Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,729 members, 7,816,996 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:31 PM

Buhari Certificate Saga An Assault On The Military - Lai Mohammed. - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Certificate Saga An Assault On The Military - Lai Mohammed. (51098 Views)

Goodluck Ebele Jonathan And 'the World Peace Ambassador' Saga - An Appraisal / Buhari's Certificate Saga: His Principal Is Alive & Well - Police / Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Certificate Saga An Assault On The Military - Lai Mohammed. by Uch74(m): 9:53am On Jan 03, 2015
GMB should submit his certificates to INEC ! What is wrong with this simple procedure? Lie or Lai Mohammed shld stop inciting the millitary this old trick isn't working this time!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Certificate Saga An Assault On The Military - Lai Mohammed. by omonnakoda: 9:54am On Jan 03, 2015
I will not vote for Buhari and it has nothing to do with certificate so let us stop beer parlour talk
There is no law mandating showing certificate. What is important is that a candidate has the required qualification and that this qualification is verified.
Tendering a certificate is the usual and obvious way to START a verification but it is NOT the only way. Anyone who has attended school should know this
Anyone can forge certificates. Certificates may be unavailable for any reason(s) lost ,eaten by cockroach,rat ,children or consumed by fire(as in the case of Sambo ,was it Holy Ghost fire??).
Nobody saw Obasanjo's certificates as far as I know. If Buhari claims to have any qualification I believe Nigerians can easily verify this. This is 2015 not 1960.
The election is next month ,what are the top 3 or 4 issues that separate the candidates that is the debate we want to hear not this childish distraction which is aimed to arrest the attention of small minds like a child with a tinkly toy I believe Nigerians are smarter than that. Buhari will not be disqualified because of certificates so let us focus on the issues. Let Buhari be defeated in a clean competition

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Certificate Saga An Assault On The Military - Lai Mohammed. by elohorayodele: 9:54am On Jan 03, 2015
Buhari doesn't have a secondary certificate to present, kapish! No need for all these lies. Does he even sound learned at all! See what quota system and northern domination of Nig army has caused him

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Certificate Saga An Assault On The Military - Lai Mohammed. by olaide721(m): 9:55am On Jan 03, 2015
OLADD:

You are a chronic mischief maker obviously in the mould of Lai Mohammed. What has Jonathan got to do with inability of Buhari to present his certicates to INEC and also lying under oath? Are you saying that drop-outs can aspire to be ministers, governors etc simply by swearing affidavits? Can we presume that you also fall in such category of questionable characters? If Buhari is a man of integrity as been portayed, he should do the needful and stop shiftind the goal pole.
Why are u not seeing beyond ur nose like this if BUHARI did not have certificate but he contested in 2011 right?
Now who cleared him then or have we change our INEC chairman after the election? If BUHARI could get cleared in 2011 to contest under CPC when he pulled 12million vote then, so BUHARI contesting in this forthcoming election is no Doubt

1 Like

Re: Buhari Certificate Saga An Assault On The Military - Lai Mohammed. by rabimlomo: 9:56am On Jan 03, 2015
Na wa o.
Re: Buhari Certificate Saga An Assault On The Military - Lai Mohammed. by Nobody: 9:57am On Jan 03, 2015
jamace:
The Military board is located in Abuja yet Buhari prefers to go to Abuja high court to swear to an affidavit instead of going to the board to collect his credentials. Does Buhari thinks Nigerians are dunce like him?

Note that Buhari was head of that military board in those days. Therefore, with a phone call to military board, Buhari can get the certificates.
So, why is buhari afraid of presenting his certificates?

Re: Buhari Certificate Saga An Assault On The Military - Lai Mohammed. by Forwetinnah: 9:57am On Jan 03, 2015
beeyee:
Am surprise at the rate we youth are thinking. Do you need a phd to do the right thing to govern a country, with all of Jonathan phd what has he done. Vp Sambo too certificate was not submitted, he claims it got burnt nobody talk. Arnie was the governor of a state in America,larger than Nigeria and with economy larger than us. Which university did he attend.? We are not obsessed with GMB but between Jonathan and a goat. I will vote for the goat. Jonathan does not have the capacity to rule a country like Nigeria,infact ruling his local government would have been a hurdle for him.

