Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,097 members, 7,863,838 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 07:29 AM

Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? - Romance (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? (102377 Views)

Lagos Babe Scams Guy She Met On Twitter / Why You Should Cook For Your Partner / When A Girl Likes A Guy....she Got The Following Attitudes! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (42) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Esmeraldar: 1:08pm On Nov 02, 2014
Lol. some babes sha.

i just went through some comment and all i can do is smh.

Well thank God i'm single. grin
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Beey(f): 1:42pm On Nov 02, 2014
Certifiedboss:

Trust me Beyonce must have made a meal or two for JayZ before they got married. Don't let her songs fool you. She only made a rhyme. Girls like you are the type another fellow girl will give wrong advise and you end up loosing your relationship. The fact remains that two people that are truly in love won't see this as an issue
Please refer to my previous post.You are responding to a half- baked story because you've not seen the whoke baked stuff.If she made meals,that's her business since am Beey & not Beyonce .As for me,I have no business cooking meals for a boyfriend.Like I said in my previous post,boyfriends are just boyfriends & shouldn't be enjoying husband privileges.I can make him a meal once in a while if he wants to know whether I can cook but I'll make it at my place.However,it shouldn't be an everytime kind of expectation.I cook coz I want to.I also said that I can cook for him in odd circumstances such as sickness.But when a lady gets into the habit of cooking & doing laundry, it doesn't guarantee that he'll marry you.It's not an automatic ticket to marriage.Should the relationship fail,you are left feeling hurt & used.If am food enough to cook, am also good enough to wife. Please,any girl reading these comments, has freedom of choice.They don't have to take my advice.There are many advisers & they can pick the advice of their choice.Am just voicing my opinion just like Anyone else on this forum.

1 Like

Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Beey(f): 1:44pm On Nov 02, 2014
CFCfan:

Another brilliant post! You've said it all.
Thank you.
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Brite02(m): 1:59pm On Nov 02, 2014
I will not cook for him, it is no no.... Sometimes once or twice, lmao cheesy The replies coming from the female folks are laughable cheesy cheesy
Anyways sha good luck to you ladies, only in Nigeria you get to read stuffs like this.

When the feeling is mutual you won't remember this, i bet you'd break protocol
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Sapphire86(f): 2:12pm On Nov 02, 2014
zurine:

And Still collect his money after all.
women.. deceiving men since 50AD

So is it money for food?
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Sapphire86(f): 2:13pm On Nov 02, 2014
Kirinwa:

...and he's a mugu? kiss

A mugu cuz he has to entertain her?
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by NobleG1(m): 2:13pm On Nov 02, 2014
If you're my friend, cooking for me is NOT mandatory simply because you're a female. You're my guest. In fact, cooking for you is fun.

If you're my girlfriend, it's also NOT mandatory that you cook for me. You MAY help once in a while if I love your food but not mandatory. Cooking for you is REALLY fun too.

Even if you're my wife, cooking is NOT your responsibility, it's ours! We MUST cook for each other. You're my wife and partner, NOT my housemaid. In fact, cooking for you once in a while is one of the MOST romantic things a man can do for his wife.

Most Nigerian men are st*upid sexists. Their archaic mentality is sickening. This is 2014 not 1940's. Treat your woman lovely and she'll love and treat you better.

3 Likes

Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by TahariX(f): 2:13pm On Nov 02, 2014
Ijawboi:
By the way, people like @TahariX nai boyfriend they beat for house, and she will still be like " leave him, i love him, na you him slap?"

Ah the sweet smell of ignorance ^.^
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by TahariX(f): 2:15pm On Nov 02, 2014
Beey:
Please refer to my previous post.You are responding to a half- baked story because you've not seen the whoke baked stuff.If she made meals,that's her business since am Beey & not Beyonce .As for me,I have no business cooking meals for a boyfriend.Like I said in my previous post,boyfriends are just boyfriends & shouldn't be enjoying husband privileges.I can make him a meal once in a while if he wants to know whether I can cook but I'll make it at my place.However,it shouldn't be an everytime kind of expectation.I cook coz I want to.I also said that I can cook for him in odd circumstances such as sickness.But when a lady gets into the habit of cooking & doing laundry, it doesn't guarantee that he'll marry you.It's not an automatic ticket to marriage.Should the relationship fail,you are left feeling hurt & used.If am food enough to cook, am also good enough to wife. Please,any girl reading these comments, has freedom of choice.They don't have to take my advice.There are many advisers & they can pick the advice of their choice.Am just voicing my opinion just like Anyone else on this forum.
Standing ovation!!

1 Like

Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by TahariX(f): 2:17pm On Nov 02, 2014
NobleG1:
If you're my friend, cooking for me is NOT mandatory simply because you're a female. In fact, cooking for you is fun.

If you're my girlfriend, it's also NOT mandatory that you cook for me. You MAY help once in a while if I love your food but not mandatory. Cooking for you is REALLY fun too.

Even if you're my wife, cooking is NOT your responsibility, it's ours! We MUST cook for each other. You're my wife and partner, NOT my housemaid. In fact, cooking for you once in a while is one of the romantic thing a man can do for his wife.

