Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,601 members, 7,809,185 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:39 AM

1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] (316231 Views)

Black Monday - A Crime Fiction / "Mohammed Ali At The Ring-side, 1985" - A Poem By Wole Soyinka / The Day The Clouds Turned Red (crime Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (112) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by shankies215(f): 1:34pm On Feb 28, 2015
Aeyah, mark, kpele

1 Like

Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 1:43pm On Feb 28, 2015
CHAPTER 2
JANUARY 1 1987
It is exactly two years that Ben Maurice left the shores of Nigeria after signing the peace pact with the Nigerian government. And everything had returned to normal except that, there is in place, discrimination between the ethnic groups in the country, the Yorubas and Hausa are finding it hard to associate with the Igbos considering the great turmoil they made the country go through and the Igbos on their part are still hurting from the fact that, their leader, Ben Maurice fooled them into agreeing to become a soveriegn nation and when the decision led to war, they all stood their grounds and fought the war, only for Maurice and the traditioal chiefs to collect a substantial amount of money from the government and they agreed to the peace pact. The aggrieved Easterners in a bid to retaliate took law into their hands and made sure, no government oil worker was allowed entry into the various oil wells to extract oil and take it to the refinery for processing, the eaterners were joined by fellows from the Niger Delta and oil became scarce, they vandalised pipelines, got oil illegally, process it locally and sell it off at cheap prices.
The government had on several occassions sent millitary troops to combat the aggrieved Easterners, but they were either set ablaze even before they arrived the oil wells or they were attacked massively by the natives.
The economy of the country was begining to dwindle, the international community is not offering a helping hand, the West African community was looking and they seemed to be enjoying themselves, the African community was not even talking about it, while the petroleum producing countries under the agies of OPEC told Nigeria point blank that the issue going on in the East has to do with governance, give the Igbos the chance to rule, and peace will reign, but no one was willing to hand over power after having a taste of how it feels to be in power.
But today, a new government was being inaugurated, a palace coup took place the previous day and the democratic president was killed during the bloody coup.
Major General Eke Obiano is the new president, while Colonel Mark Anthony would be the de-facto leader, the number two man. The country was thrown into great chaos the moment Eke Obiano announced himself as the new head of state, not because they hated milliatary government, but because the millitary government trauncated democracy and the head of state is an Easterner.
Nothern elites and activists as well as their south west counterparts were against the emergence of Eke as the new head of state. Series of protests were staged, several government workers went on strike, students boycotted school, politicians campaigned against his government, the nation was thrown into great chaos, but Eke Obiano remained focused and unperturbed. He assumed office as planned and the first thing he did was sack all the civil servants who went on strike on the grounds that they were not ready to work with his government, therefore he should replace them with people who are willing to work. He diversified the economy, just the same policy that The East Nigerian republic and the Federal republic of Nigeria allegedly agreed to. While fifty percent of the economy is generated from petroleum and natural resources while the other fifty percent will jointly be generated from Agriculture and Industry. His efforts were lauded, but his disciplinarian antics were just too much. His government dictated the prices to sell basic need in the market and any erring market woman or man would be sent packing from their shops. But the seeing the success of a government is just the problem of some people. They are tagged enemy of progress and therefore they are ready to do anything make a government look like it has failed in all sectors.
And then coup plotters emerged, they want him out.

--to be continued--

2 Likes

Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by LogoDWhiz(m): 1:57pm On Feb 28, 2015
I'm loving this d9ty7.

But it seems like you are rushing the story.

