Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,019 members, 7,814,482 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:33 PM

How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? (49774 Views)

How Long Should A Guy Woo A Girl Before Giving Up? / Personal Space Makes A Relationship Last / How to Make a Relationship Last...? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by dare2think: 5:34pm On Oct 10, 2014
The very moment you start applying time factor to a life-long issue, you are preparing yourself for disaster.

That being said, the man must consider the age of the woman in courtship and not waste each other's time.

Their biological clock does matter.

2 Likes

Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by ifymusa(f): 5:34pm On Oct 10, 2014
If e pass 1year I no see any commitment hmmmm 2years I no do again no time to waste. Wait wen u re ready and mature than u can start a relationship
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by blemon44(m): 5:35pm On Oct 10, 2014
Till eternity!
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by Nobody: 5:35pm On Oct 10, 2014
nairaland and thier update grin grin grin
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by Sunnycliff(m): 5:36pm On Oct 10, 2014
Though a subjective question, I believe 6-9 months if The guy is financially stable and has a good Accomodation! And he has found enough of what he expects on an ideal spouse having psychologically and socially prepared for The nuptial knot! personally am an advocate of friendship love before marriage!! As long as The friendship love is built u can go ahead to The altar!!

3 Likes

Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by sparklie(f): 5:36pm On Oct 10, 2014
michaelwestern:
minimum of 5years

Be it unto thee according to thy faith!
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by Desmondium(m): 5:36pm On Oct 10, 2014
Till thy kingdom comes
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by M4gunners: 5:36pm On Oct 10, 2014
10 years if She it nigerian,then a year if She is a white European or American.
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by eleko1: 5:36pm On Oct 10, 2014
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by tigonana: 5:37pm On Oct 10, 2014
agarawu23:
marriage depends on the pocket of a guy.

before u think of getting married, are u sure u r financial okay? and u are old enuf to cope wit stupidity of ladies.

you and your partner will decide when to tie d not. dating for so long doesnt mats which is the best because u guys are used to each other.

how will u marry a gal u met within 2 weeks? hope u knw drink 'alomo'? no wander many marriages dont last.

as for me I am not done to get married cos I gat to have my own house n a nice organization of mine. Abi na one room wey u dey for face me I face u you wan marry put
long dream!!!
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by Nobody: 5:37pm On Oct 10, 2014
100yrs, sincerely speaking.
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by Nobody: 5:37pm On Oct 10, 2014
DNDROID:
how many times have you been married dude? cool
once cool
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by hensben(m): 5:37pm On Oct 10, 2014
6 years is okay
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by eleko1: 5:38pm On Oct 10, 2014
coolPatapata, 3 mnts shud be ok.
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by odi252: 5:38pm On Oct 10, 2014
How long can the lady wait ? .....4 , 14 , yrs ? grin grin
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by luvly101: 5:38pm On Oct 10, 2014
ideally, 6 months to 2 years.
but, due to some unforeseen situations, the years can get lengthened.

2 Likes

Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by usmanbaba(m): 5:39pm On Oct 10, 2014
Long courtship short courtship doesn't matter, the main issue here is the understanding of the two party.
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by erasergozy: 5:41pm On Oct 10, 2014
As long as there is the you're comfortable with your status.

Mod!!! What is she doing here Front page!!!
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by agarawu23(m): 5:42pm On Oct 10, 2014
tigonana:
long dream!!!
propose to the wrong gal den
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by vacant06(m): 5:42pm On Oct 10, 2014
True love don't have time date or year when the appropriate time comes it will be possible, is just the understanding and preparation of both partners
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by Nobody: 5:42pm On Oct 10, 2014
It depends on the individuals involved and their level of maturity physically,financially,mentally,morally,spiritually,etc.

1 Like

Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by chineloSA(f): 5:42pm On Oct 10, 2014
I don't think the time frame matters but the quality of the relationship that matters. I have seen people who dated 5-10yrs yet still divorce.

Some people date longer and still don't know each and cannot tolerate each other.

My mama used to say, " It takes a man less than 6 months to know if they want you as a wife or not.

One can keep long relationships and yet they don't last, after getting married.
And sometimes those who are extra careful in choosing partners normally end up with the worst choices.

My take is, follow your heart and your head, and not time frame pre-defined by societies.

1 Like

Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by Abduletudaye(m): 5:42pm On Oct 10, 2014
So this tin reach FP sha.. Oya OP, you have bribed the MOD.. grin
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by AmNotDrunk(m): 5:43pm On Oct 10, 2014
constance500:
50 years cheesy
It think 27 years is more realistic.

cool
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by adunniadey(f): 5:43pm On Oct 10, 2014
[/quote][quote author=agarawu23 post=27029495]marriage depends on the pocket of a guy.

before u think of getting married, are u sure u r financial okay? and u are old enuf to cope wit stupidity of ladies.

you and your partner will decide when to tie d not. dating for so long doesnt mats which is the best because u guys are used to each other.

how will u marry a gal u met within 2 weeks? hope u knw drink 'alomo'? no wander many marriages dont last.

as for me I am not done to get married cos I gat to have my own house n a nice organization of mine. Abi na one room wey u dey for face me I face u you wan marry put
[/color][color=#990000]nigga not serious
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by Nobody: 5:43pm On Oct 10, 2014
If you mean the number of 'years' then I think the time both couple meets decides that. Taking 2 example as a case study
1) if both the guy and lady met in their early university life, there is a tendency that the wedding will not occur until both of them are out of school and doing fine financially and mentally, no matter how serious both of them are this type of relationship will last over 6/7 years bfr any marriage proposal. I know a big sister that dated her now husband for more than 9years simply because they both met in their pre-degree days.
2) a case where matured man and a lady met when both of them are through with their service year and also working, here they might date for less than 2years or a bit more. bfr the proposal, that is if they are both serious about it. An example is my brother that just married his wife after less than 2 years courtship/dating.
This is Nigeria, if you think your undergraduate boyfrnd will propose after 3years dating then you are decieving yourself.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by DNDROID(m): 5:44pm On Oct 10, 2014
KiddaBlingzz:
once cool
How come you say u get ladies in plural to agree to marry you on a daily basis?
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by agarawu23(m): 5:45pm On Oct 10, 2014
adunniadey:
[/color][color=#990000]nigga not serious
undecided
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by Nobody: 5:45pm On Oct 10, 2014
it depends on both parties.
Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by vacant06(m): 5:46pm On Oct 10, 2014
ifymusa:
If e pass 1year I no see any commitment hmmmm 2years I no do again no time to waste. Wait wen u re ready and mature than u can start a relationship
. U no if na wen u wan waka comot d bobo wan engage u.... be patience

1 Like

Re: How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? by ChrisOkafor87(m): 5:46pm On Oct 10, 2014
agarawu23:
marriage depends on the pocket of a guy.

depends on d area u are judging it from, which includes Moral, religion and otherwise. In Christian teaching, Catholic for instance only six months of courtship is allowed. So d word "dating, engagement and so called fiance and fiancee at times a deceiption especially on the Woman' side, they are the one that will endure the Heart attack or so called Heart break. So for me Six months enough to study ur selves and find out the major characters that u can or cannot withstand

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Lady Is Searching For A Baby Daddy On Twitter As Her Biological Clock Is Ticking / Nigeria Ranked Most Sexually Satisfied Country In The World / He Wants To Quit From His Marriage Because Of These Reasons...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.