Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,344 members, 7,819,218 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:53 PM

The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin (207722 Views)

Are You Married Or Preparing To? Biblical Verses That Will Strengthen You / >> FOR TITHES OR AGAINST TITHES:A BALANCED APPROACH << / Kenneth Hagin & Kenneth Copeland - Pentecostal Confusion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (103) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by christemmbassey(m): 8:19pm On Oct 23, 2014
Abraham did not pay tithe by faith, he was not expecting anything, rather (if i must say) it was Melchi who gave him bread and wine by faith, may be, when he (MELCHI) heard dat Abram was returning in victory, he said, let me run along and welcome him, pahaps he will give me tithe, i strongly disagree with Hagin position ö tithe, as far as I'm concern it is double speak and dishonesty of highest order. The question remains, why is it dat when Jesus was on earth he did NOT COLLECT TITHE, but sudenly developed hunger for tithe now dat he's in heaven? MELCHI collected his own tithe personally here on eath where he was able to use it, why is Jesus collecting his own tro questionable proxies? Isaac did not pay tithe, the children of Israel for 400yrs in Egvpt did not pay tithe, 40yr in d wilderness did not pay tithe, now even d modern jews do not pay/tithe, why should ' an Efik man from Calabar, Nigeria, a gentile pay tithe? TITHE IS THE BIGEST FRAUD IN HUMAN HISTORY! The fact that its been practiced by many ppl for centuries doe8 not make it right.

3 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by TheShopKeeper(m): 8:48pm On Oct 23, 2014
BabaGnoni:

$16,000 dog to PROTECT his wife, he said, SMH
You can take a man out of the ghetto,
but on some occasions, you can't take the ghetto-mentality out of the man

This is the 'money cometh' preacher

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JIhCyYIMTU
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by shdemidemi(m): 9:11pm On Oct 23, 2014
Then I said to him, "The next time you get your tithe envelope out, say, 'Lord, I'm doing this by faith. I'm giving for the purpose of keeping this local church going, which is benefiting the Body of Christ by helping people. I'm helping spread the Gospel so that people can be saved. Thank You, God, for making it possible for me to be part of Your work. I am giving in faith and expectancy to be blessed according to Your Word.'"
The long and short of all this is money and more money(thats all their brain transmits to every fiber of their being when they here blessing). See how them reduce their god to deaf and dumb who need him child to romance him ear before heaven go open. This their god must be really slow mehn.

2 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Goshen360(m): 9:12pm On Oct 23, 2014
@ Gombs,

I will show you from scriptures, the foolishness of this your tithe teaching adopted from Hagin. Stay alert! !!
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by mbaemeka(m): 9:34pm On Oct 23, 2014
christemmbassey:
Abraham did not pay tithe by faith, he was not expecting anything, rather (if i must say) it was Melchi who gave him bread and wine by faith, may be, when he (MELCHI) heard dat Abram was returning in victory, he said, let me run along and welcome him, pahaps he will give me tithe, i strongly disagree with Hagin position ö tithe, as far as I'm concern it is double speak and dishonesty of highest order. The question remains, why is it dat when Jesus was on earth he did NOT COLLECT TITHE, but sudenly developed hunger for tithe now dat he's in heaven? MELCHI collected his own tithe personally here on eath where he was able to use it, why is Jesus collecting his own tro questionable proxies? Isaac did not pay tithe, the children of Israel for 400yrs in Egvpt did not pay tithe, 40yr in d wilderness did not pay tithe, now even d modern jews do not pay/tithe, why should ' an Efik man from Calabar, Nigeria, a gentile pay tithe? TITHE IS THE BIGEST FRAUD IN HUMAN HISTORY! The fact that its been practiced by many ppl for centuries doe8 not make it right.

1. Jesus did not FUNCTION as a priest on earth. Jesus is now a high priest forever. Jesus paid tithes while on earth.
2. Melchizedek did not collect tithes "where he was able to use it". You don't know enough about Melchizedek to make such a statement.
3. Jacob learned to pay tithes from someone, care to tell us who it was? I wager he learnt it from his father, Isaac.

NB: I am not interested in this endless tithe arguments. I just wanted to raise red flags to some of your unsubstantiated claims.
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by nlMediator: 9:59pm On Oct 23, 2014
WinsomeX:

Is there something about that video that you do not want us to see?

Or is it the fact that Kenneth Hagin, the grandmaster WoFer, who in his sober moments wrote a book to restore order to a mess that he helped create, is seen in the video reeling around in drunken madness in a so called move of the spirit of laughter?

