Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,876 members, 7,813,988 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:30 PM

How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? (49767 Views)

How Long Should A Guy Woo A Girl Before Giving Up? / Personal Space Makes A Relationship Last / How to Make a Relationship Last...? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by Ethicaliyke(m): 5:47pm On Oct 10, 2014
Love is not automatic rather u grow it.........grooming a relationship is different from hunting or lusting after nwa-babe, Time is tied to ur state of mind; be casual and hamless @first and try to be urselves. If u guys are compactible, ur inner- man will communicate each other. U must be prepared.

1 Like

Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by kurt09(m): 5:47pm On Oct 10, 2014
It depends on the type of wife you want to marry. Like in University, some course will take you 4yrs while others 5 ,6yrs etc. Lol

*A virtuous woman(Scarce commodity) -6 months to 3yrs.

* Blackberry Woman(Pinging wife)- 2weeks - 3months

* Chinese Woman(Celebrity Type) 1week to 2months but they doesn't last(Google nollywood actress for more info.)

Oji oso agbakwuru ogu amaghi na ogu bu Onwu.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by frankii(m): 5:49pm On Oct 10, 2014
I hear you guys, but the truth is; women tend to get tired of waiting after a long while. So guys put the women in the picture. You are working guy, and say you earn not too badly, and have worked for like 3 years dating same girl at that point. Are u gonna tell me she wont start asking you, bros when are we gonna start this marriage plans? Lets be fair, women will always push for it after some time, especially when they feel you should have saved a bit; plus when she also works (she can help).
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by AmNotDrunk(m): 5:49pm On Oct 10, 2014
Is it me or did anyone noticed that
Tie the knot

has officially changed to

tie the not?

3 Likes

Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by Nobody: 5:49pm On Oct 10, 2014
A day is enough, tomorrow might be too late grin

1 Like

Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by 007gal(f): 5:50pm On Oct 10, 2014
matiandu:
10 years is ok grin or you both date till death do you part

You no well o.. grin but really it should not be a very long affair if the both of you are well matured and ready, six months should be just right to know if you want to spend your life with this person or now.
If the there are young couples, then about a year .. all depends on the circumstances .. college, unemployment, age.. e.tc
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by Lywiled: 5:50pm On Oct 10, 2014
andromida:
It depends on the people involved and the stage at which they are in life mentally,spiritually and other aspects of their lives.

Nice!

Well said.
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by slap1(m): 5:51pm On Oct 10, 2014
If you love her enough without money, it should last till you get money (if she'll wait). If you have money but don't love her enough, then it should last till you love her enough.

2 Likes

Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by 2rutalk1: 5:52pm On Oct 10, 2014
After 9 months of dating

2 Likes

Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by cannonnier(m): 5:52pm On Oct 10, 2014
slap1:
If you love her enough without money, it should last till you get money (if she'll wait). If you have money but don't love her enough, then it should last till you love her enough.

Well said.
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by MNDY(m): 5:53pm On Oct 10, 2014
KiddaBlingzz:
As long as you can wait.

I could meet a lady today and with her consent marry her the next

And what happens to the compatibility study of each other which should run over a period of time?
For me, we must spend years studying each other! No one is perfect but there are certain traits which one can tolerate and others which one can't tolerate!
The exact time-frame cannot be fixed! Meanwhile, I will advise a thorough study of each other!

1 Like

Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by frankii(m): 5:53pm On Oct 10, 2014
Abduletudaye:
So this tin reach FP sha.. Oya OP, you have bribed the MOD.. grin

No ooooo! MOD is a very appreciative person. Post something really nice which is matured, and it will get to front page i believe. grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by Nobody: 5:55pm On Oct 10, 2014
When we can look at each other's financial statement and not run to the hills grin grin angry cool
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by Nobody: 5:58pm On Oct 10, 2014
DNDROID:

How come you say u get ladies in plural to agree to marry you on a daily basis?
jazz grin cool

1 Like

Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by 100Cents: 5:58pm On Oct 10, 2014
Like 10 years..

Of slow and steady. U know ?
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by suptol(m): 6:01pm On Oct 10, 2014
For your satisfied, classical graphic designs, kindly contact Suptol Designs. A brand for the job.

Below is a link to his portfolio and contact details.

https://www.nairaland.com/1841535/suptol-designs-portfolio
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by zikaengee(f): 6:03pm On Oct 10, 2014
No particular duration, it all depends on when
the two people involved decide to take it to the
next level. What works for you might not work
for the next man

1 Like

Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by nhiyo(m): 6:05pm On Oct 10, 2014
If you like spend 1 day, if you like spend 100 years, you can never stop knowing someone.

A good person today can become a bad person tomorrow.