So many details that could av bin mentioned.
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 2:17pm On Feb 28, 2015
--continuation--
Even though she had reconciled with her husband, she still find it difficult to trust him with her heart. It took the pleading from her family and his family before she agreed to return to his house, even if she had been praying tirelessly that he get a grip on himself, so that he would come begging for forgiveness. But the pride in women won't let her forgive him the first time he came, therefore he allowed him to go through series of stress before she forgave him.
But, forgiveness they say lies with the heart and a selfish lover will only say the word forgiveness without it coming from deep down her heart. She seemed to be having personal issues with her husband who is now the vice president of the federal republic of Nigeria. Mark as a result of the nature of his job now comes home once a week which is only on saturdays and immediately it clocked five o'clock on sunday evening, the convoy is already hooting loudly in front of his mansion in Ikoyi, ready to be transported to Dodan barracks.
Grace couldn't understand why her husband would deny her and the children the chance to live in the government house with him, rather, he bought an exotic mansion in Ikoyi where they live in affluence and comfortability, but it was never enough. She had called him on several occassions, but he keeps saying for security reasons, he couldn't allow them live in the barracks, he claimed, there could be a coup at any given time and if at all it coup would be bloody, he would want to die his death alone and not take innocent people along, most especially, his beloved wife and wonderful children.
And to put an end to his security madness, she found herself pulling up inside, Alhaji Danbaba Sambo's mansion in Oshodi.
"Good afternoon madam." The security men greeted her with respect.
"Is Alhaji at home?" She asked.
"Yes, he is, but Alhaja is inside with him." The security man replied.
Grace gave a short laugh.
"That was then. As you can see, I am happily married now and my husband is the vice president of this country, therefore, let him know I am here."
Her mind wandered back to the 70s when she came to Lagos in search of greener pastures after her sewing business in Abeokuta crashed. She remembered meeting Danbaba Sambo who at the time was the supervising minister for Education and the moment he met her, they instantly hit up and they started going out. The high of the relationship was attending functions with the man and getting to meet great personalities. While the low of the relationship was the aspect of love making and the things that comes with it. While Alhaji Danbaba was a sex freak who could have sex anywhere, even inside public toilets if given the chance, something she couldn't keep up with. Another problem they had was when it comes to money, Alhaji won't release a kobo unless he has the full details of what she intend to use the money for and its usefulness or if possible, profit returned. He would monitor every kobo given out and ask questions like; "how did you spend this?" "Don't you think that's quite expensive? You should have gone for something cheaper."
It was when she could keep up no more that she met Mark Ashimolowo and they hit up instantly and it subsequesntly led to marriage. But unknown to Mark, his wife once dated Alhaji Sambo, his godfather.
One hour later, she was driving out of Alhaji's compound with a smile on her face. She had managed to give Alhaji who is also a strong political figure who had so much influence on the Nigerian Army. She managed to convince Alhaji the reason why Eke Obiano/Mark Anthony's government must be overthrown and Alhaji agreed with her.
Afterall, she just want to have her husband to herself alone. She no longer want to share her husband with his job.

--to be continued--
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 2:20pm On Feb 28, 2015
LogoDWhiz:
I'm loving this d9ty7.

But it seems like you are rushing the story.

So many details that could av bin mentioned.
There is a reason behind that. All the don't dent the image of the Igbos and all that are the reason why I decided to rush the part one of the story.
Instead of having six boring chapters, we would be having two . Even though those chapter are in no way that important, but I just want you to have an idea of what the major characters were like years ago before we jump into the main story.

1 Like

Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by snowhyt(f): 3:14pm On Feb 28, 2015
interestin story but its kinda fast
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Nobody: 3:28pm On Feb 28, 2015
Grace is taking this too personal.
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 3:29pm On Feb 28, 2015
snowhyt:
interestin story but its kinda fast
Its dangerous to bore you with stories at this stage. Wait till the story starts properly, then you'll beg me to make it fast.
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 3:31pm On Feb 28, 2015
Just one more update before we graduate into 2014. Since we've had an insight on the things that happened in 1985 and 1987. Even though it is not detailed enough, we just have to take it like that.
You may request for the cut out parts if you like, but the main story is 2014. The previous updates are just preambles.

1 Like

Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by stuff46(m): 3:41pm On Feb 28, 2015
The story is moving, Dee is working.
Nice updates Dee.

BtW why be say na women de be problem, plotting her husby's downfall; smh for them
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by snowhyt(f): 3:48pm On Feb 28, 2015
D9ty7:

Its dangerous to bore you with stories at this stage. Wait till the story starts properly, then you'll beg me to make it fast.
owk..
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by snowhyt(f): 3:54pm On Feb 28, 2015
stuff46:

BtW why be say na women de be problem, plotting her husby's downfall; smh for them
don't blame her.. she just wants her husband 2 b home @ all times
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by domido(m): 4:43pm On Feb 28, 2015
Hhhmmm!!! I fear who no fear woman.
Well I don't tinks its ma fault if am Oliver Twist. Pls I nid more.
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Uthman51(m): 5:37pm On Feb 28, 2015
Hmmm.... WOMEN! WOMEN!! HA Na only God go save we men from una hand
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by stuff46(m): 8:22pm On Feb 28, 2015
By going the hard way?
snowhyt:
don't blame her.. she just wants her husband 2 b home @ all times

Check the many consequencies not the selfish intrest on her part. Their could be many (a thousand) ways to tell the man the thing with good motive that the man will accept but for her selfish intrest (i tame that her silly excuse of family life and co; selfish) i guess the man wont listen; and also, now that he is the vp, Nbanu; even if na me, i go just beat her to death.

