Stats: 3,195,355 members, 7,957,952 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 05:25 AM

Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate - Fashion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate (45754 Views)

Latest Weaves In The Market And Prices / Worm-infested Weaves Now In The Market / ~ How Long Do You Keep Your Weaves, Braids & Cornrows~ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by sweeriie(f): 9:54pm On Nov 25, 2008
fayahsoul:

Hey there Mrs. thing, your bible says: "Ye are Gods", see john 10:34.

-The negus(pharoahs) were considered gods in flesh.

-Oduduwa was considered a god in flesh.

-Eri (founder of Nri) was considered god in flesh who descended from deep space.

-gods do reincanate in flesh.

Don't you know that hue-mans are more powerful than many spirit beings.

-Did your bible not say that angels are our servants?

first off, the name is sweeriie, not Mrs thing. n i'm not married.

yes. ur ancestors made their rulers gods. they did not claim they were all gods and goddesses. only a select few were elevated to god status.

fayahsoul:

9 does symbolize completion that's why when you add any single digit to 9 and reduce the result to a single digit you will get that same digit:

e.g  9 + 7 = 16,    1  +  6 =  7.

what is complete does not cause disturbance or imbalance.

8 symbolizes the retribution or karma that must be served before completion can be attained.

And the planetary and celestial bodies does have a significant effect on terra/earth and its inhabitants in every way; be it spiritually, emotinally and physically, whether you like it or not and regardless of what your bible says.

So deal with it.  Mrs. thing.

i didnt dispute that 9 signifies completeness in occult/astrology. i am pointing out, however, that in the same astrology (which u seem to be very versed in), 6 symbolises perfection. which, last time i checked, is a good thing. look it up yourself, king nubia http://numerology-astrology.com/spirit/num_meanings.html. in Christian numerology however, 6 and 9 are negative numbers.

according to you, we shldnt mess up the 9s of our hair and turn em to 6s (implying 6 is negative, right?) isnt that like mixing ur astrological beliefs with Christian numerology??

if u are goin 2 mess up our heads with cosmic blah, at least be a little accurate.

p.s: "my" Bible is the real thing. funny how that chart refers to Christianity. n its meant to be occultic o. tongue
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by nomanicole(f): 11:39pm On Nov 25, 2008
hey God! una no go kill person 4 nairaland o!
@j-girl
u rock! nice talk there.

@beebop
u are so funny,i couldnt help but laugh at the sarcasm u put up there,don't mind all this fake people who cant face reality even when its glaring,go gal!
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by savanaha: 12:09am On Nov 26, 2008
After saying it to these people over and over they keep destroying themselves with theweave perm crap. And honestly why would someone want to put wig on their hair real or synthetic its disgusting. People that will never hear!! "Who can't hear must feel" as Jamaicans will tell you
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by SisiJinx: 12:31am On Nov 26, 2008
I don't get the topic

What's nubian mean?
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by okunoba(m): 1:48am On Nov 26, 2008
There is no doubt the black world is still suffering from the effects slavery and colonization. We subconsciously want to be like white people, in dressing, religion and our physical being but sadly enough not in things that matter. Technology and the development of society to make life better for our people. If we were doing these things like the Chinese , so many of us wouldn`t be economic refugees all over the white world. We are the only race in the world where more than half our women who have the funds have fake or permed hair. Whites do wear  fake hair but only a very small percentage. What percentage of of non Black women wear fake hair? We can safely say very very few. James Brown to convince himself of his black pride sang "am black and proud" yet for most of his adult life was only seen with permed, straightened hair that was how he proved his black pride. Micheal Jackson to convince the World and himself that he didn`t hate being black, sang "it doesn`t matter if u black and white", but we all know how much his done to look white. Hair perm, skin bleaching and countless surgery.  Decedents of the Trans Atlantic slave trade  refer to natural Bantu black hair as ugly and kinky but if u have natural straight or curly wavy hair they call it nice and beautifully. We Blacks can`t deny how much we  hate this nice hair that god gave to us, y else would we be willing to put anything on our head to hide it.  The facts are too obvious. My girlfriend thinks it`s such a shame that black women hate their hair so much, they are willing to wear dead people`s hair that smells most of the time in other to see themselves as looking good.  As much as I hate to agree with her, in this case I have to agree with her,  stupid pride most not stop one from facing facts, even if shamefull.
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by KarmaMod(f): 1:50am On Nov 26, 2008
Im sure we all care about your spiritual gf's opinion.
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by okunoba(m): 2:14am On Nov 26, 2008
I don`t think most Nigerian women will care about wearing fake hair until we black men let them know how much we hate it and how we find the smell disquesting. That might still not help, we might have to recruit a pastor to convince them, by preaching how god spoke to him" to tell black women to stop disrespecting dead people by wearing their hair" Can any body find a pastor for this struggle. I forgot how the pastor was going to make money from the preaching. Church followers have to pay for prayers to remove the dead people`s curse on them.
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by savanaha: 2:32am On Nov 26, 2008
okunoba:

I don`t think most Nigerian women will care about wearing fake hair until we black men let them know how much we hate it and how we find the smell disquesting. That might still not help, we might have to recruit a pastor to convince them, by preaching how god spoke to him" to tell black women to stop disrespecting dead people by wearing their hair" Can any body find a pastor for this struggle. I forgot how the pastor was going to make money from the preaching. Church followers have to pay for prayers to remove the dead people`s curse on them.

I almost fell off my chair laughing. Tell 'em, the more people that say it they will probably realize how true it is. Honestly at this point this whole thing needs religious help and divine intervention. Even people here think that natural hair is disgusting and dirty, wow! The hate must be stopped some how.

Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by fayahsoul: 2:41am On Nov 26, 2008
Your hypocrisy is unbelievable,in your first post you preached that women that used wigs,perms or wove their hair were 'desecrating the temple of God(their bodies) and were therefore immoral,hence punisable'.i want to assume you came here hoping to be the one eyed man in the land of the blind and on the other hand you are saying 'You' are against inter-racial marriages?I[b] know you cannot be a christian christianity promotes peace and preaches love,there is no room for hatred(racism).[/b]As someone rightly pointed all this cosmic talk sounds like mysticism(occultic)please stop hiding under christian.
You were to busy making noise that wearing wigs and perms is a brand of of ownership by colonial masters.Thats a case of throwing stones from a glass house.The laptop,pc or phone you are using to surf right now was it not thanks to these so called 'colonial masters'.

Of all people to call me a hypocrit it's a christian. The same christians that never practice what they preach. They repent and then sin again and again and again and repent again on sunday. Look at how pathetic nigeria is; a country that is supposedly very religious. Do you know how many atrocities have been perpertrated in the name of religion? Do you know about the crusades? or the jihads? or the MAAFA? war on terror? Give me a break.

I never said i was a christian or religious. I am spiritual. I have evolved passed the phase of institutionalized superstition disguised as religion.

Christianity has no room for hatred you say? Nothing can be further from the truth.

Christianity is based on racism and blatant hatred. Aren't those fake "ashkenazi jews" in that US colony called is-real-lie your white God's choosen people? what about the rest of us? isn't that racism? How was the land of is-real-lie acquired? wasn't it through the genocidal mass slaughter of the black canaanites? or what about the extermination of the people of Ai by joshua and his troops under the command of your God(joshua8:24)?

The fact is that the biblical God hates(he hated esua), his genocidal, perverted, racists, vengful, jealous and just plain sadistic. The funny thing is that you christians and muslems blame the devil for all the problems and evils in the world but in your bible and koran it is only your so-called merciful God that was doing all the killing and cursing. What exactly did this devil do? Make humans to become conscious of their reality; oh big deal. but it was your God that then cursed Adam/eve and their descendants and condemned them to an indefinite period of pain and suffering. So who is the bad guy?

As if that is not enough his supposed son then comes around in the new testament talking about: if you don't believe that i am the son of God you will be condemed to an enternity in hell. Yeah just what we need, going from hell on earth to hell on where ever. Abeg spare me.

I just use your bible as a reference because it is a very effective way to reach my people whose mental faculties are being manipulated by this religious institutions. They are under a spell that's why they believe in the gospel/ghost-spell. To see with the eye of faith they have to close the eye of reason.

By the way, Most of the technological innovations in use were not invented by whitey, whitey is just good a stealing other peoples ideas and profiting of it. The phone for example was evented by a nubia Lewis latimer. Philip emegwali invented the web.

You are living in the matrix, wake up.
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by fayahsoul: 2:49am On Nov 26, 2008
Is it any surprise that an extremely high number of dreadlocked black men date and marry Caucasian women.

who's fooling who.

