Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,824 members, 7,828,013 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:22 PM

Sincere Questions To Frosbel - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Sincere Questions To Frosbel (34757 Views)

Anti-Deity of Yahshua: Please Kindly Help Frosbel Answer This / Questions For Frosbel On Tithing / Brother Frosbel, Please Stop This Fight Against Trinity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sincere Questions To Frosbel by shdemidemi(m): 7:47am On Jan 02, 2015
frosbel:

I am surprised shdemidemi that you as a teacher of the Law cannot answer in an honest and direct manner , what scripture Paul was referring to when he made the following comment ;

"and how from infancy you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus." - 2 Timothy 3:15

Tell the house WHICH SCRIPTURE he was referring to, surely this is as straightforward as it gets ( clue underlined ).

You cannot and should not use questions and snide comments to try and meander out of this one , it's either you know it or not , if not , which appears to be the case , JUST SAY IT !

How did the phone call go, any luck ??

cheesy
15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

I have asked you to tell us what 'scripture' is but for reasons best known to you, you evade the question. Now lets analyse this verse together... Lets use a simpler version to do this

15 You have been taught the holy Scriptures from childhood, and they have given you the wisdom to receive the salvation that comes by trusting in Christ Jesus.

Is the Old Testament scripture? Very much so

Are the words of the Apostles scripture? 100% so

Paul said the knowledge and understanding of the old testament had made it easier for him to accept the good news of Jesus Christ which brings salvation.Isn't this similar to what the Bereans did when they verified the authenticity of Paul's message through proper study of the Old Testament books. They had to check and verify because what he was saying is away from what they had always known. Paul succeeded in converting them because they saw for themselves how God had always had Christ and the gospel of Christ in mind as far back as the book of Genesis.

Romans 15:44 [size=24pt]For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning,[/size] that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.

This means every scripture that had been written before the time of the Apostles are not for salvation but for our learning. God had used so many stories, parables in the old to teach us what is to come in the new. More reason why Jesus says the religious Jews were blind to see all God was saying all through the old.

8 (According as it is written, God hath given them the spirit of slumber, eyes that they should not see, and ears that they should not hearwink unto this day.

Even until this day people like @Jesusislord still pitch their nest on the Old Testament.

PAUL NEVER TOLD TIMOTHY HE GOT SAVED BY THE OLD TESTAMENT. Rather, He said the old testament prepared the mind of Timothy to accept the New, which leads every man to salvation.
Re: Sincere Questions To Frosbel by honourhim: 8:00am On Jan 02, 2015
lastmessenger:

Bro it is true but a well packaged lie under the threat of eternal torture will recieve mass audience. So what I am doing is to expose the lie so that those who want to worship Christ will do so not out of fear.

When you people refer to eternal punishment as instigating fear I just wonder whether annhilliation is palatable and doesn't instigate fear too. C'mmon bro...both of them project fear and terror. If you truly want to preach a gospel that will be free of fear then lake of fire punishment, either eternal or temporary, should not come in at all.

Secondly you can't conclude that eternal torment is a lie. Both sides have strong cases for their positions. And if at the end of the day it turns out that total annhilliation is a lie what will you do then? Kill God?(Lol).

The whole thing is like reading this statement- GODISNOWHERE.

An unbeliever will read it thus- GOD IS NO WHERE while a believer will read it thus- GOD IS NOW HERE. Each person believes his own is the truth while the other is a lie but it doesn't change anything. Everybody will face the truth at the end of the day. All these argument doesn't change the reality.

For me I'm more convinced about eternal punishment but wish that it will be total annhilliation for them.

1 Like

Re: Sincere Questions To Frosbel by shdemidemi(m): 8:18am On Jan 02, 2015
JesusisLord85:

Scripture is considered as sacred writings.

In the days of your father, Paul, the only scripture that prevailed was the law and the prophets aka the Old Testament.

Yahshua referred to it, Paul referred to it, and they all taught from it.

Paul's letters were just that, letters. I gave you an example before, but to edify others, let me give an example:

2 Tim 4: 9-14
9 Do thy diligence to come shortly unto me:
10 For Demas hath forsaken me, having loved this present world, and is departed unto Thessalonica; Crescens to Galatia, Titus unto Dalmatia.
11 Only Luke is with me. Take Mark, and bring him with thee: for he is profitable to me for the ministry.
12 And Tychicus have I sent to Ephesus.
13 The cloke that I left at Troas with Carpus, when thou comest, bring with thee, and the books, but especially the parchments.
14 Alexander the coppersmith did me much evil: the Lord reward him according to his works:

This sounds like a bbm conversation between Paul and Timothy. Just a letter.