Clap for yourself...even if GEJ builds a bridge across the Atlantic people like you would never appreciate it. All the INEC has asked for is basic WAEC. ..WAEC o, NOT 1ST DEGREE like you stated in your post?? So you're trying to tell us "Arnie" never graduated from high school?? *claps once* . The length you lot go to defend BH

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Certificate Saga An Assault On The Military - Lai Mohammed. by Amanwulu1(m): 9:58am On Jan 03, 2015
omenka:
Jonathan is over pushing his luck. I thought they said Buhari is a serial loser and would certainly lose this time as well. What's with all the clandestine manoeuvrings to frustrate him?? Certainly even Jonathan himself could see his end is nigh. If he thinks he's gonna stand alone in this contest like he did in the PDP "coronation" he's got another thing coming.

I know enormous pressure would be mounted on the Military not to release the said certs given that they come under the command of the president, but one thing they should know is the chaos that would ensue upon tinkering with disqualification of Buhari would make the subsidy protests look like a new yam festival!!

Jonathan should put a leash on his desperation. Nigeria is bigger than his ambition!
omenka omenka! Chai! Ain't u more dan dis? So if he's a serial loser sh'd stop d due process? Is it d pdp dat said he didn't submit his cert? While will ur messiah keep us in suspense? If he has d cert what stops him frmśubmitting it and ending dis brouhaha?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Certificate Saga An Assault On The Military - Lai Mohammed. by Nobody: 9:58am On Jan 03, 2015
Buhari, we want to see the Originals of your GCE. We do not need University Degree, cos you clearly are not that educated, but we want to see just GCE. Bring your GCE, we do not want a stack illiterate leading us.

SHOW US THE CERTIFICATE AND REST THE CASE.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Certificate Saga An Assault On The Military - Lai Mohammed. by tete7000(m): 9:58am On Jan 03, 2015
Onmason:
In my considered opinion,1.Has the military denied being in possession of Buhari's certificates? 2.why is the military mute over the allegation 3. Can Buhari lie against the military with impunity? 4. Could this be one of PDP's usual desperate and despicable political manoeuvres? 5. Is it possible for Buhari to have risen to the rank of General (acclaimed one of the best, by an independent international entity of no mean repute), without having an O'level certificate? 6. Is it not blatantly CHEAP to dwell on ordinary certificates when we know that paper qualification is DEFINITELY not enough to make a good leader? 7. Does gej's Phd make him a leader to reckon with? 8. Could Sambo have ACTUALY lost his certificates to fire?, when? Where? How? Mind you, in the case of FIRE one cannot make enquiries or maybe you should enter fire and ask it some questions! Nobody can LIE against the Nigerian military with impunity. The fact that they have not responded to the claim or delayed to respond to such a weighty claim should send the biggest slowpoke THINKING. For goodness sake, are some people so unfortunately daft? Chai!

If you talk like this, then Nigeria is in a mess. What is the big deal about Buhari presenting his certificate? Let's say he is not in possession of the original, let him show the photocopy backed up by affidavit and with a letter to support it from the institution. Sambo's university has already written to support the claim he attended ABU and that he was issued both B.Sc and M.Sc in architecture - that suffice. Let Buhari alumnus do same. Military has denied being in possession of Buhari's certificate and even if they are, the onus is not on them to submit the certificate for him. He should retrieve the certificate and submit to INEC, that is too simple for us to be overdwelling on.
I am not for or against Buhari, my fear however is that a man whose simple thing as certificate is shrouded in so much controversy does not have moral locus to fight corruption. You can't give what you don't have and he who goes into equity must go with clean hands.

Let's stop mixing issues and emotion. Buhari needs to prove beyond doubt before people like me can accept him as a messiah. He owes those who look up to him that little much.

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Certificate Saga An Assault On The Military - Lai Mohammed. by Firefire(m): 9:59am On Jan 03, 2015
omenka:
Jonathan is over pushing his luck. I thought they said Buhari is a serial loser and would certainly lose this time as well. What's with all the clandestine manoeuvrings to frustrate him?? Certainly even Jonathan himself could see his end is nigh. If he thinks he's gonna stand alone in this contest like he did in the PDP "coronation" he's got another thing coming.

I know enormous pressure would be mounted on the Military not to release the said certs given that they come under the command of the president, but one thing they should know is the chaos that would ensue upon tinkering with disqualification of Buhari would make the subsidy protests look like a new yam festival!!

Jonathan should put a leash on his desperation. Nigeria is bigger than his ambition!

Happy New year sir.

I presume you first became a Nigerian before acquiring
any other nationality if applicable.

I see you promising chaos embarassed

Please shield your sword. Let comply with the rules of the game.

When APC Members led by NgeneUkwenu was bold enough to say GEJ certificates were forged, you guys refused to caution him.

