Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only (128140 Views)

Seven Reasons Guys Cheat Easily / Seven Reasons Why You Should Date A Shy Or Introvert Girl / Top Seven Reasons Why Broke Guys Should Not Date. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (42) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by izu777: 8:52am On Nov 05, 2014
Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by Nobody: 8:53am On Nov 05, 2014
I opened this thread not to read anything the OP said so as not to be misguided but to simply say the OP is misguided.

1 Like

Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by Hamatrony(m): 8:54am On Nov 05, 2014
killjoy:
readers discretion adviced: this is a long post. get a bowl of popcorn and your glasses. turn off the TV , you don't want to get distracted. if it took me time to write such a lengthy post, I wonder why you should complain about reading it. below are the reasons.

1. We're too different to live together: women love people and relationships, men love objects (like cars, houses, gadgets, game consoles etc), a man's lot is his career, a woman's is marriage (according to the curse after the fall of man), women are indirect, men are always direct, men want sex before they develop feelings for women, women can't have sex without emotional attachment first(unless they r who.res, even if they are who.res lolzzz), a man wants to hv sex, a woman wants to make love (I swear she doesn't even mind just cuddling), men see having dinner as a time to quench hunger, women see having dinner as time for bonding, let me continue? A married man without money feels unfulfilled, a wealthy woman without a man feels similarly, I can go on and on! But no time, my point, you need a lot of patience, tolerance, understanding, endurance, compromise etc to survive in marriage. But life is too short, stay single and be free to be urself or get married and spend the rest of your life struggling to be another person. Continue reading, this is just one of seven.

2. Love doesn't exist: if you intend to stake your future with a woman on an emotion as erratic as love, then you need to have ur head examined. Love is an emotional convulsion which, like other sicknesses, are recovered from with time. Experience has thought me that a woman's love is only skin deep, but you can accentuate it with money. Ohhhh how women react to the smell of cash. Bleep love and go make some muller.

3. You don't need a child: the world will remember you by the kids you left behind. That's a big fat lie!! You don't need a carbon copy of yourself roaming the earth after your demise to ensure your immortality. Instead, the world will remember you by the feats you surmounted! Obama will be remembered not as the father of, I don't even know his child's name and I don't give a fvck bout it! But as the first black US President. Mother Theresa never had a child, Einstein's legacy is not his kids but his discoveries. My point! You are not remembered by the kids you had but the records you set. But if you badly want a kid, adopt one, or get a baby mama and impregnate her but never, never get married just to have kids. marriage is too great a price to pay.

4. There is absolutely nothing new marriage has to offer you: just be honest with yourself. A family? You already belong to one (or do you think you just appeared out of thin air?), love? Your mother loves you like die, trust moi. A woman to manage your home? Get a maid! pay her well and she will manage your home without complications like disrespecting you, PMS, etc. Sex? Gone are the days men marry for sex ooo!!! Sex is damn cheap, you don't need marriage to enjoy it. By the way, what makes you think getting married entitles you to sex when you want it, ie, if at all?? U never jam female Hitler. Continue reading, I'm not even close to the end.

5. Marriage is expensive: a woman's problems end when she gets married (at least on financial level), while a man's problems just begin. Most ladies don't have plans of making money(some stop after getting married). for a woman, after graduating from uni, a husband is top on d list above a job ie, if a job is on the list. Guys, stay alone and worry for one. Apart from financially, marriage drains you emotionally. You have to deal with a partner suffering from PMS five days in a month for life (by the time she reaches menopause, you'd be probably dead) and when she ain't suffering PMS, its worse cos she is pregnant!! Don't forget regular mood swings, test games, among other complicated female emotional ailments. Plus wait till you get divorced before you know how much financially and emotionally expensive marriage could be. That brings us to...

6. It may end up in divorce: possible causes of divorce. She gains weight, sex with one person for years gone stale and boring, the love (or whatever dumb ass name you call it) fades, you want a new woman, (men are polygamous by nature, hard truth. Deal with it), she is no longer the woman you married, (true, women do change after marriage for many reasons, that is story for another day), you cheat on her, she cheats on you, many many more. Don't scar yourself with a painful divorce. Stay single and happy.

7. You get to focus on your dreams without distractions. Like I said earlier, a man's career is his lot (or curse). As s man if you haven't got a successful career, you will probably die unhappy and unproductive. The compromise you have to make to keep her happy will retard you from achieving your dreams to the fullest. Pleasing a woman and pursuing your dreams are mutually exclusive. don't get married.

disclaimer: its ironic when people say honesty is a virtue yet can't bear to hear (or read) the truth.

nota bene: I am not prejudiced towards women. I hate all equally.
Frm ur point numba 4, tnk God u mention mother, abeg if ur mum neva get married 2 ur dad, wil u exist?