Na change sure pass! tongue embarassed

2 Likes

Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by Nobody: 6:06pm On Oct 10, 2014
frankii:
Hi everyone?
I have come across people who met their spouse and under two weeks they were pulling marriage strings, and i've seen others who after like 6 years they finally tied the not. From experience i don't think a working man should have a steady relationship that will last for more than say 8months, because before then you are either preparing for marriage (searching for someone to settle down with), and also searching for the right partner (and not screwing around with every babe). So what do you guys think should be the appropriate length of courtship?

There should be no timing. Both party should live in the moment.
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by agarawu23(m): 6:06pm On Oct 10, 2014
ChrisOkafor87:
depends on d area u are judging it from, which includes Moral, religion and otherwise. In Christian teaching, Catholic for instance only six months of courtship is allowed. So d word "dating, engagement and so called fiance and fiancee at times a deceiption especially on the Woman' side, they are the one that will endure the Heart attack or so called Heart break. So for me Six months enough to study ur selves and find out the major characters that u can or cannot withstand
that you not me. dont bring catholic way here, u can go to religion forum to tell dem dat.
dis is a general question and we av to judge it within wats happening dis days and within our environment.
as for me, I cant date a gal for 6 month and gt married to her. thanks
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by Sixix: 6:06pm On Oct 10, 2014
Forever
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by Nobody: 6:07pm On Oct 10, 2014
If you see someone you like, tell ur pastor and his/ her consent will be sought. Thereafter 3 months of courting supervised by a church brother and sister...then the rigorous 4 months marriage course and that's it.

It takes a minimum of 4-6 months to marry in the Lord's supervision and a maximum of a year but the worldly practice can take forever...grin

Anything you are doing outside of this detail, na Satan dey supervise una grin

4 Likes

Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by Orikinla(m): 6:08pm On Oct 10, 2014
When it comes to marriage, you can never say.
If you rush into marriage, you may rush out of it.

It is better to have a long courtship and long marriage than to have a short courtship and short marriage.

You hear of divorces where couples say they are ending their marriage due to irreconcilable differences, which to me is foolish, because your so called "irreconcilable differences" should have been identified before marriage and not afterwards.

Dating is not courtship.
Courtship will help you to define your companionship with the person you want to marry.

The journey of a life time takes a lot of planning to avoid the pitfalls.

1 Like

Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by Nobody: 6:09pm On Oct 10, 2014
Max 3yrs
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by Nobody: 6:16pm On Oct 10, 2014
There's nothing like an ideal age in sensitive issues like this, 2 years might be ideal for couple A but might be otherwise for Couple B

1 Like

Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by Pamcrest(f): 6:17pm On Oct 10, 2014
I keep saying it: there's no one-size-fits-all in relationship matters. Different strokes for different folks..the best I can say is a range of 2 to 5 years would be ideal so they both get to know each other very well because once u say "I do" u do it for life ooo.
My humble submission

1 Like

Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by ELGREF(m): 6:18pm On Oct 10, 2014
Maximum 6 month, minimum 1 month, others things is a game

2 Likes

Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by kazmanbanjoko(m): 6:21pm On Oct 10, 2014
question for the gamers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by Muzikluva(m): 6:25pm On Oct 10, 2014
akira1991:
3 hours
Pliz reduce yur weed or alcohol consumption! wink
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by ELGREF(m): 6:26pm On Oct 10, 2014
EroticAngelina:
it depends on both parties. for some ladies, finding the right guy can be hard, and we want to wait for the right age to marry... while the guys have to be settled down financially and must meet the right woman to take down the aisle. some relationships may last for three years, some six, some even 8yrs and they are ready to marry. a guy might be ready to marry, but his gf ain't ready yet, and vice versa. sometimes both are ready, but the man is not yet stable financially.

marriage is not a rush rush thing, its something u settle down and discuss with Ur partner.. coz this is a lifetime commitment. you guys are coming together to be one smiley but from my observations, a relationship that lasts for three or more years before diving into marriage lasts longer than a marriage that was rushed into with just one year or lesser relationships.

but then again, u might get dissappointed in a three years relationship, coz the Ur partner can leave u for someone else after all these years sad I wouldn't want that to happen to me or anyone else. that's why I have more than one bf, so that if one dissapoints me, I got backups wink wink (okay, I'm kidding. I'm a faithful lover grin )
so you double date? You need jesus
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by Nobody: 6:28pm On Oct 10, 2014
ELGREF:
so you double date? You need jesus
jeez, I said I was kidding

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Lady Is Searching For A Baby Daddy On Twitter As Her Biological Clock Is Ticking / Nigeria Ranked Most Sexually Satisfied Country In The World / He Wants To Quit From His Marriage Because Of These Reasons...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.