Nobody gave Paul power to write scriptures. I believe that is called "adding to the word". He wrote letters brother.

White men of rome, edomites, they decided it was 'scripture' in their minds. What does that have to do with us?

Time for true Israel to wake up (that's us brother). Put these false doctrines of our enemies to bed. It is time to stand firm, gird thyself like a man grin grin

Son of man, can these bones live? smiley The time is at hand

Isn't this just absurd and ridiculous!

Even Peter in his epistle made it clear that the teachings of Paul are scriptures..

16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

Where did Paul get his teachings? Could it be from his natural senses(frosbel style grin ) or from another man?

[size=20pt]Gal 1:12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.[/size]

Paul's messages were not like regular bbm messages and they certainly were not just ordinary letters like you put it, they were inspired word of the risen Christ to the church.

Paul's letters made the message of Jesus Christ clearer to the church than any other letter.

His letters taught us what to do to be saved, the true meaning of baptism, the rudiments of God's election, the end of the church, the due service of every member of the body of Christ, how we must coordinate gatherings and how to select leaders amongst us and so much more.

Without the letters of Paul, no gentile would have been saved. He is the minister sent by God, appointed by the Holy Spirit to the Church.

[size=24pt]Paul, an apostle, (not of men, neither by man, but by Jesus Christ, and God the Father, who raised him from the deadwink[/size]

JesusisLord85:
Nobody gave Paul power to write scriptures. I believe that is called "adding to the word". He wrote letters brother.

If I may ask, what do you understand by the word 'Apostle'?

Was Paul one?
Re: Sincere Questions To Frosbel by BabaGnoni: 8:19am On Jan 02, 2015
frosbel:
Mate I am Mr 'As Calm as the summer sea '. I enjoy a good debate, though one could argue that standards are falling these days smiley

Let me repeat my question ( please no rants, dribbling, ego trips etc ) :

Where in the OT is there the slightest suggestion/evidence/hint that Sheoi consists of TWO Compartments ?

Thank You.

Will soon find out how calm you are once you dig yourself deeper in a hole and/or get cornered in an alley
Your amateur skeptic/sophomoric question has been answered but you are plagued by the latter part of
Luke 8:10

And he said, Unto you it is given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God:
but to others in parables; that seeing they might not see, and hearing they might not understand.

- Luke 8:10 King James Bible

I know you like asking dumb or dumber questions,
so two can play the game and here is to let's play the game
To start with and to wet your whistle

Show us where in the old testament was Jesus named or mentioned?
Re: Sincere Questions To Frosbel by shdemidemi(m): 8:36am On Jan 02, 2015
frosbel:

Now, this was the SIMPLE answer I had been waiting for over a 24 hour period. shdemidemi knows the answer but pride will not let him confess the truth, instead he tries to tie this verse together with the NT as a whole and thereby mislead young believers on doctrinal issues.

Are you also saying Paul's letters are not scripture? please wait! ignore that question for now and answer this one instead- what is scripture?

a) The Old Testament alone

b) All canonical prophetic writings
Re: Sincere Questions To Frosbel by JesusisLord85: 9:15am On Jan 02, 2015
shdemidemi:

Isn't this just absurd and ridiculous!

Even Peter in his epistle made it clear that the teachings of Paul are scriptures..

16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

Where did Paul get his teachings? Could it be from his natural senses(frosbel style grin ) or from another man?

[size=20pt]Gal 1:12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.[/size]

Paul's messages were not like regular bbm messages and they certainly were not just ordinary letters like you put it, they were inspired word of the risen Christ to the church.

Paul's letters made the message of Jesus Christ clearer to the church than any other letter.

His letters taught us what to do to be saved, the true meaning of baptism, the rudiments of God's election, the end of the church, the due service of every member of the body of Christ, how we must coordinate gatherings and how to select leaders amongst us and so much more.

Without the letters of Paul, no gentile would have been saved. He is the minister sent by God, appointed by the Holy Spirit to the Church.

[size=24pt]Paul, an apostle, (not of men, neither by man, but by Jesus Christ, and God the Father, who raised him from the deadwink[/size]

If I may ask, what do you understand by the word 'Apostle'?

