Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:41 AM

Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only - Romance (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only (128148 Views)

Seven Reasons Guys Cheat Easily / Seven Reasons Why You Should Date A Shy Or Introvert Girl / Top Seven Reasons Why Broke Guys Should Not Date. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (42) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by vicoloni(m): 9:49am On Nov 05, 2014
killjoy:

as a matter of fact, d good tins marriage has to offer to a man r tins he can enjoy while still single. wot I withheld r more downsides to marriage. my parents r separated n seem happier that way. my friends Dada died of heart attack caused by his wife, look marriage shud be a no go area for a man who intends to live eida happy or long or both.
I almost fell for your killjoy post until I read the above quoted comment by you. Then I realised you are a victim of broken home.
Pele.
Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by gsainttrinity(m): 9:49am On Nov 05, 2014
Mrfils:

grin nice analysis... And d song was by Kenny Rogers

thank you! I like the song very much anytime i hear it on Fm stations.
Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by Misogynist2014(m): 9:49am On Nov 05, 2014
daisy123:
Are you against God WHO sed men shud get married and multiply? Or do you support the antichrist who supports gay marriage instead of getting married to women ? DON'T BE MISLEAD BY THIS !!!
DAVID AND SOLOMON HAD CONCUBINES AND ARE IN HEAVEN, WHY IS MY CASE DIFFERENT cry

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by Nobody: 9:50am On Nov 05, 2014
ifeness:

Married people are actually the most unhappy people on the planet. Most couple only try to tolerate each other but deeply,they hate each other. Most of the time they have a lot to lose if they get divorced,hence they stay in an unhappy union.
married pple dey we show smiley face asif their happy(single guy dat no nothing we feel jealous of dem) not knwin d married guy want him to com and join dem on their unhappy train.women weak men in errthing(from experience) startin from datin dem. If u need a girl wen yo young get a friend wit benefit. If u need kids get a babymama. Stay single be happy and live long. Get married and be unhappy and die young.

2 Likes

Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by Nobody: 9:50am On Nov 05, 2014
HirstMOG:

Gos's house of worship. Hab 3 vs 8-10

Oh you got that from a Jewish book. too bad,no evidence!

1 Like

Misogynist2014:
THE CREATOR OF THE HEAVENS AND EARTH

liar! where is your proof?

1 Like

Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by Billygee2u: 9:51am On Nov 05, 2014
the high level of cheating married men and married women are into these time makes me to give OP 95%

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by Mrfils(m): 9:51am On Nov 05, 2014
Cutehector4u:
all dese girls dat r crushing on seun...hmmm... Thr is God ooo... They havnt even seen wat he looks like,,,
Do they need to? He owns nl now..
No offense merit12
Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by tivta(m): 9:52am On Nov 05, 2014
A very wonderful post. I have always asked my married friends what they gain from marriage and so far the only valid reason is having children. The main reason I would love to have children in marriage is because I was raised in a complete home as well with both parents. Its just unfortunate my folks still argue even after crossing age 60, seriously if I can't meet a woman who will meet me half way financially I won't get married unless I want to frustrate her life. Its just too bad that finding a woman who will be your pillar in this times is next to impossible, MOST nigerian girls are just too selfish,yet they want a man to respect them and spoil them. Can't wait to read 10 reasons why a man should get married to finally make up my mind if I am to get married. Seriously marriage is overrated in the 21st century.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by vislabraye(m): 9:52am On Nov 05, 2014
killjoy:

my view isn't biased but based on experience hence in touch with reality. if u don't believe single men hv as much fun as married men, tell me what they r missing.

Single men are missing the dramas in marriage. And also, behind every successful man is a woman. cheesy
Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by Nobody: 9:53am On Nov 05, 2014
debrihachi:

ur just a young guy hu has been tru alot
do you have to qoute the entire post A-Z to make ya point? angry but for ur pret........ well u are forgiven wink smiley
Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by germainediva(f): 9:53am On Nov 05, 2014
Am a married woman wt 3 kids and to be honest d op made a lot of sense........but my dear its worse 4 women 90% of married women in nigeria to day are still in dre marriage not becos dey r happy but cos of soceity,family,children,religion,stigma attached to a divorced woman,etc......women go tru a lot in d name of marriage,dese days infidelity is like pure water both married men and women r playing d game and social media has worsen d situation.......BUT what ever path we choose don't 4get we shall all die 1 day and must give account of how we lived.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by nickz(m): 9:53am On Nov 05, 2014
marriage is overrated t
they just blow that shit up and turn it into a necessity

i came into this world alone and i'm not planning on spending 40+ years of my life stuck with somone else
life is too short for that
i would only accept it if we were born together

