Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,200 members, 7,815,186 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:39 AM

Ribadu Flees Nigeria? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ribadu Flees Nigeria? (11876 Views)

Okorocha Flees Nigeria As EFCC Queries Diversion of 2bn bailout- Thisday / Abdullah Dikko, Ex-Comptroller-General of Customs Flees Nigeria- Sahara Reporter / Investor Flees Nigeria After Being Paid N32b For Vessels - Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by idupaul: 12:01pm On Dec 09, 2008
just heard he has be dismissed for indicipline
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by idupaul: 12:02pm On Dec 09, 2008
You know say Sugar dey cause diabetics why u dey leak am?

u have just shown ur ignorance

He should be killed

bush pig
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:18pm On Dec 09, 2008
I don't know why Nigerians like the bandwagon mentality,we don't think logically,just accept things  and believe eye service.
we like hypocrites a lot.
Ribadu was just a tool Obasanjo(the master hypocrite,who stole while he called he called others thieves)
He turned loose like a madman didnt respect human rights,disregarded court orders,behaved like a rabid dog in a dark alley.dragging alaymesia from hospital, while dining with aAnineh and Any Uba.

Yes he fooled some of us us like an illussionist using smoke mirrors. A master in the art of deception,caught a few bad guys who were dispensible to Obasanjo on the way,all in that time he was creating an aura of fear against perpetual dissenters who had clout.

He didnt fool me for one naira,now he is on the other side and knows how it feels to be hounded from one side to the other,i bet he knows how Dariye felt,how Alams felt,how Awoniyi felt how Tafa felt.
This is a lesson in morality,treat others how u want to be treated and for those who don't believe in Karma,i tell u retribution is a bitch,she will bite u in ass
So Nuhu
How far can u run from yourself?
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by idupaul: 12:20pm On Dec 09, 2008
@ ehie

u are just an average slowpoke, u need to hear urself talk , mumu
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:29pm On Dec 09, 2008
idupaul.
Sorry i can't help u with ur anger issues,or ur twisted loyalities by replying  to ur insults,instead i have a number maybe u could call my shrink.its 080346-psychohall.
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by idupaul: 12:37pm On Dec 09, 2008
@ ehie

am sori I'm gat mad, but just read what u wrote again , it was really poor
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by ojimboIV: 12:43pm On Dec 09, 2008
i can't help but feel the vengeful vendetta amongst folks here.
the guy tried for some of us who didn't think we would see the day when corrupt officials will quake in their boots for fear of looting public funds.
at least i saw a glimpse of it no matter how imperfect it may have been in the eyes of some of my fellow citizens. but as the adage goes 'only a mad man can decide to stand and fight a masquerade in the village square'. if u need further clarification ask gov. amaechi.
i believe ribadu understands the system just as the corrupt establishment does. so my pals cre8 and muz why don't u ask ibori, who's legacy was to transfer nothing less than N5m to his 'contractors' daily, why he was never around when he had tonnes of cases against him?
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by software(m): 12:53pm On Dec 09, 2008
Am so confused so much that i dont know what to even say anymore or what to belive,

But i think Ribadu at least, he has been able to put some level of fear in the minds of our politicians, I can rememeber that during his tenure as the Efcc chairman, Even State Govs that were boys of OBJ were scared and were carefull in their dealings, This were no longer the way it use to be then, There was fear in the mind of so many people, even those thatwere not in the govt,

Ribadu should be left alone, lets ignore the statemenet that wether he was bin used by OBJ, at least he did something, what is waziri doing right now? she is just a dumb idiot and corrupt person also, she is very slow and inactive, ah this country is in a mess,
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by BABASPEAKS(m): 12:56pm On Dec 09, 2008
He was a big hammer of time. he was used and dumped, now it is time for sensible accountability of his misrule. He fought the war against corruption, yep! i love that. But the selective address of his fight is more criminal than that of those that he prosecuted. May the eyes of our blindedness be opened to see the reality in disguise chasing the his person. AMEN
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by otokx(m): 1:00pm On Dec 09, 2008
what is all this hula boo about Ribadu? Is the guy not in Benin City?
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by ojimboIV: 1:00pm On Dec 09, 2008
@software. you can go ahead and add bro. mike and YA to that class.
aondoakaa as agf is the worst thing that has happened to the nigerian judicial system.
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by software(m): 1:45pm On Dec 09, 2008
ojimbo IV:

@software. you can go ahead and add bro. mike and YA to that class.
aondoakaa as agf is the worst thing that has happened to the nigerian judicial system.