In case the import of that video is Iost on you, let me explain: Hagin will have us believe that there are excesses in the WoF that must be corrected, while others are left to flourish. Well, unlike others of his best selling books, this advice didn't work. Why because your followers usually imitate your actions and not mere words. If Mr Thompson, or whatever else his name is, was seen in an embarrassing video, it was because his "Baba" had been caught in camera doing worse.

The import of the video is simple: like father like son and it is very relevant to this thread.

I thought you had a foolish thread you claimed would solve all the problems generated by WOF? Why can't you post this video there and hear me complain still? The point, which you know but pretend not to, is that this thread is about a book on prosperity. You can launch all your baseless attacks on WOF relating to that topic. To no avail, of course. But at least, you'd be on point. You are more interested in what you and your ilk do best: scatter a thread so at the end of the day nobody learns anything meaningful.

Let me know when you're done with your empty thread on WOF. It must be such a huge success that you find the time and cannot reist the urge to continue your WOF attacks on other threads.

2 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Gombs(m): 10:09pm On Oct 23, 2014
Lobeez:
Okay Gombs so answer me: Is tithing compulsory?

Is being blessed by force?

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by trustman: 10:12pm On Oct 23, 2014
nlMediator:

I thought you had a foolish thread you claimed would solve all the problems generated by WOF? Why can't you post this video there and hear me complain still? The point, which you know but pretend not to, is that this thread is about a book on prosperity. You can launch all your baseless attacks on WOF relating to that topic. To no avail, of course. But at least, you'd be on point. You are more interested in what you and your ilk do best: scatter a thread so at the end of the day nobody learns anything meaningful.

Let me know when you're done with your empty thread on WOF. It must be such a huge success that you find the time and cannot reist the urge to continue your WOF attacks on other threads.

It's unfortunate that you have not seen how the 'empty thread on WOF' is touching lives.
People are reexamining their previously held positions.
Your comments here obviously betray your feelings about the thread.
Wouldn't it be right to say that your remarks here can be considered an 'attack' on that thread?

4 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Gombs(m): 10:13pm On Oct 23, 2014
Goshen360:
@ Gombs,

I will show you from scriptures, the foolishness of this your tithe teaching adopted from Hagin. Stay alert! !!

Save that for newbies.... we've been through it all

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Gombs(m): 10:18pm On Oct 23, 2014
mbaemeka:

1. Jesus did not FUNCTION as a priest on earth. Jesus is now a high priest forever. Jesus paid tithes while on earth.
2. Melchizedek did not collect tithes "where he was able to use it". You don't know enough about Melchizedek to make such a statement.
3. Jacob learned to pay tithes from someone, care to tell us who it was? I wager he learnt it from his father, Isaac.

NB: I am not interested in this endless tithe arguments. I just wanted to raise red flags to some of your unsubstantiated claims.

Gbam!
1, 000, 000, 000 gbosa!

the colored is the coolest writting I've seen all day

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by trustman: 10:27pm On Oct 23, 2014
Gombs:

Gbam!
1, 000, 000, 000 gbosa!

That 'coolest writing you've seen all day' actually shows your unwillingness to be objective.
Remember one of the things your Hagin said:
"Making a New Testament application of Old Testament technicalities violates every principle of Bible interpretation,... ..."
It's unfortunate that you guys fail woefully here to apply the same thinking to tithing.

2 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Gombs(m): 10:32pm On Oct 23, 2014
nlMediator:

I thought I was the only one who noticed. These folks vooks, Babagnoni, WinsomeX, especially kept proliferating the WoF foolish thread on every thread they visit. If they made any remarkable success in that thread, surely, no need for their staining every thread with their WoF thread. These blokes never cease to amaze me sha.

Hagin has been a minister for 68 years, way longer than we were born, the success of his ministry is impeccable, yet, they feel they know better because the studied harder. They rejoiced and misquoted him, I opened the book, they were all waiting, Hagin condemned certain practices, they want to take credit. The crudest of them all WinsomeX claims Hagin would uave renounced WoF if he had lived longer, later he said Hagin just wanted to clean the mess he made, he didn't do much as he was supposed to condemn Word of Faith.

Now, Hagin who they cheered, now has mentioned tithe, they all disagree with him, msame folks who loved the book. Free these men... they are worse than those Israelites in Moses' day
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by christemmbassey(m): 10:35pm On Oct 23, 2014
mbaemeka:

its a pitty you don't know what you are saying, when he offered himself ön d cross, died to take our sins away, what function was he performing. Bros, there's no logic to hide to substantiate this ur crime called tithe, if u do not know, Jesus death on d cross was d BIGEST DUTY HE WILL EVER PERFORM AS A HIGH PRIEST. teacher, teach yaself!