Natural hair indeed. Why don't they marry fellow dreadlocks like themselves in most instances.

It is a war strategy. The plan is to re-graft whitey back into humanity.

Nature is driving them to extinction through global warming. This is the price they are to pay for establishing this abormination called western civilization and forcing humans into this parasitic global system.

Nonetheless, i do not support that strategy.
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by fayahsoul: 3:03am On Nov 26, 2008
in Christian numerology however, 6 and 9 are negative numbers.
Where does it say so in your bible?

The number 6 and 9 are like the ying and yang cosmic forces, positive and negative. 9 is positive/yang while 6 is negative/ying. Intuitively you can see that 6 is an inverted 9 signifing a flip of energy and essence and when they are brought together you get 69 which is the snake eating its tail or the cycle of eternal rebirth.
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by fayahsoul: 3:07am On Nov 26, 2008
savanaha:

After saying it to these people over and over they keep destroying themselves with theweave perm crap. And honestly why would someone want to put wig on their hair real or synthetic its disgusting. People that will never hear!! "Who can't hear must feel" as Jamaicans will tell you

The queen is in da house,

The king has got ya back. Lets shock the people.
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by fayahsoul: 3:14am On Nov 26, 2008
okunoba:

There is no doubt the black world is still suffering from the effects slavery and colonization. We subconsciously want to be like white people, in dressing, religion and our physical being but sadly enough not in things that matter. Technology and the development of society to make life better for our people. If we were doing these things like the Chinese , so many of us wouldn`t be economic refugees all over the white world. We are the only race in the world where more than half our women who have the funds have fake or permed hair. Whites do wear fake hair but only a very small percentage. What percentage of of non Black women wear fake hair? We can safely say very very few. James Brown to convince himself of his black pride sang "am black and proud" yet for most of his adult life was only seen with permed, straightened hair that was how he proved his black pride. Micheal Jackson to convince the World and himself that he didn`t hate being black, sang "it doesn`t matter if u black and white", but we all know how much his done to look white. Hair perm, skin bleaching and countless surgery. Decedents of the Trans Atlantic slave trade refer to natural Bantu black hair as ugly and kinky but if u have natural straight or curly wavy hair they call it nice and beautifully. We Blacks can`t deny how much we hate this nice hair that god gave to us, y else would we be willing to put anything on our head to hide it. The facts are too obvious. My girlfriend thinks it`s such a shame that black women hate their hair so much, they are willing to wear dead people`s hair that smells most of the time in other to see themselves as looking good. As much as I hate to agree with her, in this case I have to agree with her, stupid pride most not stop one from facing facts, even if shamefull.

Point blank!

Real brothas never die, we multiply!
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by osisi6(f): 3:15am On Nov 26, 2008
fayahsoul:

Point blank!

Real brothas never die, we multiply!

you're still alive eh kwa?
let me come back
today na today
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by fayahsoul: 3:17am On Nov 26, 2008
savanaha:

I almost fell off my chair laughing. Tell 'em, the more people that say it they will probably realize how true it is. Honestly at this point this whole thing needs religious help and divine intervention. Even people here think that natural hair is disgusting and dirty, wow! The hate must be stopped some how.

The epitome of[b] Goddesshood[/b].
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by tpia: 3:19am On Nov 26, 2008
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by fayahsoul: 3:19am On Nov 26, 2008
*osisi:

you're still alive eh kwa?
let me come back
today na today

ara ga agba ndi ara.
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by savanaha: 3:21am On Nov 26, 2008
fayahsoul:

The queen is in da house,

The king has got ya back. Lets shock the people.

Thank you my brotha.
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by okunoba(m): 3:23am On Nov 26, 2008
my dear, let us stop deceiving ourselves. GOD gaave us the knowledge to produce all of those products u mentioned. if u believe that they are harmful, u can equally stop eating because there is preservative in most foods they sell, go back to mud houses because chemicals are used in d cement which u can inhale, stop using foams, clothes, powder, almost everything because they contain chemical. that is why we 've agencies checking into the excesses of chemical usage. stop looking at outward things, clean ur hear first because that is the throne of God.