She no know say to be in power is sweet?
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by stuff46(m): 8:25pm On Feb 28, 2015
Seriously, only God
Uthman51:
Hmmm.... WOMEN! WOMEN!! HA Na only God go save we men from una hand
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by snowhyt(f): 8:42pm On Feb 28, 2015
stuff46:
By going the hard way?

Check the many consequencies not the selfish intrest on her part. Their could be many (a thousand) ways to tell the man the thing with good motive that the man will accept but for her selfish intrest (i tame that her silly excuse of family life and co; selfish) i guess the man wont listen; and also, now that he is the vp, Nbanu; even if na me, i go just beat her to death.

lolx... beat her 2 death? dats too harsh na...
Power is sweet o, who no like to dey in charge?
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by domido(m): 10:27pm On Feb 28, 2015
But she went too far.
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Nobody: 10:35pm On Feb 28, 2015
stuff46:
By going the hard way?

beat her to death? That's an offence,you will be charged for Murder or Man slaughter.
But i agree that's a foolish thing for her to do.
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Slimzjoe(m): 10:56pm On Feb 28, 2015
Ben Maurice Reminds me of a Certain Coward who is dead Now undecided
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by stuff46(m): 11:20pm On Feb 28, 2015
Millitary charged to court? Huh, were you there during the military regime; if not read about them, i will beat her and walk about displaying her dead body; it would be no mans business and life goes on.
prettydiva89:

beat her to death? That's an offence,you will be charged for Murder or Man slaughter.
But i agree that's a foolish thing for her to do.
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by stuff46(m): 11:36pm On Feb 28, 2015
cheesy that is what is takes to blackmail a connel
snowhyt:
lolx... beat her 2 death? dats too harsh na...
Power is sweet o, who no like to dey in charge?
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Lilyomi(f): 11:42pm On Feb 28, 2015
Men n cheating: like da cripple n da grnd. Adeh is my witness. Shankies I dey lie? Anyway I like da fact dat da beginin is shortened. This issue is stl a sensitive one. Stuff46 wl kill me if I blame his faction. Anyway onemansquad pls refill my cup. My juice is finished
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Nobody: 1:07am On Mar 01, 2015
Nice work so far, all i've been going through in this story seems to be real, just like something i read in the civil war, anyway rid on bruh..
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by LogoDWhiz(m): 10:19am On Mar 01, 2015
D9ty7:

There is a reason behind that. All the don't dent the image of the Igbos and all that are the reason why I decided to rush the part one of the story.
Instead of having six boring chapters, we would be having two . Even though those chapter are in no way that important, but I just want you to have an idea of what the major characters were like years ago before we jump into the main story.

I support u on that.

Was just unhappy I won't read more juicy details that were skipped.

All in all. This is very interesting!
Welldone
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by LogoDWhiz(m): 10:30am On Mar 01, 2015
Lilyomi:
Men n cheating: like da cripple n da grnd. Adeh is my witness. Shankies I dey lie? Anyway I like da fact dat da beginin is shortened. This issue is stl a sensitive one. Stuff46 wl kill me if I blame his faction. Anyway onemansquad pls refill my cup. My juice is finished

Morning!
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Lilyomi(f): 12:05pm On Mar 01, 2015
LogoDWhiz:

Morning!

U sound guilty
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 12:30pm On Mar 01, 2015
Since LogoDWhiz, the secretary in the days of Teenage love and the undercover agent don talk. Na to carry go remain.
Happy sunday to y'all. Update loading
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Benjaminbest(m): 2:26pm On Mar 01, 2015
D9ty7 anoda block buster story on point. Have nt started reading sha i believe i wil catch up wit u b4 u get to page ten. Thumb up
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by LogoDWhiz(m): 2:38pm On Mar 01, 2015
Lilyomi:

U sound guilty

Lol!

Nah, I'm not!

And please, stop the generalization.

Girls cheat too.
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by LogoDWhiz(m): 2:41pm On Mar 01, 2015
D9ty7:
Since LogoDWhiz, the secretary in the days of Teenage love and the undercover agent don talk. Na to carry go remain.
Happy sunday to y'all. Update loading

Lol! U still remember.
It was an honour serving in that position.

Carry go.
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Nobody: 3:18pm On Mar 01, 2015
stuff46:
Millitary charged to court? Huh, were you there during the military regime; if not read about them, i will beat her and walk about displaying her dead body; it would be no mans business and life goes on.

i mean in this present days.
Happy new month

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (112) (Reply)

"Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi / An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) / [story] My Life As A Yahoo Boy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.