Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,363 members, 7,812,036 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:53 AM

Amaechi: I’m Igbo, Jonathan Who Says His Name Is Ebele Can’t Speak The Language - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi: I’m Igbo, Jonathan Who Says His Name Is Ebele Can’t Speak The Language (71557 Views)

Arase Says His Official Good-bye To Osinbajo / PDP Apologizes To Zakari Biu , Says His Reinstatement Followed Due Process / Alleged N5bn Bribe: INEC Boss Says His Life Is In Danger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amaechi: I’m Igbo, Jonathan Who Says His Name Is Ebele Can’t Speak The Language by kurt09(m): 4:36pm On Jan 09, 2015
Amaechi: I’m Igbo, Jonathan who says his name is Azikiwe can’t speak the language

By Fredrick Nwabufo

Rotimi Amaechi, Rivers state governor, on Friday declared that he was Igbo and could speak the language while President Goodluck Jonathan whose other name is Azikiwe could not.

Speaking before a crowd of supporters at the All Progressives Congress (APC) presidential campaign in Aba, Abia state, Amaechi said: I am a bona fide Igbo man.

“My name is Amaechi, but President Jonathan who says his name is Azikiwe cannot speak the Igbo language.”

“He says his name Ebele; let him speak Igbo and let us see.”

Meanwhile, Muhammadu Buhari, who was given the title of Ogbuagu 1 by the traditional ruler of Aba, emphasised that security and the economy remained the key issues in his campaign.

He extolled the entrepreneurial abilities of the Igbo, assuring them that his government would create jobs through farming and mining for the unskilled youth while local entrepreneurs would be encouraged.

“The Igbo people ARE hardworking and my government would do everything possible to ensure that the people are empowered,” he said.

“The main concern of the APC is to make sure there are no idle Nigerian youths roaming the streets without jobs.”

http://www.thecable.ng/amaechi-im-igbo-jonathan-says-name-azikiwe-cant-speak-language

61 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Amaechi: I’m Igbo, Jonathan Who Says His Name Is Ebele Can’t Speak The Language by FKO81(m): 4:40pm On Jan 09, 2015
kurt09:
By Fredrick Nwabufor

Rotimi Amaechi, Rivers state governor, on Friday declared that he was Igbo and could speak the language while President Goodluck Jonathan whose other name is Azikiwe could not.

Speaking before a crowd of supporters at the All Progressives Congress (APC) presidential campaign in Aba, Abia state, Amaechi said: I am a bona fide Igbo man.

“My name is Amaechi, but President Jonathan who says his name is Azikiwe cannot speak the Igbo language.”

“He says his name Ebele; let him speak Igbo and let us see.”

Meanwhile, Muhammadu Buhari, who was given the title of Ogbuagu 1 by the traditional ruler of Aba, emphasised that security and the economy remained the key issues in his campaign.

He extolled the entrepreneurial abilities of the Igbo, assuring them that his government would create jobs through farming and mining for the unskilled youth while local entrepreneurs would be encouraged.

“The Igbo people ARE hardworking and my government would do everything possible to ensure that the people are empowered,” he said.

“The main concern of the APC is to make sure there are no idle Nigerian youths roaming the streets without jobs.”
Amaechi is on his own, thanks for reminding us. Next

117 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Amaechi: I’m Igbo, Jonathan Who Says His Name Is Ebele Can’t Speak The Language by eleko1: 4:44pm On Jan 09, 2015
sadWe all knw he use Azikwe name to swindle igbo peeps.This time around,we'll right the wrong.Jona scamming Nig since 2010 sad

234 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Amaechi: I’m Igbo, Jonathan Who Says His Name Is Ebele Can’t Speak The Language by wordcat(m): 4:44pm On Jan 09, 2015
Has he forgotten when he was accusing GEJ of favouring the Igbos more than the South South people?

177 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Amaechi: I’m Igbo, Jonathan Who Says His Name Is Ebele Can’t Speak The Language by LRNZH(m): 4:50pm On Jan 09, 2015
Aha .

The only Igbo President is the most clueless of all. How about that?

I rest my case.

GMB 2015. Anticorruption is in our DNA.

136 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Amaechi: I’m Igbo, Jonathan Who Says His Name Is Ebele Can’t Speak The Language by worthytalk: 4:57pm On Jan 09, 2015
Ameachi: Buhari can not memorize his phone number- Jonathan

Oga Jo get mouth die.

64 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi: I’m Igbo, Jonathan Who Says His Name Is Ebele Can’t Speak The Language by iiichidodo: 4:58pm On Jan 09, 2015
Confused driver-general...today he is igbo tomorrow he is Ikwerre...

