Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,309 members, 7,822,534 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:29 PM

1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] - Literature (79) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] (317150 Views)

Black Monday - A Crime Fiction / "Mohammed Ali At The Ring-side, 1985" - A Poem By Wole Soyinka / The Day The Clouds Turned Red (crime Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (112) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by tecno4life(m): 9:16pm On Jun 21, 2015
Okay now individual rating, grin
That all in a circle cover hic grin
Throw it into the bin it's crap

Score: 10/100
The ten na for your time
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by tecno4life(m): 9:22pm On Jun 21, 2015
D9ty7:

Its a pity the internet is all about the whites. I don't mean to be racist here, but in every ten searches you make, 9/10 will be about the whites and the other 1 will be 50% of the whites and 50% of the blacks.
Its a different thing to get a perfect picture to represent a story, it is a different thing to make that same picture represent the setting of the story- Africa.
Can you please explain what you meant concerning AIAC?

Sorry na Mtn network, I didn't see it the first time
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by tecno4life(m): 9:26pm On Jun 21, 2015
Blood bond has a perfect cover except for the text colours, you know the clock meaning connecting with the dates. Its perfect thumbs up.

Score: 95/100
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by shankies215(f): 9:27pm On Jun 21, 2015
D9ty7:
Someone should please rate those book covers up there. After my data loss yesterday, I spent the whole of today trying to get most of my datas anew, and to also take a bold step towards the release of my ebook.
The goodnews now is, I will officially be launching my own website during the summer and four of my stories would be published on Okadabooks.com, bookateria.com and mobilebookshelf.com
Drop your comments about the book covers. The professional graphics designers in the house, rate it and make corrections.
Cc: Stuff46, Lilyomi, Onemansquad, Adeh39, Tecno4life, Omotalkie, Shebarh, Shankies215.

NB: The bookcovers up there were all designed by d9ty7 and exclusively protected under the copyright laws of the Federal republic of Nigeria.
wao,, weldone, i luv the covers but i think u shud change the font colours u used for blood bond nd the thomas.......Barakallahu fihi
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by omotalkie(f): 9:27pm On Jun 21, 2015
D9ty7:

Thank you very much ma'am for all those accolades. You need to see how my head is swelling.
You will buy them, won't you?
I don't remember you reading Shadows from the past when I was posting it. Or did you read it after I finished it?
Thanks all the same.
Why not? I'll definitely buy them. I read shadows from d past on facebook and it was rily gud. Seriously, ure rily trying
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by tecno4life(m): 9:29pm On Jun 21, 2015
Shadows from the past. Guy I doable for you, you got this one hands down that's a perfect portrayal of what's in the book.
Score: 100/100
LogoDWhiz I sight you
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by omotalkie(f): 9:30pm On Jun 21, 2015
tecno4life:
Blood bond has a perfect cover except for the text colours, you know the clock meaning connecting with the dates. Its perfect thumbs up.

Score: 95/100
I think d font will be better in red than green shey?
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by tecno4life(m): 9:36pm On Jun 21, 2015
The Thomas hmmm.
Okay it's great but not just as good as Shadows from the past. Well you didn't tell me you were so hood in graphics designing.
Score 98/100

The only one that needs touching is blood bond that font colours.
All in a circle doesn't need touching it needs to be made from scratch, you know that pic looks too gimmicky or should I say cartoonish.
Skimpledawg where my order add cow tail pepper soup.
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by LogoDWhiz(m): 9:43pm On Jun 21, 2015
tecno4life:
Shadows from the past. Guy I doable for you, you got this one hands down that's a perfect portrayal of what's in the book.
Score: 100/100
LogoDWhiz I sight you

Equally sighted boss! grin

D9ty7, I'm impressed.
Basic, Simple and full of content.

My favourite is The Thomas. The expression of the girl speaks volume
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by labaski(f): 10:05pm On Jun 21, 2015
I didn't read shadows from d past but d cover pages for d remaining stories are just perfect.. i'd rate it a 90%. thumbs up..
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by kingphilip(m): 10:31pm On Jun 21, 2015
D9ty7:

Thank you very much
to me they r good but I think u should go to a section of nl where the gurus on this reside n get their opinion

Him no kukuma ask for my opinion

Crawls back to my shell
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Onemansquad(m): 10:54pm On Jun 21, 2015
Slimzjoe:

The gun might Put people off? Broda, The Gunz will Draw Crime nd thriller Lovers More!
Tecno4life Onemansquad am I On Point?
u ar so on point oga
am in support
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Onemansquad(m): 11:05pm On Jun 21, 2015
Dee those cover make sense lyk moi moi and ogi
But baba *that AIAC ah no gbadu am oo* u nid design another cover 4 It if u have d tym nd change dat font colour*