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Gombs(m): 10:35pm On Oct 23, 2014
trustman:

That 'coolest writing you've seen all day' actually shows your unwillingness to be objective.
Remember one of the things your Hagin said:
"Making a New Testament application of Old Testament technicalities violates every principle of Bible interpretation,... ..."
It's unfortunate that you guys fail woefully here to apply the same thinking to tithing.

It's sad you have comprehension issues. Hagin quoted that for those preachers who claims they are the now priests, and first fruits belongs to them. But if you feel that Hagin will say that and still talk tithing, in same book, then I must say your comprehension ability is beyond redemption
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by trustman: 10:46pm On Oct 23, 2014
Gombs:

It's sad you have comprehension issues. Hagin quoted that for those preachers who claims they are the now priests, and first fruits belongs to them. But if you feel that Hagin will say that and still talk tithing, in same book, then I must say your comprehension ability is beyond redemption
Actually it appears you were too quick to respond to my post that you failed to comprehend the message I tried to pass across.
I pray that your 'redemption' comes soon.
I hope you'll not misunderstand my use of 'redemption' above.
PS:
Can you give your understanding of just the portion of Hagin's quote I gave above?
Here it is again:
"Making a New Testament application of Old Testament technicalities violates every principle of Bible interpretation,"

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by christemmbassey(m): 10:47pm On Oct 23, 2014
Gombs:

Gbam!
1, 000, 000, 000 gbosa!

claiming that Isaac taught Jacob to tithe and my saying tha Melchi after giving bread and wine collected tithe of war spoils personally hfre on earth, which one is unsubstantiated, Gombs, I know, when it comes to dishonesty, u no dey carry last!

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by christemmbassey(m): 10:59pm On Oct 23, 2014
mbaemeka:

you that know so much about Melchi, where did he collect his war spoil(tithe), in heaven? I You ppl don't ave conscience, you can li e , steal and still keep straight face, on ur intrest to argue tithing, did i send u any application?

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Image123(m): 11:03pm On Oct 23, 2014
shdemidemi:

When it comes to twisting scriptures, you sure do not have a rival, at least none on this forum that I know.

Baseless and unfounded accusations. Some fellows thought worse of Jesus too. i asked you on the other thread you made this same accusation to produce just ONE scripture that i twisted from that thread. You were unable to. My last paragraph.

You are right, the man is sleeping, if he was truly of God, but his work is very much alive hence why we contend it to avoid the adversities it might cause to the body of Christ.

His works that you bring up are very much unalive until you bring them up. How many good things about him have you brought up? All you do is failed attempts to gloat over some of his alleged excesses.

So I should be looking for Chris Oyaks or his fellow mind science, money doubling, greed gospel heralding pi-mps in camera before I can speak the truth like Paul did!

You can speak the truth without particularly maligning Chris Oyaks and whoever else you think you have anything on. If you claim to be doing like Paul, then do like Paul, withstand them to the face as it were. You can't be doing something different from Paul and be monkeying yourself here by twisting Galatians 2 saying you are doing like Paul.

Are we right or wrong for all of that have been revealed so far, even with the 'midas touch' slight disapproval of the repulsive and ungodly acts of these men?

You're have been clearly wrong on many issues, and debatably right on few. BTW, there is nothing you have revealed so far, well to be fair, nothing to me.

I wonder what your reply will be if I come to you and call you an hypocrite to your face. Your reaction will show us how kind and loving Paul really was with Peter.

You've done worse falsely and severally to me, the world did not end. Paul wasn't gloating like a rabid animal over Peter's mistake. You and your fellows majorly are gloating like a rabid animal over others' mistake.

Now age and material acquisitions have come in. No wonder Paul told Timothy to care less about his age when the old wolves come along.

PS- In no way did they compare to Paul in any way or form according to scripture. When Paul decided to speak as they would do, bragging about credentials, none of them came close to what Apostle Paul presented.

2 cor 11
22 Are they Hebrews? so am I. Are they Israelites? so am I. Are they the seed of Abraham? so am I.

23 Are they ministers of Christ? (I speak as a fool) I am more; in labours more abundant, in stripes above measure, in prisons more frequent, in deaths oft.

