Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,209 members, 7,829,327 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:33 AM

Amaechi: I’m Igbo, Jonathan Who Says His Name Is Ebele Can’t Speak The Language - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi: I’m Igbo, Jonathan Who Says His Name Is Ebele Can’t Speak The Language (71714 Views)

Arase Says His Official Good-bye To Osinbajo / PDP Apologizes To Zakari Biu , Says His Reinstatement Followed Due Process / Alleged N5bn Bribe: INEC Boss Says His Life Is In Danger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amaechi: I’m Igbo, Jonathan Who Says His Name Is Ebele Can’t Speak The Language by SUBMARINE: 10:42pm On Jan 09, 2015
HopeAtHand:

Should Nigerians be proud of Igbos??

Tribe of Hardworkers! We know how they regularly tarnish the image of our country with their incessant 'hardwork' as they strive for 'excellence' in their various fields of criminal endeavours..That uncountable Igbos are jailed and also executed regularly abroad is an indication that crimanality is embedded into the DNA of Igbos.

'An Igboman is a honest man especially with matters not unconnected to money'..Igbos are so dishonest they used them as illustration in Economics textbook.

I will not lie, i have never met an Igboman who didnt attempt to cheat someone else..it is generall acknowledged amongst Igbos as being brainy and smart and sharp..Slowly but surely, Igbos are gradually making themselves a people unfit for positions of trust.

Many are mad only few are roaming undecided

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi: I’m Igbo, Jonathan Who Says His Name Is Ebele Can’t Speak The Language by NoreenUG(f): 10:43pm On Jan 09, 2015
tola9ja:
Former super eagles star victor ikpeba endorsed buhari,

I will vote for buhari even he present NEPA bill as his school cerificate.

What about you?

THIS IS A REASONABLE NIGERIAN UNLIKE CLUELESS YOBO ENDORSING CLUELESS JONATHAN

u're a dunce. don't even argue.
victor ikpeba himself has come out to boldly state that the twitter account is FAKE. so why are u still spreading lies?
The thread is in the frontpage.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2012255_screenshot20150109180132_png0126fcca1f7eeaa8019579411384877d

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2012256_screenshot20150109180142_pngbb5a9a9e38ebd5072982af9784277b29

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi: I’m Igbo, Jonathan Who Says His Name Is Ebele Can’t Speak The Language by jessMena(f): 10:43pm On Jan 09, 2015
Just like his name Rotimi. I guess he speaks yoruba
Re: Amaechi: I’m Igbo, Jonathan Who Says His Name Is Ebele Can’t Speak The Language by cheruv: 10:43pm On Jan 09, 2015
Deltagiant:
Funny turn of events indeed. At the end of the civil war in 1970, the victorious federal vandals led by General Gowon set a pre condition for the Ikwerres to be admitted in the newly created Rivers state. And which was that Ikwerre must renounce their Igbo ethnicity. Led by their highest ranking politician, Dr. Frank Ekeh, the Ikwerres of the former Owerri division did just that.

Now, exactly 45 years after, the Ikwerres led by another highest ranking political office holder, Chukwubike Amaechi, are in a new drama. Today, before another Northern civil war officer, Gov. Amechi has denounced the 1970 affidavit to mean that they are now Igbo.

Amaechi, you're welcome, but not without due respect to other proud Ikwerres that are true to their Igbo roots. BTW, what qualifies someone as an Igbo is not limited to speaking the language. IFE EJI ABU IGBO ERIKA! And GEJ the Ijaw is very much Igbo than you today. Nevertheless, you're welcome.
this is what the likes of berem,obiagelli and other APC Igbo traitors fail to understand!