Now, Nigerians are asking GMB to present his certificates, you people are now promising chaos.

This is not a fair play. undecided

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Certificate Saga An Assault On The Military - Lai Mohammed. by amobii: 9:59am On Jan 03, 2015
How come the issue of certificates is growing nowadays, this man has contested for this position two times now does that means,they ( INEC) didn't check his certificate those time and if they do then INEC should say something, also the Military is politicized nowadays otherwise they should have come out openly, how long does it take to confirm if he got certificates or not.
And to those of you saying he should go and collect it, how many of you got your certificate in your hand, I hv finished since 2000, and up till now my school is still saying it's not been printed yet after more than 10years, and I have got my Masters certificate from another school abroad a month after finishing my Masters degree.
Re: Buhari Certificate Saga An Assault On The Military - Lai Mohammed. by tete7000(m): 10:00am On Jan 03, 2015
tete7000:

If you talk like this, then Nigeria is in a mess. What is the big deal about Buhari presenting his certificate? Let's say he is not in possession of the original, let him show the photocopy backed up by affidavit and with a letter to support it from the institution. Sambo's university has already written to support the claim he attended ABU and that he was issued both B.Sc and M.Sc in architecture - that suffice. Let Buhari alumnus do same. Military has denied being in possession of Buhari's certificate and even if they are, the onus is not on them to submit the certificate for him. He should retrieve the certificate and submit to INEC, that is too simple for us to be overdwelling on.
I am not for or against Buhari, my fear however is that a man whose simple thing as certificate is shrouded in so much controversy does not have moral locus to fight corruption. You can't give what you don't have and he who goes into equity must go with clean hands.

Let's stop mixing issues and emotion. Buhari needs to prove beyond doubt before people like me can accept him as a messiah. He owes those who look up to him that little much.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Certificate Saga An Assault On The Military - Lai Mohammed. by peedeeasobie(m): 10:01am On Jan 03, 2015
omenka:

what on earth are you talking about?
one can only swear affidavit over a missing, destroyed or non existent document. If the military is with his original certificate, he should go and bring it.
This had nothing to do with GEJ. You guys have GMB 'Mr honesty', then he should provide his certificate! period.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Certificate Saga An Assault On The Military - Lai Mohammed. by matil1011: 10:01am On Jan 03, 2015
Jwonder:

Have u heard this saying "Everyday for the thief, one day for the owner" that's what is happening.. Why are you guys supporting this guy blindly, y don't u just tell him to show us his certificate and save himself and his party from all this embarrassment.

[size=18pt]#ShowUsYourCertificate[/size]

Now I know the kind of person you are, you move in the direction of the breeze, just critical sit and outline reason why it is now you observe the thief, if the person catching the thief is not a thief also.
Re: Buhari Certificate Saga An Assault On The Military - Lai Mohammed. by Sunshinelady(f): 10:01am On Jan 03, 2015
omenka:

. Jonathan this, Jonathan that, I said it , dat one day somone will blame Jonathan for her burnt pot of beans or for his inability to impregnate his wife. Oh, so dat GMB couldn't pass WAEC/GCE is now Jonathan's fault abi? Hehehehe, I laugh in Swahili

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Certificate Saga An Assault On The Military - Lai Mohammed. by chizzypie: 10:01am On Jan 03, 2015
Re: Buhari Certificate Saga An Assault On The Military - Lai Mohammed. by Ichol: 10:01am On Jan 03, 2015
PDP knows that the game is up,so what ever is the allegations the masses will vote for Buhari.Come to imagine that INEC has cleared him for the past three elections with what certificates, if he does not have any one? If Buhari can rose to the rank of general without certificates that means an assult to the two institutions.INEC and Military.
Sai Buhari!!! to hell with People Decieving People.
Re: Buhari Certificate Saga An Assault On The Military - Lai Mohammed. by dhidden: 10:02am On Jan 03, 2015
Who submits ALL ORIGINAL CERTIFICATES to his employer? I thought Original Certificates are your property and should ALWAYS be found in your possession. YOU ONLY SUBMIT PHOTOCOPIES ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD. Lai Mohammed, are your original certificates with FAAN from where you retired? Were they EVER with FAAN?

What is wrong with us. We want to argue over nothing, even educated and enlightened people! It is obvious Buhari submitted the PHOTOCOPIES, Layi Moh please search his house for the originals. If Buhari still maintains the army has his original certificates, then he has lied. The world is laughing at us.

