Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,276 members, 7,826,078 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 09:25 AM

Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate - Fashion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate (44679 Views)

Latest Weaves In The Market And Prices / Worm-infested Weaves Now In The Market / ~ How Long Do You Keep Your Weaves, Braids & Cornrows~ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by bettes(f): 3:49am On Nov 26, 2008
@Poster:You are living in a world of paranoa.i'm sure soon you'd tell us how AIDs isnt real but its a story fabricated by the white to bring the black race backwards.I this is critisms of wigs and perms started from some babe who refused to date you cause you couldnt afford to pay her bills.
You are a complete hyprocrite coming under pretex of christianity quoting parts of the bible you have no wisdom to understand,why didnt you come out and honestly admit you were into mystism,because you knew people will regard as a 'were alaso'.
You cant force your beliefs or convince beautifying themself is self hate,if you are looking for people that are suicidal there are places i can direct you to,they can grab on to your dumb ideas as a last resort.
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by tpia: 4:00am On Nov 26, 2008
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by dbaptist1(m): 6:04am On Nov 26, 2008
they are afraid of their tru id
its high time Nigerian ladies in particular become appreciative of their culture and who they really are
thats why i love some yoruba and hausa ladies after they plait those their weaving hair they look very take-away
we should appreciate our own and sell our culture mainly not going after some foreign cultures we c on d tv screen which dey don't even use except in their movies
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by fayahsoul: 6:34am On Nov 26, 2008
tpia:

I'm just pulling your leg. cheesy

Fayahsoul is not a serious person- don't let him deceive you with all his repressed talk.

The guy's probably fantasizing about some white woman - hence his fixation with hair.

Either that or he can't work up the courage to actually talk to one. Hence lecturing black women on their hair is the next substitute.

You dey chop rat?
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by okunoba(m): 6:47am On Nov 26, 2008
Eradication of mental slavery and colonial mentality, is a task that must be accomplished. We must teach our women to love and accept this nice hair that god gave us. Black hair is beautiful we don`t need to have long straight hair like white people to be seen as such.

1 Like

Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by sweeriie(f): 7:30am On Nov 26, 2008

Where does it say so in your bible?

The number 6 and 9 are like the ying and yang cosmic forces, positive and negative. 9 is positive/yang while 6 is negative/ying. Intuitively you can see that 6 is an inverted 9 signifing a flip of energy and essence and when they are brought together you get 69 which is the snake eating its tail or the cycle of eternal rebirth.

i hear you. forget Christian numerology. . . lets concentrate on astrology. that many nubians dont meddle with astrology doesnt mean u shld twist information to suit ur point of view. first you mixed astrology with Christianity, now u're mixing astrology with taoism? i dunno where u got that "9 is positive/yang while 6 is negative/ying". cld u please send the link? lol, u probably just looked at the symbol n decided that it was a circle with 6 and 9 in it grin but even if u do that, 9 is the dark part, and not 6. plus, its more like 6 and 9 flipped horizontally.

from the little i kno, yin (ying is a common error) is associated with darkness, birth, feminity. yang, of course is the opposite. i have never read anywhere that 6 is yin, or that yin is negative. if u say so, u'd be saying all females are agents of darkness (wont be surprised if that's at the tip of ur tongue already). please do ur research well. . . i'm afraid that point holds no water.

now, back to astrology (undiluted). look up that link i sent u. it has the explanations of astrological numerology. n u'd see that 6 is indeed perfect.
http://horoscopes.lovetoknow.com/Numerology_Number_Meanings
http://www.crystalinks.com/numerology2.html
http://ezinearticles.com/?Numerology-and-the-Meaning-of-Numbers&id=403311
need more??
(gawd, i cant believe i'm actually educating u in ur art!)

as an aside, u reject the "white man's God" yet u meddle in astrology, a predominantly eastern tradition? n please dont start that ur ancestors too knew about all the heavens and blah, i'm pretty sure they never meddled with "energies" or "essence" or "cosmic forces". theirs was pure witchcraft- how to use the heavens to ruin people's destinies. even astrologers acknowledge the "white man's God". so y r u deceiving urself??

"I have evolved passed the phase of institutionalized superstition disguised as religion". indeed.
plus u shld kno, Christianity isnt a religion, but a way of life.
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by sweeriie(f): 7:40am On Nov 26, 2008
besides, y are all these naturalists saying that hair extensions r made from dead people's hair? i dunno how they make it back home (probably horse tail), but here, living women either donate or sell their hair to the extension makers. manufactured under the sea by mammy-waters makes a better story. . lol
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by trillionsG(f): 11:13am On Nov 26, 2008
i really dont get d reason 4 dis thread.aint nowhere in d Bible was it written dat it was a Sin 2 look good as regards d hair.if u re really a black sista u shuld know d kinda hair we have.rite now am growin my hair 4 Dreads ve not retouched 4 6months n am goin crazy.makiin it is a problem.so pls let all dem sistas fe love perms,wigs, n hair extentions be.
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by Nnenna1(f): 11:27am On Nov 26, 2008
KarmaMod:

I rather talk about the "shit" on her face

Weave or no weave, Mercy belongs on Animal Farm

You're a very nasty person. And I'm not trying to be funny.
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by chicanita: 12:05pm On Nov 26, 2008
@fayahsoul
You dey chop rat?