Was Paul one?

hahaha, nobody is denying Paul taught the word of the Most High. What we are saying is he taught the Old testament. Does that mean his writing should be made sacred, when he is simply teaching from the scriptures. Does "Timothy, abeg you bring my jacket when you come" sound like a sacred writing to you? Do we lose anything if stuff like that is cut out?

His teachings are useful. Just like you believe your pastors word is useful. They are not to be used as a benchmark. That belongs to the law and the prophets. For how else would we know if this man were true, or a liar? Just because he claims he is true? Of course not

Luke 16:

29 Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.
30 And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent.
31 And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

That is the sacred scripture.

Anyway, I won't get into the usual debate with you. You know the truth. Just stubbornly hanging onto the demonic doctrines of our enemies.

A word is sufficient for the wise.

1 Like

Re: Sincere Questions To Frosbel by shdemidemi(m): 10:13am On Jan 02, 2015
JesusisLord85:

hahaha, nobody is denying Paul taught the word of the Most High. What we are saying is he taught the Old testament. .

Where exactly did you see him teach the Old Testament? I hope you don't mean some sporadic references he made to verify his message.

Why were the religious Jews against him if he taught what they already know?

Paul made it clear that his message was all about Jesus and nothing else. Was Jesus taught in the Old Testament?

JesusisLord85:

that mean his writing should be made sacred,

His teachings are indeed sacred just as scripture affirms.

JesusisLord85:
when he is simply teaching from the scriptures. Does "Timothy, abeg you bring my jacket when you come" sound like a sacred writing to you? Do we lose anything if stuff like that is cut out?

That is where you fail to rightly divide one thing from the other....

Paul had his doctrinal writings and letters around FAITH, LOVE AND HOPE. Within these letters you will also find out that they were dealing with events as it concerned their immediate circumstances and culture of the time.

He also has what is popularly known as pastoral letters which also include historical events like what we see in the book of Acts and in letters written to Timothy, Titus, Philemon. You will come acros statements like 'say hello to ...' and 'get me my cloak' etc.

JesusisLord85:

His teachings are useful. Just like you believe your pastors word is useful. They are not to be used as a benchmark.

Wrong...

My pastor's teachings like Timothy's teachings are primarily drawn from Paul's teachings of Christ. The Old Testament gave us a shadow of what is to be but Paul revealed the entire mystery and wisdom of God which was hid from the Old Testament prophets to the church.

Col 1
25 Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God;

26 [size=25pt]Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:[/size]

27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:
That belongs to the law and the prophets. For how else would we know if this man were true, or a liar? Just because he claims he is true? Of course not

Paul also made Timothy aware and by extension, my pastor that we must all stick to what he had taught about Christ.
2 Tim 3
10 But thou hast fully known my doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith, longsuffering, charity, patience,

11 Persecutions, afflictions, which came unto me at Antioch, at Iconium, at Lystra; what persecutions I endured: but out of them all the Lord delivered me.

12 Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.

13 But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.

14[b] But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them[/b];

JesusisLord85:
Luke 16:

29 Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.
30 And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent.
31 And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

That is the sacred scripture.

Who are the 'they' in verse 29? Christians?

Remember Jesus was very much alive here, this event was before his passion and before his good news of salvation Rom 1:16.

JesusisLord85:

Anyway, I won't get into the usual debate with you. You know the truth. Just stubbornly hanging onto the demonic doctrines of our enemies.

A word is sufficient for the wise.

grin grin grin
Re: Sincere Questions To Frosbel by JesusisLord85: 10:18am On Jan 02, 2015
shdemidemi:

grin grin grin

lmao who are they he says..christians he says..
So we are back to the two gospel myth.

Was Jesus taught in the old testament?

Luke 24:44 And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.

Was the good news spoken to the men of old?

Hebrews 4:2 For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.

Hmm so it seems they 'they' (Israel) is no different from the 'us' (the so-called Christians you speak of).

