Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,223 members, 7,815,278 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:06 AM

10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria (83050 Views)

The 10 Most Expensive Cultures/tribes In Nigeria To Marry From / If You Don't Have 500,000naira, You CANT Marry From Nsukka (pic Proof) / Why Do Igbos Especially The Anambrans Marry From Their Tribe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by InZA: 6:19pm On Jan 07, 2015
Jayne2014:
A friend told me his wife's list included drilling of borehole, 2 bride prices, one for father and one for the mother amongst others. Akwa ibom state.

shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by NOIBMUUL(m): 6:20pm On Jan 07, 2015
eagleeye2:
Just like my father, I married from Ngwa land. Yes, the list may be expensive but a good girl from Ngwa land is worth that and more.

Bros forget that side. You've not seen where you'll be with a seemingly good Igbo girl and suddenly after chatting on her phone she goes "dear, I want to quickly get something for mama at the market. I'll be back soon!?" Na lie, her friend don control am say one client don show for short time!!!

Forget bride price or whatever, a bad wife will always be a bad one irrespective.

4 Likes

Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by Swiftlee(m): 6:20pm On Jan 07, 2015
natureblack:
you mean its now the suitor's responsibility to refund his purported father-inlaw the money spent for giving his daughter a NECESSARY quality education..... Wahala dey

Lol! They actually believe a lady is eventually born for another family, so anything spent on her should be refunded mostly in cash by an intending inlaws family. The outrageous bride price is not even part of the traditional and white wedding expenses to be funded mostly by the man too.

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by cheruv: 6:21pm On Jan 07, 2015
Kingslaw:
OP better remove IKWERRE from that list and replace it with KALAGBARI.
Ikwerre is not expensive.
קלאגבארי
Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jan 07, 2015
chaberry:
Gud things are worthy and expensive, bad things are worthless and cheap, so count ur teeth with ur tongue nd knw what i mean
story for the gods

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by baybeeboi: 6:22pm On Jan 07, 2015
genieluv:
The OP forgot to include Idoma girls.
Marrying from some part of idoma land in Benue is as expensive as marrying from a place like Mbaise. Thats why u see them growing old in their father's houses.

like seriously dis op's not got it
Idoma rili shld be there
Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by iykedare(m): 6:23pm On Jan 07, 2015
I see the reason most beautiful Ibo ladies are single even with their good character.

Marriage isn't a business venture for the family.

Haba!!!

2 Likes

Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by 1Dray(m): 6:25pm On Jan 07, 2015
ireneony:
wetin be your own for inside my matter undecided
He didn't quote or mention you, did he? Is it some sorta guilty conscience or what?

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by baybeeboi: 6:27pm On Jan 07, 2015
OP,u got it wrong, am Efik and I tell u,there's nowhere in Cross River State where Marriage is xpensive....just individaual decisions...pls Efik and Ogoja rili shldnt be there
Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by ireneony(f): 6:27pm On Jan 07, 2015
1Dray:

He didn't quote or mention you, did he? Is it some sorta guilty conscience or what?
I know he was referring to me.
Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by otokx(m): 6:28pm On Jan 07, 2015
Replace that Ikwerre with double twins kalabari/okrika.

5 Likes

Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jan 07, 2015
freeman191:

Source: http://top10ng.com/10-expensive-cultures-marry-nigeria/

O BOY U ARE MAD O , did u really write this undecided undecided
DO U K NOW THE ENORMITIES OF WHAT U JUST DID?

U JUST DENTED PEOPLES IMAGE WITH LIES IN D NAME OF TRYING TO MAKE FRONT PAGE
SA LONG AS IM CONCERNED, BCOX MY BROTHERS MARRIED FROM TWO OF THE TRIBES U MENTIONED
AND NOTHING OF SUCH U MENTIONED WAS REQUESTED FROM THEM

DO U KNOW THAT WHAT U JUST WROTE COULD COST THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE THEIR MARRIAGE?
U ARE PATHETIC,
COMMON SENSE IS NOT COMMON THOUGH
BETTER GO AND pray TO GOD for forgiveness

3 Likes

Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by 1Dray(m): 6:29pm On Jan 07, 2015
ireneony:
I know he was referring to me.
Lol... Then I give it to guilty conscience!
Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by Speakdatruth: 6:30pm On Jan 07, 2015
ireneony:
hmmm.....since my dad is ibo....which means no nigeria man will marry me,? cry hmmmm...maybe i will marry a whiteman
but thank God am not from the list mentioned grin
see dont worry
d tin odikwa veli veli simpu
i go give u belle n yo kingsmen go 4get d list. na dem sef go use u beg me grin
Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jan 07, 2015
i'm from the Efiks, our marriage ceremony is not all that expensive,you do it according to your ability