On the other hand, anything and everything happened in 9ja in the past. How many brothers/sisters from up there needed papers to become relevant in Nigeria? If we are just discovering this TRUTH now, then truly CHANGE has come because I believe the REAL CHANGE should be in ourselves and of some wicked inequalities that exist in our system. In Nigeria, some require certificates some don't, some have lower cut-off marks some higher, some pay electricity bills some don't, some areas show driving license /vehicle papers some don't. Real Change should begin from here.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Certificate Saga An Assault On The Military - Lai Mohammed. by emmykk(m): 10:02am On Jan 03, 2015
PassingShot:
Common sense is no longer common with many Nigerians!

The constitution states minimum of secondary school certificate is enough to run for any position in the country. If someone has a Masters, do you then bother about the secondary school certificate if the Masters certificate is certified as authentic?

At the end of the day, Buhari will locate and submit his secondary school certificate.

And if he can't even find that, this propaganda will also die down soon just as other previous ones.

Many Nigerians have already decided to side with a semi-literate Buhari who has better performance record to a PhD holder who has been described with such adjectives as "a disgrace to PhD holders", "a kindergarten president", "a drunk fisherman", "a clueless president", "Nebuchadnezzar" among many other unenviable adjectives.

No amount of character assassination will suffice. The fact is GEJ is a typical example of FAILURE

buhariVirus detected,scan to remove it.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Certificate Saga An Assault On The Military - Lai Mohammed. by expertfingers(m): 10:05am On Jan 03, 2015
gajike:
Imagine. Sorted out one way or d other. How long does it take someone to rretrieve his certificate from his previous employer.
D affidavit he tendered was dated 18 Nov 2014.
So between nov and january buhari can't retrieve
his certificate from d military. Na wa o. Abi d military base in another plannet ?

You do not seem to understand or choose to underestimate the bureaucracy that surrounds
getting anything from Nigerian Institution.

If you have tried to obtain driver's license in Nigeria using normal, lay down procedure, you
will know what I mean.
Re: Buhari Certificate Saga An Assault On The Military - Lai Mohammed. by omenka(m): 10:06am On Jan 03, 2015
Firefire:

Happy New year sir.

I presume you first became a Nigerian before acquiring
any other nationality if applicable.

I see you promising chaos embarassed

Please shield your sword. Let comply with the rules of the game.

When APC Members led by NgeneUkwenu was bold enough to say GEJ certificates were forged, you guys refused to caution him.

Now, Nigerians are asking GMB to present his certificates, you people are now promising chaos.

This is not a fair play. undecided
Yes, I'm promising the kind of chaos that brought down Hosni Mubarack. Jonathan is getting too desperate for comfort. Did he ever in his wildest dreams imagine he'd become a local government chairman

Nigerians gave him what he never desired nor deserved and now he's getting overly greedy. What exactly has he done to deserve his retention?? He's been a class A failure from day one! He failed in the classroom and he failed in government house from Bayelsa to Abuja.

And by the way, it is "sheath your sword" not "shield your sword".

1 Like

Re: Buhari Certificate Saga An Assault On The Military - Lai Mohammed. by Forwetinnah: 10:06am On Jan 03, 2015
Squilii:
Really? This is just politics! Buhari is educated, his certificates can be with the military board for sure. He attended the Nigrrain army training college, Nigerian defence academy and has a masters in strategic studies from the United states war college. These accusations are blind and jittery. Wikipedia no fit dey lie na

There's nothing like Military board!! They have a screening board which is disbanded after every new intake..
Re: Buhari Certificate Saga An Assault On The Military - Lai Mohammed. by Ijaya123: 10:06am On Jan 03, 2015
nationwide1:

6. Do you want INEC to stop the verification exercise because of Buhari which connotes sacrificing legality / due process on the altar.

Are you insinuating that he contested past elections without a valid certificate? Just thinking.
Re: Buhari Certificate Saga An Assault On The Military - Lai Mohammed. by peedeeasobie(m): 10:07am On Jan 03, 2015
amobii:
How come the issue of certificates is growing nowadays, this man has contested for this position two times now does that means,they ( INEC) didn't check his certificate those time and if they do then INEC should say something, also the Military is politicized nowadays otherwise they should have come out openly, how long does it take to confirm if he got certificates or not.
And to those of you saying he should go and collect it, how many of you got your certificate in your hand, I hv finished since 2000, and up till now my school is still saying it's not been printed yet after more than 10years, and I have got my Masters certificate from another school abroad a month after finishing my Masters degree.