Pele
Re: Sincere Questions To Frosbel by esere826: 10:28am On Jan 02, 2015
honourhim:
When you people refer to eternal punishment as instigating fear I just wonder whether annhilliation is palatable and doesn't instigate fear too. C'mmon bro...both of them project fear and terror. If you truly want to preach a gospel that will be free of fear then lake of fire punishment, either eternal or temporary, should not come in at all.
Secondly you can't conclude that eternal torment is a lie. Both sides have strong cases for their positions. And if at the end of the day it turns out that total annhilliation is a lie what will you do then? Kill God?(Lol).
The whole thing is like reading this statement- GODISNOWHERE.
An unbeliever will read it thus- GOD IS NO WHERE while a believer will read it thus- GOD IS NOW HERE. Each person believes his own is the truth while the other is a lie but it doesn't change anything. Everybody will face the truth at the end of the day. All these argument doesn't change the reality.
For me I'm more convinced about eternal punishment but wish that it will be total annhilliation for them.

great to find another person that shares my type of thoughts on such issues though my conclusion is different
but just siddon by my side and watch these guys do battle ..quite interesting
na them know Jesus pass.
you would find those that are smart seekers, and those that are simply doctrinal parrots
but them no they ever change their view ooo
if they come into battle saying the world is flat, the leave saying the world is flat from any angle when viewed by the naked eye
Re: Sincere Questions To Frosbel by shdemidemi(m): 10:30am On Jan 02, 2015
JesusisLord85:

lmao who are they he says..christians he says..
So we are back to the two gospel myth.

Was Jesus taught in the old testament?

Luke 24:44 And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.

grin grin

Did the Psalms mention Jesus?

Was Jesus not hid in the Psalms?

Jesus was revealing a mystery to his audience... Jesus was veiled in the Psalms, He was unveiling himself to his listeners.

The unveiling of Christ was what Paul was commissioned to do with his teachings. More reason why he quotes the Old Testament to give a true and clear picture of what God had kept hidden in the past.

JesusisLord85:

Was the good news spoken to the men of old?

Hebrews 4:2 For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.

Hmm so it seems they 'they' (Israel) is no different from the 'us' (the so-called Christians you speak of).

Pele

Who are the Hebrews?

Who are 'us' and who are 'them' in that statement?

What was the good news preached to 'them' and 'us'?
Re: Sincere Questions To Frosbel by JesusisLord85: 10:49am On Jan 02, 2015
shdemidemi:

grin grin

Did the Psalms mention Jesus?

Was Jesus not hid in the Psalms?

Jesus was revealing a mystery to his audience... Jesus was veiled in the Psalms, He was unveiling himself to this people.

The unveiling of Christ was what Paul was commissioned to do with his teachings. More reason why he quotes the Old Testament to give a true and clear picture of what God had kept hidden in the past.

Who are the Hebrews?

Who are 'us' and who are 'them' in that statement?

What was the good news preached to 'them' and 'us'?

Did Paul teach from OT? I think you try an benefit from fact others do not know the many conversations we have had with you. Which is why I said it's best not to have the usual circular debate. But here, an old thread brother MostHigh opened to make this plain:

https://www.nairaland.com/1377933/apostle-paul-judaizer

Who are the hebrews? Dumb question.
Hebrews 1:1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,

Erm, the children of Israel. It seems (mild sacrasm) this epistle is written to them.

Yahshua spoke to those living in Judah - the Jews and those that dwelt therein.

Paul simply went beyond the walls to teach the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
And for the benefit of those unaccustomed with this Edomite in disguise, here is a thread to understand who Paul went to speak with. Read it, digest it, and then you will wonder why this man asks questions we have dealt with in the past. He only seeks to deceive:

https://www.nairaland.com/1885089/gentiles-irrefutable-proof-modern-day-christianity

To my brothers, fellow Israelites, not everyone shall enter the Kingdom. Yahshua said that already. Choose whom you will serve today. Will it be the MostHigh. Or will it be the teachings of the wicked.
Re: Sincere Questions To Frosbel by shdemidemi(m): 11:03am On Jan 02, 2015
JesusisLord85:

Did Paul teach from OT? I think you try an benefit from fact others do not know the many conversations we have had with you. Which is why I said it's best not to have the usual circular debate. But here, an old thread brother MostHigh opened to make this plain:

https://www.nairaland.com/1377933/apostle-paul-judaizer

Who are the hebrews? Dumb question.
Hebrews 1:1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,

Erm, the children of Israel. It seems (mild sacrasm) this epistle is written to them.

Yahshua spoke to those living in Judah - the Jews and those that dwelt therein.