Am not nominating anyone right now for that post, what am simply saying is that Ribadu should be left alone, He brought some names to Book, He wouldnt have succeded if those people were actually not corrupt, E.g Tafa and others,

All am concered about is that He should be left alone, He has done his own Bit, What is waziri doing? has she indicted anyone yet? I think she just goes to work to go and sleep on her table and close office by 4pm, what a snail,
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by software(m): 1:56pm On Dec 09, 2008
otokx:

what is all this hula boo about Ribadu? Is the guy not in Benin City?

you see am?
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:45pm On Dec 09, 2008
HMM ! rubbish
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by switch47(m): 3:07pm On Dec 09, 2008
@posts

two wrongs dont make a right-------the rule of law must be followed no matter what
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by cre8tivity(f): 3:08pm On Dec 09, 2008
it will be officially announced soon that ribadu has been dismissed. this is what happens when you feel like you're too big to obey the rules of a nation. could someone please tell me what happens to an employee that refuses to show up for work? guys, do not let us play foolish, the stunt ribadu is currently displaying wouldn't be accepted in any developed country regardless of what may be going on. nigeria is a country that has rules and regulations, these rules are not there for decoration. if we want to see a great nigeria once again in our life time, the citizens must be treated equally and must also obey the rules 24/7. nigeria is not a burger king, therefore, ribadu should not be allowed to have it his way. efcc chairman is a position just like any other fg positions. it is very important for one not to develop a big head because of any position, especially fg positions. ribadu as a dismissed federal government official has disqualified himself from contesting for any fg or political positions forever. this is what happens when we operate like a bush-man. i'm very sorry, ribadu is not a bright man or a true leader and i'm not sure if he will be missed at all. democracy must live forever. if ribadu is mis-bahaving at this stage of his career, what exactly should one expect from him as the ig?
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by Muza(m): 3:17pm On Dec 09, 2008
cre8tivity:

it will be officially announced soon that ribadu has been dismissed. this is what happens when you feel like you're too big to obey the rules of a nation. could someone please tell me what happens to an employee that refuses to show up for work? guys, do not let us play foolish, the stunt ribadu is currently displaying wouldn't be accepted in any developed country regardless of what may be going on. nigeria is a country that has rules and regulations, these rules are not there for decoration. if we want to see a great nigeria once again in our life time, the citizens must be treated equally and must also obey the rules 24/7. nigeria is not a burger king, therefore, ribadu should not be allowed to have it his way. efcc chairman is a position just like any other fg positions. it is very important for one not to develop a big head because of any position, especially fg positions. ribadu as a dismissed federal government official has disqualified himself from contesting for any fg or political positions forever. this is what happens when we operate like a bush-man. i'm very sorry, ribadu is not a bright man or a true leader and i'm not sure if he will be missed at all. democracy must live forever. if ribadu is mis-bahaving at this stage of his career, what exactly should one expect from him as the ig?

This is very true.
I know what will happen if i refuse to show up for work,so why should common DCP Ribadu be diff.
How can he just keep having dis regard for the Nigerian state,taking our laws for granted.

If this guy had made it to the IG,probably he would have been the 1st police officer to organize a coup.
No matter where he runs to he must answer to his deeds as EFCC chair.
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by Moves: 3:45pm On Dec 09, 2008
cre8tivity:

What Planet are you on; which takes precedence; your personal safety or your job; using ur analogy about the work place; if you went into work today without any pre-existing issues and u r told u have been demoted 2 levels below, based on the premise that u had arapid promotion especially when is coming from a senior colleague who had same rapid promotion.
And stop fooling urself since when did the nigeria police become an organisation that operate within the rules and regulation of the constitution. I personally think u r being sarcastic with u post; u cant really mean the imports of your statement. Ribadu may not be a saint; but the NPF by their action has rubbish the emerge of nigeria as a country to be taking seriously in the comity of nations. U should read the commentaries of seasoned journalist; legal minds e.g Gani and even ribadu's critics that the treatment meted out to ribadu, they all cant be stupid. Also there is the public outcry- so unless u or a relative have an axe to grind with ribadu only then will i understand ur disposition.
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by randombee: 3:48pm On Dec 09, 2008
It's obvious that some people here have a stake in the demise or humiliation of the man Ribadu for reason best known to them.And for such people there is nothing wrong with wicth-hunting a fellow Nigerian as long as that person is a perceived enemy.

While we may not agree with some of his methods, there is no denying that Ribadu put some level of fear in the heart of looters of Nigeria's destiny and those that dent her image through their nefarious activities on the internet (i'm sure some of them are present here on this forum that's why some of the die-hard comments).

Whatever anybody likes to believe the facts are there to behold and fact is:

under Ribadu EFCC was feared and held in high esteem both within and outside Nigeria.

Even if we on this forum do not know much does it mean that international organisations that recognised the good work being done by EFFC under Ribadu are fools too?They even went to the extent of donating money to sponsor the good work.