3 Likes

Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by zyzxx(m): 9:54am On Nov 05, 2014
[quote author=killjoy post=27676602][/quote]c ur moniker "killjoy" so what will I expect dan u too kill d joy of marriage and show us d bad side

if ur parent are not married how will be born sire?
Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by nickz(m): 9:55am On Nov 05, 2014
vislabraye:

. And also, behind every successful man is a woman. cheesy
well thank God i have a mother and sisterssad

4 Likes

Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by tivta(m): 9:55am On Nov 05, 2014
All those women cursing the OP should ask why most married men DIE before their wives. The answer is, its due to frustration from marriage.

4 Likes

Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by linearity: 9:56am On Nov 05, 2014
Princecalm:
did i just hear you say God regreted bringing Eve to earth,don't you know that God is perfect.

I am not totally taking sides on this, but the OP made some very valid points....A man is never the same again, when he gets married. That is why it is important that, you have a direction in life, know your destination, get a job before you get marry.

And, there is nothing like 'love' or the 'one'....Love is in the eyes of the beholder and it means different things to different people....To Bisi love is a 6 feet tall man, with good manners, smiles, goes to church, from a good family, etc....but to Mary, love could mean any guy that can pay her bills....yet to Nkechi, love could be a man from her tribe, who is educated, etc...You cannot say Bisi's definition of love is more better and tangible than Mary's...both of them are happy...Bisi got her God fearing man and Mary got a guy that pays her bills and they both got love and they are happy...You might say..but Mary's is focus on temporary earthly things..what if the guy stop paying her bills, or got poor...well there is no guarantee that Bisi's object of love will not backslide, stop going to church, etc....

The truth is the Genesis 6:6 states and I quote "And the Lord regretted that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him to his heart"

You can slide and dice it all you want, but the plain truth of that scripture indicated without ambiguity that God regretted creating man and it grieved him for doing so.

Adam was just fine in the Garden before Eve came into the picture, he never questioned God's commands, instructions....we all know what happened when evi came into the picture.

Guys should stop deceiving themselves that the Ladies are looking for 'love' even the so called born again christian sisters...they all have a bucket load of qualities they are looking for in a guy...once they match about 80%-90% of those things to a guy, then they will fall in "love"...if there is such a thing as unconditional love, why are the spirit filled, good manner brothers, who are truckpushers, carpenters, bricklayers, etc in church not getting married? Are they not also children of God?...If that same brother wins America visa lottery, I beat you Sis. Fumi or Tayo will see a vision and fall in "love" or she will start nursing regrets why she did not fall in "love" before now.

Again, I do not subscribe to some of the views of the OP, but the truth is sometime bitter...I love kids, I want to have kids with my wife...I understand that marriage is not a bed of roses, it is a continual daily work, I also understand that a good marriage is not auto-pilot and as a single man, you have lesser things to worry about, you have more time for focus on your passion, career, business, etc.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by killjoy(m): 9:56am On Nov 05, 2014
vislabraye:

Single men are missing the pains in marriage. And also, behind every successful man is a woman pushing him to his first heart attack . cheesy
..hehehe

1 Like

Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by Nobody: 9:56am On Nov 05, 2014
Op any woman u want to have a relationship with (not a prostitute) do let her know from the onset what ur intentions are towards her so she doesn't get it twisted wink

Then you are good to go.

1 Like

Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by Eneze1(f): 9:57am On Nov 05, 2014
gsainttrinity:

I'm yet to see a Nigerian girl who doesn't demand for recharge card. Well i can forgive your Tantrums if you are not 'NIGERIAN'
But even if you don't demand for recharge cards, you may have upgraded to money for brazilian hair or perharps money for a brand new 'kia rio' (for Abuja Aristoes) this may be your category. The bottomline its high time guys give ladies the No-more-marriage pills it would curb all these unneccesary parasitic, and chronic gold digging syndrom, whoredom and begging and dependant tendencies from low dirty poverty stricken girlfriends like mine to rich and classy gold digging slots like you.

That's my point! Thank you.

I just have to respond to your post, not all women are leech as you painted here please change the caucus of people you roll with. @op to me I believe the damn thing called marriage is overated I can't believe living my life to please a man is all I'm created for

3 Likes

Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by follaj: 9:59am On Nov 05, 2014
This is not biblical. But if you decide not to marry, there is no crime in that according to Paul Apostle.
Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by Misogynist2014(m): 9:59am On Nov 05, 2014
ifeness:

liar! where is your proof?
ANSWER THIS QUESTION: DOES NOTHING EXIST?

