Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,661 members, 7,816,697 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:30 PM

Apc Primaries Updates, 12 APC Governors Endorse Buhari - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Apc Primaries Updates, 12 APC Governors Endorse Buhari (131675 Views)

Northern Nigeria Governors Endorse Action Against Shiites / APC Governors Visit Bola Tinubu At His Lagos Residence (Photos) / Atiku Debunks Reports Of 12 APC Governors Endorsing Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (69) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apc Primaries Updates, 12 APC Governors Endorse Buhari by Nobody: 4:06pm On Dec 10, 2014
CFCfan:
Update: There is free wifi at Teslim Balogun stadium today! Fayemi and his fellow convention organizers deserve a high five!
Really, that sounds good.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Apc Primaries Updates, 12 APC Governors Endorse Buhari by onatisi(m): 4:07pm On Dec 10, 2014
donphilopus:
Atiku's cash cannot save him from being humiliated today. It never saved him during the Adamawa APC Guber Primaries, it would not save him today. Buhari has since been our Flag bearer. That's the only Candidate that can make me step out of my house to the Polling Units come February 14th!
read the article very well before jumping to conclusions .

he battle for the presidential ticket of the All Progressives Congress (APC) is going to be one of the closest fought since the 1993 face-off between Babagana Kingibe and MKO Abiola in the Social Democratic Party (SDP), TheCable Verdict 2015 Panel has predicted. At a meeting that went into the wee hours of Wednesday, 12 APC governors reached a final agreement to pitch their tent with Muhammadu Buhari, former military head of state, but Atiku Abubakar, former vice-president, is reaching out directly to the delegates. At the meeting, held at Bola Tinubu’s instance at an office on Adeola Odeku Street, Victoria Island, Lagos, the governors who agreed to support Buhari are: Abdulaziz Yari (Zamfara), Ibrahim Geidam (Yobe), Kashim Shettima (Borno), Tanko Al-Makura (Nasarawa), Abdulfatah Ahmed (Kwara), Babatunde Fashola (Lagos), Abiola Ajimobi (Oyo), Adams Oshiomhole (Edo), Rauf Aregbesola (Osun), Ibikunle Amosun (Ogun), Aliyu Wamakko (Sokoto) and Rotimi Amaechi (Rivers). The two other governors, Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso (Kano) and Rochas Okorocha (Imo), are also gunning for the presidential ticket. TheCable understands that Kwankwaso has been persuaded to step down for Buhari, which he agreed, but will still put up an appearance without putting up a fight at the convention.
Atiku, on this part, is basing his calculations on the fact that APC governors control only 14 states and their influence in the remaining 22 states is not strong. TheCable understands that Atiku has zeroed in on delegates from 16 states which they consider winnable: Adamawa, Sokoto, Kebbi, Niger, Benue, Plateau, Bauchi, Jigawa, Taraba, Yobe, Delta, Abia, Ebonyi, Enugu, Ekiti and Ondo ─ as well as the FCT.
In Atiku’s camp, the calculation is to deal directly with the delegates, even from states controlled by pro-Buhari governors. With Atiku’s heavy war chest, the APC hierarchy had become jittery about the high possibility of his victory.

As a counterforce, Amaechi ─ who is the biggest financial backer of Buhari and is heavily favoured to pick the vice-presidential slot ─ flew in a heavy “war chest” to the pro-Buhari camp in Lagos on Wednesday morning, sources told TheCable. The strategy in the pro-Buhari camp is to match Atiku naira-for-naira and dollar-for-dollar. “Atiku cannot just come in and pick the ticket after all the hard work we did breaking up the PDP and setting up the APC,” a southern governor told TheCable on phone. Follow us on twitter @thecableng

Read more at: http://www.thecable.ng/just-12-apc-governors-endorse-buhari-atiku-reaches-directly-delegates | TheCable

1 Like

Re: Apc Primaries Updates, 12 APC Governors Endorse Buhari by mistabiola: 4:09pm On Dec 10, 2014
This delegates are too much jawe , still during accreditation since morning but there is no visibility of a consensus candidate as the event progresses.
Re: Apc Primaries Updates, 12 APC Governors Endorse Buhari by Kinkale(m): 4:10pm On Dec 10, 2014
Whats with all this hypocritical people?? All of a sudden Atiku the progressive is now Atiku the thief?? Abi im no progress again??

