Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,970 members, 7,810,689 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:21 PM

Political Bias Of Nigerian Media (Newspapers/Blogs, TV/Radio Stations) - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Political Bias Of Nigerian Media (Newspapers/Blogs, TV/Radio Stations) (36797 Views)

Orji Kalu Charges Buhari To Fight Without Political Bias / Radio Stations Shutting Down / Nigerian Media Hail ''Infrastructural Boom'' In The Country (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Political Bias Of Nigerian Media (Newspapers/Blogs, TV/Radio Stations) by Delegate(m): 6:44am On Nov 10, 2014
chilledbarbie:
I have been a guest on nairaland and i love this site and im a uniben fresher i dedicate it to uniben and this is my first post
welcome are u an incoming fresher or u are writing GST this Saturday?
Re: Political Bias Of Nigerian Media (Newspapers/Blogs, TV/Radio Stations) by Acidosis(m): 6:55am On Nov 10, 2014
Idrismusty97:
Channel TV don't have political affiliation...Oh you already added it cool. One of the best in Nigeria!

Did i just see Nairaland on the list of "No political affiliation"? lipsrsealed

And please remove TVC as an affiliate of APC or any other party. They too are neutral! You are spoiling their reputation.

Oga which of the TVCs are you talking about? The one TINUBU built with tax payers' money or the one my great grand father built in his village?

TVC is APC; TVC Entertainment is APC; CONSAT satellite is APC! All built by TINUBU

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Political Bias Of Nigerian Media (Newspapers/Blogs, TV/Radio Stations) by MORNDEW(m): 7:09am On Nov 10, 2014
Nairaland is affiliated to PDP. The Op nd many others knows this.
Re: Political Bias Of Nigerian Media (Newspapers/Blogs, TV/Radio Stations) by JeffreyJamez(m): 7:13am On Nov 10, 2014
TechRev:
Nairaland should not be on that list. Nairaland is a forum that reposts what media houses already published.

Thank you!!!!!!!....It's good to know there are people that still have sense!!.....

Someone was saying Seun should hire investigative journalist abi journalist sef so that he can be getting first hand news and was comparing Nairaland to Punch,Lib and the likes...I just laughed, Maybe they should all go and check the meaning of the word FORUM!!

1 Like

Re: Political Bias Of Nigerian Media (Newspapers/Blogs, TV/Radio Stations) by holatin(m): 7:33am On Nov 10, 2014
they need source of generating more income.
what do u expect ?
Re: Political Bias Of Nigerian Media (Newspapers/Blogs, TV/Radio Stations) by sunnyotunsman: 8:00am On Nov 10, 2014
So true!
You should also remember that political parties pays their bills.If you Check their advert placement,politics is the highest rates.Also,politicians are acquiring larger percentages of shares in the media so that they can control it.Why didnt you mention who pm news is affiliated to?apc of course.

1 Like

Re: Political Bias Of Nigerian Media (Newspapers/Blogs, TV/Radio Stations) by jthingz: 8:18am On Nov 10, 2014
CITYFM is politically bais. ArmChair analysis

1 Like

Re: Political Bias Of Nigerian Media (Newspapers/Blogs, TV/Radio Stations) by OLADD: 8:25am On Nov 10, 2014
Chigold101:
u dont use advert to judge a tv or newspaper of being a pro any party at all. Advert or advertorial is what keep media houses in business.

AIT is not a pro-PDP station, they are more of APC. How to find out this is during election. Am judging based on what they reported about Anambra state & Ekiti state elections.
Then if anybody thinks that Vanguard is a pro PDP, that person has to read vanguard opinion columns especially that of sunday vanguard.
From my own findings; 80% of Nigeria media houses that is based in Ogun & Lagos are pro and advocates of APC...
[color=#006600][/color]

I agree with you 100%. So accurate.