24 Of the Jews five times received I forty stripes save one.

25 Thrice was I beaten with rods, once was I stoned, thrice I suffered shipwreck, a night and a day I have been in the deep;

26 In journeyings often, in perils of waters, in perils of robbers, in perils by mine own countrymen, in perils by the heathen, in perils in the city, in perils in the wilderness, in perils in the sea, in perils among false brethren;

27 In weariness and painfulness, in watchings often, in hunger and thirst, in fastings often, in cold and unclothedness

Truth is what came in. i didn't mention anything about age, i said they were mates. And i immediately explained in the SAME SENTENCE that they were both apostles with marks and credibility. It wasn't apostle to new convert. You(i mean you all) and most of the fellows you guysattempt to gloat over are not mates in any sphere (physical/biologically, academically, materially, ministerially, and whatever ally you want to compare). You couldn't achieve a fraction of what they've done in three lifetimes. you can contest that please. Are you a spiritual leader in Nigeria or any part of the world?
Jud 1:8 Likewise also these filthy dreamers defile the flesh, despise dominion, and speak evil of dignities.

You twisted 2Corinthians 11 BTW. Paul wasn't referring to Peter or any of the apostles in that chapter. Read carefully who he was referring to.

2Co 11:13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.

Peter or John or Matthew were not the ones bragging about credentials. It was deceitful workers that came to the church. These are the ones that couldn't come close to what Apostle Paul presented.
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Image123(m): 11:33pm On Oct 23, 2014
WinsomeX:

Galatians 2:11 But when Peter was come to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed. 2:12 For before that certain came from James, he did eat with the Gentiles: but when they were come, he withdrew and separated himself, fearing them which were of the circumcision. 2:13 And the other Jews dissembled likewise with him; insomuch that Barnabas also was carried away with their dissimulation. 2:14 But when I saw that they walked not uprightly according to the truth of the gospel, I said unto Peter before them all, If thou, being a Jew, livest after the manner of Gentiles, and not as do the Jews, why compellest thou the Gentiles to live as do the Jews?

Why don't we look at the scripture instead of continual conjectures that are fruitless.

1. Paul rebuked Peter.

To be ACCURATE, the scriptures you quoted says PAUL WITHSTOOD PETER. It doesn't say Paul rebuked Peter. There is a difference. Also, IT WAS TO THE FACE. What effort have you made in withstanding any of those fellows to the face(assuming you are even mates). This pattern is what Jesus commanded.
Mat 18:15 Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother.
Mat 18:16 But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.
Mat 18:17 And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as a heathen man and a publican.

Also,
1Ti 5:1 Rebuke not an elder, but entreat him as a father; and the younger men as brethren;
1Ti 5:19 Against an elder receive not an accusation, but before two or three witnesses.
1Ti 5:20 Them that sin rebuke before all, that others also may fear.

On these counts above, you have being wrong. Note that Timothy is an elder and even head of the elders he was to rebuke IF they sinned. He wasn't rebuking them over 10naira doctrines. Also, the correction was to be in meekness.

2. This rebuke was in public, not an isolated ministers conference as Gombs wants us to believe. It was in Antioch, the same place they were first called Christians.

Well, i don't know for sure how many people were there, and nobody has evidence to be cocksure. i do know though that the correction was done in the spirit of meekness and love. That was what Paul preached. It wasn't done with intent to ridicule, malign and falsely accuse or condemn.
Gal 6:1 Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such a one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted.

3. There is nothing in that scripture that depicts a sort of ministerial heriachy were Paul and Peter were mates. In those days the apostles were faithful to Jesus words that we are all brethren to the extent that a latter or Junior apostle like Paul could rebuke a senior one like Peter.

Paul and Peter were foundational apostles in christianity. They were wise master builders and pillars, you are not. not all the first century christians were.
Eph 2:20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;
1Co 12:28 And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.
2Co 11:5 For I suppose I was not a whit behind the very chiefest apostles.

That we are brethren doesn't mean that we are equal or mates though. You and John Baptist are not the same. This is truth, not carnality. Infact, some bible passage says you are supposed to be greater than him. So, we are not all equal in the kingdom. That we are brethren or brothers is not equality or being mates. i guess you have senior or junior siblings or you have seen people who have. Even twins have elder and younger. being brethren is oneness and unity, not equality of position. There are elders, there are young men, there are children.

This passage is no justification for rebellion or confusion in church but the fact that believers should submit one to another and if God will speak through the least of apostles, the for most apostle should listen.

I am not sure what version if scripture Imsge123 is using to come to a conclusion of mates on a certain heriarchy.

It is unfortunate this has become more of an exercise at trying to rebut instead of honest learning. Therefore, i expect this to go right past most of you. While some of the deceived smart ones would be looking for weak points in the post to attack and twist logic on its head with. Very unfortunate, folks being made worse than what they seek to condemn by their flesh.

