Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,048 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:23 AM

How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? (49772 Views)

How Long Should A Guy Woo A Girl Before Giving Up? / Personal Space Makes A Relationship Last / How to Make a Relationship Last...? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by Nobody: 8:40pm On Oct 10, 2014
naijaboiy:

Even as you fine and shapy like this? shocked

Any man wey do that thing dey craze undecided
As I fine reach I gree but where my own beauty and package stop na there another person own start o. wink

Anyway I'm married sha.tongue grin
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by callme2dy(m): 8:44pm On Oct 10, 2014
not less than 6 months,to enable each other discover some good/bad characters of each other and decide if both can cope.....it is a serious business
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by naijaboiy: 8:44pm On Oct 10, 2014
MzMariah:
As I fine reach I gree but where my own beauty and package stop na there another person own start o. wink

Anyway I'm married sha.tongue grin
You too like dey do humble humble sha grin

And when did you get married

Hope no be spiritual husband shocked
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by lizzycutie(f): 8:47pm On Oct 10, 2014
For me max is 1yr cos u can never know a lady even for a hundred years same goes to the guy, the only thing in life dat is constant is CHANGE,
frankii:
Hi everyone?
I have come across people who met their spouse and under two weeks they were pulling marriage strings, and i've seen others who after like 6 years they finally tied the not. From experience i don't think a working man should have a steady relationship that will last for more than say 8months, because before then you are either preparing for marriage (searching for someone to settle down with), and also searching for the right partner (and not screwing around with every babe). So what do you guys think should be the appropriate length of courtship?
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by Nobody: 8:47pm On Oct 10, 2014
naijaboiy:

You too like dey do humble humble sha grin

And when did you get married

Hope no be spiritual husband shocked
I'm married to the Lord. wink

He is so cute. grin
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by mondob2k(m): 8:50pm On Oct 10, 2014
michaelwestern:
minimum of 5years

Seriously? what of a lady or even a guy that is 35 yrs? can he court for 5yrs? that one no work jare
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by 1stola: 8:50pm On Oct 10, 2014
iceberylin:
QÚĔŚŤĨŐŃ ŦŐŔ ŤĤĔ ĞŐĎŚ undecided
Your noticemeoridie business don dey sell well this days o grin

Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by naijaboiy: 8:50pm On Oct 10, 2014
MzMariah:
I'm married to the Lord. wink

He is so cute. grin
Hian

*checks Bible*

There is no place they used that word to describe jesus o tongue
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by iceberylin(m): 8:52pm On Oct 10, 2014
1stola:

Your noticemeoridie business don dey sell well this days o grin
ÁĹĹ ŤĤÁŃĶŚ ŤŐ ĴÁĤ grin
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by Nobody: 8:55pm On Oct 10, 2014
naijaboiy:

Hian

*checks Bible*

There is no place they used that word to describe jesus o tongue
Hehehehehe. You haff come o. cheesy

1 Like

Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by 1one: 8:58pm On Oct 10, 2014
STENON:
Owkay. pls If my "absolutely" statemnt gt you angry, pls I'm very sorry for that.

According to what you wrote above " A lady is always ready for marriage". Please kindly explain How and why?

Ohh come on... angry ke

Did I have an angry tone?.

This was how I was when I was typing it o...

"gringringrin"

Anyways... Let me try to explain as clearly as possible... It might be long sha, but you asked for it grin... So don't sleep off while reading..

In this part of the world, in fact in most parts of the world, it's the guy that marries the girl, and by that I mean, he's the one that proposes, it's his name the woman bears, it's his house The woman comes to when she leaves, in most or many cases, her father's house.

A guy is required many times to pay her bride price, buy this, buy that, and in some extreme cases of lack, he may even be the one to take care of her family and siblings... So you see for a guy who sees all this "duties" and "tasks" ahead of him...Marriage is something he has to commitedly and dedicatedly plan for... He can't just be carried away by intoxicating feelings of love and adoration for his wife to be... He also has to consider his very very material and financial responsibility.

Now that said... Looking at all what the typical guy has to plan for and consider before he gets married and placing that side by side with "what a lady has to consider and plan for" before she gets married... The lady is always ready.. Because she doesnt really do "anything"... even if she wants to do, she's not expected to... She's like the proverbial flower that's in the garden just growing and blooming and waiting to be plucked.