1 Like

Re: Political Bias Of Nigerian Media (Newspapers/Blogs, TV/Radio Stations) by Nobody: 8:26am On Nov 10, 2014
GEJ till 2019. ................
Re: Political Bias Of Nigerian Media (Newspapers/Blogs, TV/Radio Stations) by Brainaic(m): 8:30am On Nov 10, 2014
nikpet2:
. bro you be preacher ooo.. chaiii naa who ask you this job nah?

Hehehe. . Oya sow your seed to the Man of God grin
Re: Political Bias Of Nigerian Media (Newspapers/Blogs, TV/Radio Stations) by OLADD: 8:33am On Nov 10, 2014
sunnyotunsman:
So true!
You should also remember that political parties pays their bills.If you Check their advert placement,politics is the highest rates.Also,politicians are acquiring larger percentages of shares in the media so that they can control it.Why didnt you mention who pm news is affiliated to?apc of course.
[color=#006600][/color]

You are very correct about PM NEWS.
Re: Political Bias Of Nigerian Media (Newspapers/Blogs, TV/Radio Stations) by hayoakins(m): 8:37am On Nov 10, 2014
Reason why Channels keeps winning the best TV station. One would have thought TVC would have won this year's but for their political affiliation to APC.

Sitting on the fence sometimes pays the bills better and faster.

1 Like

Re: Political Bias Of Nigerian Media (Newspapers/Blogs, TV/Radio Stations) by Ezeibe(m): 8:42am On Nov 10, 2014
OkekeOnyi:
The roads are not meant 4 people that do not travel...
abi ooo........ For the part of the country wey i dey nothing dey.... Lets be sincere with our selves, this goverment is equivalent to faliure..
Re: Political Bias Of Nigerian Media (Newspapers/Blogs, TV/Radio Stations) by Shollay20(m): 8:59am On Nov 10, 2014
Nairaland leading others follow
Re: Political Bias Of Nigerian Media (Newspapers/Blogs, TV/Radio Stations) by manutdadex(m): 9:49am On Nov 10, 2014
Ezeibe:
The advert wey dey pain me pass na TAN advert for AIT, especailly that their song " gwudluck jonathan u are gwudluck to 9geria"..... Me self go dey wonder where those roads dey,..... Cos since i dey this country i neva benefit for any tangible thing
go meet ur state government!
Re: Political Bias Of Nigerian Media (Newspapers/Blogs, TV/Radio Stations) by manutdadex(m): 9:52am On Nov 10, 2014
kamez:
Ok. And dis post is suppose to help us how??

Nigerians are not stupid.. We know what we want so irrespective of what the media writes about parties and politicians alike, we have eyes and we can see clearly enough to differentiate the rogues from the real deal...

Though at the moment I think all politicians fall into the rogue category
seriously!? U need to speak to people who listens to news and read d papers everyday, either consously or sub consously u wil go wit d flow of d news article u read! You should speak to Nigerians outside,,d not too educated type and listen to lies they speak!
Re: Political Bias Of Nigerian Media (Newspapers/Blogs, TV/Radio Stations) by Hemanwel(m): 10:00am On Nov 10, 2014
chilledbarbie:
I have been a guest on nairaland and i love this site and im a uniben fresher i dedicate it to uniben and this is my first post
...and what again?
Re: Political Bias Of Nigerian Media (Newspapers/Blogs, TV/Radio Stations) by goodgood2(m): 10:23am On Nov 10, 2014
we have more pro APC media in lagos sha.