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Goshen360(m): 12:52am On Oct 24, 2014
Gombs:

Save that for newbies.... we've been through it all

Oh, you scared of someone exposing these lies of "balanced approach to biblical prosperity? A balanced approach indeed. It's not different from same legalism others use to deceive church people and you people are fallen from Grace going back to legalism and mixing law with faith.

2 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by WinsomeX: 1:06am On Oct 24, 2014
Gombs:

Gbam!
1, 000, 000, 000 gbosa!

At this juncture in your discussion of this book, the matter of tithing has been raised, the very natural thing is thrash it out before we proceed or we may just as well stay here and discuss it until page 100.

Is there something about tithe discussions that make you uncomfortable that you continue to avoid the topic? Tithing is the Oga at the top of them all so we had better thrash it out here.

I like the observation trustman raised:

"Making a New Testament application of Old
Testament technicalities violates every principle
of Bible interpretation," - Hagin.

If this statement nullified firstfruit, how come it does not cancel out tithing? Rather, Hagin will have us believe we must tithe because so people tithed and were blessed. What of others who stopped tithing and there finances improved?

I have referred us to that scriptures in Nehemiah 10 were tithing and first fruit were mentioned in the same breadth, but alas, tithing survived old testament technicalities, while firstfruit didn't. Is there double standard somewhere?

4 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by WinsomeX: 2:02am On Oct 24, 2014
Bruce Hurt, the author of the bible resource www.preceptaustin.org, while discussing Colossians 2:20ff, agrees that Christians have been set free from sin and the law through the death of Christ (He explains that the same way death frees a human spirit from the body, so also have we been set free from the law) In fact we are free from all ordinances including tithing. But he enumerates two ordinances Christians are still to abide by and he states why here:

Perhaps the question will arise in some minds:

If a Christian is dead to ordinances, why does he still retain baptism and the Lord’s Supper?

The most obvious answer is that these two ordinances of the Christian Church are taught in the NT(me: tithing is not). However, they are not “means of grace,” making us more fit for heaven or helping us to gain merit before God.

Rather, they are simple acts of obedience to the Lord (me: Jesus did not command tithing anywhere), indicating respectively, identification with Christ and remembrance of Him in His death. They are not so much laws to be kept as privileges to be enjoyed, motivated by our love and respect for God.

For more: www.preceptaustin.org/colossians_220-23.htm#2:20

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by WinsomeX: 2:29am On Oct 24, 2014
nlMediator:

I am tempted to ask you to take it easy on the vulgar language lest you find yourself again on the verge of loosing your sanity and are forced to take a vacation from Nairaland again.

What you do not realize is that that thread on Word of Faith is the best thing that has happened to Nairaland religion section. All the hitherto hullabaloo on tithes, tongues, etc, are all answered in the question of the origin, substance and essence of WoF. That thread will forever be a reference point and that is why the authors of it are taking there time to build it. When it is built, they will invite us all for the grand opening.

And by the way, the sister thread that led to this one, was opened by a young woman, nannymcphee, who greatly benefitted from that thread you wrongly called "foolish".

2 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by mbaemeka(m): 2:53am On Oct 24, 2014
christemmbassey:
its a pitty you don't know what you are saying, when he offered himself ön d cross, died to take our sins away, what function was he performing. Bros, there's no logic to hide to substantiate this ur crime called tithe, if u do not know, Jesus death on d cross was d BIGEST DUTY HE WILL EVER PERFORM AS A HIGH PRIEST. teacher, teach yaself!

Calm down bro, I know what I am talking about. There is an astronomical difference between him being the SACRIFICE and him being the HIGH PRIEST. Jesus death on the cross was his duty as the SACRIFICE while his role in using his blood in the Holy of Holies in heaven was his duty as the HIGH PRIEST. When we give tithes we proclaim he is great as a high priest and that he is alive, same way the communion proves that he truly died as the sacrifice. Communion and Tithes are related and if you are spiritual you would see it. Melchizedek received tithes and then brought the communion to Abraham. Communion says Christ died and Tithes say Christ is alive.

NOTE: I won't say anymore on this issue again.

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by mbaemeka(m): 2:58am On Oct 24, 2014
christemmbassey:
you that know so much about Melchi, where did he collect his war spoil(tithe), in heaven? I You ppl don't ave conscience, you can li e , steal and still keep straight face, on ur intrest to argue tithing, did i send u any application?

Melchizedek is what Bible students call a Theophany. There is alot to be known about him but many are too hard of hearing so they would not understand. Please don't call me a thief again. I only had to state my disinterest in discussing tithes because it is unhealthy and never ending. As for me, I will tithe till Jesus comes.

