Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,905 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:07 PM

Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? (34646 Views)

Anti-Deity of Yahshua: Please Kindly Help Frosbel Answer This / Questions For Frosbel On Tithing / Brother Frosbel, Please Stop This Fight Against Trinity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by Nobody: 12:18pm On Dec 22, 2014
Ifeann:

You don't know me so don't assume you are more widely read than me.

Never said I was

I will floor you anyday in a debate on theology.

the floor is open grin

I told you the reason why most Muslims, agnostics, atheists and closet atheists(like yourself) have an issue with John. We can go deeper on the topic.

bring it on girl.....

I have evaluated many arguments on the issue that I addressed and gave u my opinion. That it doesn't agree with yours does NOT mean I haven't read any historical and theological material other than the bible as you ignorantly said.

Well, that's the impression I got from your last comment, prove me wrong.

You said,"You cannot protect God's word, GOD DOES IT HIMSELF. It is because MAN has tried to protect what he presumes to be the word of God that he has made a terrible mess of it and in the process introduced fabrications and outright lies."

Can't you see the glaring contraction in this your statement. If you can't see the contradiction then you are not sincerely searching for truth my friend, you have already made up your mind.

I am willing to learn, what is the contradiction in this my statement ?
Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by Ifeann(f): 12:32pm On Dec 22, 2014
vooks:

You know better than Matthew

How did Moses know that God created the earth in 6 days and the exact order of the creation seeing nobody was there?
Is it beyond reason to entertain the idea of them sharing the dreams? Joseph died early and Mary was there up to after Pentecost.

He is the Son of God. He was conceived of the Holy Spirit. But let me ask you. Was Jesus existing before his conception? If yes, who was his Father BEFORE conception?

How differently could they have treated him?

How could a rotting corpse with coagulated blood sustain life of Lazarus? Is it scientifically possible? Your brain dies within minutes of breathing your last

@Vooks . I read your old replies before this one and was wondering why u were fed up with frobel's questions.
After reading this now I know...lol. A smart skeptic will be ashamed that another skeptic asked these questions and I won't even waste anytime to address this.
I actually thought the OP had intelligent questions regarding historical and theological concerns about the bible. I am done with his topic.
I have the moslems to enlighten about their religion of "peace".

1 Like

Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by Nobody: 12:32pm On Dec 22, 2014
I'm happy for Frosbel. Even if he still believes in a God,at least he knows that pastors are crooks and Religion was created by crooks. As for the belief in a God,that will ware off soon.

1 Like

Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by Nobody: 12:35pm On Dec 22, 2014
Ifeann:

@Vooks . I read your old replies before this one and was wondering why u were fed up with frobel's questions.
After reading this now I know...lol. A smart skeptic will be ashamed that another skeptic asked these questions and I won't even waste anytime to address this.
I actually thought the OP had intelligent questions regarding historical and theological concerns about the bible. I am done with his topic.
I have the moslems to enlighten about their religion of "peace".

I have many and many more questions which will increase in complexity once you and your religious cohorts can answer these simple ones below.

Let me repeat them here before you find an excuse to run for your life, lol grin.

1. Isaiah 7:14 was not referring to Jesus. Read this verse again and then read Isaiah 8:1-4
2. How did Matthew and Luke know that Mary and Joseph dreamed these dreams since dreams are very private experiences.
3. Who was the father of Jesus : God the Father or God the Holy Spirit
4. Why did Jesus's parents and siblings still consider him ordinary despite his miraculous birth, is that not odd.
read , Mark 3:21,John 7:5.
5. If no MAN produced the seed that gave birth to Jesus, where did the 'Y' Chromosome come from ?
Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by shdemidemi(m): 12:39pm On Dec 22, 2014
What makes Christ different and worthy of worship has been defamed by the OP.

The reason we Hope, and the fulcrum of our belief- RESURRECTION- was also refuted

The word of God that leads us to all truth is being debunked as partially correct.

Now, why is the OP still happy to identify with God through Christ?

LET GOD BE TRUE AND EVERY WISDOM/logic/philosophy OF THE WORLD BE LIES.....

5 Likes

Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by Nobody: 12:44pm On Dec 22, 2014
shdemidemi:
What makes Christ different and worthy of worship has been defamed by the OP.