The thomas its ok oo bt me no lyk am as u use white girl oo *baba 4gt abt the internet* try sumtin different

Blood bond *pls lets c d second cover design maybe dat one wil be better*

1 Like

Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Onemansquad(m): 11:10pm On Jun 21, 2015
Bootybuttchic:
wink wink wink
ehen u ar giving me green light ba dnt worry am cumin bak 4 u
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Bootybuttchic(f): 6:38am On Jun 22, 2015
Onemansquad:

ehen u ar giving me green light ba dnt worry am cumin bak 4 u
green ko.....blue ni grin grin
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Shebarh(f): 10:02am On Jun 22, 2015
D9ty7:
Someone should please rate those book covers up there. After my data loss yesterday, I spent the whole of today trying to get most of my datas anew, and to also take a bold step towards the release of my ebook.
The goodnews now is, I will officially be launching my own website during the summer and four of my stories would be published on Okadabooks.com, bookateria.com and mobilebookshelf.com
Drop your comments about the book covers. The professional graphics designers in the house, rate it and make corrections.
Cc: Stuff46, Lilyomi, Onemansquad, Adeh39, Tecno4life, Omotalkie, Shebarh, Shankies215.

NB: The bookcovers up there were all designed by d9ty7 and exclusively protected under the copyright laws of the Federal republic of Nigeria.
dee shadows from d past and the Thomas still make sense.. but all in a circle and d oda one no too make sense... cos if i want to be a novel d name,d cover picture and summary is wat i look out for... if tis up to u ooo i tink u should change d cover pic for all in a circle and d oda one... my opinion tho.. but dee u r moving to greater heights
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Onemansquad(m): 10:18am On Jun 22, 2015
Bootybuttchic:
green ko.....blue ni grin grin
talk jor cool what is ur opinion abt dose cover designs?
Have not been seeing you on dee's thread abi u ar reading the stories on ghost mode cheesy cheesy
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 10:27am On Jun 22, 2015
Onemansquad:

Have not been seeing you on dee's thread abi u ar reading the stories on ghost mode cheesy cheesy
Guy! Check your WhatsApp I left a message for you. Reply ASAP
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Lilyomi(f): 12:46pm On Jun 22, 2015
kingphilip:
to me they r good but I think u should go to a section of nl where the gurus on this reside n get their opinion

Crawls back to my shell
Mwah! I miss u!
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Lilyomi(f): 12:50pm On Jun 22, 2015
But for da font colour to red, I think da first is very matured. It cn get matured readers. Ok I gett their quest for africans on da last two. Not racist but makes it real. Gud job. Personally, I like foreign novels n covers like da first two, contain classic stories. Gud job
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Kitme(f): 2:43pm On Jun 22, 2015
kingphilip:

Crawls back to my shell
Hey,the gurus might not be able to gve their best opinion wtout readin or havin an idea abt d stories, so i think dis z d bst place to seek for advice........,.btw, are u Ibo?
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by kwencypresh(f): 4:38pm On Jun 22, 2015
same here
i love d Thomas cover
LogoDWhiz:

Equally sighted boss! grin

D9ty7, I'm impressed.
Basic, Simple and full of content.

My favourite is The Thomas. The expression of the girl speaks volume
The expression on d girl's face says it all
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by LogoDWhiz(m): 4:50pm On Jun 22, 2015
kwencypresh:
same here i love d Thomas cover The expression on d girl's face says it all
Yeah. grin Exactly my point.

Kindly vote for TomFrench in the undergoing Mr. Nairaland competition. Cc: Everyone in this house. Thanks!
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by kwencypresh(f): 4:52pm On Jun 22, 2015
done dat already
LogoDWhiz:

Yeah. grin
Exactly my point.