4 Likes

Re: Amaechi: I’m Igbo, Jonathan Who Says His Name Is Ebele Can’t Speak The Language by asha80(m): 10:43pm On Jan 09, 2015
HopeAtHand:

Its good i know where you stand..You, like Amaechi, like Uche Okwukwu are the sort of people who if allowed will make the Ikwerres look like the directionless, self-confusing Ogonis who are one huge collective skalar quantity.
The Ikwerres though small, have a direction as to how to channel our tribal 'foreign-policy' in this huge amalgamated entity called Nigeria.
Igbos could be half of Nigerias population for all i care, and are obviously closely related to Us in language and culture, but they have demonstrated time upon time to be an unorganised people and small time players in the Nigerian political space.
We Ikwerres have defined the direction of our political destiny and that pathway must be followed without the Igbo casting their political cluelessness on us..If and when the igbos decide to tow the path of political Unity of purpose and become serious contenders in Nigerian politics we may have to review our relationship with them.
Until then.

Pazienza , buddahmonk et al..where are you guys when i need you
senseless talk..political unity and direction indeed like wike vs amaechi and wike takings orders from okrikan mama peace.

8 Likes

Re: Amaechi: I’m Igbo, Jonathan Who Says His Name Is Ebele Can’t Speak The Language by Nobody: 10:44pm On Jan 09, 2015
HopeAtHand:

Its good i know where you stand..You, like Amaechi, like Uche Okwukwu are the sort of people who if allowed will make the Ikwerres look like the directionless, self-confusing Ogonis who are one huge collective skalar quantity.

The Ikwerres though small, have a direction as to how to channel our tribal 'foreign-policy' in this huge amalgamated entity called Nigeria.

Igbos could be half of Nigerias population for all i care, and are obviously closely related to Us in language and culture, but they have demonstrated time upon time to be an unorganised people and small time players in the Nigerian political space.

We Ikwerres have defined the direction of our political destiny and that pathway must be followed without the Igbo casting their political cluelessness on us..If and when the igbos decide to tow the path of political Unity of purpose and become serious contenders in Nigerian politics we may have to review our relationship with them.

Until then.

you become more stvpid with each post you makeup, go and sitdown somewhere abeg.

9 Likes

Re: Amaechi: I’m Igbo, Jonathan Who Says His Name Is Ebele Can’t Speak The Language by SUBMARINE: 10:44pm On Jan 09, 2015
sonssyo:

big lie,in d name of understandg ibo,duing my nysc dayz chinyere an ikwere cheek duped me 2k.i fear delta ibos and ikwere pple,dem be thief

Thief dey every tribe
Re: Amaechi: I’m Igbo, Jonathan Who Says His Name Is Ebele Can’t Speak The Language by PhockPhockMan: 10:45pm On Jan 09, 2015
Eziachi:
Chibuike Amaechi, nwunnem, We knew that you are Igbo even before your birth.
It's a pity that it took some political expediency for you to acknowledge what you are by birth and blood.
It is funny that those who spent ages here on Nairaland and other forums arguing how Ikwerre is not Igbo, will be lining up now to hail him, again because of the same political convenience.
As for Jonathan, he is as an Igbo man as I am a red Indian.
You can take camel to River, but you can't force it drink water. Ikwere has consistently distanced themselves from Igbos.
I live in Rivers State, I know what I'm talking.

8 Likes

Re: Amaechi: I’m Igbo, Jonathan Who Says His Name Is Ebele Can’t Speak The Language by Forwetinnah: 10:47pm On Jan 09, 2015
barcanista:
Brother, you need to be schooled? GEJ is not Igbo, he has never claimed to be Igbo. His name is EBELEMI (Ijaw), not Ebelechuckwu. He only shortened to Ebele in 2011 to DECEIVE ignorant Igbo folks!!! As for Okrika, abeg we are 700% Ijaws, we are not Igbos and never claimed to be one at any time. Maybe you need to take some history books. Please stop misinforming the public

You dont get the drift...Ameachi claiming to speak the igbo language doesn't make him more igbo than GEJ, it doesn't matter if GEJs real name is Ebele-tubominasi. As for your 700% ijaw gist; all hogwash. Alot of our maternal grannies are Igbos especially from Umuahia ( you consult your history, you really need it)...i never said the Okrikans are igbos, but we speak the language very well nonetheless especially those from Ogan, KalioAma villages. Bottom line is that "speaking a certain language doesn't make you more of a clan member as much as bearing the name" , Ameachi should go chill on his boy-boy kitchen stool. *yawning**

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amaechi: I’m Igbo, Jonathan Who Says His Name Is Ebele Can’t Speak The Language by IgrigiMercenery: 10:47pm On Jan 09, 2015
HopeAtHand:

We Ikwerres have defined our direction and that pathway must be followed without the Igbo casting their political cluelessness on us..If and when the igbos decide to tow the path of political Unity of purpose and become serious contenders in Nigerian politics we may have to review our relationship with them.

