Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,888 members, 7,814,007 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:35 AM

How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? (49769 Views)

How Long Should A Guy Woo A Girl Before Giving Up? / Personal Space Makes A Relationship Last / How to Make a Relationship Last...? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by STENON(f): 10:50pm On Oct 10, 2014
1one:

Loool....who told you that one..gringrin
Do you knw how many widows we have in a state?
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by 1one: 10:56pm On Oct 10, 2014
STENON:
Do you knw how many widows we have in a state?

A particular state?

Or

A you're referring to all states in Nigeria
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by STENON(f): 10:59pm On Oct 10, 2014
1one:

A particular state?

Or

A you're referring to all states in Nigeria
Both in One state and In all the States in Nigeria....
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by 1one: 11:08pm On Oct 10, 2014
STENON:
Both in One state and In all the States in Nigeria....

Well I don't think there's a high rise of widows generally in Nigeria... If you're talking about a particular state, then I may agree, maybe 70 percent, because it wouldn't be in the whole state, it may just be happening in random pockets across the state especially in rural areas where maybe health care and ignorance constantly don't see eye to eye.
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by STENON(f): 11:12pm On Oct 10, 2014
[quote
author=1one post=27038551]

Well I don't think there's a high rise of widows generally in Nigeria...
If you're talking about a particular state, then I may agree, maybe 70
percent, because it wouldn't be in the whole state, it may be just be
happening in random pockets across the state especially in rural areas
where maybe health care and ignorance constantly don't see eye to
eye.[/quote] Owkay, Tnx so much for today Explanation and Responses. I really Appreciate that.

Remain Blessed.
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by starlingbawa(m): 11:13pm On Oct 10, 2014
A lot of factors come into play from financial to religious differences. from ethnic background to family preferences.

Besides, should there be a time frame?
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by 1one: 11:28pm On Oct 10, 2014
STENON:
Owkay, Tnx so much for today Explanation and Responses. I really Appreciate that.

Remain Blessed.

You too. cool
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by Deepfreezer(m): 11:35pm On Oct 10, 2014
EroticAngelina:
it depends on both parties. for some ladies, finding the right guy can be hard, and we want to wait for the right age to marry... while the guys have to be settled down financially and must meet the right woman to take down the aisle. some relationships may last for three years, some six, some even 8yrs and they are ready to marry. a guy might be ready to marry, but his gf ain't ready yet, and vice versa. sometimes both are ready, but the man is not yet stable financially.

marriage is not a rush rush thing, its something u settle down and discuss with Ur partner.. coz this is a lifetime commitment. you guys are coming together to be one smiley but from my observations, a relationship that lasts for three or more years before diving into marriage lasts longer than a marriage that was rushed into with just one year or lesser relationships.

but then again, u might get dissappointed in a three years relationship, coz the Ur partner can leave u for someone else after all these years sad I wouldn't want that to happen to me or anyone else. that's why I have more than one bf, so that if one dissapoints me, I got backups wink wink (okay, I'm kidding. I'm a faithful lover grin )
I can see it in ur eyes. gurls between the ages of 18 to 24 can be very promiscous.
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by trendiitee(f): 11:44pm On Oct 10, 2014
faceURfront:
As long as it takes d guy to reach dat state of mind where,

1. His idea of chilling is being home wit d wife and possibly kids bonding and not with his niggis at some club drinking alcohol and eying "hot" babes.

2. His babe starts looking beautiful to him and not hot

3. A bawling child prompts him to wanna pet and cajole d child instead of bolting away from d vicinity.

4. Etc

5. Etc
Ur points just made my night...God bless u

1 Like

Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by drealtruth(m): 11:45pm On Oct 10, 2014
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by fightforchange1(f): 1:04am On Oct 11, 2014
There's no set time.....it depends on the couple.....
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by agarawu23(m): 3:50am On Oct 11, 2014
obongproff:

bros dis ur yan funny sha. Doe d tin make sense join sha.
bro, no b small thing
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by Dandified(m): 5:18am On Oct 11, 2014
that's nt d kinda tin u shud be sayin in public....share it amongst ur family members frndz and well wishers
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by toniatt(f): 5:23am On Oct 11, 2014
Dat guy dat says story for d gods u b mumu if u dont hv n ans keep ur mouth shut
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by Nobody: 5:43am On Oct 11, 2014
EroticAngelina:
it depends on both parties. for some ladies, finding the right guy can be hard, and we want to wait for the right age to marry... while the guys have to be settled down financially and must meet the right woman to take down the aisle. some relationships may last for three years, some six, some even 8yrs and they are ready to marry. a guy might be ready to marry, but his gf ain't ready yet, and vice versa. sometimes both are ready, but the man is not yet stable financially.