Kindly vote for TomFrench in the undergoing Mr. Nairaland competition.
Cc: Everyone in this house. Thanks!
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by LogoDWhiz(m): 5:06pm On Jun 22, 2015
kwencypresh:
done dat already
Thanks dear *muah*
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Idiataqueen(f): 5:07pm On Jun 22, 2015
Where is d update nowwww did i just comment lolz.
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 7:26am On Jun 23, 2015
--continuation--
Tina sped on 'recklessly but carefully.' Covering the distance of 200km/hr, but at the same time paying attention to the traffic signs and lights, allowing other vehicles to overtake her, and at the same time overtaking other vehicles on the road.
Even though she couldn't place why she was driving at such a high speed, because on a normal day, she shouldn't be running away from Daniel Martins or trying to escape from him, but thinking about the past and how it has contributed to shaping the present and most importantly, the future, she knew the only way she would be happy and fufilled is by keeping her distance from Daniel Martins, even if it requires her leaving her present apartment, quitting her job or leaving Lagos, in as much as it guarantees the much desired distance from the reach of Daniel.
"Watch your way reckless woman." A motorist yelled at Tina who has lost concentration on the task at hand(driving off to avoid Daniel)
Tina, out of fear and shock immediately swerved to avoid being hit or hitting any vehicle nearby. The car subsequently went into a deep pothole.
"Oh my God!" She screamed as the car frame hit the groud so hard.
Chris woke with a start.
"Mum, what's going on?"
"Nothing dear." Tina replied as she got herself together amd pulled unto the road conneting her house.
Even though she knew driving home was a bad idea, she as well knew that giving Martin a run is sucidal. His presence alone is causing her a lot of distractions. And distraction while driving is what every legal car user tries to avoid.
She honked the car twice once she was a few houses away from her apartment and immediately, Daniel overtook her for the first time and parked just in front of her gate.
Being his first time in the estate, Daniel had no idea of which of the houses was hers or the particular flat where she lived. But he assumed a four flat storey building to be her house since after she honked, a young man opened the gate, hence, his reason for going up to park at the entrance.
"Excuse me Mister. Are you driving in or what?" The man who opened the gate asked, but Daniel ignored him.
"Am not here for you." Daniel thought.
Immediately Daniel moved to block the entrance with his super expensive car, Tina considered swinging her car sideways and driving out of estate or swinging to reverse, but a quick thought of what may happen made her match on the break, and switching of the ignition.
Knowing the type of person Daniel was, she knew him as someone who would never cave-in except when his conviction told him to do so. She knew it would be difficult to get the better of him this time around.
Slowly, she alighted the car and moved towards the gate.
"Mummy Chris, Welcome." The young man who opened the gate said.
"Thank you Mr Obi. You closed early from work today or you didn't go at all?" Tina asked.
"Am actually on leave." The man replied.
"Its your time, enjoy." Tina laughed.
"So, this man here, should I get the copper occupying the top floor and his friends to come throw him out with his car or I should get the copper and his friends to throw him out?"
"Don't worry, I can handle him."
"Don't hesitate to call on us. Hello Chris." The man replied before waving at Chris who responded lazily.
Daniel opened his car door for the first time and alighted.
"What do you want?" Tina attacked.
"I came to talk."
"And what makes you think I'll be interested in your talks?" She asked. "Chris! Go inside." Tina said to his son who grudginly dragged his feet out of the car and towards the gate.
"Hello Chris." Daniel said.
"Hello Mr Martins." Chris replied giving his mother a knowing look.
Sure that Chris was out of earshot, she attacked Daniel once again
"What exactly is your problem? What do you want with me?"
Its a different thing to be tutored by an expert and a whole different thing to be tutored by an expert in the way 'experts' do things. After a couple of heavy classes behind close doors, Daniel can boast of having learnt from his 'buddy' Jimmy.
Slowly, he went down on his knees, an act he learnt from Jimmy 'the don' himself. According to Jimmy, no sane lady enjoys seeing her man on his knees pleading for a favour or begging for forgiveness. According to him, as a man, it is important to watch her(the lady) first time reaction to you going on your knees, but in the case of Nigerian girls who enjoys nothing but seeing their man suffer, instead of kneeling down, the man should probably prostrate and roll on the ground.
"Am sorry Tina."
Public display of attention, romantic gestures in public and other attention vices was one thing Tina was weak at. And she doubted her strong-will to reject Daniel no matter what.

--to be continued--

4 Likes

Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 7:30am On Jun 23, 2015
Guys manage this till later in the day when I will add one or two more

1 Like

Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Lbotusme: 8:17am On Jun 23, 2015
Nice!!! I thought his(daniel) bloated ego won't let him apologize
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Bootybuttchic(f): 8:29am On Jun 23, 2015
Onemansquad:

nooo ooo.....just waiting for updates cheesy....and reading that all in a circle by dee......the guy is a bombblast ooooooo cheesy ......the cover designs seems cool o....me likey wink ......especially thomas family,all in circle ...in fact evrything.......d9ty7 ........i hail thee cool
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Shebarh(f): 12:20pm On Jun 23, 2015
lol....if i was tina Daniel go roll on d floor according to wat dee said...
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Lilyomi(f): 12:59pm On Jun 23, 2015
So he wants to kip da boy or wat. Even if I tell my son he is ur dad, he stl remains wif me. No one loves better dan mum. N wif wat Ade cud do, I wl also do anythin to prevent her frm gettn close to my son

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (112) (Reply)

"Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi / An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) / [story] My Life As A Yahoo Boy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.