Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,754 members, 7,813,479 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:51 PM

Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities - Romance (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities (46027 Views)

Are Women Becoming Sexually Boring ? / How Secure/happy Are Men When Their Women Are Assets Rather Than Liabilities.. / My Nigerian Friend Says That African Women In Europe Are Liabilities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities by Jyde81: 2:29pm On Oct 29, 2014
caesaraba:

God bless you ma`am. We men are smarter now. Once we find your type, the next thing is a ring on a finger. My rule now is simple, I`ll only date a woman who has a means of livelihood going forward. Thankfully, that number of women is increasing in our society. No more painted-nails,open-hands and ready-to-suck-me-dry-women.
God bless u. Me too only a woman with a means of livelihood...
Re: Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities by EziAsh: 3:07pm On Oct 29, 2014
I wounder who developed these thought that women only sit and wait on their men to do everything.If i can remember in my community all women have always done one thing or the other.This construction that women do nothing to me is not real.Even those who are full time house wife don't sit around.Being a house is more that an eight hour job in itself.It never ends.How many women in our society are lucky to just sit around.I would say few.From the villages to the cities women do not sit ,unless you start telling me their own way of contributing to the family is valueless.

1 Like

Re: Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities by AreaFada2: 3:25pm On Oct 29, 2014
Well, that's what we all hope for.

Except for religious and cultural reasons in very conservative people, most men want their wives/gfs to be productive.

Only that when some women start earning more, they want to wear the trousers in their home.

When the man now complains about sudden disrespect and arrogance, he's accused of being insecure.
Re: Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities by Nelsizzy(m): 3:36pm On Oct 29, 2014
Neldrizzy:
hmmmm nelson also?? I jus hope dis is not some kind of conspiracy!
no ooooh, jxt decided tu j0in NL recently.
Re: Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities by beeevan: 4:01pm On Oct 29, 2014
The same peeps that condemned a woman for clinging tenaciously to her job and ignoring her overbearing husband, is the same people shouting women should be yadahyadah...NLanders confused since time immemorial, always speaking from both corners of their mouths undecided.

Except a woman is disabled, no married woman with kids has the luxury of ever sitting around and doing nothing.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities by Neldrizzy(m): 4:11pm On Oct 29, 2014
Nelsizzy:
no ooooh, jxt decided tu j0in NL recently.
isorai.... U r welcum
Re: Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities by beeevan: 4:18pm On Oct 29, 2014
...yet women are forced to quit their jobs and focus on family by the same men who claimed that their wives must work in their infantile. A thread was opened about men doing chores, it wasn't shocking to see them blaming it on 'westernization' and condemning women assigning house chores to their husbands. If you really want her hustling with you, wont it be fair if you hustle with her in the home front?

If a working wife is every man's dream, how come husbands are still forcing their wives to quit jobs? Question for the God's I guess undecided.
Are these men hustling for working wives because they want to stay at home and play Ludo while handling the house girl's back side, who knows. Am just thinking aloud...

Every woman gat to be doing something for herself though, but no married woman has the luxury of being a liability, only the laziest and most ungrateful of them all will utter such crap.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities by beeevan: 4:24pm On Oct 29, 2014
Daresh:
I don't know about you, but I have been hustling since. All my friends are hustlers. My own is, if he dies, how can I take care of my children myself? I use that mindset when hustling and in planning family size.

Gbam!
Re: Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities by beeevan: 4:29pm On Oct 29, 2014
londoner:
OP, you are right, and there are many women that actually carry the family, even when the man is not down and out, or his business is not failing.

I think people are far too obsessed with what women 'should be doing', but not really informing men, on how to really be companions and partners in struggle for their wives etc.

Its usually the man that leaves when the chips are down, or rather leaves his "ride or die" woman when he finally gets to his "destination".

How many mn, simply replace a wife tat seems barren?

How many betray that dedicated wife, once a younger model shows them attention?

How many in the village are found in the farm alongside their wives children rather than drinking palm wine?

The African women has long carried the burdens of hardship alongside her husband even with the baby strapped to her back.

I think it is rather the men that need talking to, on how to be more than just a person that helps pay the bills.

To be a "ride or die man" for their wives and households.

It is usually the man and not the woman that just quits the home when things get tough, many do it multiple times. That includes to the very type of woman you describe.

I'm getting tires of this "women do and be yet more", while the same is not said to the men.

Any person, man or women should be an asset to themselves, before even thinking about setting up a home with someone anyway.