marriage is not a rush rush thing, its something u settle down and discuss with Ur partner.. coz this is a lifetime commitment. you guys are coming together to be one smiley but from my observations, a relationship that lasts for three or more years before diving into marriage lasts longer than a marriage that was rushed into with just one year or lesser relationships.

but then again, u might get dissappointed in a three years relationship, coz the Ur partner can leave u for someone else after all these years sad I wouldn't want that to happen to me or anyone else. that's why I have more than one bf, so that if one dissapoints me, I got backups wink wink (okay, I'm kidding. I'm a faithful lover grin )
Pls can I have either ur BB pin or ur phone number. I want to join ur LONG LIST of boyfriends
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by Nobody: 6:03am On Oct 11, 2014
Deepfreezer:
I can see it in ur eyes. gurls between the ages of 18 to 24 can be very promiscous.
I'm not even up to 18yrz old undecided
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by Nobody: 6:03am On Oct 11, 2014
idrissurajudeen:
Pls can I have either ur BB pin or ur phone number. I want to join ur LONG LIST of boyfriends
lolz, are u rich?
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by goodiano(m): 6:28am On Oct 11, 2014
I tink it depends on so many factors!
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by Nobody: 6:37am On Oct 11, 2014
ayusco85:
grin
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by zinny2049: 7:11am On Oct 11, 2014
I cannot meet a guy date him for 8mnths and marry him ooo maximum 2yrs marriage no be beans u have to check family background and be sure u want to settle down
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by Nobody: 7:27am On Oct 11, 2014
EroticAngelina:
lolz, are u rich?
Sure nw. At least I can buy u #100 recharge card grin
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by poshlicia(f): 7:43am On Oct 11, 2014
U dont have to date too long as long as u can learn to understand each other and co exist. Maximum 6mnths of close nt distant relationship
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by Nobody: 7:51am On Oct 11, 2014
idrissurajudeen:
Sure nw. At least I can buy u #100 recharge card grin
lols, hmm, then u r not rich tongue a rich guy must be able to buy me 1000 airtime cool
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by hakon: 8:04am On Oct 11, 2014
Relationship can last as long as possible before marriage until both parties are able to ask the question ™what do you want in this relationship?™ the answer determines when the marriage will follow. The marriage comes faster when there is no sex during the courtship
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by hakon: 8:12am On Oct 11, 2014
zinny2049:
I cannot meet a guy date him for 8mnths and marry him ooo maximum 2yrs marriage no be beans u have to check family background and be sure u want to settle down

If after two years and u are not okay with that guy will u wait another 2 years with another one. And after like six relationships of 2 years trial how old would you be?
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by TonYzeallY(m): 8:45am On Oct 11, 2014
matiandu:
10 years is ok grin or you both date till death do you part
Hehehehe...my friend n him gal stil de Date after 4 shildren...Date na Date, notin like expiRe Date
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by trendiitee(f): 8:54am On Oct 11, 2014
hakon:

If after two years and u are not okay with that guy will u wait another 2 years with another one. And after like six relationships of 2 years trial how old would you be?
hmmmm,,food for thought..u re very correct.
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by Nobody: 9:38am On Oct 11, 2014
cheesy

Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by Surely001(m): 9:41am On Oct 11, 2014
Marriage is not a palm wine that u can decided to taste b4 buying. Look well b4 saying "Yes I Do"
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by manyke: 9:45am On Oct 11, 2014
frankii:
Hi everyone?
I have come across people who met their spouse and under two weeks they were pulling marriage strings, and i've seen others who after like 6 years they finally tied the not. From experience i don't think a working man should have a steady relationship that will last for more than say 8months, because before then you are either preparing for marriage (searching for someone to settle down with), and also searching for the right partner (and not screwing around with every babe). So what do you guys think should be the appropriate length of courtship?
Tell u wat,dia is no tym limit.Just luk out 4 the follwn characters b4 u go ahead ,1,A God fearn person, 2.Hw homely is she? 3.Unassuming, 4.Accommodating? 5.Have it in mind dat no human is perfect,so b ready 2 accommodate alot of 'shit' urself,den be prayerful, remain blessed.

1 Like

Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by Surely001(m): 9:45am On Oct 11, 2014
constance500:
50 years cheesy

Senior MAN, dem no say annivasary ooo.. Lols
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by Deepfreezer(m): 9:47am On Oct 11, 2014
EroticAngelina:
I'm not even up to 18yrz old undecided
be serious for once. yo got heavy threads rite there, for someone less than 18yrs. especially the last one.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Lady Is Searching For A Baby Daddy On Twitter As Her Biological Clock Is Ticking / Nigeria Ranked Most Sexually Satisfied Country In The World / He Wants To Quit From His Marriage Because Of These Reasons...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.