Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,888 members, 7,814,007 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:30 AM

How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? (49768 Views)

How Long Should A Guy Woo A Girl Before Giving Up? / Personal Space Makes A Relationship Last / How to Make a Relationship Last...? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by manyke: 9:51am On Oct 11, 2014
DNDROID:
how many times have you been married dude? cool
I beg help me holla dat question again!

1 Like

Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by Nobody: 10:08am On Oct 11, 2014
Deepfreezer:
be serious for once. yo got heavy threads rite there, for someone less than 18yrs. especially the last one.
so? I'm a Lil girl with a big girl's knowledge durh angry
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by pen2(m): 10:21am On Oct 11, 2014
agarawu23:
marriage depends on the pocket of a guy.

before u think of getting married, are u sure u r financial okay? and u are old enuf to cope wit stupidity of ladies.

you and your partner will decide when to tie d not. dating for so long doesnt mats which is the best because u guys are used to each other.

how will u marry a gal u met within 2 weeks? hope u knw drink 'alomo'? no wander many marriages dont last.

as for me I am not done to get married cos I gat to have my own house n a nice organization of mine. Abi na one room wey u dey for face me I face u you wan marry put

I. Like the beginning of your post,i don't like the end! smiley
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by agarawu23(m): 10:26am On Oct 11, 2014
pen2:

I. Like the beginning of your post,i don't like the end! smiley
hmmmmm
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by bosun11(m): 10:34am On Oct 11, 2014
AriDsexy:

Lol,are u for real? grin

Well my opinion though...relationship is different from courtship,hope you know or what do do you think ?
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by deavicky(m): 10:49am On Oct 11, 2014
2 year and 13 months
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by goludayo: 10:59am On Oct 11, 2014
Long courtship,long katakata
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by Emma8043(m): 11:03am On Oct 11, 2014
ayusco85:
imagin writin nofin and getin 65 likes and 8 shares
*SlowlyWalkinOutOfThread*
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by Kanimoe(m): 11:08am On Oct 11, 2014
Brymo:
As long as u can endure urselves.

Couples shouldn't ENDURE themselves, they should ENJOY themselves.

How long basically depends on the readiness of the man and the age of the woman. The readiness of the man is basically determined first by his financial stability and then his mental strength.

Many guys with poor finances still get married because they just want to be called married men and because their Bible tells them about a certain blessing a wife brings. Unfortunately, many women get married to these kind of men because they are simply running out of time. In the end, this family will be classified as 'poor' because more often than not the man will strugggggllllleeeee to meet his obligations.

And I am of the belief that NOBODY SUPPOSE BORN PIKIN COME DIS WORLD CON SUFFER!
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by ayusco85(m): 11:21am On Oct 11, 2014
Emma8043:

While walking out, kindly locate a transformer that has light, and hug it. U will feel better
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by ifymusa(f): 11:22am On Oct 11, 2014
[color=#006600][/color]
myhero4eva:
I think an ideal relationship should last btw 6months to 1yr or 1yr and 6months...
I agree wit u oh my dear
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by tundabolt(m): 2:19pm On Oct 11, 2014
frankii:
Hi everyone?
I have come across people who met their spouse and under two weeks they were pulling marriage strings, and i've seen others who after like 6 years they finally tied the not. From experience i don't think a working man should have a steady relationship that will last for more than say 8months, because before then you are either preparing for marriage (searching for someone to settle down with), and also searching for the right partner (and not screwing around with every babe). So what do you guys think should be the appropriate length of courtship?
. Still trying to understand your thought or better still your question because relationship and courtship are too words that are strange to each other this days. Here's my Opinion: 1. Relationship should have the Prospect (I mean concrete plans) towards marriage. 2. Any Relationship above 2 years is a risk (especially) for the lady, so 2 years is max for me, if he's not ready in 2 years he should wait till he is ready than than waste the lady's time. Lastly (for the ladies), stop giving a boyfriend or fiance the priviledges of husband maybe that will hurry him up a little. I rest my case.

