Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,394 members, 7,812,159 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:14 AM

A Thread For Weight Loss Progress And Goals - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / A Thread For Weight Loss Progress And Goals (38095 Views)

Best And Healthiest Way To Cook White Rice For Weight Loss / Four Best Slimming Diets For Weight Watchers / How To Portion Nigerian Meals For Weight Loss. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Weight Loss Progress And Goals by tohpahz(f): 7:24am On Mar 24, 2015
Destinygrl:

hi
u cld try to drink alot of water bfr meals to avoid over eating

Yup i do that.. thanks..
Re: A Thread For Weight Loss Progress And Goals by Nobody: 8:43am On Mar 24, 2015
I got rid of 15kg in one month. From 100kg...now 85kg. My target weight is 64kg. Still striving.

Modified: Another 5kg gone within a week.
Re: A Thread For Weight Loss Progress And Goals by Nobody: 10:07am On Mar 24, 2015
debolly:
I got rid of 15kg in one month. From 100kg...now 85kg. My target weight is 64kg. Still striving.
How amazing, how did you achieved it?
Re: A Thread For Weight Loss Progress And Goals by jovids: 11:59am On Mar 24, 2015
debolly:
wow! Pls how did you achieve this
Re: A Thread For Weight Loss Progress And Goals by Nobody: 1:10pm On Mar 24, 2015
MrsOJ:

Pls do you mind sharing how you achieved it?

I had more of protein, less carbohydrate, less fat. Reduced red meat, stopped carbonated drinks, den I worked out too.

I stopped eating late too.
Re: A Thread For Weight Loss Progress And Goals by Nobody: 3:22pm On Mar 24, 2015
jovids:
wow! Pls how did you achieve this
I reduced my carbs, had more protein, had more fruits and veggies, I eat my dinner before 6pm & above all I workout (both cardiovascular & aerobics).
Re: A Thread For Weight Loss Progress And Goals by Nobody: 3:42pm On Mar 24, 2015
I weigh 95kg angry
Though I'm 6ft tall I wish to weigh 80kg.
I am all intoday. angry
Nomore carbonated drinks
No more carbs
No more meat (especially red meat.)
More exercise especially dancing.
God help me.
Re: A Thread For Weight Loss Progress And Goals by Nobody: 4:45pm On Mar 24, 2015
3cycle:
I weigh 95kg angry
I am all intoday. angry
Nomore carbonated drinks
No more carbs
God help me.
May God help you.
Re: A Thread For Weight Loss Progress And Goals by BABE3: 9:06pm On Mar 24, 2015
3cycle:
I weigh 95kg angry
I am all intoday. angry
Nomore carbonated drinks
No more carbs
God help me.

no carbs ? You need carbs ma'am/sir. That's the petrol/gas for the body. Your body can't function without carbs. You need the right carbs in the right amount. Sweet potatoes, brown rice, oatmeal, plantain, banana, yams, and your nigerian solids but in the right amount.

everything else on your list is okay to be crossed out.

But since you've canceled out meat, make sure you eat your plant protein (beans, nuts, peas) and eggs and milk.

And you need to cross out fried foods. Oils in general. Replace your fats and oils with avocado.

Remember not to skip breakfast.

Lastly, to simplify, most of your meals should consist of carbs, protein, vegetables and fats in the right amount. Carbs shouldn't take the most space on your plate if you want to lose weight.

Something like this;

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Weight Loss Progress And Goals by Nobody: 10:04pm On Mar 24, 2015
BABE3:

no carbs ? You need carbs ma'am/sir. That's the petrol/gas for the body. Your body can't function without carbs. You need the right carbs in the right amount. Sweet potatoes, brown rice, oatmeal, plantain, banana, yams, and your nigerian solids but in the right amount.

But since you've canceled out meat, make sure you eat your plant protein (beans, nuts, peas) and eggs and milk.

And you need to cross out fried foods. Oils in general. Replace your fats and oils with avocado.

Lastly, to simplify, most of your meals should consist of carbs, protein, vegetables and fats in the right amount. Carbs shouldn't take the most space on your plate if you want to lose weight.

Something like this;
Ok dear, thanks a lot.
Re: A Thread For Weight Loss Progress And Goals by Nobody: 6:54am On Mar 25, 2015
im 79kg nw from 80 kg
Re: A Thread For Weight Loss Progress And Goals by Nobody: 6:55am On Mar 25, 2015
BABE3:

Something like this;
point of correction pls yam is not healthy because it contains starch
Re: A Thread For Weight Loss Progress And Goals by mummyf(f): 11:02am On Mar 25, 2015
good morning ladies. time to join in. i presently weigh 105kg and i need to get rid of 30kg. lets keep this thread alive.
Re: A Thread For Weight Loss Progress And Goals by Nobody: 12:57pm On Mar 25, 2015
Danced for an hour yesterday grin
Had agidi and fish pepersoup and that was in the evening.
In the morning I had avocado pear only.
I bought this china tieguanyin tea and I was told I should take it for weight loss, I don't know if anyone has tried it before? Does it work?

Let's see how today ends...