Until,then

**grins** Aha! So you are waiting for the Igbo to become serious contenders(whatever that means) in the Nigerian political mileu so you can reclaim them as your brothers. They lose a war your disown them, they make political gains, you are reappear like a vulture to celebrate and share with them calling them brother! brother!. Now we understand your phoney mentality. May our Children read and understand!. lipsrsealedlipsrsealedlipsrsealed **HMMM!**

14 Likes

Re: Amaechi: I’m Igbo, Jonathan Who Says His Name Is Ebele Can’t Speak The Language by HopeAtHand: 10:50pm On Jan 09, 2015
NoreenUG:

"igbos shouldn't become gleeful"? Pls get it straight. no igbo is gleeful over this news and the replies from igbos on this thread are enough to make it clear.
we are embarrassed to be associated with u pple and ur endless identity crises. igbos and ikwerres are not the same. established and accepted. we have nothing in common, so pls tell ur dumb son ROTIMI (talk about identity crisis) amaechi to keep his campaign within the ikwerre ppl and their 4 LGAs. thank u for ur compliance.

Who is we?? Madam speak for youself..Pazienza and his Igbos-needs-a-saeport gang wouldn't allow Ikwerres be on NL..

Ikwerre this Ikwerre that..what tha hell wit you people!

Calculate your level of embarrassment, add 10 to it and multiply the total by a billion..Thats the number of times i am embarassed whenever Ikwerre is referred to as Igbo.

I wouldn't even have the time to trouble your mentions if u dint quote me..
Re: Amaechi: I’m Igbo, Jonathan Who Says His Name Is Ebele Can’t Speak The Language by Nobody: 10:52pm On Jan 09, 2015
Forwetinnah:

You dont get the drift...Ameachi claiming to speak the igbo language doesn't make him more igbo than GEJ, it doesn't matter if GEJs real name is Ebele-tubominasi. As for your 700% ijaw gist; all hogwash. Alot of [s]our maternal grannies are Igbos especially from Umuahia[/s] ( you consult your history, you really need it)...i never said the Okrikans are igbos, but we speak the language very well especially those from Ogan, KalioAma villages. Bottom line is that "speaking a certain language doesn't make you more of a clan member as much as bearing the name" , Ameachi should go chill on his boy-boy kitchen stool. *yawning**
You are 900% wrong. We have the Konijus and the Tubonijus in Okrika. While the Konijus are pure breed Ijaws, the Tubonijus majorly have maternal parentage from Igboland, because Okrika custom permit that we BUY wives from any place and after certain rites they are adopted as indigens. Many igbo women came through that route. Anyway, let me not go in details so as not to wash our linens in public. You need to learn your history. Guy, perhaps, you need to consult some materials by Professor Tekene Tamuno
Re: Amaechi: I’m Igbo, Jonathan Who Says His Name Is Ebele Can’t Speak The Language by SUBMARINE: 10:53pm On Jan 09, 2015
customized13:
you become more stvpid with each post you makeup, go and sitdown somewhere abeg.

You have time for him.......