Only God should be worshipped, ;

"Jesus answered him, "It is written, 'YOU SHALL WORSHIP THE LORD YOUR GOD AND SERVE HIM ONLY.- Luke 4:8'"

The reason we Hope, and the fulcrum of our belief- RESURRECTION- was also refuted

Nope. I believe Paul's account.

The word of God that leads us to all truth is being debunked as partially correct.

The Bible is not the word of God when taking as a whole. There are hundreds of other books that were omitted and there are indeed many errors both in translation and fabrication.

God does not lie.

Now, why is the OP still happy to identify with God through Christ?

Because thousands of believers identify with the real human messiah not the concocted pagan deity that does not exist.

1 Like

Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by vooks: 1:00pm On Dec 22, 2014
1. Do you believe in miracles?

frosbel:

good, now go back and answer my questions and let us forgive each other for this unwarranted tirade cheesy

I want a healthy argument not accusations and insults. wink

Just assume I am a new believer who wants answers or even a beloved brother who is about to lose his faith. Forget that it is me , Frosbel the nasty, lol.
Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by Hiswordxray(m): 1:07pm On Dec 22, 2014
frosbel:

No original copies exist to validate your claim.
Exactly. They dated a copy and concluded that the date when that copy was written is the when the book was written- wrong conclution.

For your imformation and since you are feeling proud thinking you are the only one that have gone out the bible to study these things. Their are those who had studied deep than you. You only scrach the surface and jump into stupid conclutions. And the worse thing is that you are even proud of your stupidity.
See, incase you don't know we have doubted, we had done even deeper research and we have concluded the God and the bible is truth. And we are trying to save your precious time.

Believe in the bible and believe in God.

1 Like

Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by Hiswordxray(m): 1:10pm On Dec 22, 2014
johnydon22:

lmao so i am now an atheist hahahahahahaha... please i am done with u grin
What are you, then?
Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by Nobody: 1:13pm On Dec 22, 2014
Hiswordxray:

Exactly. They dated a copy and concluded that the date when that copy was written is the when the book was written- wrong conclution.
For your imformation and since you are feeling proud thinking you are the only one that have gone out the bible to study these things. Their are those who had studied deep than you. You only scrach the surface and jump into stupid conclutions. And the worse thing is that you are even proud of your stupidity.
See, incase you don't know we have doubted, we had done even deeper research and we have concluded the God and the bible is truth. And we are trying to save your precious time.
Believe in the bible and believe in God.

Wrong. The dates were estimated by well esteemed and academically verified scholars , many of who were/are professors. I doubt you even have a degree , lol. grin

The Bible is not the WORD of God, stop deceiving yourself. It is a combination of many truths but also many fabrications. The OT is mostly valid with some exceptions while the NT needs an re-evaluation.

I am only bringing the simple ones that you guys can comprehend and yet no one has been able to take me on , besides I cannot remember any statement throughout this article where I mentioned my superior knowledge.

Anyway, since you know a lot, answer these questions since your brethren have fled the scene , if you don't then SHUTUP and admit ignorance ;

1. Isaiah 7:14 was not referring to Jesus. Read this verse again and then read Isaiah 8:1-4
2. How did Matthew and Luke know that Mary and Joseph dreamed these dreams since dreams are very private experiences.
4. Why did Jesus's parents and siblings still consider him ordinary despite his miraculous birth, is that not odd.
5. If no MAN produced the seed that gave birth to Jesus, where did the 'Y' Chromosome come from ?

@ALL, and this is precisely why people leave the faith because instead of getting their questions answered, they get insults, rebukes and sometimes even excommunication.

5 Likes

Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by davien(m): 1:14pm On Dec 22, 2014
ezme:

The difference is I didn't lie to myself. I admitted no side of the divide had all the answers, and I stopped worrying about it and refrained from discussing religion publicly. I've been where you are standing now, in the end you just end up isolating yourself from others and allowing other people put the devil on you. Nigeria is a religio-centric society, it is not yet ready for your unbelief.
It does not matter if the country is ready for my unbelief or not....
People may instigate me and even try to castigate me,as long as I stay true to myself and not lie to myself to keep the masses happy...I'll continue to be myself and speak out against intellectual dishonesty and false teachings..
You may have seen your unbelief as a futile case and hence stopped talking about it...that was purely your decision to give in to the masses...but I won't glue my but.t to a seat and watch nigeria become a religious witch-hunting tribal warzone..
You sir forsook yourself to keep people happy.