A man caught at the airport for smuggling cocaine said he has been doing it for years but wasn't caught, should we then allow the man to go scot free because he has been doing it before?
My friend, Its been years, there is no school that wouldn't have the certificates ready after all these years.
At least the schools should vouch for him, no school is vouching for him, nobody is saying he went to the same school with him,
SOMETHING IS DEFINITELY WRONG!

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Certificate Saga An Assault On The Military - Lai Mohammed. by joecooper(m): 10:10am On Jan 03, 2015
Story for the gods....

GMB Show us your certificate or park well.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Certificate Saga An Assault On The Military - Lai Mohammed. by peedeeasobie(m): 10:10am On Jan 03, 2015
expertfingers:

You do not seem to understand or choose to underestimate the bureaucracy that surrounds
getting anything from Nigerian Institution.

If you have tried to obtain driver's license in Nigeria using normal, lay down procedure, you
will know what I mean.

what type of bureaucracy are you talking about?
This is a former general for crying out loud...
He can get to any school and it will take less than 2 hours to produce his certificate.
Is it that you guys have sworn never to speak the truth?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Certificate Saga An Assault On The Military - Lai Mohammed. by Collynzo9: 10:11am On Jan 03, 2015
PassingShot:

That will eventually be done. It's only a matter of time but PDP will want to cash in on this without allowing common sense to prevail.
What common sense are you talking about?
You mean a man should quietly be allowed to vie for the highest post in the land without being qualified?
How then can people open their mouths to tell a candiate that he isn't qualified for an admission or a job in the country?
This will be the worst precedent ever set in Nigeria.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Certificate Saga An Assault On The Military - Lai Mohammed. by datribune: 10:11am On Jan 03, 2015
Forwetinnah:

gringringringrin he flunked all his courses at the War College my dear, don't laugh in vain. Harmattan dey o

GMB is as of today rated d 6th most popular alumni of d war college.
GEJ has a PHD but we call him clueless because when it comes to leadership & running d affairs of our nation he doesn't know what he's doing, simply put he's clueless. I am enjoying my laughter but can d same be said of supporters of dis inept president who hav resorted to playing dirty by rushing to paste lies frm dubious nameless sources in d media?.
Nigerians can never be deceived into repeating d mistake of "I had no shoes" of 2011 in 2015.
Guy, come May 29th nigerians will say good riddance to d most clueless occupant of Aso Rock.
Re: Buhari Certificate Saga An Assault On The Military - Lai Mohammed. by obamartins(m): 10:12am On Jan 03, 2015
Newkidoo:
This scandal will soon be cleared and this pdp goons will go into hiding again like they are used to...!!!
Thank God you know it is a scandal. GMB certificate scandal. Meanwhile, there is another progressive, adam oshiomohole who when asked for his primary school certificate, instead of presenting it, started running from one court to another. Till date, we haven't seen the said certificate. APC and certificate scandal shaa. Progressives indeed.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Certificate Saga An Assault On The Military - Lai Mohammed. by OLADD: 10:12am On Jan 03, 2015
olaide721:

Why are u not seeing beyond ur nose like this if BUHARI did not have certificate but he contested in 2011 right?
Now who cleared him then or have we change our INEC chairman after the election? If BUHARI could get cleared in 2011 to contest under CPC when he pulled 12million vote then, so BUHARI contesting in this forthcoming election is no Doubt

People, come and see this incurable dumbie who's talking about not seeing beyond one's nose. Are you so daft not to be in tune with blantant cover-ups that take place in Nigerian institutions? Ok, if Buhari had provided his "certificates" in the past, why is it difficult for him to do same now? What has happened to your brain?

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Certificate Saga An Assault On The Military - Lai Mohammed. by Firefire(m): 10:13am On Jan 03, 2015
omenka:
Yes, I'm promising the kind of chaos that brought down Hosni Mubarack. Jonathan is getting too desperate for comfort. Did he ever in his wildest dreams imagine he'd become a local government chairman

Nigerians gave him what he never desired nor deserved and now he's getting overly greedy. What exactly has he done to deserve his retention?? He's been a class A failure from day one! He failed in the classroom and he failed in government house from Bayelsa to Abuja.

And by the way, it is "sheath your sword" not "shield your sword".

Thank you.

Nothing concern Jonathan with Buhari certificates, GMB should present same to INEC.

EOD

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Tinubu, Amaechi Head To London To Fetch Buhari - ThisDay / Lagos Killer Squad Names Bode George As Sponsor / Hadiza Abubakar Wins Most Valuable Governor's Wife Award (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.