No thanks to El Asiwagu Tinubu. The dude fucki owns TVC, Thenation and so many.
Re: Political Bias Of Nigerian Media (Newspapers/Blogs, TV/Radio Stations) by vicadex07(m): 10:29am On Nov 10, 2014
chilledbarbie:
Hi

Hello barbie. Welcome to nairaland
Re: Political Bias Of Nigerian Media (Newspapers/Blogs, TV/Radio Stations) by israelbenzion: 10:33am On Nov 10, 2014
Nig. Info in Port Harcourt is pro-Amaechi and anti-GEJ. when they anchor call-in programs, they never ever bring up a headline or topic that is critical of Amaechi. they dwell heavily on ani-FG news and headlines. when a caller criticizes Amaechi, u see them trying to cut you off or be like "don't get personal; do u have solid proof?get straight to the point; we might have to let you go; ". but u wanna slam GEJ? they'd give u enough time. and this is particularly evident when the women anchor.

4 Likes

Re: Political Bias Of Nigerian Media (Newspapers/Blogs, TV/Radio Stations) by zeyt: 11:19am On Nov 10, 2014
Vanguard an abominably biased news media.
Re: Political Bias Of Nigerian Media (Newspapers/Blogs, TV/Radio Stations) by Guyman02: 11:21am On Nov 10, 2014
I am a citizens without bias

Pic 1: JonaTAN constructed roads mainly on billboards.

Pic 2: Actual Nigerian Roads plied daily by citizens on the ground.
Pic 3: Enugu Onitsha Expressway (The road leading to TAN leader Ifeanyi Ubas Village in Anambra State)
Pic 4: Second Niger Bridge Under Construction. Lol!

Perhaps very soon Nigerians will start driving to their destinations via billboardic roads grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Political Bias Of Nigerian Media (Newspapers/Blogs, TV/Radio Stations) by Newshunter: 11:46am On Nov 10, 2014
Add WAZOBIA to APC, it is purely APC, difficult for them to go against APC.
Re: Political Bias Of Nigerian Media (Newspapers/Blogs, TV/Radio Stations) by adadadon(m): 11:50am On Nov 10, 2014
donmalcolm21:
List Of Nigeria Media And Their Political Affiliation

Taking a cusory look at 2015 elections and the lies and propaganda being spewed out, I've decided to list out Nigeria media leanings and their political affiliation so that you can "judge the book by its cover".

PDP: Vanguard, Sun, Thisday, Tribune, LIB, AIT, NTA, FRCN, VON, Champion, Daily Independent.

APC: Nation, Punch, Saharareporters, Premiumtimes, TVC, Inspiration Fm, ereporters, Leadership, Dailytrust, etc

No Political Affiliation:Guardian, Nig info, Nairaland, Channels.
All except naira land which is evidently pro GEJ

1 Like

Re: Political Bias Of Nigerian Media (Newspapers/Blogs, TV/Radio Stations) by Newshunter: 11:54am On Nov 10, 2014
Guyman02 you do not need to tell us you are bias because the picture and comments on your posts are false, so you are bias. So bad you do not know the difference between foot bridge and motor bridge.
Re: Political Bias Of Nigerian Media (Newspapers/Blogs, TV/Radio Stations) by exe0(m): 12:05pm On Nov 10, 2014
chilledbarbie:

Re: Political Bias Of Nigerian Media (Newspapers/Blogs, TV/Radio Stations) by exe0(m): 12:06pm On Nov 10, 2014
chilledbarbie:

hw u dey prepare for d baptism by fire(clearance). Hope u dont all any Dob or name issues in ur ssce result?
Re: Political Bias Of Nigerian Media (Newspapers/Blogs, TV/Radio Stations) by DangotePikin: 12:06pm On Nov 10, 2014
Sahara reporters and Punch are the most obvious for me.
Re: Political Bias Of Nigerian Media (Newspapers/Blogs, TV/Radio Stations) by adekojeku(m): 12:11pm On Nov 10, 2014
Otuoke straight 2015......e no finish?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Joel Savage: Driving Obafemi Awolowo Through The Principal Streets Of Calabar / Ambode With Lai Mohammed, D'banj At The Flag Off Of One Lagos Fiesta - Photos / Ben Bruce And El-Rufai Trade Words On Twitter Over Abuja-Kaduna Railway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.