2 Likes

Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by Nobody: 1:17pm On Dec 22, 2014
vooks:
1. Do you believe in miracles?

what if I say yes ?
Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by vooks: 1:22pm On Dec 22, 2014
We have an eternity of conjecture. Just answer it with reference t the Bible
frosbel:

what if I say yes ?
Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by Nobody: 1:27pm On Dec 22, 2014
vooks:
We have an eternity of conjecture. Just answer it with reference t the Bible

Darwins Stepchild wrote:
"Reason is the tool of the Devil that makes us doubt our faith."

“We are hard-wired to need answers. The problem is, when we don’t find a logical answer, we settle for a stupid one. Ritual is what happens when we run out of rational.”~ Dr. Gregory House, M.D.

1 Like

Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by Ifeann(f): 1:32pm On Dec 22, 2014
frosbel:

I have many and many more questions which will increase in complexity once you and your religious cohorts can answer these simple ones below.

Let me repeat them here before you find an excuse to run for your life, lol grin.

Frosbel, if you had objectively balanced literature from skeptics sources with literature from christain apologists you would easily answer these for yourself.

However, I am going to answer ONE (because I thought about it for sometime too),
You asked,"
How did Matthew and Luke know that Mary and Joseph dreamed these dreams since dreams are very private experiences.

Now, I won't answer this theologically because it isn't theology,
Not with historical evidence because it doesn't have it and
Not with psychological literature because it doesn't need it,

I will answer it with an experience I had and common sense which some people refuse to use.

I had a close relative who died. He was very close and lived with my family for years, ate the same dishes, slept under the same roof. When he died suddenly, I went to pick up his body with the same hands I type this.
However, It was when the family came together during his burial that I got to know far more about his past and about a dream he had the month before he died. He dreamt he walked into his lying in state(his burial) and told his wife who said God forbid.
His sister who grew up with him got to know during that gathering about the PRIVATE DREAM and was upset because while they were growing up she knew he had a gift. And that gift was that a lot of his PRIVATE dreams of a serious nature often came true.

Now back to Mary,
Mary simply shared the events with the disciples after her son's death because scripture tells us she was with them after his death, she was simply remembering dreams of years gone by, do you think she will be with the disciples and keep quiet, if your mother had witnessed you die by lynching will she just forget about you and go attend a wedding, now imagine christ's scourging, beating and crucifixion .... Just as any mother on earth today who mourns her child will fondly remember and talk about events concerning their child, so she did, be it PRIVATE dreams or reality.

Now, the reality for you and other atheists is to doubt some more and ask me to provide a video tape of Mary narrating her dreams to the apostles who then recorded it in the bible. The choice is yours my friend.

3 Likes

Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by vooks: 1:35pm On Dec 22, 2014
I can see you are shying away from answering.

What logical answer have you failed to find?
frosbel:

Darwins Stepchild wrote:
"Reason is the tool of the Devil that makes us doubt our faith."

“We are hard-wired to need answers. The problem is, when we don’t find a logical answer, we settle for a stupid one. Ritual is what happens when we run out of rational.”~ Dr. Gregory House, M.D.

1 Like

Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by Nobody: 1:36pm On Dec 22, 2014
^^^

Nice start.

I need answers to all the questions so that when there is ample time today I can work on each of them in more detail.

cool

1 Like

Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by vooks: 1:44pm On Dec 22, 2014
Please try and ask sensible questions and I will gladly answer you.
Illogic deserves nothing to illogic cool cool

How do you dispute Joseph's dreams because it was recorded by somebody else. Is it only the dreamers that can record their dreams? Did Nebchadnezzer write Daniel because it records his dreams? Did Joseph pen Genesis?

Let me help you become a skeptic
Since you may have extremely limited brains unlike Dawkins, pick one subject, yes just one and then focus on it for at least 21 days. You will be a legend. On Christianity criticism, You can pick Bible authorship, comparative religions, Bible translation, Christian history, philosophy,existentialism,General Relativity,Astronomy and so forth

When you are grown up, you can pick real meat like Greek and Hebrews. Only then are you qualified to aks questions. But as long you are infatuated by things you half understand, you are going nowhere
frosbel:
^^^

Nice start.