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by Kingslaw(m): 6:31pm On Jan 07, 2015
fydence:
@the ikwere marriage.. pls is 1milla for one wife or all the women in that family...also how much is tonto dikeh then?
what the op did there is
copy and past!
There is nothing like that!
Wat is written down in the marriage cert. Is hundred naira only. Ikwerre people don't sale their daughter's!
As for totality of what u will spend, depends on ur luxurry or ur necessaries
Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by Cheeun(f): 6:32pm On Jan 07, 2015
On top wetin? Na gold dem use mold her body? undecided
Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jan 07, 2015
And most of this girls you are going to pay the millions for would have Fuvcked tom, dick and harry before they want to settle down.

dem go don smash their punnie scatter.

Why pay millions for a lady with a crater between her legs? i dey mad?
Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by natureblack(m): 6:33pm On Jan 07, 2015
Swiftlee:

Lol! They actually believe a lady is eventually born for another family, so anything spent on her should be refunded mostly in cash by an intending inlaws family. The outrageous bride price is not even part of the traditional and white wedding expenses to be funded mostly by the man too.
such baloney boils-down to individual differences....

A lady in her late-thirty won't allow her dad play such God-forbid kind of game......even a lady heartily in love is not left out of my assertion.

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by KingBish(f): 6:34pm On Jan 07, 2015
But what about the Hausa girls I learned that before a man takes one as a bride, such man must endure an influx of 24 lashes of the koboko to prove he's man enough .

I find that pretty expensive

Or has that barbaric tradition been abolished?

2 Likes

Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by Jayne2014(f): 6:34pm On Jan 07, 2015
InZA:

shocked shocked shocked shocked
For real.
Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by NOIBMUUL(m): 6:35pm On Jan 07, 2015
Aigipan:
And most of this girls you are going to pay the millions for would have Fuvcked tom, dick and harry before they want to settle down.

dem go don smash their punnie scatter.

Why pay millions for a lady with a crater between her legs? i dey mad?

I taya o. Help me drum am for them ears!!!
Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by natureblack(m): 6:35pm On Jan 07, 2015
Jayne2014:
A friend told me his wife's list included drilling of borehole, 2 bride prices, one for father and one for the mother amongst others. Akwa ibom state.
your friend is now an NGO to the family.......gosh cry
Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by Oyenirany(m): 6:35pm On Jan 07, 2015
Evrything is out of greediness.......
What happen after the ceremony is what matters.
Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jan 07, 2015
chaberry:
Gud things are worthy and expensive, bad things are worthless and cheap, so count ur teeth with ur tongue nd knw what i mean
expensive dosnt make dem good or d best..dey are jus greedy...upon all dey dnt make d best wife.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by Lstar4real(m): 6:36pm On Jan 07, 2015
No wonder 35 years old aunty for my hood still dey called her self girl...... shocked and somehow most Igbo ladies are arrogant like my............ Huh angry
Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by Katdaddy(m): 6:38pm On Jan 07, 2015
You guys really love marriage. Single ladies here holla for your customised Saudi prince. grin

Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by natureblack(m): 6:38pm On Jan 07, 2015
Seconded wink
Cheeun:
On top wetin? Na gold dem use mold her body? undecided
Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jan 07, 2015
Jayne2014:

You're joking, right?
Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jan 07, 2015
dre11:

As in you get am.......

I hope they have consideration for some people who haven't arrive sha (money never plenty)

money neva plenty oo..
Re: 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jan 07, 2015
englishmart:
female children are like investments to them.
No wonder my mbaise neighbour frowns each time his wife delivers a male child.

If you want to marry from mbaise and you are a poor man, just impregnate her first. Her bride price will fall by 60%

Well, I don't blame them. Their girls are very beautiful and intelligent.

Onye n'enweghi ego o n'eri ofe owerri?
Mbanu grin
angry angry angry angry

Englishsmart, kpachapu anya gi grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

131-year-old "Iya Orisa" Living Under Olumo Rock - Photos / The Koma People Of Adamawa State In Pictures / Ooni Ogunwusi Customizes His Rolls Royce Ahead Of Coronation (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.