Every human being wants a partner that is there through thick and thin, sickness and heath, it's not just the need of a man, but women too.

kiss
Re: Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities by beeevan: 4:49pm On Oct 29, 2014
kandiikane:

I agree that every woman should endeavour to have their own money but to imply housewives are liabilities is far fetched because if we want to be technical, the man is also a liability to the woman because he also depends on her to take care of him. Liability doesn't just come from spending money but there are many other ways in which one can become a liability. If the husband was in a wheelchair right now and cannot work, if I was to go with what you wrote then he is going to become the liability because he won't be able to do jack shyt, the housewife is not just sitting at home doing nothing. I understand where you are coming from though just confused on which women you are talking about because it's an insult to housewives because they aren't, especially those who had no choice.

I have written several times that women should not live life just to become housewives but saying that has never been because I thought they were liabities, that has never crossed my mind because it's not true. The family rely on that woman.

You get sense die kiss

2 Likes

Re: Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities by radicalove(f): 5:24pm On Oct 29, 2014
Damalex4luv:
That'll only happen when some guys decide to stop marrying out of pity.. ladies should try to fend for themselves and stop searching around to looking for men who are already rich and established.. build your relationship with your man that's when you yourself will have the gut to attack your husband since you both started from scratch.

I quite understand ur take on this issue, but then there are many men out there who are insatiable, they are never satisfied no matter what women do for them, in this type of case, should the women continue to kill themselves for nothing??
Re: Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities by Eneze1(f): 5:25pm On Oct 29, 2014
beeevan:
...yet women are forced to quit their jobs and focus on family by the same men who claimed that their wives must work in their infantile. A thread was opened about men doing chores, it wasn't shocking to see them blaming it on 'westernization' and condemning women assigning house chores to their husbands. If you really want her hustling with you, wont it be fair if you hustle with her in the home front?

If a working wife is every man's dream, how come husbands are still forcing their wives to quit jobs? Question for the God's I guess undecided.
Are these men hustling for working wives because they want to stay at home and play Ludo while handling the house girl's back side, who knows. Am just thinking aloud...

Every woman gat to be doing something for herself though, but no married woman has the luxury of being a liability, only the laziest and most ungrateful of them all will utter such crap.

GBAM! could not have said it better, a lot of them want to eat their cake and have it HYPOCRITES
Re: Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities by beeevan: 5:28pm On Oct 29, 2014
Eneze1:

GBAM! could not have said it better, a lot of them want to eat their cake and have it HYPOCRITES

U dey mind them. ...
Re: Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities by 40dogzz(m): 5:32pm On Oct 29, 2014
Yeah, this is so true coz 2 head ar better than 1. U hear different stories of when a man dies, his brothers family comes & claim all the fortunes, leaving the wife & the children stranded. The word is enough 4 the wise!
Re: Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities by amtiredalryt: 5:49pm On Oct 29, 2014
Very true, but u c ther ar men dat wil abuse such efforts by d woman. Seeking ha downfall,blivin he is playin smart
Re: Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities by missojugo(f): 5:53pm On Oct 29, 2014
scribble:
baby let me be your MANAGER

op I remember the story of Job's wife who would rather curse him and suggest he curse God than weather the storm

however i like where you head is at. Thats a good place to be. A helper to your man.

But some strong men detest this because a woman will now want to be wearing trouser with me in the house

and as a strong man in any economy, you should earn ten times your wife...or at least double....

Women are not meant to be providers, so their earning power should mostly pale in comparison to their spouse

but in rare occasions where the woman is earning more, good luck to the man

You are indeed a correct MAN.....All these small small boys here don't know anything. And yes I am a working mom !
Re: Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities by LaBonito(f): 5:59pm On Oct 29, 2014
Lazy men just dey type God bless u....... it is u guys responsibility 2 provide 4 d family. We women hav our own part 2 play... period.
Re: Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities by MissBoss01(f): 6:02pm On Oct 29, 2014
HARDDON:
Never knew id live this long to read such words from a female....... cool

All along, had tot you guys were structured for collecting , fashioned for begging and accursed with trade by bata..... angry

Had tot u enjoy sitting at home doing Nada and have him work his a33 out while u go on shopping spree with money u know not whence it came. The next moment, they wano tie d guy down with court wedding tins, so as to have legit right over some vast wealth shld he get fed up n wano roll!

Had tot beeping his phone was ur thingy (never calling, stingy)
Had tot the best u cud ever get for a guy was a pair of second hand briefs for his bday(ONLY!)! embarassed

Had tot d only thing u guys got to offer was some punana ( yet they go complaining when he cheats, calling royal guys dogs). Yea sure, he might be so willing to spend on u d first few outings but after hitting it, if that is all u got, he's mos def gon bounce - the next meal awaits

No man is a fool. And we all get worked up when y'all go begging for stuffs when y'all can pull stuffs!

