grin. This is because the erotic feelings she had will keep on haunting her. So I agree that a secondary virgin has more self-control because she has gone there, seen and conquered. But this should not encourage our virgins out there to test their self-control virtue by tasting the forbidden fruit. If they really want to be a virgin, they should remain a virgin. Their life, their choice.

I'm sorry for using the female gender in this discourse. The same also applies to our male folks. A man should reserve his virginity for his woman. And his wife should respect him for that. But if he decides to have sex b4 marriage, that doesn't mean he has lost his worth to his wife. We shouldn't judge him for decisions in the past.

1 Like

Re: Lies Ladies Tell To Fool Guys by winner01(m): 2:06pm On Oct 02, 2014
jpphilips:

Ya once in a while you really need to tell kids to grow up, and you may as well think "pragmatic" to accommodate the big picture, why are you interested in the body count but not interested in knowing the circumstances for which the sex was had? that is only what is valid in this discourse, the rest opinion is personal aka choice as such it is your baggage.

If a girl becomes sexually active from 21, remember at that age some people were already graduates and was lucky to get married at 25, in between the four years she took a relationship gamble and got lucky, had sex, got married, body count one abi? lucky her!! what if she graduated at 21, feels marriage is the next thing, throws the first shot, a liar, took 4yrs of her life, ends badly, next takes 3yrs of her life ends badly too, at 33, what will be her body count? Do you seriously think she bargained for all the wasted years?

Some become sexually active quite early prolly 17, her college sweet heart stays till around 27 before they marry, that is 10yrs of extensive fvcking, what is her body count? let me be frank with you, there are circumstances in life that is beyond your control, you can only live smart but sh!!t happens, my bestie in the uni lost her fiancee in a car crash months before their wedding, where does it leave her, in the gamble game right? its been almost 13yrs now, she is still single, what has happened since then? your guess is as good as mine,

Life is not fvcking fair, but it is your right to dream, have fun!!
you still failed to get my point, who cares about how many times, I only care about how many people......if u make a mistake with 1 person for 6 yrs, well its a mistake....if you make mistakes with 6 people for 6 yrs, then maybe you enjoy making mistakes....of couse life is not fair, some nice young babies are born into prostitution, some raped e.t.c....but if God has helped you to have a normal life and you term giving in to sex with all your aspiring boyfriends a mistake, then there really is a problem.

1 Like

Re: Lies Ladies Tell To Fool Guys by jpphilips(m): 3:30pm On Oct 02, 2014
[quote author=Obinoscopy]
You are not being fair on our virgin ladies out there. Are you telling me that those virgins never faced temptations? Are you saying that EVERY lady will willingly allow herself be disvirgined if she finds herself in the "right circumstances"? Are you saying that our virgin nuns and reverend sisters can't be said to have self-control? I think you are not being fair here. The fact that we are trying to play down the relevance of virginity shouldn't make us make false and unfair statements. We need to encourage our ladies who have vowed to remain a virgin till her wedding night. However, I agree that we shouldn't judge a lady who had lost her virginity. It's her life, her choice.

I presume your opening sentence in bold is an overstatement, I am not taking sides with any, I am putting forth a realistic card on the table, and please don't talk about being fair to anyone, look around you, is life fair? what is fair about losing sleep to chase survival for decades?

when you say a woman "willingly allows herself to be disvirgined", what exactly do you mean by that? what are the circumstances that "willingly" dis virgined her? are we talking about news we read daily, what live in house helps do to unsuspecting kids? or the fathers and older neighbors? just pick a copy of any daily and tell me honestly you will miss such headline? have you taken the pulse of foster kids before? have you had that experience in your life? Do you know that over 40% of Nigerian children are living in foster care, do you have any idea, how "willingly" they were taken advantage of?

perhaps we should look at the other coin of "willingly" where you make your grades in school as a boy while some girls smarter than you cannot make same grades because they refuse to tender, how "willingly" is that? never mind that a relationship between a man and a woman only the woman accounts for her mileage while the man is allowed to exceed his so called mileage with m@sturb@tion alone, please can you explain to me in lucid terms what you think is fair and what is not?

Nobody is down playing anything, like I told the other guy, he can as well go virgin hunting, it is within his right to do so, Juxtaposing Nuns in a monastery with temptation is illogical, why do you think they live in isolation in the first place?
Shouldn't they be in the real world to breathe and feel the pressure there in to qualify properly the "temptation" in the true sense of it?
what do you think a monastery looks like? p0rn DVD store? grin if our world is anything close to a monastery believe me, fornication will be punishable by death.

True. There are ladies who had to lose their virginity under certain circumstances. That doesn't mean they don't have self-control. I never said all non-virgins lack self-control. I said virgins who waits till her wedding night b4 she has sex with her hubby possess the virtue called self-control.

I know the parts you agree with, so you may skip over stating it, I sold an opinion that the whole wedding night mantra is over rated, it is the kinda victory without real value, I have tried to weigh it from a micro and macro pragmatic index and it still doesn't seem like fantasy worthy let alone a life struggle. It is that part of history I will gladly miss.

Our forefathers may be right when they engrained it in the average African culture at the time, but hey! they were mere farmers with a pitch fork, what do they know? they rode on camels but we cruise in air conditioned cars.

It insults every fabric of my education to hold tenaciously to the letter an opinion formed and practiced by men and women who never saw civilization, perhaps I am still sad they dumped our sickle cell brothers and sisters in the evil forest when it was scientifically obvious they had a genetic disorder, of no fault of theirs, (ogbanje quickly comes to mind)? happily buried their chiefs with the heads of their fellow humans? such is the mentality of the people you want me to indulge their cravings?