2 Likes

Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by diamondbility: 8:54am On Nov 05, 2014
@op all your points are invalid
Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by mzzhavilah(f): 8:54am On Nov 05, 2014
Dis is ridiculous,tank God 4 feminist who will bluntly disagree wit u...I tink feminism was created because of rotten ideas like urs,tink u just rubbished womanhood.maybe u forgot dat u were concived by a woman or was it a surrogate mother,I have a lot to say buh wit d ideas u ve created 4 urself it wont sink in so no need.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by Crazyadlin(f): 8:54am On Nov 05, 2014
killjoy:

my view isn't biased but based on experience hence in touch with reality. if u don't believe single men hv as much fun as married men, tell me what they r missing.
ur stil a boy probably wen u grow up u wil get 2know wat they had missed
Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by feelme3(m): 8:54am On Nov 05, 2014
Mtcheeeeew! Some warped opinion.

My parents had a blissful marriage until death came (50 something years together). I grew up in a wonderful home. And above all, the essence of the creation of man and woman was for marriage.

So, I guess the immature minds, who are easily swayed in life will, maybe....just be swayed by this. Oh BTW, I just got married to a woman I dated for 9years tongue

Good-luck to your followers.

5 Likes

Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by yehmi01(m): 8:55am On Nov 05, 2014
I don't have to read this RUBBISH that one PURPOSELESS guy wrote some where.

I AM MARRIED AND ITS NOT ALL THIS RUBBISH THAT YOU ARE SAYING

If you have gotten you heart broken by another losser like your self does not give you the RIGHTS to just assume the same goes for every one

...........GOD SAW AND SAID IT WAS NOT GOOD FOR MAN TO BE ALONE..........

Have you ever come across that LINE before.

Am sure you are already EYEING One GUY cos been GAY is also an option for people like you.

Besides if God says Something was Good what makes you the Judge of It been Wrong after all when He Created You as a Man That was not wrong naa.

You could have said you wanted to be a monkey since you are so ambitious.

Once again Let people trust God for the right man or woman and Trust God in dir marriage.

Not every one is Unhappy like this OP.

5 Likes

Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by Nobody: 8:56am On Nov 05, 2014
Heart-broken guys always think they have an opinion....grin the same guys saying on nairaland that they will never get married are still the same people that got heart-broken some few months back after a lady they intend to marry broke their heart,now tell me who is fooling who......marriage is meant for those who are matured enough to handle it...marriage is not meant for every man,marriage is not meant for cry cry babies

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by kendrick93(m): 8:56am On Nov 05, 2014
i tink d op has a point.. for me personally marriage is so overrated.. dnt see d fun in stayin with one woman for d rest of ur life when there are other fishes in d pond... yes i will lyk to hav kids but dat doesn't mean u will hav to get married b4 havin kids...

2 Likes

Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by maximas(m): 8:57am On Nov 05, 2014
Who wrote this? I need water
Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by yaskarahyelhope(f): 8:57am On Nov 05, 2014
Killjoy, I can't blame U for d uptight writeup. Its all abt experience. But lemmy ask, I hope ya staying single is abstaining from fornication? Mother Theresa whom U mentioned never engaged in sexual immorality. I hope U keep her pace. If U want to av a baby wtout a wife, Y not get a surrogate mother to give U a baby, not through sex but through IVF. Then that keeps U automatically away from d involvement of sex.

If only men can let go their ego and let God have His way, then they'll know that marriage is d sweetest union on earth. Understanding, godliness and love, is d essential bedrocks for marriage.

E no easy sha. But with God all things are possible. We can do all things through Christ Jesus DAT strengthens Ussssssssss......

3 Likes

Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by Okeycima: 8:57am On Nov 05, 2014
@ op u jux made ma day becos i tot it was only me that felt dat love is OVERATED...anyway sha anyi di ato....DATS HOW WE ROLL...op u b ALOBAM

1 Like

Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by yaskarahyelhope(f): 8:58am On Nov 05, 2014
Killjoy, I can't blame U for d uptight writeup. Its all abt experience. But lemmy ask, I hope ya staying single is abstaining from fornication? Mother Theresa whom U mentioned never engaged in sexual immorality. I hope U keep her pace. If U want to av a baby wtout a wife, Y not get a surrogate mother to give U a baby, not through sex but through IVF. Then that keeps U automatically away from d involvement of sex.

If only men can let go their ego and let God have His way, then they'll know that marriage is d sweetest union on earth. Understanding, godliness and love, is d essential bedrocks for marriage.

E no easy sha. But with God all things are possible. We can do all things through Christ Jesus DAT strengthens Ussssssssss...........!

1 Like

Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by bidex(m): 8:59am On Nov 05, 2014
chai!!! this is an article that makes alot of sense oo. It makes alot of senses so much that no one can pick a sense in it apart from the writer
Kudos to you

4 Likes

Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by Chucks08(m): 9:00am On Nov 05, 2014
I can see that you're a gay just from this assumption.I can see that you're a gay just from this assumption.I can see that you're a gay just from this assumption.

1 Like

Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by Mrfils(m): 9:00am On Nov 05, 2014
Hmmnn... Nice points.. Making me c reasons

1 Like

Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by Davidbanky(m): 9:00am On Nov 05, 2014
True Broda, it's really tiring !