2 Likes

Re: Apc Primaries Updates, 12 APC Governors Endorse Buhari by sewa36447(m): 4:10pm On Dec 10, 2014
No Politician presently in APC now can defeat GEJ. I am not supporting any party but i am seeing GEJ winning again.
Re: Apc Primaries Updates, 12 APC Governors Endorse Buhari by NewNigeriaMind: 4:11pm On Dec 10, 2014
onatisi:

he battle for the presidential ticket of the All Progressives Congress (APC) is going to be one of the closest fought since the 1993 face-off between Babagana Kingibe and MKO Abiola in the Social Democratic Party (SDP), TheCable Verdict 2015 Panel has predicted. At a meeting that went into the wee hours of Wednesday, 12 APC governors reached a final agreement to pitch their tent with Muhammadu Buhari, former military head of state, but Atiku Abubakar, former vice-president, is reaching out directly to the delegates. At the meeting, held at Bola Tinubu’s instance at an office on Adeola Odeku Street, Victoria Island, Lagos, the governors who agreed to support Buhari are: Abdulaziz Yari (Zamfara), Ibrahim Geidam (Yobe), Kashim Shettima (Borno), Tanko Al-Makura (Nasarawa), Abdulfatah Ahmed (Kwara), Babatunde Fashola (Lagos), Abiola Ajimobi (Oyo), Adams Oshiomhole (Edo), Rauf Aregbesola (Osun), Ibikunle Amosun (Ogun), Aliyu Wamakko (Sokoto) and Rotimi Amaechi (Rivers). The two other governors, Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso (Kano) and Rochas Okorocha (Imo), are also gunning for the presidential ticket. TheCable understands that Kwankwaso has been persuaded to step down for Buhari, which he agreed, but will still put up an appearance without putting up a fight at the convention.
Atiku, on this part, is basing his calculations on the fact that APC governors control only 14 states and their influence in the remaining 22 states is not strong. TheCable understands that Atiku has zeroed in on delegates from 16 states which they consider winnable: Adamawa, Sokoto, Kebbi, Niger, Benue, Plateau, Bauchi, Jigawa, Taraba, Yobe, Delta, Abia, Ebonyi, Enugu, Ekiti and Ondo ─ as well as the FCT.
In Atiku’s camp, the calculation is to deal directly with the delegates, even from states controlled by pro-Buhari governors. With Atiku’s heavy war chest, the APC hierarchy had become jittery about the high possibility of his victory.

As a counterforce, Amaechi ─ who is the biggest financial backer of Buhari and is heavily favoured to pick the vice-presidential slot ─ flew in a heavy “war chest” to the pro-Buhari camp in Lagos on Wednesday morning, sources told TheCable. The strategy in the pro-Buhari camp is to match Atiku naira-for-naira and dollar-for-dollar. “Atiku cannot just come in and pick the ticket after all the hard work we did breaking up the PDP and setting up the APC,” a southern governor told TheCable on phone. Follow us on twitter @thecableng

Read more at: http://www.thecable.ng/just-12-apc-governors-endorse-buhari-atiku-reaches-directly-delegates | TheCable

Interesting
Re: Apc Primaries Updates, 12 APC Governors Endorse Buhari by emmanugo: 4:12pm On Dec 10, 2014
onatisi:

hmmm...so most coments here av been copy n paste
Re: Apc Primaries Updates, 12 APC Governors Endorse Buhari by NewNigeriaMind: 4:12pm On Dec 10, 2014
IF Buhari fails to pick the ticket please Nigerians are free to demand explanations from the delegates.

3 Likes

Re: Apc Primaries Updates, 12 APC Governors Endorse Buhari by rabzy01: 4:12pm On Dec 10, 2014
Oh God Almighty, have pity on us, help us give GMB this ticket. Its You we are calling upon.
Ameeeen

2 Likes

Re: Apc Primaries Updates, 12 APC Governors Endorse Buhari by MORNDEW(m): 4:12pm On Dec 10, 2014
CFCfan:
Update: There is free wifi at Teslim Balogun stadium today! Fayemi and his fellow convention organizers deserve a high five!
and you tell me theres no change. I hv a duty to my uborn children and thats to vote Buhari weda he wins or not. I was blinded by sentiments in 2011 today am not.

14 Likes

Re: Apc Primaries Updates, 12 APC Governors Endorse Buhari by NewNigeriaMind: 4:13pm On Dec 10, 2014
sewa36447:
No Politician presently in APC now can defeat GEJ. I am not supporting any party but i am seeing GEJ winning again.

Who asked you the party you are supporting....... grin.

Don't worry PDP, your Otuoke fisherman will soon return to the creeks.