If u must fight for gender equality, then first fight off ur laziness , stinginess n herbalist attitudes( always collecting)

NT: this is by no means saying there ain't this very exceptional group out there(very rare breeds) that supports their men tru good advice n all otherwise

Very funny buh sadly its Tru....... I don't knw wen some FishBrain gals(BigGals) would rise 2da ocassion.......
Re: Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities by Savigne(f): 6:55pm On Oct 29, 2014
I cannot go through school, struggle to get good degrees and end up becoming a stay at home woman,neither can I be so heartless to sit back relax and feel fine while another woman's son toils all day just to spend it all on me.
I'm fan of symbiotic relationships,say no to parasites!...Imagine spending 70% of your income on a girl that cant spend even 30% of hers on you all in the name of love.. Love kpo oku.
Any girlfriend that is ready to take and take without giving anythng useful in return (sex doesnt count) will wreck you if she becomes a wife...
My humb,e submission

1 Like

Re: Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities by Nobody: 6:58pm On Oct 29, 2014
Gerrard59:

As usual you continue your hypocrisy, Why should she be an asset during courtship but a liability during marriage?. What's wrong in a woman providing 50-50 in the family? What's your problem with Career women?

What will you do should your future wife(who I earnestly pity and feel sorry for) earn more than you?

As for your brazen hypocrisy, at times I wonder if you're been paid for it.
My brother, hypocrisy or hypocritic, I am not in support of a woman being the breadwinner of the family when her husband is alive; God will never allow that to be my portion!!

Secondly, I strongly support the poster 's proposition that women should be productive, but that shouldn't be an excuse for some husbands to abandon their family/marital responsibilities for their wives...and shouldn't also be an excuse for guys to become lazy, but then, women should be productive for their own good and to make them become reasonable/responsible in spending and demanding from men.

My father never abandoned his family/marital responsibilities for my mother, and neither did he wait for my mum to help him...and even though my mum worked and contributed, she did so out of her own desire to be productive and supportive, not because my father made it a mandate for her to contribute, so I am following on my father's footsteps!

By the special grace of God, my future wife won't need to labour to support me, but she will be productive to keep her happy (cos every sane humane feels good when they are earning money)...so I won't abandon my responsibility...I will take very good care of my future wife and kids cos that's y I have been hustlingsmiley

As for girlfriends, DailyNews doesn't recognise girlfriend-boyfriend relationship and that's y I am never in support of a guy sponsoring or spending so much on a girlfriend- its risky and foolish!!! To mesmiley

Now u maybe wondering: y is this guy supporting wife-dependency on husbands Then I ask- do u know what it means for a woman to abandon her father, mother, siblings, uncles, nephews, nieces, aunts, granma, grandpa, just to live with you, a stranger forever and even forfeit her father's name to bear yours That sacrifice alone deserves a lot abegsmiley
Re: Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities by Sirlucky1(m): 7:15pm On Oct 29, 2014
asset my foot.
Re: Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities by Nobody: 7:23pm On Oct 29, 2014
Gorgeous58:

Easy tiger! That's just my opinion in my post. Attack the post not my person. By the way, I'm not looking for a man cos I've got my own... Cheers!

i don't think you are her problem.
Re: Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities by donephi(m): 7:49pm On Oct 29, 2014
missberrypop5:
eiyah. No.
Do u stay in jos
Re: Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities by Damalex4luv(m): 8:11pm On Oct 29, 2014
radicalove:

I quite understand ur take on this issue, but then there are many men out there who are insatiable, they are never satisfied no matter what women do for them, in this type of case, should the women continue to kill themselves for nothing??
that's another dimension entirely but the truth of the matter is that it's always good if a woman can fend for herself it's even a kind of boost of confidence for a lasting relationship, because she'll always have that respect she deserves from her husband and more so making both of them to have a very good rapour in building a successful home..

1 Like

Re: Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities by bukatyne(f): 8:11pm On Oct 29, 2014
Gerrard59:
^^^
Once again your hypocrisy shows in broad daylight.

The same men who today are praising and shouting yes, yes, will tomorrow refuse to adhere to the simple fact that women should be given their equal rights and opportunities.

"We want Assets and not liabilities"
And when the woman ask for her equal opportunities and rights, we will hear
"Men have the sole responsibility to provide and a man is the head of the family".

Is this not the same Nairaland that we read of how a man wants the wife to resign her job and career , because he wants her to take care of the children. As if taking care of kids is solely a responsibility of a woman.