That guy may be typing from a psychiatric home wink

5 Likes

Re: Amaechi: I’m Igbo, Jonathan Who Says His Name Is Ebele Can’t Speak The Language by NoreenUG(f): 10:53pm On Jan 09, 2015
IgrigiMercenery:

**grins** Aha! So you are waiting for the Igbo to become serious contenders(whatever that means) in the Nigerian political mileu so you can reclaim them as your brothers. They lose a war your disown them, they make political gains, you are reappear like a vulture to celebrate and share with them calling them brother! brother!. Now we understand your phoney mentality. May our Children read and understand!. lipsrsealedlipsrsealedlipsrsealed **HMMM!**

that is what they are: fair weather iddiots and loafers.
u need to see these ikwerre clowns outside the shores of nigeria to understand their fxxked up self esteem issues.

outside nigeria, the same ikwerre clowns are the people who won't leave us alone in our igbo diaspora cultural groups o. Go to Columbus, Ohio (USA) and ask. Once outside nigeria, they suddenly forget they are ikwerre and begin to attend our igbo cultural gatherings for igbos outside nigeria. They are as fake as fake can be.

Ikwerre ppl are no closer to me than a fulani is, as far as i'm concerned.

10 Likes

Re: Amaechi: I’m Igbo, Jonathan Who Says His Name Is Ebele Can’t Speak The Language by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jan 09, 2015
I prefer dinning with Hausas than ikwerres, I spit on that tribe.

5 Likes

Re: Amaechi: I’m Igbo, Jonathan Who Says His Name Is Ebele Can’t Speak The Language by Nobody: 10:58pm On Jan 09, 2015
I prefer the Yorubas, ikwerre will have to defend themselves when the time comes. I can spare a Yoruba rather than an ikwerre.

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi: I’m Igbo, Jonathan Who Says His Name Is Ebele Can’t Speak The Language by backtosender: 10:59pm On Jan 09, 2015
chidiebere2020:
Ikwerre people denied they root because because Igbo people lost d civil war, they better hold they Ikwerreship, because we igbos will never see them as our brother.....
ikweres are not igbos they know that igbos will reject them like chicken pox...

7 Likes

Re: Amaechi: I’m Igbo, Jonathan Who Says His Name Is Ebele Can’t Speak The Language by PhockPhockMan: 10:59pm On Jan 09, 2015
Abagworo:

He is only making it clear that Ikwerre is related to Igbo more than Ogbia.
Just for political purpose abi? Abeg comot for road, our political foolishness don expire tey tey.

4 Likes

Re: Amaechi: I’m Igbo, Jonathan Who Says His Name Is Ebele Can’t Speak The Language by Forwetinnah: 10:59pm On Jan 09, 2015
barcanista:
You are 900% wrong. We have the Konijus and the Tubonijus in Okrika. While the Konijus are pure breed Ijaws, the Tubonijus majorly have maternal parentage from Igboland, because Okrika custom permit that we BUY wives from any place and after certain rites they are adopted as indigens. Many igbo women came through that route. Anyway, let me not go in details so as not to wash our linens in public. You need to learn your history. Guy, perhaps, you need to consult some materials by Professor Tekene Tamuno

Oh please..what's so difficult for you to understand?? Speaking the language doesn't make you a clan member. Which one is this, trading and fishing part of Okrika gist?? You APC supporters can mix things up. Don't Okrikans speak Igbo?? Does that make them igbo?? Case closed. You're here haping on what I already know undecided

4 Likes

Re: Amaechi: I’m Igbo, Jonathan Who Says His Name Is Ebele Can’t Speak The Language by SUBMARINE: 10:59pm On Jan 09, 2015
Forwetinnah:

You dont get the drift...Ameachi claiming to speak the igbo language doesn't make him more igbo than GEJ, it doesn't matter if GEJs real name is Ebele-tubominasi. As for your 700% ijaw gist; all hogwash. Alot of our maternal grannies are Igbos especially from Umuahia ( you consult your history, you really need it)...i never said the Okrikans are igbos, but we speak the language very well nonetheless especially those from Ogan, KalioAma villages. Bottom line is that "speaking a certain language doesn't make you more of a clan member as much as bearing the name" , Ameachi should go chill on his boy-boy kitchen stool. *yawning**

If you are a lady, you deserve a kiss and a one out of the deepest part of the heart

Keep educating him that we Igbos embrace GEJ as one of ours

4 Likes

Re: Amaechi: I’m Igbo, Jonathan Who Says His Name Is Ebele Can’t Speak The Language by Nobody: 10:59pm On Jan 09, 2015
SUBMARINE:

You have time for him.......