Dorley,
u are missing the point, if we wanted to copy the white world we should copy things that will help us live better, e.g good health, technology, good homes, rule of law, modern agriculture, things that actually make life better for us as a race. Do u see most Chinese or Indians wearing fake hair? But we can see how they have tried to copy the advancement of the white race in technology to improve the life of their people.  The shame is so bad we now meet people born and bread in Nigeria who will tell u with pride they do not speak any Nigerian language. Could u imagine growing up in India as an Indian and telling people with pride u don`t speak Urdu or any Indian language.  To quote a popular saying in Nigeria, U speak all the English, I have the lexus(money). Speaking big grammer, wearing fake hair or bleaching our skin will not put us on the same level as the these people we are trying so hard to look like until we start to do what really counts. Technology, rule of law and reason.
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by savanaha: 3:24am On Nov 26, 2008
tpia:

yeah right.

69 has such a deep spiritual meaning.

Because I busted you out on that one, you're trying to play games here.

Why don't you and savahana have a long talk on the metaphysical implications of 69.  There's a lot of spiritual esoterism in that number, and you guys have fun during your meditations.

Since your hair is very natural with no white man's contaminants, you two should be better placed to appreciate the bountiful buzz that comes from studying that number. Good luck on your journey to greater enlightenment. undecided

abeg make we hear word.

snake eating tail ko, tail eating snake ni.

Who would ever think that trying to make people understand that torturing their bodies would bring such anger. I am telling you leaving your hair natural lets your body go through a healing process that makes you internally and externally happy. All those nasty chemicals, weaves and wigs of dead people hair is an abomination. Don't get angry at the truth, accept it, learn from it and practice it.
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by osisi6(f): 3:25am On Nov 26, 2008
fayahsoul:

ara ga agba ndi ara.
ara gba chi kwa gi nti
Onye ara ogbete !
at the rate you're going you'll soon comot ya clothes and enter market.
you already have the dada hair to go with it.
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by KarmaMod(f): 3:27am On Nov 26, 2008
today na today! grin
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by KarmaMod(f): 3:28am On Nov 26, 2008
Abeg osisi make you translate for me o
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by fayahsoul: 3:28am On Nov 26, 2008
Look at this beautiful dark skin sista who is lost and engulfed by self-hate.

Why should a dark beauty like this diminish her true natural beauty by putting sh*t on her head?

Isn't that counter-productive?

na wa oo.

Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by tpia: 3:29am On Nov 26, 2008
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by KarmaMod(f): 3:30am On Nov 26, 2008
I rather talk about the "shit" on her face

Weave or no weave, Mercy belongs on Animal Farm
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by tpia: 3:32am On Nov 26, 2008
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by savanaha: 3:34am On Nov 26, 2008
tpia:

what's wrong with the lady?

She looks okay imo.

She might not be stunning, but she's not ugly either.
Look at those nasty tupe matts and I bet you she thinks she is getting it. Looks like she cut off the horsetail and stitched back up her self and then threw it on her head. The race or rather the chase to be white. Wearing blue makeup and a rug, if only black women realized that black don't crack. Make up was made to hide flaws, most black women have flawless skin thus no need for make up.

Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by KarmaMod(f): 3:36am On Nov 26, 2008
Watch "Kill the Bride" or "Coporate Maid"

She's gross
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by savanaha: 3:44am On Nov 26, 2008
tpia:

lady, I'm not angry. cheesy

All I'm saying is you need to hook up with fayahsoul and study the number 69.

After all, he's preaching his gospel here and you're one of his first converts. In fact, I think you're his soulmate since you agree with him almost word for word, and the guy surely can't get any clearer about his feelings for you, than he already has. Not to mention you have the natural hair to match your dedication. Need I say more. The stars are in alignment and this is your lucky day.

Do you have a better idea how to connect with him than what I said? grin

I agree with him becasue what he says hold water. There is historical relevance to the fact that blacks do all these things to alter their black looks but never admit to the fact that they are doing it.

Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by fayahsoul: 3:45am On Nov 26, 2008
*osisi:

ara gba chi kwa gi nti
Onye ara ogbete !
at the rate you're going you'll soon comot ya clothes and enter market.
you already have the dada hair to go with it.

hahahahahahahahahahaha

this girl go kill person ooo grin
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by fayahsoul: 3:48am On Nov 26, 2008
KarmaMod:

I rather talk about the "shit" on her face

Weave or no weave, Mercy belongs on Animal Farm

That's cold.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (18) (Reply)

Hair Breakage Remedy For Relaxed Hair / Manual Clipper: How Many Nairalanders Used This? (Photos) / Why Do Nigerian Girls Wear Jeans Without Pants?

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73