Most Nigerian men are synonymous with hypocrisy.

LOL @ bolded:

I will be kind and strike the men out

Most Nigerians men are synonymous with hypocrisy
Re: Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities by Nobody: 8:45pm On Oct 29, 2014
Every woman wants to be the kind of wife that a man would be pride off. But the men are making it harder and harder for this to be ahcxived.

No woman in her sane mind would do anything to cause stagnation or backwardness for her hubby. They are always willing to do the little they can to help run the home. But when it is being awarded with envy, greed, ingratitude, gloom; then it becomes burdensome for the woman to stay true to this act.

No one wants to be a liability but when becoming an asset is seen as a threat, the best bet is to withdraw.

Hi mismeiya
Hi masonkz
Hi gsking

Long time to read.

3 Likes

Re: Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities by Gerrard59(m): 8:47pm On Oct 29, 2014
DailyNews:
My brother, hypocrisy or hypocritic, I am not in support of a woman being the breadwinner of the family when her husband is alive; God will never allow that to be my portion!!

Secondly, I strongly support the poster 's proposition that women should be productive, but that shouldn't be an excuse for some husbands to abandon their family/marital responsibilities for their wives...and shouldn't also be an excuse for guys to become lazy, but then, women should be productive for their own good and to make them become reasonable/responsible in spending and demanding from men.

My father never abandoned his family/marital responsibilities for my mother, and neither did he wait for my mum to help him...and even though my mum worked and contributed, she did so out of her own desire to be productive and supportive, not because my father made it a mandate for her to contribute, so I am following on my father's footsteps!

By the special grace of God, my future wife won't need to labour to support me, but she will be productive to keep her happy (cos every sane humane feels good when they are earning money)...so I won't abandon my responsibility...I will take very good care of my future wife and kids cos that's y I have been hustlingsmiley

As for girlfriends, DailyNews doesn't recognise girlfriend-boyfriend relationship and that's y I am never in support of a guy sponsoring or spending so much on a girlfriend- its risky and foolish!!! To mesmiley

Now u maybe wondering: y is this guy supporting wife-dependency on husbands Then I ask- do u know what it means for a woman to abandon her father, mother, siblings, uncles, nephews, nieces, aunts, granma, grandpa, just to live with you, a stranger forever and even forfeit her father's name to bear yours That sacrifice alone deserves a lot abegsmiley

You still haven't made sense. When you start making sense ,notify. As for your last sentence, it only goes to show the hypocrisy I have been pointing out, Why want An ASSET Girlfriend BUT A LIABILITY Wife?
When you make sense, create a notification app and upload it on the Playstore
Re: Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities by HARDDON: 8:49pm On Oct 29, 2014
yeshi:
[color=#990000][/color]
Y. U com vex lik dis bro

It boils my blood to see people selling short.

Isn't it high time u eagles stretch out ur wings n soar? Ain't u all tired of possessing such amazing soaring powers yet u scrub scraps wiv them chicks?
Re: Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities by Nobody: 8:58pm On Oct 29, 2014
DailyNews:

Secondly, I strongly support the poster 's proposition that women should be productive, but that shouldn't be an excuse for some husbands to abandon their family/marital responsibilities for their wives...and shouldn't also be an excuse for guys to become lazy, bout then, women should be productive for their own good and to make them become reasonable/responsible in spending and demanding from men.

Many dey cry to be and abandon the name too. But y u never marry? Na after marriage u go know say u Neva hustle enuf...in short nothing.
Re: Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities by Nobody: 9:05pm On Oct 29, 2014
LaBonito:
Lazy men just dey type God bless u....... it is u guys responsibility 2 provide 4 d family. We women hav our own part 2 play... period.
but aren't we equal any more? grin
Re: Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities by Nobody: 9:14pm On Oct 29, 2014
iyabodeh:
Every woman wants to be the kind of wife that a man would be pride off. But the men are making it harder and harder for this to be ahcxived.

No woman in her sane mind would do anything to cause stagnation or backwardness for her hubby. They are always willing to do the little they can to help run the home. But when it is being awarded with envy, greed, ingratitude, gloom; then it becomes burdensome for the woman to stay true to this act.

No one wants to be a liability but when becoming an asset is seen as a threat, the best bet is to withdraw.

Hi mismeiya
Hi masonkz
Hi gsking

Long time to read.

Hi babe. Hope you've been good. kiss

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Two Nairalanders Set To Wed! See Their Pre-wedding Pix. / Men, Do Not Sleep With Prostitutes. / "Married Women Stop Applying"-Man Recruiting Strippers In Ikeja Warns (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.