That guy may be typing from a psychiatric home wink
don't mind the heddiot feeling funky, ikwerres are destitutes.

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi: I’m Igbo, Jonathan Who Says His Name Is Ebele Can’t Speak The Language by HopeAtHand: 11:00pm On Jan 09, 2015
[email][/email]
customized13:

Mr man, you are the stvpid one here.. odika i si ulo ndi ara puta.

Am telling u to get off our fvcking lane and your talking about sitting down somewhere..Wassup wit Igbos and their decision to constantly be on Ikwerre diicks..

This obsession on us by Igbos is becoming diabolical.

Its on NL i hear Igbos calling Ikwerres Igbos..they never say it to our face..what you cant attempt in real life is cowardly to attepmt on NL..

I have never really associated Igbos with cowardice, maybe, just maybe, i have been wrong.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi: I’m Igbo, Jonathan Who Says His Name Is Ebele Can’t Speak The Language by Forwetinnah: 11:01pm On Jan 09, 2015
SUBMARINE:

If you are a lady, you deserve a kiss and a one out of the deepest part of the heart

Keep educating him that we Igbos embrace GEJ as one of ours

I'm a lady..
kiss right back at ya

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi: I’m Igbo, Jonathan Who Says His Name Is Ebele Can’t Speak The Language by NoreenUG(f): 11:03pm On Jan 09, 2015
HopeAtHand:

Who is we?? Madam speak for youself..Pazienza and his Igbos-needs-a-saeport gang wouldn't allow Ikwerres be on NL..

Ikwerre this Ikwerre that..what tha hell wit you people!

Calculate your level of embarrassment, add 10 to it and multiply the total by a billion..Thats the number of times i am embarassed whenever Ikwerre is referred to as Igbo.

I wouldn't even have the time to trouble your mentions if u dint quote me..

see how dumb ur value system itself is?
Pazienza simply trolls u ppl on the internet. are u going to compare that with amaechi (the most prominent man in ikwerreland) kneeling and kissing our feet because he understands truly that ikwerre ppl are numerically and socially irrelevant? because if u are, then u are even far dumber than i thought.

take a trip to the US and see ur brothers fighting tooth and nail to be igbo once they see an igbo diaspora cultural group. So if u feel embarrassed about the few here, then u might just commit suicide when u see the thousands outside.

i will say it again, that ikwerre ppl are useless to us, and anybody making u feel important on nairaland is merely trolling ur gullible sttupid asss.
How many strong indigenous companies are owned by ikwerres? How many banks do u own? How many industries have u built? Don't ur ikwerre ppl quickly drop their "ikwerreness" once it comes to hustling for roles in nollywood movies in enugu? i laugh at u.
Embarrassment is ur middle name, and it will follow u to ur graves.

Just tell amaechi to stop tagging his schizophrenic self with igbos. We have nothing in common with ikwerres.
Have a blessed day.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amaechi: I’m Igbo, Jonathan Who Says His Name Is Ebele Can’t Speak The Language by SUBMARINE: 11:03pm On Jan 09, 2015
Forwetinnah:

I'm a lady..
kiss right back at ya

Thanks

Are you Ijaw.?
Re: Amaechi: I’m Igbo, Jonathan Who Says His Name Is Ebele Can’t Speak The Language by Nobody: 11:04pm On Jan 09, 2015
HopeAtHand:
[email][/email]

Am telling u to get off our fvcking lane and your talking about sitting down somewhere..Wassup wit Igbos and their decision to constantly be on Ikwerre diicks..

Its on NL i hear Igbos calling Ikwerres Igbos..they never say it to our face..what you cant attempt in real life is cowardly to attepmt on NL..

I have never really associated Igbos with cowardice, maybe, just maybe, i have been wrong.

may thunder fire you with that Igbo you just typed and still telling this same Igbo to get off your fvcking Igbo speaking ikwerre lane. Just imagine how you keep disgracing yourself and your termite tribe with the way you speak Igbo. Who's f00ling who?