1 Like

Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by PROCTOR: 9:02am On Nov 05, 2014
If you give seven reasons not to,o'll give hundred why you should
hzve kids and get a maid to take care of them....imagine!!!
You are busy chasing your own selfish life without considering the next generation
beautiful nonsense

2 Likes

Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by ELGREF(m): 9:02am On Nov 05, 2014
I think you are wright
Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by duerap: 9:02am On Nov 05, 2014
First of all let me state up front that i am a married man with two kids. That been said, now lets get to the point, i did not read the entire passage but going through some of the first points raised by the OP, i must say i absolutely concour with what the writer has to say.

Marriage is over rated! Don't get me wrong, i am not saying marriage is not good. It is good for those who want it (like me) but it is absolutely over rated. Marriage is more of an act of obedience to nature, not the fulfillment of a glorious fantasy as thought by so many. If you must get married, prepare to discipline yourself and adhere to the reality of the circumstances explained by the OP. It is only on this understanding that it is a responsibility that it can survive.

Keep it real and simple. Don't be forced into it. Get fully convinced that you really want to be in it forever, no matter what, because it is a sacrifice not a bed of roses. That way you'll will not only enjoy the ride but will also be at peace with everything - career, your living environment, your earnings (big or just enough) etc.

Finally, marriage is not a must. If you dont want it, it's okay - it does not make you half a man or less of a man. You can be great without a woman in your life. And it is also a fact that without your own children, your name can aslo be immortalised by your greatness or noble deeds.
So, it's up to you to make a choice. Either way, you can stamp your feet on the indelible sand of time with or without marriage.

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by emecheboy2(m): 9:02am On Nov 05, 2014
total rubbish

1 Like

Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by Nobody: 9:02am On Nov 05, 2014
Chucks08:
I can see that you're a gay just from this assumption.I can see that you're a gay just from this assumption.I can see that you're a gay just from this assumption.

And you are myopic. He never said anything about not being attracted to ladies. He is only talking about marriage.

Learn to read, Sir.

14 Likes

Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by Nobody: 9:05am On Nov 05, 2014
bidex:
chai!!! this is an article that makes alot of sense oo. It makes alot of senses so much that no one can pick a sense in it apart from the writer
Kudos to you

Speak for yourself, bro.

8 Likes

Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by killjoy(m): 9:05am On Nov 05, 2014
to all those who tink I'm gay, deluded, etc, my way of thinking is above n beyond urs, its very unmainstream n probably nt in sync with d regular customs. OK? so, leave me be....

9 Likes

Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by mercymelord: 9:06am On Nov 05, 2014
jmoore:
I will marry.
I will live long.
I will sleep with one woman(my wife) for the rest of my life.

He who finds a wife finds a good thing and obtains favour from God..
I feel u bro...datz rit mehn...satan is a liar

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by freecocoa(f): 9:06am On Nov 05, 2014
Who hurt you OP?

Being with someone isn't easy but hey! It's beautiful when you are in love, it takes work but it's doable.

I don't care so much for marriage, I just know that having someone to share your life with is a good thing.

1 Like

Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by fulfillment22: 9:06am On Nov 05, 2014
[quote author=killjoy post=27675639]readers discretion adviced: this is a long post. get a bowl of popcorn and your glasses. turn off the TV , you don't want to get distracted. if it took me time to write such a lengthy post, I wonder why you should complain about reading it. below are the reasons.

1. We're too different to live together: women love people and relationships, men love objects (like cars, houses, gadgets, game consoles etc), a man's lot is his career, a woman's is marriage (according to the curse after the fall of man), women are indirect, men are always direct, men want sex before they develop feelings for women, women can't have sex without emotional attachment first(unless they r who.res, even if they are who.res lolzzz), a man wants to hv sex, a woman wants to make love (I swear she doesn't even mind just cuddling), men

The fact that you hate marriage for reasons best known to u mean not everyone else will. What gives u happiness might be another thing to me.

One man's food...
Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 9:06am On Nov 05, 2014
An eye opener

2 Likes

Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by Nobody: 9:06am On Nov 05, 2014
kilokeys:
my tots exactly..
but....

ill do it for safe, guiltless sex.
ill do it for respect
ill do it for responsibility
ill do it to preserve the human race
ill do it to avoid being lonely
ill do it for the cutest things, babies.
ill do it for HER

Oh! A thousand kisses to you.

2 Likes

Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by Ndukwe007(m): 9:07am On Nov 05, 2014
killjoy:

my view isn't biased but based on experience hence in touch with reality. if u don't believe single men hv as much fun as married men, tell me what they r missing.
A TRUE COMPANIUM
Re: Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only by kendrick93(m): 9:07am On Nov 05, 2014
yaskarahyelhope:

E no easy sha. But with God all things are possible. We can do all things through Christ Jesus DAT strengthens Ussssssssss......
so he shouldn't hav sex just because he isn't married? fuckin bullsh1t... i'm sure u hav had sex with guys u are not married to

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (42) (Reply)

Lady Selling Banana Causes Stir With Her Backside. / What Name Do You Call Your Lover In Your Language? / Nurse Found Dead After Marathon Sex With Lover In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.