EVEN BIBLE TELLS US NOT TO GET MARRIED. MARRIGE SUCKS!!!!!!
Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by Ybholy(m): 10:00am On Nov 05, 2014
the greatest mistake your parents made is to give birth to you . Ass kid
Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by tivta(m): 10:00am On Nov 05, 2014
zyzxx:
c ur moniker "killjoy" so what will I expect dan u too kill d joy of marriage and show us d bad side

if ur parent are not married how will be born sire?
. They are lots of single parents out there MR man. Flavour, 2face, etc. Having children outside marriage is not a crime its just the society that frowns upon it.

1 Like

Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by gsainttrinity(m): 10:01am On Nov 05, 2014
daisy123:
Are you against God WHO sed men shud get married and multiply? Or do you support the antichrist who supports gay marriage instead of getting married to women ? DON'T BE MISLEAD BY THIS !!!

the Op said marriage. Whether heterosexual or gay.
BTW, Do u knw anti christ? Who is he?

1 Like

Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by Nobody: 10:01am On Nov 05, 2014
Nice write up killjoy.

This is the only intelligent thread I've ever seen on the romance section.

5 Likes

Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by Awho(m): 10:01am On Nov 05, 2014
MrsBreezy:

True. But you can make realism optimistic. After reading this(if I was a man) I wouldn't want to get married.

hahahahaha y wont you? Please babes i'll need you to vote for my team today @ the miss nairaland pargent that is #Team Roliatu. Voting starts by 10am-6pm. Thanks i believe with you she's a winner if you can just share two of our campaign lines. Please please and please babes we realy value your vote thanks
Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by killjoy(m): 10:01am On Nov 05, 2014
dimples2:

Op any woman u want to have a relationship with (not a prostitute) do let her know from the onset what ur intentions are towards her so she doesn't get it twisted wink

Then you are good to go.

ofxos I do! I'm against complicating a persons lyf for my personal gain. myt b hard to believ Bt I hv an active conscience

1 Like

Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by Nobody: 10:01am On Nov 05, 2014
Misogynist2014:
ANSWER THIS QUESTION: DOES NOTHING EXIST?

EVEN BIBLE TELLS US NOT TO GET MARRIED. MARRIGE SUCKS!!!!!!

Stupid question!

1 Like

Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by MrHighSea: 10:01am On Nov 05, 2014
@Lipzlikeshugar, ur guy man dy chop dt tin under ya nose.

1 Like

Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by Nobody: 10:02am On Nov 05, 2014
GOODMORNING ALL....
LETS pass an E-VOTE and table the result before the NATIONAL ASSEMBLY for ENDORSEMENT...
4ME.....MARRIAGE IS OVERRATED....
MARRIAGE is a two - way thing...
--can either be a MILLIPEDE or CENTIPEDE..
--MILLIPEDE (here, u marry a successful reasonable lady, inherit more joy than sorrow from her and live happily..).

--CENTIPEDE (here, u marry a jobless, nagging lady,inherit more sorrow than joy and live in ANARCHY).

so...dats Y as a man trying to be succesful DON'T EVER RUSH MARRIAGE xcept u are SURE u have a MILLIPEDE dat will always remain a MILLIPEDE..
REASON being that a LADY will never PONDER when it comes to choosing between a SUCCESSFUL MAN and an UNFORTUNATE MAN...they always know their kind of MEN before MARRIAGE and always hope to catch such MEN....
SO don't support sympathy marriage...

1 Like

Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by Nobody: 10:02am On Nov 05, 2014
Omotolu:
...initially,one can live a sweet life without a lady,but as time passes-it turns sour,the society sees it as stigma.fortunately,old age is the greatest gift of all man-it is this crucial moment in life that we feel the impact of our actions;that's when one feel the effect of loneliness and bachelorhood.
Being married has its turbulence sometimes,still the fun over-rides the bains.
Life is an act,please view life from different perspective.
You still don't get it. What in the case the wife dies before the old age? Have a valid point of argument and stop the unnecessary back and forth. being single doesn't mean you can have as many child as you want man. Think outside the box

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (42) (Reply)

Lady Selling Banana Causes Stir With Her Backside. / What Name Do You Call Your Lover In Your Language? / Nurse Found Dead After Marathon Sex With Lover In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.