5 Likes

Re: Apc Primaries Updates, 12 APC Governors Endorse Buhari by omoiseselagba: 4:13pm On Dec 10, 2014
temitemi1:
Be it buhari or atiku failure is await u come 2015.
that failure is for your father and mother.omo ale jatijati

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apc Primaries Updates, 12 APC Governors Endorse Buhari by onatisi(m): 4:14pm On Dec 10, 2014
NewNigeriaMind:

Interesting
very very interesting bro. there are 36 states if 12 or 14 are supporting someone what about the remaining 22?
and this is politics where people agree at night but change in the morning. the game is still dicey and it is anybody game

1 Like

Re: Apc Primaries Updates, 12 APC Governors Endorse Buhari by Alphaoscar: 4:14pm On Dec 10, 2014
Obiagelli:

The battle now is Atiku vs Tinubu. I heard Tinubu's machinery is now formally coordinating Buhari's campaign activities and they are already winning the battle.

2 Likes

Re: Apc Primaries Updates, 12 APC Governors Endorse Buhari by Nobody: 4:14pm On Dec 10, 2014
Obiagelli:

Yeah. I will suggest that, in the future, the major parties should use voting machines (with paper trail) for their primaries. It will make counting much faster.
If Namibia, a country of 5 million people, could successfully use e-voting there is nothing stopping both major parties from doing the same for less than 10,000 delegates.

1 Like

Re: Apc Primaries Updates, 12 APC Governors Endorse Buhari by madjune(m): 4:15pm On Dec 10, 2014
The time is now. Our destiny is in our hands.

It has never been and shoudnt be about tribe, region nor reigion.
Nigeria is at the crossroads. We need a real leader.
GEJ is a good man. Yes. But, under his watch we are seeing billions looted and wasted.
How many corrupt people has EFCC prosecuted and locked up?
Yes, but he's a good man.

My people, we need a turnaround firm leader.
A leader firm and accountabe.
A leader who will steer Nigeria away from this looting menace.
HE'S PRESIDENT BUHARI!

MAY GOD GRANT BUHARI VICTORY
MAY GOD BLESS NIGERIA!

11 Likes

Re: Apc Primaries Updates, 12 APC Governors Endorse Buhari by Nobody: 4:15pm On Dec 10, 2014
NewNigeriaMind:

Who asked you the party you are supporting....... grin.

Don't worry PDP, your Otuoke fisherman will soon return to the creeks.
cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Apc Primaries Updates, 12 APC Governors Endorse Buhari by Nobody: 4:16pm On Dec 10, 2014
MORNDEW:

and you tell me theres no change. I hv a duty to my uborn children and thats to vote Buhari weda he wins or not. I was blinded by sentiments in 2011 today am not.
This is deep!
Re: Apc Primaries Updates, 12 APC Governors Endorse Buhari by Bennyhawk: 4:16pm On Dec 10, 2014
As far as Nigeria is concern, Buhari is the Only Candidate with the Best Credentials. Jonathan is only holding the Power but He is not Competent and lack the Transparency to rule this Country. Corruption is increasing by the day and resources are going down the drain into their Pockets.

5 Likes

Re: Apc Primaries Updates, 12 APC Governors Endorse Buhari by Nobody: 4:17pm On Dec 10, 2014
Alphaoscar:

The battle now is Atiku vs Tinubu. I heard Tinubu's machinery is now formally coordinating Buhari's campaign activities and they are already winning the battle.

This should be expected, atiku cant match tinubu politically
Re: Apc Primaries Updates, 12 APC Governors Endorse Buhari by onatisi(m): 4:18pm On Dec 10, 2014
emmanugo:
hmmm...so most coments here av been copy n paste
i had to copy and paste it , to highlight the area most people overlook . most people that comment on nairaland are lazy readers and thinkers , they only see a topic heading and their adrenaline rises to the top like a temperamental dog.people need to take time and read articles thoroughly
Re: Apc Primaries Updates, 12 APC Governors Endorse Buhari by Nobody: 4:21pm On Dec 10, 2014
CFCfan:

Yeah. I will suggest that, in the future, the major parties should use voting machines (with paper trail) for their primaries. It will make counting much faster.
If Namibia, a country of 5 million people, could successfully use e-voting there is nothing stopping both major parties from doing the same for less than 10,000 delegates.

