Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,669 members, 7,837,470 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 03:39 AM

1metre's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 1metre's Profile / 1metre's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 28 pages)

Car Talk / Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Always Wear A Seatbelt - Innoson by 1metre: 7:27am On Oct 11, 2017
Seat belts are life saver. Most people see seat belts as car fancy not realising that it is the most vital part of a car which should be in use before starting the engine. Morning everyone, pls drive safe. Remember your seat belt.

2 Likes

Crime / Re: South Africa Police Kills Another Nigerian Man During Raid In His House. Photos by 1metre: 7:20am On Oct 11, 2017
Mambox:

Another plane load of Nigerians just departed for South Africa while you were typing that.
my brother, u are not far from the truth. I once visited SA embassy in Abuja,the crowd I saw there was overwhelming. I was like if the screen of the realities of living in SA as a Nigerian can be reviewed, honestly everyone will withdraw their applications and run back home panting. SA is only good for studies unless u hv millions to invest in business activities else life there is hellish.

1 Like

Crime / Re: South Africa Police Kills Another Nigerian Man During Raid In His House. Photos by 1metre: 6:51am On Oct 11, 2017
cristianisraeli:
if they give me free visa to south africa.i would never go.i would rather go to zimbabwe
with the way things are, Zimbabwe will be better than SA in near future. SA guys are happy trigger people, imagine what happens when they are enrolled into the police force. Nigerian are always their target. To an average SA, every Nigerian is a drug person. Nigerian in SA should be very careful.
Foreign Affairs / Re: Racist Comments By White Men On Ghana Explosion Pointed Out By Nigerian Man by 1metre: 1:01pm On Oct 09, 2017
Tinnytony24:
I've jst lost my respect for white people angry... Tho nt all are racists... If i see one i knw... They dont welcome us bt we welcome them... Atleast i can boast that we Africans are better than them

All those people quoting me down dere... Atleast u shuld be proud of one thing na.... Shuu undecided
how do u expect a slave master to welcome a common slave in his palatial Kingdom if not in his farm? Debunk the cry, that's the bad effect of colonialism.
Foreign Affairs / Re: Racist Comments By White Men On Ghana Explosion Pointed Out By Nigerian Man by 1metre: 12:45pm On Oct 09, 2017
Tinnytony24:
I've jst lost my respect for white people angry... Tho nt all are racists... If i see one i knw... They dont welcome us bt we welcome them... Atleast i can boast that we Africans are better than them winkhow do u expect a slave master to welcome a common slave in his palatial kingdom if not in his farm? Debunk the cry bro, that's the side effect of colonialism.

All those people quoting me down dere... Atleast u shuld be proud of one thing na.... Shuu undecided
Religion / Re: I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? by 1metre: 10:38am On Oct 08, 2017
You did well. This is the perfect way to pay tithe not to those pastor who are manipulating people in the name of religion.

1 Like

Romance / Re: Seven Kinds Of Ladies Around A Broke Guy by 1metre: 1:48am On Oct 08, 2017
Who is a broke guy op? Because according 'by' me a broke person is one living without an aota or medicum of wisdom.
Travel / Re: My Sister To Be Deported Back To Nigeria On Arrival In Israel This Morning by 1metre: 12:08am On Oct 08, 2017
def111:
The visa is fake... After your sister get back. Carry army men go beat the agent. He know what he did...

u maybe right. Fake entry visa can jeopardise your good plan. I wonder why people use agents in their visa applications when u can easily walk in any of the embassy and get your facts right and prepare for them.
Politics / Re: NNPC: 5 Damaging Things Kachikwu Revealed In His Letter To Buhari by 1metre: 8:02am On Oct 05, 2017
magoo10:
Is it that efcc and its robotic chairman don't see this fraudulent practices to Investigate or are they accomplices to the looting.
there are many fraudulent practices to investigate in our federal and state parastatals, just that efcc is not independent. They are being controlled by cabals ruling the country.
Celebrities / Re: The Royal Albert Hall, London: Wizkid Performed & Made History Last Friday by 1metre: 7:44pm On Oct 03, 2017
flawlessT:
Places like this are meant for stars alone
not only for stars, anyone can visit there. It's in kesington gore uk.
Politics / Re: Independence day: Buhari To Hold Live Presidential Broadcast By 7 Am Tomorrow by 1metre: 9:38pm On Sep 30, 2017
Hmm..is alright. Niger looted for 57yrs.
Nairaland / General / Re: 10 Things That White People Don’t Like About Nigerians By Aroms Aigbehi by 1metre: 11:46am On Sep 28, 2017
The same way we African hate them. The white people are thieves. the African continent could have been one of the best in the world outside colonialism. The white people did more harm to us than good. Every continent has their world view as a people. The white forced us to denounce our culture and follow theirs. Do u think we don't have a religion? Do u think we don't hv intellectuals? Do u think we don't hv our world view? We could hv developed this great continent in our own African ways. African were suppose to enslave the white people. We had our value system before the advent of colonialism. The white raped the great continent of Africa. Remember civilization first started in Africa. Great people like Aristotle, Plato, Socrates were all scholars in Egypt during the pre-historic era. The sperm of tyranny which has cause global crisis in the world today is the result of colonialism if u stretch it further. It's time we Africans start a total renaissance, a rebirth that will usher in our real African identify which was stolen by the white. Colonialism is criminality, is the bases of our problems as a nation today.