Paul simply went beyond the walls to teach the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
And for the benefit of those unaccustomed with this Edomite in disguise, here is a thread to understand who Paul went to speak with. Read it, digest it, and then you will wonder why this man asks questions we have dealt with in the past. He only seeks to deceive:

https://www.nairaland.com/1885089/gentiles-irrefutable-proof-modern-day-christianity

To my brothers, fellow Israelites, not everyone shall enter the Kingdom. Yahshua said that already. Choose whom you will serve today. Will it be the MostHigh. Or will it be the teachings of the wicked.

Ok.. I won't go the path of internal divisions within the Jewish nation with you. All I seek to establish here is the fact that

1) Paul, Jesus and the Apostles were not teachers of the Old Testament though they used it for reference to unveil the glory of God in Christ.

2) Timothy was not saved by his knowledge of the Old Testament (like Frosbel will have us believe) though it helped him understand the gospel of Jesus Christ.

3) The entire bible is inspired by God (Old and New) and every part of it is scripture- documented, separated and reserved by God for our learning.
Re: Sincere Questions To Frosbel by Nobody: 11:08am On Jan 02, 2015
BabaGnoni:

Will soon find out how calm you are once you dig yourself deeper in a hole and/or get cornered in an alley
Your amateur skeptic/sophomoric question has been answered but you are plagued by the latter part of
Luke 8:10

And he said, Unto you it is given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God:
but to others in parables; that seeing they might not see, and hearing they might not understand.

- Luke 8:10 King James Bible

I know you like asking dumb or dumber questions,
so two can play the game and here is to let's play the game
To start with and to wet your whistle

Show us where in the old testament was Jesus named or mentioned?

[size=13pt]Ok, I accept your plea of ignorance using the Mystery card as Camouflage [/size]!

wink
Re: Sincere Questions To Frosbel by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jan 02, 2015
[quote author=shdemidemi post=29410574]
15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

I have asked you to tell us what 'scripture' is but for reasons best known to you, you evade the question. Now lets analyse this verse together... Lets use a simpler version to do this

15 You have been taught the holy Scriptures from childhood, and they have given you the wisdom to receive the salvation that comes by trusting in Christ Jesus.

Is this how you teach your students, answering a question with another question ?

I asked you what Scripture Paul was referring to and you came back to ask for the definition of scripture, boy , that's not a direct way to debate with honest answers.

Anyway JesusisLord85 has come to your rescue !

Is the Old Testament scripture? Very much so

Are the words of the Apostles scripture? 100% so

If I tell you that MOST of the books of the NT were written by authors other than people the letters and epistles were named after , would you believe this ?

And like JesusisLord85 said, most of the NT is simply a reference to the original scriptures, i.e the OT.

-Revelation was not written by Apostle John - fact
-Jude was not written by Jude the brother of Jesus - fact
-2 Peter was not written by Peter - fact
-30% of the letters attributed to Paul were not written by Paul - fact
-NONE of the Gospels were written by the Apostles - fact

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Authorship_of_the_New_Testament ( I can provide you with more and more evidence, but your problem is you do not go beyond what you hold as sola scriptura ( lol ) and therefore not able to understand these facts.

Paul said the knowledge and understanding of the old testament had made it easier for him to accept the good news of Jesus Christ which brings salvation.Isn't this similar to what the Bereans did when they verified the authenticity of Paul's message through proper study of the Old Testament books.

"Paul said the knowledge and understanding of the" SCRIPTURES sounds better !

They had to check and verify because what he was saying is away from what they had always known. Paul succeeded in converting them because they saw for themselves how God had always had Christ and the gospel of Christ in mind as far back as the book of Genesis.

ok

Romans 15:44 [size=24pt]For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning,[/size] that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.

This means every scripture that had been written before the time of the Apostles are not for salvation but for our learning. God had used so many stories, parables in the old to teach us what is to come in the new. More reason why Jesus says the religious Jews were blind to see all God was saying all through the old.

Again you are quoting Paul's letters wildly without taking a step back to think about what you are saying.

You made a very erroneous statement thus ;
"This means every scripture that had been written before the time of the Apostles are not for salvation"

The bolded is a BARE FACED FALSEHOOD. Are you seriously telling us that no one in the OT ( So called ) was saved before Jesus ??

2 Samuel 22:3 my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation. He is my stronghold, my refuge and my savior— from violent people you save me.

Psalm 35:9 Then my soul will rejoice in the Lord and delight in his salvation.

Psalm 69:29 But as for me, afflicted and in pain— may your salvation, God, protect me.