Bless you.
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by nlMediator: 4:35am On Oct 24, 2014
WinsomeX:

I am tempted to ask you to take it easy on the vulgar language lest you find yourself again on the verge of loosing your sanity and are forced to take a vacation from Nairaland again.

What you do not realize is that that thread on Word of Faith is the best thing that has happened to Nairaland religion section. All the hitherto hullabaloo on tithes, tongues, etc, are all answered in the question of the origin, substance and essence of WoF. That thread will forever be a reference point and that is why the authors of it are taking there time to build it. When it is built, they will invite us all for the grand opening.

And by the way, the sister thread that led to this one, was opened by a young woman, nannymcphee, who greatly benefitted from that thread you wrongly called "foolish".

Pray, what is vulgar about my language? Your thread is foolish and I don't know how saying so means I'm using vulgar language. And you're the one to teach any person about decent use of language? Only this week alone, you're calling people 'WOF brood of vipers who litter the Lagos/Ibadan expressway.' Wow, sounds like choir boy language. You may not have noticed it, but hardly anybody uses vulgar language in describing others here more than you and your friends.

And you need to learn when people are using humor and figurative expressions. Funny you took my mention of the word 'sanity' literally when it was obvious I was joking. Or did you miss the exclamation mark there? I guess, very soon you'll harp on my reference to popularity in those messages and accuse me of vanity. Chei! You have a point though: one way to maintain my sanity is to do my best to avoid engaging in conversations with you and your co-travelers here.

Oh, and saying your foolish thread mildly affected one person (who continues to worship at a WOF church as we write) is a pathetic claim.

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Goshen360(m): 4:41am On Oct 24, 2014
mbaemeka:

1. Jesus did not FUNCTION as a priest on earth. Jesus is now a high priest forever. [size=20pt]Jesus paid tithes while on earth.[/size]

Please, where did Jesus PAID tithe while on earth?

2 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Gombs(m): 4:53am On Oct 24, 2014
Goshen360:

Please, where did Jesus PAID tithe while on earth?

Smarten up na, wasn't Jesus a Jew?
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by brocab: 4:58am On Oct 24, 2014
Could you tell us your stories" with the blessings you had received, over the years of ministry. Could you share with us about your financial blessings. Do all tithers live rich, or is it just those few Thanks I cant wait to hear your story..
Gombs:
[size=20pt]Understand Why and How You Should Tithe[/size]

About fifty years ago, I was pastoring a church in the oil fields of east Texas. One of the deacons of the church had a good job working for Humble Oil Company. And he was always faithful in his support of the church.
One day he said to me, "Brother Hagin, can you explain something to me? I 've been a Christian for thirteen years, and
I 've been faithful in paying my tithes and giving offerings."

I knew that was true. He was a regular tither whose support really blessed the church. "What is it you want to know?" I
asked.

He said, "Well, I don't know why I'm doing it. I've never heard any teaching or preaching about tithing. When I got saved, they told me I was supposed to do it, so I did. But I don't know of anything that's ever come of it in thirteen years. If I've ever gotten any blessing out of it, I don't know it."

I was amazed. Here was a good man who had been tithing strictly from the standpoint of slavish duty, and it hadn't worked for him. So I took a few minutes and told him a little bit of what I'm sharing with you in this chapter.

Then I said to him, "The next time you get your tithe envelope out, say, 'Lord, I'm doing this by faith. I'm giving for the purpose of keeping this local church going, which is benefiting the Body of Christ by helping people. I'm helping spread the Gospel so that people can be saved. Thank You, God, for making it possible for me to be part of Your work. I am giving in faith and expectancy to be blessed according to Your Word.'"

"I'll sure give that a try," he said. And he did.

About thirty days later, he came back to me with a big grin on his face. "I've been doing what you said, Brother Hagin. Every week I've been praying when I get ready to pay my tithes. And boy," he declared, "it's really working. I can definitely tell a difference in my finances!"

Another time, in another east Texas church, a man came to me and said, "Brother Hagin, my wife and I have been paying tithes ever since we got saved, nearly twenty-five years. But we've never heard any teaching from the Bible about it. Many of our friends in the church are farmers. They borrow money to buy seed to plant, and when the cotton is ready, they hire people to pick it. How do they pay tithes?

"I talked to one or two of the deacons," he said. "And they don't know much about it, either. They said they had thought about asking you to preach about it, but they didn't want you to think they were trying to tell you what to preach. So I wanted to see if you thought you would be talking about it anytime soon?"