3 Likes 1 Share

Business / Re: How Can I Recover My Money From A Lady? by 1metre: 9:24am On Sep 28, 2017
Kelklein:
You are just being unnecessarily apprehensive..

I don't see any problem here... She told you she's not feeling fine and when she gets well, she will find a way to go to a bank or ATM to reverse your money back to you. All you need now is patience. You will get your money.
op is apprehensive simply becos u were in a hurry to post a comment. Read again

1 Like

Nairaland / General / Re: Photo: Physically Challenge Barber Seen In Nigeria (his Client Chapdee Post On F by 1metre: 8:46am On Sep 28, 2017
Aden777:

Your brain is actually 1meter away from ur head... So what define d word "disability "?
everyone is suffering one disability or another, it all depends on how we manage them. Any type of challenge that is difficult to handle describe you as having a disability So therefore that's why I characterised disability into two categories.

Category 1 is 'perceptible disability' which are the ones u can see, like, u can easily identify a blind or deaf or physical challenge persons because their challenge present itself physically.

Category 2 is 'non- perceptible disability', those are ones u cannot see easily because they are inherent. They appear like sicknesses such as HIV, mental disability,cancer, being broke, illiteracy. That's my opinion.

The sound of your post can indicate u fall into category B.
Nairaland / General / Re: Photo: Physically Challenge Barber Seen In Nigeria (his Client Chapdee Post On F by 1metre: 7:04am On Sep 28, 2017
bbsteve:
should this be a news? Everyone human being is disabled. Disability is of two types, the ones we can see and the ones we cannot see. The ones we can see are things like, a physical challenge person, blinds, deaf n dumb, pregnant person etc these are perceptible disabilities. The ones we cannot see are things like, HIV person, emotional imbalance, financial difficulties etc, they are non-perceptible. Therefore why tagging a physical challenge person as a disabled?
Celebrities / Re: Who Is To Be Blamed For P'square Split? Peter, Paul, Jude, The Wives? (Result) by 1metre: 3:27pm On Sep 27, 2017
They lost my 'fanship' on their first nsusu.
Politics / Re: Biafra: Ekweremadu, Abaribe, Other Igbo Senators Meet Buhari Over IPOB, Nnamdi K by 1metre: 3:09pm On Sep 27, 2017
Bayajidda1:
Why is the news of the Kurdish Referendum not considered news worthy by the media houses in Nigeria?

I want answers, please.
good observation
Religion / Re: Police Officers Storm "Noisy" Nigerian Church In Detroit USA, Dance With Members by 1metre: 12:22pm On Sep 25, 2017
VocalWalls:
Nice

It's not like the Holy Spirit confused them or something, it's just a professional way of doing things.

They'll dance with you, and then reason with you.

A sane society.
a sane society my dear. You could relate if na niger police.
Education / Re: How Can Someone Get His Transcript From A University In Nigeria by 1metre: 11:03am On Sep 25, 2017
einsteino:

ehen na now u talk. When u said the process is computerised, i assumed you only used the UNN itranscript portal. by the way pls like how much is the small cash? i am currently trying to get my transcript verification sent to WES, it ought to take no more than 5days according to the portal but i am well into the 3rd week already. Thinking of sending someone in school to do the "walka".
I spent more than 30k, those people chop me. They took advantage of me when they discover i stay outside Nigeria. U can send someone to do the 'walka' for u if u stay far.
Education / Re: How Can Someone Get His Transcript From A University In Nigeria by 1metre: 9:09am On Sep 25, 2017
einsteino:

3 days or 3weeks? i have applied thrice for my UNN transcript, on each occasion it took 3wks to a month for it to be processed, despatched and delivered.
go to UNN exams n record and sort it out. Mine took two days. But make sure u hv small cash to tip those hungry people.

