Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,869 members, 7,813,960 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:49 PM

How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? (49765 Views)

How Long Should A Guy Woo A Girl Before Giving Up? / Personal Space Makes A Relationship Last / How to Make a Relationship Last...? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by chinedusamson(m): 7:02am On Oct 12, 2014
Minimum f three yrs
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by beejaybanji: 8:22am On Oct 12, 2014
Tenim47:
Aw does dat concern me
Nawa 4 u oooo...
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by irishCream: 8:53am On Oct 12, 2014
Tbozun:
Man's senses have limited capability so the period of courtship should be as short as possible

Can u elaborate please??
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by bosun11(m): 11:47am On Oct 12, 2014
AriDsexy:

6months\1year.

huh..me marry babe after one year i would call that voluntary sentence to death...Tueh..#my opinion sha
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by cdamsel(f): 11:52am On Oct 12, 2014
When it feels right then it is right,dont matter the time spent together.
Might take yrs might take months,whatever works for y'all
#IMO
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by BAYKEM(m): 5:35pm On Oct 12, 2014
Courtship is not a university course that has a definite period of time to be spent on it but a training which should end as soon as the qualification is attained.
Now the qualifications:
1. Mental, Spiritual, Psychological and financial maturity.
2. Ability to remove ego in dealing with each other
3. Readiness to serve and be with each other even during hardships.
4. Understanding the difference in nature and parental upbringing.
5. Ability to quarrel and reconcil quickly and without external help from third parties and lastly
6. Ability to focus and plan the future together with a mutual view.
Dear, u can be done with a courtship in a matter of a year, two, three or even more. But remember we do not have the same opportunity. A courtship that began at the age of 17 stands the opportunity of going on for 8 or more years. But the one which starts at the age of 33, I beg, u wont dare tell me I should marry at the age of 40.
Pray and study yourselves. Remember marriage isn't something to manage but one to enjoy. Dont push yourself to marry someone you are hoping would later change. Current financial status is of little importance if u see a man with visibly sensible dreams. Keep a close watch on your partner and never jump into conclusions. Dont let him/her blindfold u with love. He may love you but you may not be compatible. Compatibility will help u to run the race. Lastly, put God first and let him be the foundation. The Bible says there is a way that seemeth right to a man but the end thereof is destruction. LET GOD LEAD YOU AND YOU WILL SEE HOW SWEET GOD'S DESIGN FOR MALE-FEMALE UNION IS.
I Remain my humble self.

1 Like

Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by SenatorJames(m): 11:38am On Oct 16, 2014
DNDROID:
how many times have you been married dude? cool
Better still, ask him does he knows the meaning of marriage?

@topic, it depends on the stage of life someone is. Two people that meet as an undergraduate can court for like 5 or 6 years, whereas two working class that are ready for marriage may not stay long in courtship. What I can advice is that

*someone must be satisfy with the relationship before taking the giant step.
*don't go into marriage out of desperation or pressure.

1 Like

Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by devonpaul(m): 8:37pm On Jul 22, 2015
michaelwestern:
minimum of 5years

Bros na relationshp dey call am o, no be bachelor of engineering
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by kenrisma535(m): 12:37pm On Apr 14, 2022
You see my nairalanders.. This issue of marriage and relationship is very simple and straightforward..
Before you can get married to your Mr right/Mrs right.. Do you have these virtues.. forgiveness, tolerance and commitment to your partner.. ...marriage is just the continuing phase of your relationship with your spouse. The foundation of marriage should first be based on friendship where you get to know each other's differences.. Then trust, love and honesty sets.
So how long or what's the best time to stay in friendship with your partner.. Well I believe 2 years... Because during this phase, you get to be just friends.. Then the intimacy or love would build naturally.. The relationship phase shouldn't take more than 6 months or at most a year. So I would say how long before you say I do?.. 3 years is perfect. That's why most ladies don't want to rush into marriage because she wants to know if you're the right person, so she needs to do a careful evaluation of you..
Marriage is a sweet adventure but unfortunately has become an Institution of ridicule etc.. Domestic violence and infidelity that plagues this institution

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Lady Is Searching For A Baby Daddy On Twitter As Her Biological Clock Is Ticking / Nigeria Ranked Most Sexually Satisfied Country In The World / He Wants To Quit From His Marriage Because Of These Reasons...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.