PAUL NEVER TOLD TIMOTHY HE GOT SAVED BY THE OLD TESTAMENT. Rather, He said the old testament prepared the mind of Timothy to accept the New, which leads every man to salvation

This is where you err, Neither the OT or NT saves, only God saves.

Think about it.

1 Like

Re: Sincere Questions To Frosbel by shdemidemi(m): 1:35pm On Jan 02, 2015
frosbel:
I asked you what Scripture Paul was referring to and you came back to ask for the definition of scripture, boy , that's not a direct way to debate with honest answers.

Anyway JesusisLord85 has come to your rescue !

My friend it is important I ask you these questions so we are clear that our definition of words align with the original bible meaning. Your question stemmed from the fact that the scripture says 'All scripture is inspired by God'. In your attempt to divide scripture and make some less sacred than the other you asked for the exact scripture Paul was referring to.

I came back to tell you all scripture means all scripture.

Now, can you tell us what you understand by scripture? and one more- What books pass as scripture for you?
Re: Sincere Questions To Frosbel by shdemidemi(m): 1:39pm On Jan 02, 2015
frosbel:
If I tell you that MOST of the books of the NT were written by authors other than people the letters and epistles were named after , would you believe this ?

And like JesusisLord85 said, most of the NT is simply a reference to the original scriptures, i.e the OT.

From that statement, are you trying to say the Old Testament is original and New is fake or less original?

frosbel:
-Revelation was not written by Apostle John - fact
-Jude was not written by Jude the brother of Jesus - fact
-2 Peter was not written by Peter - fact
-30% of the letters attributed to Paul were not written by Paul - fact
-NONE of the Gospels were written by the Apostles - fact

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Authorship_of_the_New_Testament ( I can provide you with more and more evidence, but your problem is you do not go beyond what you hold as sola scriptura ( lol ) and therefore not able to understand these facts.

This has always been your long hidden agenda on this forum, isn't it?

1 Like

Re: Sincere Questions To Frosbel by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jan 02, 2015
shdemidemi:

This has always been your long hidden agenda on this forum, isn't it?

Don't be daft, I am only stating a fact which is even agreed by current Christian bible scholars.

What agenda are we talking about here ?
Re: Sincere Questions To Frosbel by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jan 02, 2015
shdemidemi:

My friend it is important I ask you these questions so we are clear that our definition of words align with the original bible meaning. Your question stemmed from the fact that the scripture says 'All scripture is inspired by God'. In your attempt to divide scripture and make some less sacred than the other you asked for the exact scripture Paul was referring to.

I came back to tell you all scripture means all scripture.

No, you took the easy way out by asking another question. My question was so direct it could never be missed by an honest scholar.

To your next accusation on what is more or less scared or even considered to be scripture, I have one question for you ;

Do you consider the NT to be 100% accurate and inspired without even one error ?

Thanks.
Re: Sincere Questions To Frosbel by shdemidemi(m): 1:49pm On Jan 02, 2015
frosbel:
Again you are quoting Paul's letters wildly without taking a step back to think about what you are saying.

You made a very erroneous statement thus ;
"This means every scripture that had been written before the time of the Apostles are not for salvation"

The bolded is a BARE FACED FALSEHOOD. Are you seriously telling us that no one in the OT ( So called ) was saved before Jesus ??

2 Samuel 22:3 my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation. He is my stronghold, my refuge and my savior— from violent people you save me.

Psalm 35:9 Then my soul will rejoice in the Lord and delight in his salvation.

Psalm 69:29 But as for me, afflicted and in pain— may your salvation, God, protect me.

When we say salvation, is it restricted to God's judgement?

Can't I be saved from other adverse things like physical death, impoverishment etc.?

Was there a concept of hell or a place of doom we needed to be saved from in the Old Testament?

Please show me any direct message of salvation in the Old Testament.
Re: Sincere Questions To Frosbel by shdemidemi(m): 1:54pm On Jan 02, 2015
frosbel:

Don't be daft, I am only stating a fact which is even agreed by current Christian bible scholars.

What agenda are we talking about here ?

grin grin Are you getting provoked?

'Christian' scholars from hell, may be.

You have an agenda of discrediting the Word of God, isn't it so?

1 Like

Re: Sincere Questions To Frosbel by Nobody: 1:58pm On Jan 02, 2015
shdemidemi:

grin grin Are you getting provoked?
'Christian' scholars from hell, may be.
You have an agenda of discrediting the Word of God, isn't it so?