I need answers to all the questions so that when there is ample time today I can work on each of them in more detail.

cool

2 Likes

Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by Nobody: 1:52pm On Dec 22, 2014
vooks:
Please try and ask sensible questions and I will gladly answer you.
Illogic deserves nothing to illogic cool cool
Let me help you become a skeptic
Since you may have extremely limited brains unlike Dawkins, pick one subject, yes just one and then focus on it for at least 21 days. You will be a legend. On Christianity criticism, You can pick Bible authorship, comparative religions, Bible translation, Christian history, philosophy,existentialism,General Relativity,Astronomy and so forth
When you are grown up, you can pick real meat like Greek and Hebrews. Only then are you qualified to aks questions. But as long you are infatuated by things you half understand, you are going nowhere

A key trait of intelligent people is that they will work with you on every level till you peak at a point. The ignorant on the other hand will make excuses for not wanting to work with you on every level and try to pass it off as superior knowledge , when we all know it is their ignorance that has stunted their intellectual faculties and capabilities.

Now go and play with your toys - cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by vooks: 1:59pm On Dec 22, 2014
Except congenial defects are irreversible

frosbel:

A key trait of intelligent people is that they will work with you on every level till you peak at a point. The ignorant on the other hand will make excuses for not wanting to work with you on every level and try to pass it off as superior knowledge , when we all know it is their ignorance that has stunted their intellectual faculties and capabilities.

Now go and play with your toys - cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by Nobody: 2:01pm On Dec 22, 2014
vooks:
Except congenial defects are irreversible

Stop making a fool of yourself and answer the questions I asked. If you say they are silly and simple then answer them in the most intelligent way possible. At least you will be educating me with knowledge and who knows I may even change my current stance.

If you cannot answer the questions , then stop blabbing all over this thread and keep mute.

4 Likes

Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by honourhim: 2:15pm On Dec 22, 2014
johnydon22:

No not only him, we shouldnt wait around for him to do the research and bring his findings cus u and i know we will still disagree with his findings.. why not all of us put our beliefs aside and go into our own truth research instead of just believing it like our parents taught us, then we can compare and contrast our findings. let us seek the truth ourselves. smiley

What is truth?

1 Like

Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by johnydon22(m): 2:36pm On Dec 22, 2014
honourhim:

What is truth?

nobody knows as long as i am concerned. i dont even know. as far as i have seen the truth is directly related to everyone's opinion. muslims think that they speak the truth and christians and others live and believe a bunch of fallacy and muslims can defend this anytime anywhere and live and die for this truth. christians on their own part strongly believe muslims are living in lie and that theirs is the only truth not even judaism from wence it branched from speaks the truth or brings salvation but only christianity. judaism on their own part being the very first yahwehic religion believe that christianity is living in lie and total delusion, even tho the God of the christians is borrowed from that of judaism yet they do not believe the same thing... seeking the truth i mean let us put every emotional attachment that we might have for our various beliefs aside and see if we can make sense of them all.
(note: all this were imported down here by missionaries, our ancestors didnt invent these religions, it is foreign to us... this one u and know is true)

3 Likes

Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by Nobody: 3:03pm On Dec 22, 2014
nice one vooks i think you are the antidote to frosbel."looks like he is scared wish anony too is here to answer his illogic grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by joseph1013: 3:03pm On Dec 22, 2014
frosbel:
I want to correct some charges that have been brought against me by many religious people on this forum, suggesting that I am an atheist for debunking their myths and contradictions.

I am not an Atheist.

Of course there is God but I am sincerely beginning to doubt that he is the God of the Christian religion.

I have found out that almost 80% of what I learnt as a Christian is either an outright lie, a frabication or a heavy dose of scripture twisting.

Most of you know how fanatical I was a few years ago , fighting for the trinity , hell fire, Virgin birth etc . Well ever since I embarked on a crash course in bible history , it is only God who has prevented my faith from crashing.

No one who reads the truth will deny that there are fundamental issues with a lot of bible stories and scripture. To suggest otherwise makes one a liar and participant in the misrepresentation of God's truth.

I agree with the overall message of the bible ( for there are many truths therein ) , but I cannot agree that it is word of a God when taken as a whole. This is just plain fallacy. Yes , God through his Spirit speaks to us and agrees with the truths he has revealed without which almost everything will become suspect.