Very true, but first we need electricity grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Apc Primaries Updates, 12 APC Governors Endorse Buhari by Caseless: 4:22pm On Dec 10, 2014
soroptimist:
Information reaching me confirmed Kwankwaso stepped down for the people's General, Muhammadu Buhari as @APCNigeria Candidate. #ApcDecides
u dont mean it?
Re: Apc Primaries Updates, 12 APC Governors Endorse Buhari by Alphaoscar: 4:22pm On Dec 10, 2014
Obiagelli:

This should be expected, atiku cant match tinubu politically

he can do that maybe in another party but definitely not in APC.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Apc Primaries Updates, 12 APC Governors Endorse Buhari by Nobody: 4:22pm On Dec 10, 2014
Obiagelli:

Very true, but first we need electricity grin grin
A generator can power the machines cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Apc Primaries Updates, 12 APC Governors Endorse Buhari by Citadelbot: 4:26pm On Dec 10, 2014
PDP supporters have now turn to advisers for APC. Why are they interested in Atiku? They are looking for a soft landing for GEJ. God pass una.

Sai Buhari.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Apc Primaries Updates, 12 APC Governors Endorse Buhari by Nobody: 4:26pm On Dec 10, 2014
UPDATE from premiumtimes

Its past four pm in Lagos and We keep getting reports
that various interest groups are meeting to forge
alliances and find consensus.
The latest information coming in is that Sam Nda
Isaiah has stepped down for Muhammad Buhari.
The initial reports we received is that the duo of
Governors Rabiu Kwankwaso and Rochas Okorocha
have stepped down, although, Kwankwaso’s deputy,
Ganduje has posted a tweet to say his principal is still
in the race.
Meanwhile, the Convention Planning Committee has
provided Reporters with free Internet Wifi, at the
press gallery.

3 Likes

Re: Apc Primaries Updates, 12 APC Governors Endorse Buhari by ellguapo: 4:27pm On Dec 10, 2014
brownlord2:

We've had pdp for years and apc came as a change, which we all should embrace change, but we have same corrupt people from old party going to the new party, doing the same thing the old party is doing ( corruption ) and some almajiris on nairaland are telling us it's progressthieveness.

You get my drift?

Going backward again, policy and governance is not all about hegmony of regimes, democracy is craddlled by numerous option f rule. If your assertion Is that exodus of fmr members of government we complained about are coming again under another platform, why not? The change required is of now not about individual but de-monopolising the chain of command then people's will will start to prevail. Perfect eg is ekiti

3 Likes

Re: Apc Primaries Updates, 12 APC Governors Endorse Buhari by oneeast: 4:28pm On Dec 10, 2014
This is where Amechi is wasting Rivers oil money for nothing..smh!

4 Likes

Re: Apc Primaries Updates, 12 APC Governors Endorse Buhari by Freelancer007(m): 4:29pm On Dec 10, 2014
The Peoples General speaks:
For the past few weeks, I have toured most part
of the country meeting delegates and party
faithfuls on the way to move Nigeria forward.
That also gave me the rare opportunity to
closely interact with the Nigerian people and
share their hopes and fears.
I have seen a Nigeria where there is so much
wealth and too much suffering, where there is
abundant resources and unspeakable
deprivation, where there is more affluence for the
rich and more misery for the poor. I did not see a
Northern or Southern, Muslim or Christian, Ijaw
or Berom poor, what I saw is a Nigerian poor
who is suffering in all religions and agonizing in
all tribes.
But I also saw a Nigerian poor with an
unquenchable hope for the future and an
unbreakable spirit to unshackle himself from the
chains of disunity, bad leadership and
corruption. To those groups of Nigerians I say
tomorrow you will receive a glad tiding.
As I welcome my party's delegates to today's
convention, let me remind them of the choice
before them: today is not about Muhammadu
Buhari alone, today is about a bigger idea; about
the future stability and prosperity of Nigeria. It is
an opportunity that only comes once in every
four years but whose outcomes will echo for
generations to come. I trust that our delegates
will make the right choice.
Once again, I welcome you all to Lagos. May
God be your guide.

3 Likes

Re: Apc Primaries Updates, 12 APC Governors Endorse Buhari by Nobody: 4:30pm On Dec 10, 2014
A meeting between former Head of State, General
Muhammadu Buhari and the 12 governors who endorsed
him this morning is currently on at the Lagos House,
Marina. We hear the meeting is to being held to agree on
modalities that will ensure an orderly and transparent
convention to avoid any negative publicity that could
damage the image of the party.

abusidiqu.com/apc-presidential-primaries-live-update-from-lagos-apcdecides/

1 Like

Re: Apc Primaries Updates, 12 APC Governors Endorse Buhari by whitecat2: 4:31pm On Dec 10, 2014
I hate this Atiku. Tinubu better gets this right!

I'm getting nervous ooooooooooooo!!!!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (69) (Reply)

Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement / Meet Chioma Uzodinma, Imo First Lady (Photos) / More Revelations On Maina's Reinstatement By Sahara Reporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.