103 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Amaechi: I’m Igbo, Jonathan Who Says His Name Is Ebele Can’t Speak The Language by Ikengawo: 4:59pm On Jan 09, 2015
[size=25pt]YOUR NAME IS ROTIMI[/size]

143 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Amaechi: I’m Igbo, Jonathan Who Says His Name Is Ebele Can’t Speak The Language by Ikengawo: 5:00pm On Jan 09, 2015
[size=25pt]YOU ARE A DRIVER[/size]

106 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Amaechi: I’m Igbo, Jonathan Who Says His Name Is Ebele Can’t Speak The Language by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jan 09, 2015
Noooooooo, Rotimi u are Ikwerre not Igbo abeg which part of Igboland if I may ask is Rotimi from, we re not supporting GEJ because he bears Igbo name(s) and his own Ebele is not even Igbo..........

97 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Amaechi: I’m Igbo, Jonathan Who Says His Name Is Ebele Can’t Speak The Language by lecturerdabo(m): 5:05pm On Jan 09, 2015
So because I speak hausa i'm from kano! Well he bears rotimi, I will not be surprised if amaechi claims Osun or Oyo as state of origen hence Yoruba!!

POLITICAL DESPARADO WITH LOST IDENTITY

81 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Amaechi: I’m Igbo, Jonathan Who Says His Name Is Ebele Can’t Speak The Language by Collynzo9: 5:14pm On Jan 09, 2015
The power of politics.

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi: I’m Igbo, Jonathan Who Says His Name Is Ebele Can’t Speak The Language by atlwireles: 5:18pm On Jan 09, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin No power is greater than the power of the PVC.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amaechi: I’m Igbo, Jonathan Who Says His Name Is Ebele Can’t Speak The Language by walexzee11(m): 5:20pm On Jan 09, 2015
The PDP Governors looks feed up! In that picture...

I think its just too late for them to Decamp!

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amaechi: I’m Igbo, Jonathan Who Says His Name Is Ebele Can’t Speak The Language by Texykool: 5:21pm On Jan 09, 2015
That Azikiwe trick Jonathan is playing on Easterners is the biggest scam of the decade.

Sai Buhari

85 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Amaechi: I’m Igbo, Jonathan Who Says His Name Is Ebele Can’t Speak The Language by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:25pm On Jan 09, 2015
Mbaka was right. It was four years ago that Jonathan went about calling himself "Azikiwe."

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Amaechi: I’m Igbo, Jonathan Who Says His Name Is Ebele Can’t Speak The Language by Ngwakwe: 5:27pm On Jan 09, 2015
Is Rotimi Amaechi not the person that asked Goodluck Jonathan if they (Rivers State people) are Biafrans?

Playing both sides of the game for political gains.

74 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi: I’m Igbo, Jonathan Who Says His Name Is Ebele Can’t Speak The Language by ozoigbondu: 5:32pm On Jan 09, 2015
Rotimi is not and will never be an igbo name.Amaechi is an ikwerre man and ikwerres have categorically declared that they are not igbos so what is this man talking about he even claimed gej is favouring igbos over SS if he was an igbo as he claims he would have been happy over this apparent favoritism

Meanwhile GEJ till amaechi finds his true roots angry

128 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Amaechi: I’m Igbo, Jonathan Who Says His Name Is Ebele Can’t Speak The Language by vanbonattel: 5:35pm On Jan 09, 2015
ozoigbondu:
Rotimi is not and will never be an igbo name.Amaechi is an ikwerre man and ikwerres has declared that they are not igbos so what is this man talking about he even claimed gej is favouring igbos over SS if he was an igboas he claims he would have been happy over this apparent favoritism
Meanwhile GEJ till amaechi finds his true roots angry
amaechi is just a friggin lazy ikwerre loudmouth, nothing more. he will never never be igbo.

57 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Amaechi: I’m Igbo, Jonathan Who Says His Name Is Ebele Can’t Speak The Language by Eziachi: 5:37pm On Jan 09, 2015
Chibuike Amaechi, nwunnem, We knew that you are Igbo even before your birth.
It's a pity that it took some political expediency for you to acknowledge what you are by birth and blood.
It is funny that those who spent ages here on Nairaland and other forums arguing how Ikwerre is not Igbo, will be lining up now to hail him, again because of the same political convenience.
As for Jonathan, he is as an Igbo man as I am a red Indian.

54 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Amaechi: I’m Igbo, Jonathan Who Says His Name Is Ebele Can’t Speak The Language by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jan 09, 2015
Why are these governors looking as if they are at a funeral church service?