Abeg leave talk for parrot,the man tried!
I weep for generations unborn in Nigeria if this is our legacy to them.crycry cry cry
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by cre8tivity(f): 3:53pm On Dec 09, 2008
What Planet are you on; which takes precedence; your personal safety or your job; using ur analogy about the work place; if you went into work today without any pre-existing issues and u r told u have been demoted 2 levels below, based on the premise that u had arapid promotion especially when is coming from a senior colleague who had same rapid promotion.

i would handle myself and the situation like i have common sense. i will either deal with it or step down. that is what leaders do. but to just ignore the orders and refuse to show up for work is childish, unprofessional and uncivilized. just because npf is useless doesn't mean we should continue to allow stupidity. correction and improvement must start from somewhere. i honestly see the rebadu's situation as a great example to the youth. we do not care who you are or what you do or what you've done, you must obey the rules like everybody else. it is that simple.
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by baby123: 3:57pm On Dec 09, 2008
Poor Ribadu he fears for his life .
Can you all see, why is only God that can help to develop the country .A man is been threatned for telling the truth my dear Ribadu run for your life because when you get shot  ,its  only a week people will talk and that 's it  pls protect yourself.
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by baby123: 4:02pm On Dec 09, 2008
creativity i feel you , and your honesty but dont forget is the same rule of law that led us to were we are today ,,,to nothing . since 1960 ,,the same talk,( do you know who i am ,,,,,, i will deal with you) .thats niger for you
my dear i know were u are coming from .
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by Muza(m): 4:48pm On Dec 09, 2008
the guilty shall be on the run! grin
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by bawomolo(m): 4:50pm On Dec 09, 2008
funny how Nigerian public officials always go after their predecessors.
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by frenchman(m): 4:54pm On Dec 09, 2008
As much as I do not support the treatment being meted to Ribadu now by the Federal Govt., I strongly feel that history has a way of repeating itself. Whatever one sows shall surely reap in thousands of folds. During OBJ's inglorious 2nd term, Ribadu became a willing tool and did OBJ's bidding.
He chased Mike Adenuga out of the country over trumped up charge, disqualified Lanre Tejuoso, to pave the way for Iyabo Obasanjo, cleared the skin bleaching, thieving governor in oyo state to mention just a few.
This is pay back time for Ribadu.
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by Muza(m): 4:56pm On Dec 09, 2008
frenchman:

As much as I do not support the treatment being meted to Ribadu now by the Federal Govt., I strongly feel that history has a way of repeating itself. Whatever one sows shall surely reap in thousands of folds. During OBJ's inglorious 2nd term, Ribadu became a willing tool and did OBJ's bidding.
He chased Mike Adenuga out of the country over trumped up charge, disqualified Lanre Tejuoso, to pave the way for Iyabo Obasanjo, cleared the skin bleaching, thieving governor in oyo state to mention just a few.
This is pay back time for Ribadu.

yeah,we live in a round world
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:20pm On Dec 09, 2008
Retributive justice

Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by ojimboIV: 5:41pm On Dec 09, 2008
well, when he was in the public domain, the likes of bro. mike and ibori were having the time of their lives, with ibori scoring a hat-trick. it's amazing how some folks can celebrate the fact that corruption and 'change the rule of law as you go' are winning in nigeria.
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by randombee: 7:52pm On Dec 09, 2008
Let us even concede that Ribadu tended to be a little out of touch while at the helm of affairs at the EFCC but the fact still remains that the man has put in very good effort (though selectively you'll say) to fight corruption in Nigeria and as such throwing him to the lions of Nigerian politics who feel aggrieved by his style of waging the anti-graft war will not only set a bad precedent but will discourage would be crusaders who may have been emboldened by the achievements of Ribadu at EFFC.

There is no way anybody will be at such an office and make one or two mistakes but the important thing is what was the intent with which his acts were carried out.

Moreover the gravity of certain actions should be given their due weight and not blown out of proprotion.Why would some people be comparing minor acts of insurbordination with something of the magnitude of somebody's life. Some people are heartless!
wink wink wink
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by worldman(m): 8:02pm On Dec 09, 2008
nawahoooooooooooooo
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by bastrin(f): 8:21pm On Dec 09, 2008
angry angry angry angry angry

@ ALL
You don't have to be a saint to be use as a tool for salvation. It is not all pastors dat are good but still God use dem for his work. In fact God uses sinners to punish sinners. So even if Ribadu was bad he served a good purpose. so let be happy with wot he did for once cos if we have more bad pple dat can bring down many more bad pple dem we r on d rit path. I am PRO Ribadu.

angry angry angry
Re: Ribadu Flees Nigeria? by cre8tivity(f): 8:49pm On Dec 09, 2008
we are not really questioning what ribadu has done. in fact, ribadu is the only one that is creating or placing doubt on people's mind. his latest actions alone are sending enough wrong messages to the public. do you think ribadu has handled this situation appropriately like a professional that respects nigeria as a nation? do you think ribadu is too big to obey the rules? do you agree that ribadu was illegally promoted?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Mimiko, Nwanyanwu, Others In Anambra For Ubah’s Campaign Kick-off Thursday / 70% Nigerians Want Saraki To Resign Over Corruption Trial - Poll (Stats) / Unity Fountain Closed Down For Repairs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.