An 18 year old girl can get married, whether she's in school, and jobless, she can still get married because she doesn't have to have a house, a car or even an income, after all it's the man who's getting married to her, so the financial and material burden or weight of the wedding and marriage to an extent would not be on her... It's on the guy... In essence whether or not she's broke, jobless and uneducated with little or no achievement she can always be ready to be "married away"... Such ofcourse is not the case for a guy.

If an 18 year old guy even wants to get married he must still have put a financial construct in place that would support the marriage.

Some days back there was a thread about a 19year old girl, an undergraduate, who wanted us to advice her on whether to get married or not to her boyfriend... Do you think the guy would have had the guts to propose if he didn't have the means to financially maintain a family?
I guess not.

So you see... Generically, A lady is always ready for marriage

And so that it doesn't seem I'm angry.... Take these...gringringrin

and this..... tonguetonguetongue

1 Like

Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by Nobody: 9:02pm On Oct 10, 2014
2 months, 3 months, 1 year, 2 years is not enough to know som1, it takes a life time to know someone. Now do u want to date for a life time before u finally get to knw the person u want to get married to? NO! What is the solution? You define your relationship, whr its going, what's expected etc, if the guy or girl can't seem to agree with your terms on the spot then u should know dat person aint fit for u. You don't av to be in several relationships before you find that one person to get married to.

1 Like

Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by 1stola: 9:04pm On Oct 10, 2014
iceberylin:

ÁĹĹ ŤĤÁŃĶŚ ŤŐ ĴÁĤ grin
grin
nothing do u my guy cheesy

1 Like

Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by iceberylin(m): 9:06pm On Oct 10, 2014
1stola:

grin
nothing do u my guy cheesy
247,e ŃŐ ŔĔÁČĤ ĹĨĶĔ ŤĤÁŤ ĹÁ

1 Like

Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by Nobody: 9:09pm On Oct 10, 2014
Not how far, but how well.
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by smartn09(m): 9:13pm On Oct 10, 2014
@op little things changes females mind, hurry up now....b4 others will take her by force no time to waste .....rush now or else......
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by myhero4eva: 9:15pm On Oct 10, 2014
I think an ideal relationship should last btw 6months to 1yr or 1yr and 6months...
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by realteflon(m): 9:18pm On Oct 10, 2014
6months highest
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by alexleo(m): 9:19pm On Oct 10, 2014
frankii:
Hi everyone?
I have come across people who met their spouse and under two weeks they were pulling marriage strings, and i've seen others who after like 6 years they finally tied the not. From experience i don't think a working man should have a steady relationship that will last for more than say 8months, because before then you are either preparing for marriage (searching for someone to settle down with), and also searching for the right partner (and not screwing around with every babe). So what do you guys think should be the appropriate length of courtship?

I pity that lady that will be in a relationship for over one year with no serious moves about marriage from the man and she still remains there. NONSENSE RELATIONSHIP.
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by CzarChris(m): 9:22pm On Oct 10, 2014
Truth be told, any responsible man that is ready to get married, knows that he is ready. If he meets that lady that he wants to marry he will just know instinctively that she's the one without any long protocol and he can even marry her within 24hrs and damn the consequences that's just it.
Personal example the day I met my fiancee I just knew that it was her I could have married her within the week I met her(this is coming from a career playboy) if not for some family resistance I'm working on right now.
My point? You just know when you meet the right person. There is no laid down timeframe.

EDITED:
Guys make una no kill me, but the truth just have to be told. Ladies, I don't understand how some of you guys think. Your dating a guy whose dress sense, lifestyle, speech, orientation, infact everything about him smacks of immaturity and you're expecting to hear wedding bells within a year? SMH4U. Then you need the cele type of deliverance. He will use you to learn maturity and then drop you like a bad habit.
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by naughtylagosguy(m): 9:30pm On Oct 10, 2014
nerodenero:
After all, you aint naughty grin

Is this supposed to be funny? undecided
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by Nobody: 9:31pm On Oct 10, 2014
When you accept the fact that you will see that face everyday for the rest if your life and you won't get tired of it.
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by date1816: 9:42pm On Oct 10, 2014
Agbaosi Sevezun Gloria
Thurs · BlackBerry ·
I just got home now and I open the polythene bag Ibrahim gave me as my Sallah gift.
Come and see five huge chunks of nama(meat) plus cup cakes nah..
This cake is tasty walahi!