You keep failing in your attempt to project your feelings onto me.

I am perfectly fine , just trying to educate you , that's all, what you call the word of GOD is not entirely the word of God.

cheesy
Re: Sincere Questions To Frosbel by shdemidemi(m): 1:59pm On Jan 02, 2015
frosbel:

No, you took the easy way out by asking another question. My question was so direct it could never be missed by an honest scholar.

To your next accusation on what is more or less scared or even considered to be scripture, I have one question for you ;

Do you consider the NT to be 100% accurate and inspired without even one error ?

Thanks.

Do you notice I have been the one answering your questions all along, please attempt mine as well.

Now, can you tell us what you understand by scripture? and one more- What books pass as scripture for you?
Re: Sincere Questions To Frosbel by shdemidemi(m): 2:01pm On Jan 02, 2015
frosbel:

You keep failing in your attempt to project your feelings onto me.

I am perfectly fine , just trying to educate you , that's all, what you call the word of GOD is not entirely the word of God.

cheesy

Ok bro.. what is scripture?

What books pass as scripture?
Re: Sincere Questions To Frosbel by shdemidemi(m): 2:04pm On Jan 02, 2015
frosbel:

This is where you err, Neither the OT or NT saves, only God saves.

Think about it.

How does God save?
Re: Sincere Questions To Frosbel by esere826: 2:33pm On Jan 02, 2015
Frosbel et al

Thought to chip it in that although public wikis are a great source of information
they are not highly regarded in the academic community
one of the reasons is because it can be easily edited my multiple users who might desire to propagate mischief

for example, if you look at the top right corner of the wiki page that you provided
you'd see the edit tab there

Wikis are however great in providing introductory and readily available ideas/info which could them be thoroughly researched using more rigorous means

....battle on guys. make i grab my new year pop corn grin
Re: Sincere Questions To Frosbel by esere826: 2:40pm On Jan 02, 2015
Frosbel and shdemidemi

nice topic about the concept of "save"
in your arguments can you guys also consider and discuss
what the various groups in those days (not now a-days ooooo, when we think "save" means to escape hell and land in heaven)
perceived that "save" meant

for example would an Apostle go to Turkey, and finding them not having any knowledge about a place called hell
introduce it to them, then tell them that he's got someone that would save them from it?
much like a pharmaceutical company introducing a disease, then introducing a cure
Re: Sincere Questions To Frosbel by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jan 02, 2015
esere826:
Frosbel et al

Thought to chip it in that although public wikis are a great source of information
they are not highly regarded in the academic community
one of the reasons is because it can be easily edited my multiple users who might desire to propagate mischief

for example, if you look at the top right corner of the wiki page that you provided
you'd see the edit tab there

Wikis are however great in providing introductory and readily available ideas/info which could them be thoroughly researched using more rigorous means

....battle on guys. make i grab my new year pop corn grin

Absolutely Pal, I have other sources to provide shortly.
Re: Sincere Questions To Frosbel by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jan 02, 2015
shdemidemi:

How does God save?

Simple : By saving wink
Re: Sincere Questions To Frosbel by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jan 02, 2015
shdemidemi:

Ok bro.. what is scripture?

What books pass as scripture?

Scripture is a collection of ALL truths which God has revealed through his Prophets , predominantly and mostly during the time of the Torah.
Re: Sincere Questions To Frosbel by shdemidemi(m): 3:23pm On Jan 02, 2015
frosbel:

Simple : By saving wink

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin Are you kidding me, please say you are joking.
Re: Sincere Questions To Frosbel by shdemidemi(m): 3:24pm On Jan 02, 2015
frosbel:

Scripture is a collection of ALL truths which God has revealed through his Prophets , predominantly and mostly during the time of the Torah.

What about the truth revealed through the Apostles?

I have other questions on this your definition, lets start with this one^
Re: Sincere Questions To Frosbel by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jan 02, 2015
shdemidemi:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin Are you kidding me, please say you are joking.

Define the word Salvation as suggested in scripture and then explain in not more than 100 words what we are saved from and where we are saved into and who does the saving.

Cheers.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (20) (Reply)

Pope Francis Embraces Disfigured Man(Pictures) / 6 Bad Habits Christians Have To Drop With Immediate Effect / Unforgiveness: One Subtle Sin That Would Take Many Christians To Hell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.