I said to the man, "Brother Williams, I'm glad you brought this up. God has been dealing with me about this before you ever said anything. So I'm going to do it right away."

In those days, the biggest crowd we had at our church was on Sunday night. The building was usually full, and if the weather was good, sometimes there would be people standing outside. Because I wanted the most people possible to hear what the Bible says about tithing and giving, I took a Sunday night and spent about an hour on the subject, going into great detail.

I had always tried to preach a balanced message to the church. I had preached about salvation, the baptism of the Holy Ghost, and the gifts of the Spirit. I had preached about healing, faith, and living a life of love and service to others. So the people knew I wasn't trying to cram something down their throats when I preached about finances; it was something they needed and wanted to know.

After the service, many of the folks told me how glad they were that I had preached about tithing and giving—that I had helped them understand what the Bible said and the purpose for giving to God. I could tell they had taken it to heart.

[size=20pt]Tithing Brings the Promised Blessings of God[/size]

Well, immediately the income of the church tripled! Without any special emphasis or pull, there was a generous response when we passed the offering plate. Even sinners started paying their tithes. There were two ladies in the church who were married to unsaved men. These two men would come to church with their families on Sunday night.

The very next day after I preached on tithing, one of these men stopped by the parsonage. "Brother Hagin," he said. "My wife and I talked about your sermon on the way home last night. We believe that God will bless us if we obey His Word. I just got off my first bales of cotton so I wanted to stop by and pay out tithes."

Well, those unsaved fellows kept on paying their tithes. And it wasn't long until both of them got saved and filled with the Spirit. Their families were blessed too. Later, one of the wives was called to preach, and the family went out on the field to minister. The last account I had of them, they were traveling about and evangelizing.

In my more than sixty-five years of ministry, I've heard thousands of testimonies from people who have practiced God's biblical plan of returning a tenth of their income to Him through the local church. A great many of them, in the beginning, weren't sure how they could get by on the remaining ninety percent of their income when they had been barely making it beforehand. But somehow they did. Oh, it wasn't always easy. It required patience, determination, faith, and some time.

But if they persisted, the promised blessings came. Sometimes they noticed that God had "rebuked the devourer" in their lives—the car or the appliances didn't break down as often or the kids weren't sick as much, resulting in fewer medical bills.
If they worked in construction or as farmers, bad weather didn't keep them off the job. Then many times, extra income would come from totally unexpected sources. Perhaps they would get a raise, some overtime hours, or maybe even a bonus! Others reported that they got an insurance settlement, collected on an old debt, or received an inheritance.
***Some folks will think Hagin is lying or it was God just being fair

The bottom line was that when they paid their tithes, they had more financially and did better. And most people were also blessed spiritually with a closet walk with God, physically with better health, and mentally and emotionally with a greater sense of joy and well-being. The Bible says, "The blessing of the Lord, it maketh rich, and he addeth no sorrow with it" (Prov. 10:22).

*** the blessing aren't necessarily monetary, for me, i get less expenses in ALL things and crazy gifts, including cash . Oya, food don done, where are shedemidemi and Goshen and others ? Lobeez, vooks are somewhat lost. Come give you theories

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Gombs(m): 5:06am On Oct 24, 2014
nlMediator:

Pray, what is vulgar about my language? Your thread is foolish and I don't know how saying so means I'm using vulgar language. And you're the one to teach any person about decent use of language? Only this week alone, you're calling people 'WOF brood of vipers who litter the Lagos/Ibadan expressway.' Wow, sounds like choir boy language. You may not have noticed it, but hardly anybody uses vulgar language in describing others here more than you and your friends.

And you need to learn when people are using humor and figurative expressions. Funny you took my mention of the word 'sanity' literally when it was obvious I was joking. Or did you miss the exclamation mark there? I guess, very soon you'll harp on my reference to popularity in those messages and accuse me of vanity. Chei! You have a point though: one way to maintain my sanity is to do my best to avoid engaging in conversations with you and your co-travelers here.

Oh, and saying your foolish thread mildly affected one person (who continues to worship at a WOF church as we write) is a pathetic Delusional claim.

Fixed cool

the bold got me cracking grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Gombs(m): 5:09am On Oct 24, 2014
brocab:
Could you tell us your stories" with the blessings you had received, over the years of ministry. Could you share with us about your financial blessings. Do all tithers live rich, or is it just those few Thanks I cant wait to hear your story..