Most Nigerian men are st*upid sexists. Their archaic mentality is sickening. This is 2014 not 1940's. Treat your woman lovely and she'll love and treat you better.
Agreed 100%
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by pickabeau1: 2:22pm On Nov 02, 2014
tintingz:
to be a cook or a maga.

I don't really get your point though

slimmy05:
You have time responding to all these toothless feminist. they are all confused

Lol
Tigresses online
Mice offline
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by wizemoney(m): 2:31pm On Nov 02, 2014
This is the reason why most you girls will remain single, u can't cook but u can have sex with him....smh
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Natasha2(f): 3:12pm On Nov 02, 2014
Olaone1:

Don't worry. You're now a big girl. cheesy cheesy
Lol you speak like you know me here.
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Sapphire86(f): 3:22pm On Nov 02, 2014
NobleG1:
If you're my friend, cooking for me is NOT mandatory simply because you're a female. You're my guest. In fact, cooking for you is fun.

Even if you're my wife, cooking is NOT your responsibility, it's ours! We MUST cook for each other. You're my wife and partner, NOT my housemaid. In fact, cooking for you once in a while is one of the romantic thing a man can do for his wife.

They r gonna crucify u but well spoken!
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by kaybrizzy(m): 3:53pm On Nov 02, 2014
Well said
mascot87:

I bet ur bf got no class,no be by mouth o but with people like me, na u go dey beg to cook for my house even while dating
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by kaybrizzy(m): 3:55pm On Nov 02, 2014
nomabeeee:
I find this very interesting to discuss here..and I will go straight to the point..I don't think its advicible for a lady to always cook for the man she's dating anytime she's visits him.if you visit him 5 times,u can cook two times or once for him..its important that we ladies should know our place in our man's life..if you are his friend,you act like his friend..if you a re his girlfriend ,you act like one and if you a re his wife..you also act like one..A woman is meant to be explored..if am dating/courting you and during the course of that I cook all my delicasies for you,..what threat wil I give you when we get married?hmmm I can't find myself loitering around a man's kitchen when am not his wife..whats ur opinion ladies?men are also free to air their opinions too...reasonable comments please..thanks
but u can collect money while dating
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Certifiedboss: 4:18pm On Nov 02, 2014
Beey:

And how does a guy feel if the relationship end after talking care of huge financial needs. My dear you sounded selfish because I don't want to believe that if your bf gives you huge sum of money you will reject it just because you feel it's suppose to be wife's benefit and not gf benefit. Relationship is a two way thing. You only feel used when you have such mentality. You only feel used when you feel as you cooked for him he is suppose to marry you. Relationship is what you enjoy why it last and hope it leads to forever. If you keep going in to relationship with the 100% believe the it will lead to marriage then you're setting yourself for heartbreak. On my part, no girl I've dated have cleaned my house or don't my laundries and that because I see those things as simple things and I can do them myself. But if I date a girl and when she comes to my house we always go out to buy food through out her stay then she's wicked because I don't know how to cook. The fact remains that if you love your bf you won't see cooking for him as a big deal just the way your bf won't see spending his money on you as a big deal if he truly loves you.
And I quoted what you said about Beyonce because you used her as an example so I judged you based on what you said
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Nobody: 4:22pm On Nov 02, 2014
Princecalm:
Look at what girls of this days are turning into.Imaging you went to your BF house and you met him cooking and instead of taking over the cooking from him you sit and watch him do the cooking and still serve you.Even the whites which you guys are emulating have not started doing this.

What about whites? I would never marry spoilt boy who doesnt cook himself and is dependent on woman. After all we r grown ups and can take care of our selves. I would ask if he needs help with cooking but wouldnt allow leave me cooking alone. No way! If he comes to my house - i would cook. Same case is for him
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Nobody: 4:25pm On Nov 02, 2014
Brite02:
I will not cook for him, it is no no.... Sometimes once or twice, lmao cheesy The replies coming from the female folks are laughable cheesy cheesy
Anyways sha good luck to you ladies, only in Nigeria you get to read stuffs like this.

When the feeling is mutual you won't remember this, i bet you'd break protocol

Agree. U know theres such saying: women who think that the way to men's heart is through his stomach- hitting to high smiley))

1 Like

Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by karkel(m): 4:51pm On Nov 02, 2014
Sapphire86:

Yes! She is still a guest after all.
QlGuest on how many occasions
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Olaone1: 5:01pm On Nov 02, 2014
Natasha2:

Lol you speak like you know me here.
grin grin
Happy birthday
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Beey(f): 5:11pm On Nov 02, 2014
Certifiedboss:

And how does a guy feel if the relationship end after talking care of huge financial needs. My dear you sounded selfish because I don't want to believe that if your bf gives you huge sum of money you will reject it just because you feel it's suppose to be wife's benefit and not gf benefit. Relationship is a two way thing. You only feel used when you have such mentality. You only feel used when you feel as you cooked for him he is suppose to marry you. Relationship is what you enjoy why it last and hope it leads to forever. If you keep going in to relationship with the 100% believe the it will lead to marriage then you're setting yourself for heartbreak. On my part, no girl I've dated have cleaned my house or don't my laundries and that because I see those things as simple things and I can do them myself. But if I date a girl and when she comes to my house we always go out to buy food through out her stay then she's wicked because I don't know how to cook. The fact remains that if you love your bf you won't see cooking for him as a big deal just the way your bf won't see spending his money on you as a big deal if he truly loves you.
And I quoted what you said about Beyonce because you used her as an example so I judged you based on what you said
It's ok.For me,I've never been the kind of girl who expects a lot from a boyfriend because am not his wife.I don't expect him to buy me clothes or pay for my hair because again girlfriends shouldn't be getting wife privileges.I consider dating as a time to go out & have fun & get to know one another.It's not a time to cook & do laundry or buy clothes & pay for hair.Trust me it gets to a time when you are expecting seriousness from dates & not jokers because you are getting too old for games.Such times you don't get into a relationship expecting it to break.You hope things will work out & hopefully lead to marriage.As for boyfriend giving money,let him give because he wants to nut not because it's an obligation.She's a girlfriend , not a wife.
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Beey(f): 5:16pm On Nov 02, 2014
TahariX:

Standing ovation!!
Thank you.
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by BreezyRita(f): 5:19pm On Nov 02, 2014
Deefuray:
I concur. I don't subscribe to playing the role of a wife when you're just a mere girlfriend

And what are the roles of a wife? Huh? Se.x not included??
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by BreezyRita(f): 5:27pm On Nov 02, 2014
I used to say all these stuff...... No no! Never!! He can't enjoy such privileges!!

Later?? I feel its a story for the gods......

Did it. Cooked. Cleaned for him and didn't even feel it. It felt good.....

Now?? I don't feel bad or used.
Twas good while it lasted!
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Nobody: 5:36pm On Nov 02, 2014
BreezyRita:
I used to say all these stuff...... No no! Never!! He can't enjoy such privileges!!

Later?? I feel its a story for the gods......

Did it. Cooked. Cleaned for him and didn't even feel it. It felt good.....

Now?? I don't feel bad or used.
Twas good while it lasted!

Its a practice to make perfect.... Now tell me... With this experience that you've accomplished...will it be hard for you to manage your own home? When you're finally married?
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Gloria3389(f): 5:39pm On Nov 02, 2014
nekkyontop:
I totally agree with you my dear and that is what I do also. Act as a girlfriend that you are presently. It's not your obligation as a girlfriend to always cook and clean for him. Men should get that straight.
abi ooo
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Gloria3389(f): 5:40pm On Nov 02, 2014
iaatmguy:
what you do during courtship will only change slightly,so girlie wise upand do as he says, going to his house everyfay does not mean u have to cook for me. A good GF will make a good wife , if yoi have the mentality that I have to cook for ur bf the same mentality u have during marriage, #I don't have to cook for my husband all the time he should help me syndrome of jaa babes If you are not willing to do it a thousand and one will do it. WISE UP
for your shikini mind abi....
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Gloria3389(f): 5:42pm On Nov 02, 2014
1daboi:
something tells me you can't cook or you don't like cooking
Sorry ur guess is wrong.... I can cook well and I love cooking....
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Gloria3389(f): 5:44pm On Nov 02, 2014
symbian03:

Which one be your male friends?? abi your boy friendS
lolz....Sorry,I have lots of male friends... cos everything I'm doing including my discipline has to with working with guys... so stop thinking otherwise... tongue
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by Shenille: 6:01pm On Nov 02, 2014
miztola:

Lol,true about that.
Btw,I didn't say I can't cook

Why's everyone getting me wrong on this thread?
Lol. Sorry .
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She's Dating? by madone: 6:14pm On Nov 02, 2014
Wen I read wat ladies are saying here I weep for the ones btwn the age bracket of 23-26 the may be 27 cos at this age their unmarried aunties will not tell them the truth why they crossed 35 witout finding a man to settle with. all they say is men re bad and one woman in the villiage is troubling them.this is how it started, wat ll it take u to just cook in ur man' s house wen u no that soon those hands will be serving this same man.its a diff case if the guy is not serious wit the relationship, if he is my dear u better do all u can to maintain ur relationship.
cos I see ur aunties every day at one of my pastor friend church for counsel and prayer for the right to come their way.pls dont wait till u re this stage.cos at this stage they will pay any pastor any amount of prophet's offering to have a testimony that a man allowed her to be his girl friend and cook even for him. yes I hear u say ur own can never be like that God forbid. many of them once said such and such prayers too and yet single and frustrated.I weep for them u no

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (42) (Reply)

The WOOING CHALLENGE 2015 [Female Edition] #DAY1 / 26-Year-Old Virgin Lady Decides To Remain So Till Marriage (Photos) / I’m Ready To Marry Any Man At All, Once He Has 2 Hands & Legs – Nigerian Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.