OMG!! our dear soul brother is talking gangster (Naija style). shocked
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by cyriluzo(m): 1:35pm On Nov 26, 2008
@fayahsoul
I know ur stuff, confused set of humans looking for means to justify there irrational ideology
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by tpia: 2:25pm On Nov 26, 2008
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by tpia: 2:32pm On Nov 26, 2008
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by carmelily: 3:09pm On Nov 26, 2008
@tpia

You no go kill me. I just imagined Obama in the Oval Office looking like these your guys up there. Abeg i no fit laugh. Una no go buy strong goat rope tie fayahsoul? O rue n'omume o!
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by KarmaMod(f): 3:22pm On Nov 26, 2008
Nnenna1:

You're a very nasty person. And I'm not trying to be funny.

Lmao. Hi Mercy! When's the next movie?  grin

as an aside, u reject the "white man's God" yet u meddle in astrology, a predominantly eastern tradition?

Abi o.

although I wouldnt say our ancestors dealt with "pure witchcraft" but I wont go offtopic  wink

sweeriie:

besides, y are all these naturalists saying that hair extensions r made from dead people's hair? i don't know how they make it back home (probably horse tail), but here, living women either donate or sell their hair to the extension makers.

It's all ignorance. Havent they heard of people donating hair to make extensions or wigs for cancer patients and what not. not sure where morgue hair came from
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by bettes(f): 3:31pm On Nov 26, 2008
carmelily:

@tpia

You no go kill me. I just imagined Obama in the Oval Office looking like these your guys up there. Abeg i no fit laugh. Una no go buy strong goat rope tie fayahsoul? O rue n'omume o!

grin grin grin grin[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by tpia: 4:04pm On Nov 26, 2008
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by osisi6(f): 4:10pm On Nov 26, 2008
Abeg osisi make you translate for me o

Ok o.all for fayahsoul

ara gba chi kwa gi nti means "let madness posess the whole of you"
Onye ara ogbete means "mad man/woman of Ogbete"
Ogbete market is the biggest market in Enugu
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by tpia: 4:16pm On Nov 26, 2008
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by osisi6(f): 4:18pm On Nov 26, 2008
why does that second girl have hair growing on her forehead shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by cyriluzo(m): 4:22pm On Nov 26, 2008
tpia:

What part of people want to look good, is so hard for him to understand?

In his own part of the world,  looking good is a crime punishable by death. Anyone guilty of this offense is termed "SELF HATER"    shocked shocked shocked
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by tpia: 4:26pm On Nov 26, 2008
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by carmelily: 4:26pm On Nov 26, 2008
*osisi:

Ok o.all for fayahsoul

ara gba chi kwa gi nti means "let madness posess the whole of you"
Onye ara ogbete means "mad man/woman of Ogbete"
Ogbete market is the biggest market in Enugu

"onye ara Holy Ghost park" seems more appropriate since they all seem to fall just short of entering the market proper. Now i think about it, maybe na all that attachment wey dey market them dey fear? grin cheesy

*osisi:

why does that second girl have hair growing on her forehead shocked shocked shocked shocked

It's a "nubian" thing. you know, nature occurs in "spirals". she's a true "sista". LMAO grin grin grin
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by cyriluzo(m): 4:28pm On Nov 26, 2008
hew!!!, so na how fayahsoul say make our ladies dey look b dis?
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by bettes(f): 4:44pm On Nov 26, 2008
cyriluzo:

hew!!!, so na how fayahsoul say make our ladies dey look b this?
[color=#990000][/color]

Bros can you feel our pain,if i looked like that then i will probably understand the meaning of self-hate.
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by Nobody: 4:45pm On Nov 26, 2008
@ OP and the rest

Get a job and plsss use a deodorant.
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by tpia: 5:12pm On Nov 26, 2008
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by Nobody: 5:33pm On Nov 26, 2008
tpia:

can fayahsoul please explain if these Africans have "6" or "9" hair.