You could not (not did not) belive Hagin in writting, how would you me? undecided undecided

Yesterday, for example, i got 6 shirts 3 trousers that'd have cost 40-50k for just 3k! shocked shocked shocked

Yes, 3k. Unbelivable right? smiley #LessExpenses . God knows i use my personal cash for cell ministry and tithes, etc

abeeeegi, time for morning prayers jare
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Goshen360(m): 5:15am On Oct 24, 2014
Gombs:

[size=20pt]Tithing Brings the Promised Blessings of God[/size]

Well, immediately the income of the church tripled! Without any special emphasis or pull, there was a generous response when we passed the offering plate. Even sinners started paying their tithes. There were two ladies in the church who were married to unsaved men. These two men would come to church with their families on Sunday night.

The very next day after I preached on tithing, one of these men stopped by the parsonage. "Brother Hagin," he said. "My wife and I talked about your sermon on the way home last night. We believe that God will bless us if we obey His Word. I just got off my first bales of cotton so I wanted to stop by and pay out tithes."

Well, those unsaved fellows kept on paying their tithes. And it wasn't long until both of them got saved and filled with the Spirit. Their families were blessed too. Later, one of the wives was called to preach, and the family went out on the field to minister. The last account I had of them, they were traveling about and evangelizing.

In my more than sixty-five years of ministry, I've heard thousands of testimonies from people who have practiced God's biblical plan of returning a tenth of their income to Him through the local church. A great many of them, in the beginning, weren't sure how they could get by on the remaining ninety percent of their income when they had been barely making it beforehand. But somehow they did. Oh, it wasn't always easy. It required patience, determination, faith, and some time.

But if they persisted, the promised blessings came. Sometimes they noticed that God had "rebuked the devourer" in their lives—the car or the appliances didn't break down as often or the kids weren't sick as much, resulting in fewer medical bills.
If they worked in construction or as farmers, bad weather didn't keep them off the job. Then many times, extra income would come from totally unexpected sources. Perhaps they would get a raise, some overtime hours, or maybe even a bonus! Others reported that they got an insurance settlement, collected on an old debt, or received an inheritance.
***Some folks will think Hagin is lying or it was God just being fair

The bottom line was that when they paid their tithes, they had more financially and did better. And most people were also blessed spiritually with a closet walk with God, physically with better health, and mentally and emotionally with a greater sense of joy and well-being. The Bible says, "The blessing of the Lord, it maketh rich, and he addeth no sorrow with it" (Prov. 10:22).

*** the blessing aren't necessarily monetary, for me, i get less expenses in ALL things and crazy gifts, including cash . Oya, food don done, where are shedemidemi and Goshen and others ? Lobeez, vooks are somewhat lost. Come give you theories

This is nothing but obedient to the law and legalism. I taught you and Hagin had wanted to teach something new but sooner, it is still drawn from same Malachi and hence, you tell us we tithe BY FAITH? Do you not know that you can't practice the law BY FAITH? First, this is what your Hagin said and I quote:

"Making a New Testament application of Old Testament technicalities violates every principle of Bible interpretation,... ..." Hagin.

Now, let's use this same principle to interpret the word of God because the NT is the complete revelation of God. Does the NT teach that Tithing Brings the Promised Blessings of God?

New International Version
Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ.

New Living Translation
All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realms because we are united with Christ.

We are not blessed BECAUSE we do something...in this case, pay tithe to attract blessings. We are blessed BECAUSE WE ARE IN CHRIST. When Hagin and you copied this obedience to the law as a means of receiving the promised blessings, you violate the call to faith. Obedience to the law is NOT the same as obedience to THE FAITH....faith in the finished works of Christ.

The moment you and Hagin mentioned "rebuking devourer"....it means, you're not talking about Abraham tithe per say, you and Hagin only used that as camouflage. You're actually teaching obedience to the law....doing something IN ORDER TO RECEIVE SOMETHING FROM GOD as against faith in what's already done. Romans 1:5

New Living Translation
By his divine power, God has given us everything we need for living a godly life. We have received all of this by coming to know him, the one who called us to himself by means of his marvelous glory and excellence.

By his divine power, God has given us everything we need for living a godly life........By his divine power, meaning, under this NT agreement, it HIS GIFT and blessings got nothing to do with you....it is according to HIS DIVINE POWER. You and Hagin are returning Christians to works, self performance and doing something to MAKE WHAT IS ALREADY DONE TO HAPPEN. Hey, but when Peter was like you guys, in pretense, Paul rebuked him

Finally, both Melchizedek and law tithe are nullified and ended in Hebrews 7. So, Hebrew 7 is the nail it to the Cross Apostolic teachings that ended tithe - pre law and law tithing!!!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (103) (Reply)

From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again / The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes / The Doctrine Of The Ufos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 179
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.