36 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Amaechi: I’m Igbo, Jonathan Who Says His Name Is Ebele Can’t Speak The Language by FKO81(m): 5:39pm On Jan 09, 2015
Ngwakwe:
Is Rotimi Amaechi not the person that asked Goodluck Jonathan if they (Rivers State people) are Biafrans?

My bro help me ask him oo. Amaechi na idiot

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi: I’m Igbo, Jonathan Who Says His Name Is Ebele Can’t Speak The Language by vanbonattel: 5:40pm On Jan 09, 2015
Ngwakwe:

dont mind the asswipes

7 Likes

Re: Amaechi: I’m Igbo, Jonathan Who Says His Name Is Ebele Can’t Speak The Language by Nobody: 5:41pm On Jan 09, 2015
Some ikwere are proud igbos, lets not castigate them

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi: I’m Igbo, Jonathan Who Says His Name Is Ebele Can’t Speak The Language by Abagworo(m): 5:41pm On Jan 09, 2015
vanbonattel:

amaechi is just a friggin lazy ikwerre loudmouth, nothing more. he will never never be igbo.

He is only making it clear that Ikwerre is related to Igbo more than Ogbia.

8 Likes

Re: Amaechi: I’m Igbo, Jonathan Who Says His Name Is Ebele Can’t Speak The Language by Eziachi: 5:42pm On Jan 09, 2015
ovadoze:
Noooooooo, Rotimi u are Ikwerre not Igbo abeg which part of Igboland if I may ask is Rotimi from, we re not supporting GEJ because he bears Igbo name(s) and his own Ebele is not even Igbo..........
The part of Igboland called Ikwerre. The rest being Ngwa, Orsu, Ijejebee, Wawa, Owerre, Ogboo, Igbo Ariam etc . Learn your history.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Amaechi: I’m Igbo, Jonathan Who Says His Name Is Ebele Can’t Speak The Language by cheruv: 5:43pm On Jan 09, 2015
since when did amaechi become Igbo??
ikwerres have told us times without number that they're not Igbo and we've agreed so CRA stop beguiling us!
when the time comes,Rivers state would return oyigbo & ONELGA that she stole from the SE in 1976 angry

25 Likes

Re: Amaechi: I’m Igbo, Jonathan Who Says His Name Is Ebele Can’t Speak The Language by maestroferddi: 5:44pm On Jan 09, 2015
Oga you are Ikwerre and stop insulting the Igbo language by your funny attempt to speak it.

I thought you said Abia State and Jonathan connived to steal oil wells belonging to Rivers State.

How come you had the effrontery to go to Abia State and spread falsehood?

29 Likes

Re: Amaechi: I’m Igbo, Jonathan Who Says His Name Is Ebele Can’t Speak The Language by cheruv: 5:47pm On Jan 09, 2015
Eziachi:
The part of Igboland called Ikwerre. The rest being Ngwa, Orsu, Ijejebee, Wawa, Owerre, Ogboo, Igboland Ariam etc . Learn your history.
enyi,I maghi ihe gi naekwu.zim na eserese ala Igbo a ma gi o huru ala ikwerre?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amaechi: I’m Igbo, Jonathan Who Says His Name Is Ebele Can’t Speak The Language by warrior01: 5:48pm On Jan 09, 2015
Abagworo:

He is only making it clear that Ikwerre is related to Igbo more than Ogbia.
I didn't hear him say he is related to Igbos; He said he, Rotimi Amaechi, the Driver General of APC is Igbo. Pls, note for future references.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Amaechi: I’m Igbo, Jonathan Who Says His Name Is Ebele Can’t Speak The Language by Abagworo(m): 5:49pm On Jan 09, 2015
maestroferddi:
Oga you are Ikwerre and stop insulting the Igbo language by your funny attempt to speak it.

I thought you said Abia State and Jonathan connived to steal oil wells belonging to Rivers State.

How come you had the effrontery to go to Abia State and spread falsehood?

That Jonathan stole Rivers oil and gave to Abia, Bayelsa and Akwaibom should not be a joke for ethnic jingoists.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi: I’m Igbo, Jonathan Who Says His Name Is Ebele Can’t Speak The Language by benson81(m): 5:49pm On Jan 09, 2015
Hahahahahaha,Na wa becos of election ikwerre man don agree say em be ibo man grin

22 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Permission Taken From Police To Take Fayose To Hospital (Photos) / IPOB Members And Hausas Clash At Oyigbo In Rivers State (Photos) / Lucky Igbinedion’s Mansion In Abuja (See The Multi-billion Naira House)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.