4 Likes

Re: Amaechi: I’m Igbo, Jonathan Who Says His Name Is Ebele Can’t Speak The Language by Nobody: 11:04pm On Jan 09, 2015
[quote author=Forwetinnah post=29651880] You dont get the drift...Ameachi claiming to speak the igbo language doesn't make him more igbo than GEJ, it doesn't matter if GEJs real name is Ebele-tubominasi. As for your 700% ijaw gist; all hogwash. Alot of our maternal grannies are Igbos especially from Umuahia ( you consult your history, you really need it)...i never said the Okrikans are igbos, but we speak the language very well nonetheless especially those from Ogan, KalioAma villages]. Love your post.

4 Likes

Re: Amaechi: I’m Igbo, Jonathan Who Says His Name Is Ebele Can’t Speak The Language by SUBMARINE: 11:05pm On Jan 09, 2015
NoreenUG:

see how dumb ur value system itself is?
Pazienza simply trolls u ppl on the internet. are u going to compare that with amaechi (the most prominent man in ikwerreland) kneeling and kissing our feet because he understands truly that ikwerre ppl are numerically and socially irrelevant? because if u are, then u are even far dumber than i thought.

take a trip to the US and see ur brothers fighting tooth and nail to be igbo once they see an igbo diaspora cultural group. So if u feel embarrassed about the few here, then u might just commit suicide when u see the thousands outside.

i will say it again, that ikwerre ppl are useless to us, and anybody making u feel important on nairaland is merely trolling ur gullible sttupid asss.
How many strong indigenous companies are owned by ikwerres? How many banks do u own? How many industries have u built? Don't ur ikwerre ppl quickly drop their "ikwerreness" once it comes to hustling for roles in nollywood movies in enugu? i laugh at u.
Embarrassment is ur middle name, and it will follow u to ur graves.

Just tell amaechi to stop tagging his schizophrenic self with igbos. We have nothing in common with ikwerres.
Have a blessed day.

Jesus Christtttttt

Na person pekin you dey flog so. shocked

8 Likes

Re: Amaechi: I’m Igbo, Jonathan Who Says His Name Is Ebele Can’t Speak The Language by emmysoftyou: 11:06pm On Jan 09, 2015
HopeAtHand:

Until then.

what is ur native name?
Cos granny answer chinoni...but let me tell yu something from the bolded..

Must there be political gains or interest before yu foster the unity among the igbos or before yu reviews ur relationship with them...
you too will be unstable as time goes on...
Join the brother race...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi: I’m Igbo, Jonathan Who Says His Name Is Ebele Can’t Speak The Language by Nobody: 11:06pm On Jan 09, 2015
Forwetinnah:

Oh please..what's so difficult for you to understand?? Speaking the language doesn't make you a clan member. Which one is this, trading and fishing part of Okrika gist?? You APC supporters can mix things up. Don't Okrikans speak Igbo?? Does that make them igbo?? Case closed. You're here haping on what I already know undecided
You will rather say "don't Okrikans understand Igbo?" When you say speak, you make it sound like Okrikans use Igbo in their day-2-day lives. Maybe I misunderstood your first comment, it's okay jare. Nice meeting a brother-in-blood!!! But please, try to be clear so that you don't misinform the public.
Re: Amaechi: I’m Igbo, Jonathan Who Says His Name Is Ebele Can’t Speak The Language by Forwetinnah: 11:07pm On Jan 09, 2015
SUBMARINE:

Thanks

Are you Ijaw.?

Yelse...
Re: Amaechi: I’m Igbo, Jonathan Who Says His Name Is Ebele Can’t Speak The Language by Nobody: 11:08pm On Jan 09, 2015
HopeAtHand:
[email][/email]

FYI, I served in egbeda in emuoha local govt and i don't like your people one bit.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

APC Secretaries Visit Orji Uzor Kalu In Prison (Photos) / Ex-ministers Who Didn’t Make President Buhari’s Cut / UAE Convicts 6 Nigerians For Wiring $782,000 To Boko Haram, FG Official Indicted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.