1 Like

Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by PrinceNwokeji: 2:33pm On Oct 11, 2014
doing the will of God in all things thats the most inportant thing in life, as to the number of days or months to court is out of context here, what matters is , if at all God is involved in your life, when he is, the you can date and married your bone within weeks and it will be secured. God bless you.
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by ojbboy(m): 2:34pm On Oct 11, 2014
I dated my wife for just 3 months before we got married... Never believed in long term relationship cos both couples can only know the virtual colour/attitude of each other after the solemnization of their marriage.....I thank God that my marriage to my wife is now 10 years and with these, I will like to sing this song....10 years don waka, we still dey carry go, nobody waka, nobody go solo, Baba God ooo, na ur Grace ooo....Adupe ooo.
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by misshoree(f): 3:26pm On Oct 11, 2014
frankii:
Hi everyone?
I have come across people who met their spouse and under two weeks they were pulling marriage strings, and i've seen others who after like 6 years they finally tied the not. From experience i don't think a working man should have a steady relationship that will last for more than say 8months, because before then you are either preparing for marriage (searching for someone to settle down with), and also searching for the right partner (and not screwing around with every babe). So what do you guys think should be the appropriate length of courtship?
let's say 2-3 years
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by tommydey(m): 4:26pm On Oct 11, 2014
As long as it takes but if the two parties understand themselves well, i dont think it should take more time
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by Deepfreezer(m): 5:15pm On Oct 11, 2014
EroticAngelina:
so? I'm a Lil girl with a big girl's knowledge durh angry
I swear Lol . well u saod it urself.udyi= what happened on nairaland stays in here= wat re u studying?
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by Nobody: 5:50pm On Oct 11, 2014
Deepfreezer:
I swear Lol . well u saod it urself.udyi= what happened on nairaland stays in here= wat re u studying?
..umm waiting for addmission, u?
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by Deepfreezer(m): 6:03pm On Oct 11, 2014
EroticAngelina:
..umm waiting for addmission, u?
Im done with school. work at........ and also a recording artiste.
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by Nobody: 6:06pm On Oct 11, 2014
Deepfreezer:
Im done with school. work at........ and also a recording artiste.
wow! Nice, thats grt. Im ur no one fan cool wink soo, ur music name is deepfreezer? grin
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by Deepfreezer(m): 6:12pm On Oct 11, 2014
EroticAngelina:
wow! Nice, thats grt. Im ur no one fan cool wink soo, ur music name is deepfreezer? grin
hahahahahahaha there is another guy behind D e e p f r e e z e r. its a public forum babes abeg and e get spies for here ooo.
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by Nobody: 6:16pm On Oct 11, 2014
Deepfreezer:
hahahahahahaha there is another guy behind D e e p f r e e z e r. its a public forum babes abeg and e get spies for here ooo.
lols, alritie. I wish u luck in ur music career!!!!!
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by Deepfreezer(m): 6:30pm On Oct 11, 2014
EroticAngelina:
lols, alritie. I wish u luck in ur music career!!!!!
the Lord has been faithful just that we ain't big in Nigeria yet.
I wish you success in ur academic pursuits. let me know anytime I can be of help. #wefriendsnow
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by Nobody: 6:33pm On Oct 11, 2014
Deepfreezer:
the Lord has been faithful just that we ain't big in Nigeria yet.
I wish you success in ur academic pursuits. let me know anytime I can be of help. #wefriendsnow
dont worry, u guys are gonna grow big cheesy thanks hun. Have a nice nyt!
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by AriDsexy(f): 7:31pm On Oct 11, 2014
bosun11:

Well my opinion though...relationship is different from courtship,hope you know or what do do you think ?
6months\1year.
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by samuelnwankwo: 8:03pm On Oct 11, 2014
It really depends on what the parties involved want,whether they want to marry because they are old enough and want to avoid preasure from families and friends or really want to marry to enjoy it as was designed originally by God. But most importantly, the parties must be critically observant and committed to paced growth of the relationship and the possible transmutation into an ideal marriage. Ask for ,the number of years the should last is not a serious factor but at least two years depending on the respective ages of the parties involved.
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by AriDsexy(f): 8:20pm On Oct 11, 2014
Emma8043:
Lol,I couldn't understand it myself.
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by Bola4mi(f): 8:25pm On Oct 11, 2014
Its not the time that matters,its choosing the right person,pray very hard before settling down with any body,so dat a journey of 2years will not become a journey of 10years.i av spoken
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by deegnity22: 8:37pm On Oct 11, 2014
The thing is, dating for donkey years doesn't guarantee that you will know everything about your partner, you can never finish knowing a person. I believe once you know what you are looking for and you have found it in your partner, why wait for long before tying the knot. Who knows, that wealth you are looking for might actually be tied to the two of you becoming one.

1 Like

Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by Nobody: 10:23pm On Oct 11, 2014
EroticAngelina:
it depends on both parties. for some ladies, finding the right guy can be hard, and we want to wait for the right age to marry... while the guys have to be settled down financially and must meet the right woman to take down the aisle. some relationships may last for three years, some six, some even 8yrs and they are ready to marry. a guy might be ready to marry, but his gf ain't ready yet, and vice versa. sometimes both are ready, but the man is not yet stable financially.

marriage is not a rush rush thing, its something u settle down and discuss with Ur partner.. coz this is a lifetime commitment. you guys are coming together to be one smiley but from my observations, a relationship that lasts for three or more years before diving into marriage lasts longer than a marriage that was rushed into with just one year or lesser relationships.

but then again, u might get dissappointed in a three years relationship, coz the Ur partner can leave u for someone else after all these years sad I wouldn't want that to happen to me or anyone else. that's why I have more than one bf, so that if one dissapoints me, I got backups wink wink (okay, I'm kidding. I'm a faithful lover grin )
eroti..c eroti..c na u again,how na,how is everything?
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by justmag(m): 2:14am On Oct 12, 2014
frankii:
Hi everyone?

Most people rush and get married to feel accomplished in life. Marriage is not an accomplishment, it is a commitment! NO man should even consider ring searching until they see the reflection of wifey material in a woman. If it take you ten years then so be it!! Like they say, "It's better to lose a lover than to love a loser! "

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Lady Is Searching For A Baby Daddy On Twitter As Her Biological Clock Is Ticking / Nigeria Ranked Most Sexually Satisfied Country In The World / He Wants To Quit From His Marriage Because Of These Reasons...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.