I am still learning and now reading a book titled ' The Authentic Gospel of Jesus ' by late Geza Vermes, Professor Emeritus of Jewish studies at Oxford university. He was a former catholic priest. I am also an avid reader of articles by Bart Ehrmn Professor of Religious studies at the University of North Carolina. Bart was a former Evangelical Pastor.

What I have discovered is shocking and not for the faint hearted.

To be honest , I don't know where my quest and thirst for more knowledge will take me , sometimes I am scared, but this search will continue and my results will be shared wth you my good friends and of course enemies on this forum grin.

In summary , I am not an atheist and can never be one , not in this life or the next.

I am now an unfundamental thinking believer of Yeshua or Jesus.

Sit down before fact as a little child, be
prepared to give up every preconceived notion,
follow humbly wherever and to whatever
abysses nature leads, or you shall learn
nothing. I have only begun to learn content
and peace of mind since I have resolved at all
risks to do this (Huxley and Huxley 1901, 235).
Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by Nobody: 3:07pm On Dec 22, 2014
Bidam:
nice one vooks i think you are the antidote to frosbel."looks like he is scared wish anony too is here to answer his illogic grin grin grin

Is it true that religion shuts down the area of the brain responsible for logic and reason ?? shocked grin

Besides , all Anony will do is his usual circular arguments which usually have no coherent logic or end game other than time wasting and ridicule, lol.

For now all you have is poor old Vooks who has exhausted all his intellectual ability while his partners in religious rigmarole have forsaken him grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by Nobody: 3:12pm On Dec 22, 2014
frosbel:

is it true that religion shuts down the area of the brain responsible for logic and reason ?? shocked grin

Besides , all Anony will do is his usual circular arguments which usually have no coherent logic or end game other than time wasting and ridicule, lol.

For now all you have is poor old Vooks who has exhausted all his ability grin grin grin grin grin
lol frosbel the mistake you always make is equating christianity with religion.it is not.it is a journey with. God based on the revelation of Christ. You don't get it do you?
Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by vooks: 3:15pm On Dec 22, 2014
You can't redeem stupidity in questions with intelligent answers. By God's grace I can only teach you how to think and I have done so.

How was Jesus parents and siblings supposed to treat him? Make shrines for him?
How else would you learn of a dream except another man shared it with you?

The saddest but is intelligence is largely fixed. It is congenial. You can turn to Satanism but I doubt Satan is that stupid to have you for a foot soldier. Look at SonofLucifer and marvel at his brilliance.

frosbel:

Stop making a fool of yourself and answer the questions I asked. If you say they are silly and simple then answer them in the most intelligent way possible. At least you will be educating me with knowledge and who knows I may even change my current stance.

If you cannot answer the questions , then stop blabbing all over this thread and keep mute.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by vooks: 3:17pm On Dec 22, 2014
Bidam my 'enemy'
Why would I waste my brains debunking puny brains? I can only toy with him. Merry Christmas my broda

Bidam:
Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by malvisguy212: 3:17pm On Dec 22, 2014
Jack65:

Is that all you saw? How about his conversion story and the discrepancies ?
I quote his mistake for you as an example, when you misinterpreted a single verse, then your knowledge of the scripture need to be question.this is not the first time we are seeing this,a guy has already bring this topic here.
https://www.nairaland.com/1935442/femi-aribasala-trinity-doctrine. Go through the thread and view my respond.
Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by davien(m): 3:23pm On Dec 22, 2014
vooks:
You can't redeem stupidity in questions with intelligent answers. By God's grace I can only teach you how to think and I have done so.

How was Jesus parents and siblings supposed to treat him? Make shrines for him?
How else would you learn of a dream except another man shared it with you?

The saddest but is intelligence is largely fixed. It is congenial. You can turn to Satanism but I doubt Satan is that stupid to have you for a foot soldier. Look at SonofLucifer and marvel at his brilliance.

why is it that you resort to insults when you can't convince someone?

1 Like

Re: Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? by vooks: 3:25pm On Dec 22, 2014
What is there to convince him? That if I dream and then share the contents of the dream with another person that is like so human?

davien:
why is it that you resort to insults when you can't convince someone?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Fr Paul Obayi "Okunerere" Announces He Is Leaving The Catholic Church / Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? / Eid-el-kabir: Church Distributes Food, Cash To Muslims In Kaduna State (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.