2 Likes

Education / Re: How Can Someone Get His Transcript From A University In Nigeria by 1metre: 9:04am On Sep 25, 2017
massinola:
Transcript is not a problem bro. Go to your school and pay the required amount into your school account and your transcript will be wired to its destination. You can even get the hard copy yourself. Na naija we dey. I did it for a friend. Just paid the normal 5k into the school account and blessed the man in charge with small amount and fiaaaa!! The transcript was in my palms
it's just simple, that's how I did mine. I also hv a copy for my personal use.
Car Talk / Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by 1metre: 7:19pm On Sep 24, 2017
IkpuMmadu:

Even in Europe people still drive older cars...all you do is if you buy a Nigerian car.. tropicalize it and change the engine
how do u mean by 'tropicalize'?
Car Talk / Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by 1metre: 12:40pm On Sep 23, 2017
platinumricky:
I disagree with you. the First Generation Audi AllRoad and Land Rover Freelander were labeled notorious Lemons abroad. There are dedicated web pages listing known issues of these two particular vehicles - the issues of these two are as a result of poor design/quality control , that's why they seem to be mostly found in their natural habitat... Mechanic Workshops. Buy at ur own peril!
noted
Car Talk / Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by 1metre: 12:38pm On Sep 23, 2017
menstrualpad:

Lol... Well include a variable like predominance of kidnappers....
lol..u funny. By the way, why bearing this horrible moniker....it's hard to pronounce
Car Talk / Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by 1metre: 11:18am On Sep 23, 2017
menstrualpad:

Have you ever witnessed where garage boys harass people? If it happens to your female companion twice.. you will know that car ownership is a necessity
those harassment shouldn't force u buying an old car when u know your pocket is insufficient. Is it not wiser to endure those pressure and make a good budget for a reliable car. If you consider those insults from garage boys u will end up acquiring something that will keep u in a mechanic workshop every week. It's messy to buy an old car, can't even buy one for my enemy cheesy

2 Likes

Car Talk / Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by 1metre: 10:56am On Sep 23, 2017
menstrualpad:

This topic has taken into consideration the purchasing power of 75% of Nigerians cum their maintenance habits as well as the availability of technical expertise.
Let me ask you a question... Some few decades ago Nigerians only purchase brand new vehicles.. what happened along the way?
greed and quest to parade as a car owners. People are so materialistic that they live above their budget. Decades ago people were so content, not unlike now.
Car Talk / Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by 1metre: 10:46am On Sep 23, 2017
menstrualpad:

What exactly are you disagreeing with?
my point is, if u buy those cars brand new, u won't hv any cause for panic. Not everyone can afford a brand new car but instead of buying a ten years old car better be patient and go for something better.
Car Talk / Re: Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... by 1metre: 10:28am On Sep 23, 2017
menstrualpad:
Unless you are really knowledgeable about the marquees or a mechanic who can personally handle a spanner with dexterity... I will advise you to avoid the following vehicles:

1. Peugeot 607 V6 plus automatic transmission. I won't explain.
2. BMW series whatever series either series a, series b to z. Especially automatic transmission models.
3. Landrover Freelander... Designed by the devil assembled by monkeys.. left factory for showroom with over 200 known faults... Avoid like leprosy!
4. Audi A4 Allroad... I will leave this for kingreign...
5. Nigerian used Nissan Murano... With wires hanging out in the engine bay...in fact all Nissan cars with the slightest sign of abuse..
6. Add yours as led and experienced or known.
I totally disagree with u. Every car is ok. If u buy 10-15 years old car then u are liable to face challenges. Nigerians are fond of that, all in the quest to parade as a car owner. Buy neat car, any car, maintain it and enjoy it.

3 Likes

Religion / Re: Obituary Of Reverend Father Cyriacus Onunkwo, To Be Buried With His Father by 1metre: 10:02am On Sep 23, 2017
[quote author=sarrki post=60744332]

Sis

No death is untimely before God

Don't get brainwashed by anyone

For the holy book says every man shall die at his appointed time[/quote'

some death are untimely, some are carelessness, some by mistakes.

Some people die out of the will of God.
Culture / Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Wears Historic Crown Made Centuries Ago For The First Time.Photos by 1metre: 8:41am On Sep 23, 2017
Wearing those historic crown preserved for a long period can be harmful to health.

Hv seen cases were those things caused serious blisters on the skin.

If you are to wear them, pls apply caution.
Family / Re: Sex Once In 3 Months, Lasts 30 Secs Yet He Blames Me For Not Giving Him A Child by 1metre: 11:41pm On Sep 22, 2017
muller101:
Look for a way and rape him
rape? A 30seconds man? By the time u initiate rape, he will come and never to come again u go tire cheesy
Culture / Re: What Is The Biggest Culture Shock You Have Had? by 1metre: 9:53pm On Sep 22, 2017
highchief3:
Mine was Amala, served in the west, first time I saw someone eating Amala, I actually throw up.

As corpers we were always invited to parties but I kept on refusing to eat Amala until one yoruba babe took it upon herself to initiate me to Amala,

I took the challenge and tasted Amala Oooooboy..... It was heavenly it was so smooth and goes down easily I never expected to be that good.
u can see the power of a woman. Most times in life, our decisions on certain issues has been thwarted by the presence of a woman. But not in all cases because some men are rigid.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 28 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.