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Weight Loss Progress And Goals by BABE3: 12:57pm On Mar 25, 2015
rahymat:
point of correction pls yam is not healthy because it contains starch

yam is not healthy if you eat like a glutton. Every food can be unhealthy if you eat them in large quantities. Yam is a natural, non processed food rich is fiber, complex carbs, vitamins, and starch. Sweet potatoes contain starch and so does white potatoes. Does that make them unhealthy too?

Just like fats, starch/yam is okay if eaten moderation.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Weight Loss Progress And Goals by emmadiva(f): 3:52pm On Mar 25, 2015
I am 98kg trying to lose 25 kg
I started the lemon diet last week Tuesday and I have lost 5kg trying my best
Re: A Thread For Weight Loss Progress And Goals by Nobody: 7:41pm On Mar 25, 2015
emmadiva:
Congrats.
Re: A Thread For Weight Loss Progress And Goals by Nobody: 7:24am On Mar 26, 2015
i just wish to be 60kg.im tired of being fat im just lucky to have a wonderful boyf.
Re: A Thread For Weight Loss Progress And Goals by Nobody: 8:01am On Mar 26, 2015
rahymat:
i just wish to be 60kg.im tired of being fat im just lucky to have a wonderful boyf.
Determination will help too.
How can you be tired of being fat? grin being fat is a result of less work and plenty enjoyment .

Time to work more and reduce enjoyment.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Weight Loss Progress And Goals by Nobody: 10:09am On Mar 26, 2015
3cycle:

Determination will help too.
How can you be tired of being fat? grin being fat is a result of less work and plenty enjoyment .

Time to work more and reduce enjoyment.
thanks dear
Re: A Thread For Weight Loss Progress And Goals by mummyf(f): 12:20pm On Mar 26, 2015
@emmadiva, how do you use the lemon?
Re: A Thread For Weight Loss Progress And Goals by jovids: 3:04pm On Mar 26, 2015
emmadiva:
Pls tell us more about this lemon diet
Re: A Thread For Weight Loss Progress And Goals by jovids: 3:11pm On Mar 26, 2015
debolly:

I reduced my carbs, had more protein, had more fruits and veggies, I eat my dinner before 6pm & above all I workout (both cardiovascular & aerobics).
Thanks a lot. Please what kinds of exercises can you specify? I am currently 80kg. I started last week and I lost 2kg. I achieved this by skipping and cutting down on food. Bt this week, I am back on 80kg again because I stopped skipping after I sprained my ankle. I need other forms of exercise.
Re: A Thread For Weight Loss Progress And Goals by jovids: 3:13pm On Mar 26, 2015
Guys what do you think about pap. I take pap now for dinner anytime before 7pm. I hope its ok for weight loss. Currently 80kg, looking to lose 15kg

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Weight Loss Progress And Goals by Nobody: 4:14pm On Mar 26, 2015
jovids:
Guys what do you think about pap. I take pap now for dinner anytime before 7pm. I hope its ok for weight loss. Currently 80kg, looking to lose 15kg
Pap is ok...
Just avoid heavy meals before bed.
Re: A Thread For Weight Loss Progress And Goals by Nobody: 4:30pm On Mar 26, 2015
jovids:

Thanks a lot. Please what kinds of exercises can you specify? I am currently 80kg. I started last week and I lost 2kg. I achieved this by skipping and cutting down on food. Bt this week, I am back on 80kg again because I stopped skipping after I sprained my ankle. I need other forms of exercise.
I do jumping jacks, butt kickers, squats, crunches, leg lifts, lunges. I'll attach an exercise plan which you can follow if you choose to.
Re: A Thread For Weight Loss Progress And Goals by Rhukie(f): 6:41pm On Mar 26, 2015
GenyEbere:
pls whats the market name of turmeric and cinnamom cos I tried buying but no one understood me and I hv not seen it
turmeric is known as ata Ile pupa.
Re: A Thread For Weight Loss Progress And Goals by emmadiva(f): 8:05pm On Mar 26, 2015
mummyf:
@emmadiva, how do you use the lemon?
it is not that easy it involves drinking lemon mixed with ginger and water six times in a day..i eat vegetables like cucumber in between
Re: A Thread For Weight Loss Progress And Goals by jovids: 8:42pm On Mar 26, 2015
emmadiva:
it is not that easy it involves drinking lemon mixed with ginger and water six times in a day..i eat vegetables like cucumber in between
Can we substitude lime for lemon?
Re: A Thread For Weight Loss Progress And Goals by jovids: 8:42pm On Mar 26, 2015
emmadiva:
Can we substitude lemon with lime?
Re: A Thread For Weight Loss Progress And Goals by jovids: 8:43pm On Mar 26, 2015
debolly:

I do jumping jacks, butt kickers, squats, crunches, leg lifts, lunges. I'll attach an exercise plan which you can follow if you choose to.
Thank you so much
Re: A Thread For Weight Loss Progress And Goals by jovids: 8:45pm On Mar 26, 2015
3cycle:

Pap is ok...
Just avoid heavy meals before bed.
Great! Tnks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Oha Soup For Better In-laws (pics & video) / Foods You Should Eat With The Peel On / Which Of These Cereals Do You Prefer

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.