I always don't get the exact size of my jeans because of my bumbum.
If the hips are my size,the length will be long and I'll need a good tailor to get it right.
I called Nura and he took me to some guys that can adjust anything adjustable so teyy the 'oyinbo' wey sew am originally go confuse.
The place resemble 'agwan tailor'..All guys.
Over 20 of them.
All these young men are Hausas and Moslems.

I didn't feel any threat as I sat there and Mohammed did wonders to my jeans.

So,tomorrow now,someone will tell me we are enemies because of religion and tribe abi?
God punish devil.
I'm enjoying the sallah meat Ibrahim gave me as I type this.
Did I forget to tell you I got two cans of maltina from him as well?

Life is good jare.

G.S Agbaosi(c),2014.
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by AriDsexy(f): 9:44pm On Oct 10, 2014
bosun11:
3 Years...
Lol,are u for real? grin
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by ELndagi: 10:12pm On Oct 10, 2014
2 to 3 years is ok, anytin beyond is "Be carefull"
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by STENON(f): 10:12pm On Oct 10, 2014
[quote
author=1one post=27034170]
[/quote] Well spoken and written. I nw understnd your points better. Looking at what is happening in our communities and the outcome of over-dependence, not fully preparation of Ladies before going into marriage that eventually Lead to Future calamities in various Homes, Disrespect of the Lady among the family members(Inlaws) and broken relationship in the Home, I dnt and I cnt advice anyone to go for such.
A reasonable and responsible Lady should have/think, of achieving something worthwhile, tangible and Presentable both financially, Physically, Cognitively, Academically, etc, and apart frm depending on the Husband Status for the maintenance of Future Family.

Not even nowadays that Male Lifespan is very short,and People are dying like chicken, what will now be the situation of the Lady if the husband has (God forbid) Untimely Death?

* It is good to think Positively and sometimes, Negatively before embarking on an everlasting Journey of marriage*
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by Nobody: 10:23pm On Oct 10, 2014
faceURfront:
As long as it takes d guy to reach dat state of mind where,

1. His idea of chilling is being home wit d wife and possibly kids bonding and not with his niggis at some club drinking alcohol and eying "hot" babes.

2. His babe starts looking beautiful to him and not hot

I love these two points so much. *Thumb up*

1 Like

Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by abbeysexy: 10:33pm On Oct 10, 2014
I feel a min of a year nd max of 3yrs is º°˚°ºkǻƔ.so dat both parties wuld hav had opportunity of having a clue of hw both families r stuctured n bhav.its nt just marring ur partner,bt there familys r equally of paramount important.
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by promisingstar(f): 10:33pm On Oct 10, 2014
As d spirit leads kiss
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by wamenzy(f): 10:40pm On Oct 10, 2014
For me I feel dere is no particular year...dating may last for 3, months or even years.... it depends on d people involved......d guy mite be financially down or d gal mite b waiting for one tin or d oda...d most imp tin is not how long u stay in a relationship b4 marriage but how it turns out after marriage
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by Johnnoo(m): 10:45pm On Oct 10, 2014
KiddaBlingzz:
As long as you can wait.
I could meet a lady today and with her consent marry her the next

Fantasy undecided
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by 1one: 10:48pm On Oct 10, 2014
STENON:
Well spoken and written. I nw understnd your points better. Looking at what is happening in our communities and the outcome of over-dependence, not fully preparation of Ladies before going into marriage that eventually Lead to Future calamities in various Homes, Disrespect of the Lady among the family members(Inlaws) and broken relationship in the Home, I dnt and I cnt advice anyone to go for such.
A reasonable and responsible Lady should have/think, of achieving something worthwhile, tangible and Presentable both financially, Physically, Cognitively, Academically, etc, and apart frm depending on the Husband Status for the maintenance of Future Family.

Not even nowadays that Male Lifespan is very short,and People are dying like chicken, what will now be the situation of the Lady if the husband has (God forbid) Untimely Death?

* It is good to think Positively and sometimes, Negatively before embarking on an everlasting Journey of marriage*

Loool....who told you that one..gringrin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Lady Is Searching For A Baby Daddy On Twitter As Her Biological Clock Is Ticking / Nigeria Ranked Most Sexually Satisfied Country In The World / He Wants To Quit From His Marriage Because Of These Reasons...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.