Which ever path you take, you'd always face several forms of temptation, this is where self-control comes in.

The temptation you mentioned must be viewed with a pragmatic lens in my opinion, if it is anything to work with, in life everybody don't meet the same temptation, If a playboy was able to convince a girl to give up her virginity, who should she blame? the boy who outsmarted her or her parents who gave her a dull brain? Or the need to get affordable education in a federal university where it is presumed most young girls loose their virginity?
Or her pastors who have preached more tithe than Chasity in his church calendar?
Or the human factor driven by hormones that awakens the need to explore, rightly put, the adventurous part of man, enshrined by the society we find ourselves.

I know your point was about the ones that weathered the storm, if all the factors were same well, I will agree, but where I disagree is where one finds herself in her father's prison for over 25yrs, still basking in the Euphoria of virginity (never mind that the circumstance was not even right in the first place) and men like you will juxtapose them with girls who spent better part of their life on the street.

OR a wowosky who is not even socially competitive deserving kudos for keeping a virginity that most people don't want. I don't buy that honestly.
Also, women don't always exercise the right to choose who they will be with, so the right person that will break her defenses aka temptation, is still under a certain probability, so when better guys don't ask her out, you clap for them for being virgins, what choice does she have in the first place? it takes the right person, the right place at the right time to Tango

I'm sorry for using the female gender in this discourse. The same also applies to our male folks. [b]A man should reserve his virginity for his woman. And his wife should respect him for that. [/b]But if he decides to have sex b4 marriage, that doesn't mean he has lost his worth to his wife. We shouldn't judge him for decisions in the past.

The bold part is what is right and fair but tell me, how pragmatic is it in our society? If men are not accountable for their mileage why should my daughter be asked that stvpid question?
Re: Lies Ladies Tell To Fool Guys by Obinoscopy(m): 5:28pm On Oct 02, 2014
Jpphilips despite all your epistle up there, you still haven't proven to me that every virgin can be willingly disvirgined.

You ask me what I meant by willingly. It's simple, once there's a will by the lady or a guy to be disvirgined then it was done willingly wink.

I still believe that there are ladies out there who would rather fail their exams than sleep with lecturers. Ladies who would rather starve than sleep with sugar-daddies. Ladies who would rather be single than sleep with a guy to convince him of marriage. Ladies who would fantasise sleeping with her crush but would restrain herself. Such ladies exist. But that doesn't mean they are saints or better than everyone else. However we must recognise the fact that they had the virtue called self-control.

It's obvious you are trying to justify why some ladies/guys get disvirgined. But I say, why even justify? He/She gave out his/her virginity, and so what? Why judge him/her? Are we holier than him/her? Even the virgins, are they holier? Of course not. There's no need to justify anything. No need to judge him/her. For the fact that we label a virgin as one with self-control doesn't mean a non-virgin lacks self-control wink. So no need to beef anybody.

If a guy wants to marry a virgin, wish him goodluck. If he dislikes virgins and prefers one who had tasted and was trusted, fine and good. His life, his choice. If a lady vows to maintain her virgin, fine and good. If not, fine and good too.
Re: Lies Ladies Tell To Fool Guys by jpphilips(m): 2:14pm On Oct 03, 2014
Obinoscopy: Jpphilips despite all your epistle up there, you still haven't proven to me that every virgin can be willingly disvirgined.

Is that really the point?
Re: Lies Ladies Tell To Fool Guys by Obinoscopy(m): 2:36pm On Oct 03, 2014
jpphilips:

Is that really the point?
Yes.

I agreed with everything you said except for this statement of yours:

A woman is not a virgin because she has any self control, it is because the situation/circumstances was never right.
Re: Lies Ladies Tell To Fool Guys by martins0: 3:18pm On Oct 03, 2014
U guys get strength o,, see argument
Re: Lies Ladies Tell To Fool Guys by MNDY(m): 8:04am On Oct 07, 2014
[quote author=jpphilips post=26806287][/quote]

[@jpphilips] I've been stalking you! The immense power of insightful analysis & oratory might that you wield, fascinates me! I've been a guest on this forum, I joined as member just recently. You bear the same name with a graduate-assistant lecturer of mine (a great intellect walking the surface of the earth) in History and Int'l Studies department of Kogi State University, Anyigba! Are you the one?
Re: Lies Ladies Tell To Fool Guys by jpphilips(m): 1:06pm On Oct 09, 2014
MNDY:

[@jpphilips] I've been stalking you! The immense power of insightful analysis & oratory might that you wield, fascinates me! I've been a guest on this forum, I joined as member just recently. You bear the same name with a graduate-assistant lecturer of mine (a great intellect walking the surface of the earth) in History and Int'l Studies department of Kogi State University, Anyigba! Are you the one?

NO Sir!!
Re: Lies Ladies Tell To Fool Guys by savoir96(m): 9:37am On May 06, 2015
Hey guys, am a JJC here.I don't know if I am going offpoint but I must confess I so much love this Nairaland cause I see hilarious topics that I can't stop laughing at. For example that guy that said "those are the lies his gal keeps telling him". Lol brother u re in soup. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lovely Pre-Wedding Photos Of A Soldier And His Make-Up Artist Bae / The Truth About Headmaster & Student Sex Video - Ghanaian Blasts Nigerians / Sexy Sugar Mummies Available Contact 07065484280

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.