Natural selection. (see Darwin) grin
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by savanaha: 7:40pm On Nov 26, 2008
Why is the argument being changed. Stop putting dangerous chemicals into your body and stop putting wigs and weaves on. Weaves actually break hair lines. End.
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by KarmaMod(f): 8:17pm On Nov 26, 2008
How are weaves breaking hair if the hair itself is braided underneath? Many ways to do weaves that dont damage your hair but have fun foaming at the mouth with rants sha grin

and no one is going off topic. It should be quite OBVIOUS that the point of the pics is to show that added hair isnt something NEW
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by bettes(f): 8:43pm On Nov 26, 2008
savanaha:

Why is the argument being changed. Stop putting dangerous chemicals into your body and stop putting wigs and weaves on. Weaves actually break hair lines. End.
[color=#006600][/color]

Mrs Thomas Edison of hair,if you want to go around looking like 'jambo jambo' no problem you are entitled to dress the way you want,but to now try to force your opinions on other people now thats madness.
I think you should put your money where your mouth is start an NGO and campaign against the usage of wigs,perms,deodorants and so on,that might actually get you the attention you are in desperate need of.
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by fayahsoul: 9:14pm On Nov 26, 2008
i hear you. forget Christian numerology. . . lets concentrate on astrology.

I will take it that this is your way of saying that you are wrong.

first you mixed astrology with Christianity, now u're mixing astrology with taoism?

I am not a numerologist nor an astrologist nor a christian nor a naturalist, I AM WHAT I AM. I am truth and justice and identify with the truth(s) in any given philosophy; be it astrology, numerology, christianity, islam or whateva. I am not saying that these philosophies are composed of 100% truth rather i am saying that they contain some truth. So i can use the various truths from these diverse philosophies to corroborate my argument.

i don't know where u got that "9 is positive/yang while 6 is negative/ying".

From the links you provided here are some descriptions of the 9 and 6 ether energies:

The Six, 6, is pregnant with love. It is the number of family and social responsibility. The social responsibilities of the Six create a need to understand and gain insight, a need to find some way of placing experiences into a meaningful whole. Can be something of a perfectionist, but it does offer an emphatic ear. Represents equilibrium; harmony - balance. It is the perfect number within the decad: 1+2+3=6. It is the most productive of all numbers. It symbolizes union of polarity, the hermaphrodite being represented by the two interlaced triangles, the upward- pointing as male, fire and the heavens, and the downward-pointing as female, the waters and the earth.

Nine: It is the Triple Triad - Completion; fulfillment; attainment; beginning and the end; the whole number; a celestial and angelic number - the Earthly Paradise.
It is the number of the circumference, its division into 90 degrees and into 360 for the entire circumference. Nine is symbolized by the two triangles which are a symbol of male, fire, mountain and female, water, cave principles. As we confront this ending the focus shifts from the material to the spiritual. Selfless service and universal ideas become paramount. The character of the Nine, 9, is very much like the Six, 6. Whereas the Six sends its love to the material world of family and friends, the Nine closes the cycle by returning its love and compassion to higher ideals. It represents completion, an ending and humanity as a whole. Compassionate, romantic, self-less and generous, nines are very loving individuals

You can see that 6 has a yin/feminine essence and it's limited to the dealings of the material world while 9 is transcendental. Nine is mind Six is sex. Yin and yan principles deal with the law of polarity or opposites. yin is the feminine/negative, yan the male/positive but this distinction is not based on discrimination or on our mundane concepts of negative as bad positive as good rather it's about integral functions. Is just like the electron is a negative charge and the proton a positive, this does not mean that the electron is bad/evil. Bad/evil are man made judgments.

Positive cannot exists on it own. We need negative to know what positve is and also to make existence possible. Negative is magnetic, it attracts. Positive is electircal, it transmits. Hence sperm seeks out the ovary.

6 is perfect in the sense that man can from woman or light came from dark. The Y chromosome evolved from the X chromosome but before that there were only females. Females are genetically superior to males. But the perfection of 6 is still one of material only; it's unbalanced.

n please don't start that ur ancestors too knew about all the heavens and blah, i'm pretty sure they never meddled with "energies" or "essence" or "cosmic forces". theirs was pure witchcraft- how to use the heavens to ruin people's destinies.

You sound like a whitey. And yes the ancient nubians were immortalised as gods on earth by other groups on earth. They spread civilisation and high culture through the globe. believe that. Modern religion is witchcraft because as you can see it has ruined the consciousness of nubians. Nubia before religion was much more ordered and harmonious which means our "pure witchcraft" was good for human development. a tree is know by the fruit it bears and judging from the fruit religion bears, one can conclude the your christianity(and other religions) are in fact the "purest witchcraft"  

plus u shld kno, Christianity isnt a religion, but a way of life.

Culture is a way of life, religion is an aspect of culture. Religion involves ritual practices. This is common knowledge.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply)

Sleek Makeup Versus Marykay And Mac / Lady Mocked For 14 Years Because Of Her 'ugly' Leg Turns To A Successful Model / Social Media Ladies Show Us Their Faces Before And After Makeup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.