Stats: 3,150,979 members, 7,810,718 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:54 PM

1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] - Literature (81) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] (316307 Views)

Black Monday - A Crime Fiction / "Mohammed Ali At The Ring-side, 1985" - A Poem By Wole Soyinka / The Day The Clouds Turned Red (crime Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (112) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 6:30pm On Jun 24, 2015
--continuation--
"Tina, am sorry for how I treated you back then, I know I failed in my responsibilities as a...." Daniel was saying.
"No. There was never a responsibility. You did whatt was right. You destroyed my life and stabbed yours. You had the opportunity to redeem yours and mine, but you choosed to treat your bleeding life. See yourself today, the managing Director of a leading company in Africa. And me a security agent at your service. But one thing you failed to realise is that, I did you more good than harm. Did you know how much I wanted to become a nurse? Did you know how much my parents spent to ensure that I lacked nothing? Did you know I was a role model to the younger kids back then?" Tina poured out.
"Am sorry."
"Stop telling me you are sorry. Did you know I lost my father the moment he knew I was pregnant? The last time he showed fatherly love towards me was when I went into a thirty six hours labour when I had my son. The only concern he showed was to invite pastors to pray for me. Daniel, let us face the truth, the pregnancy then was a mistake from both of us, but regardless, you should be a man. I never asked you to marry me. If you had stayed as the guy responsible for the bump, I wouldn't have felt so humiliated then. Did you realise I dropped out of school then? Did you realise that as I am speaking to you, I can't boast of a first degree? I don't have it. I was out of the system four months before I had my son, I returned to my education five years later after everyone pleaded with my father to allow me. Returning to write Jamb at twenty five was like a sixteen year old boy feeding on breastmilk. I shook off every shame, but I failed Jamb on two occassions. Daniel, at twenty seven, my youthful life is officially over. I enrolled into a defence school just to forget my past and live a new life. See me today. As a nurse, I might not have achieved what I have today, even though if I had graduated as a nurse at twenty four then, I would have been happily married, but all the same, I am a happy mother." By now, tears had welled up her eyes.
"Am sorry Christina. I never meant to treat you that way. You and I knew it has always been my dream to complete my education abroad and make something out of life, so when the opportunity came, Adeola gave me the option that I either remain in Nigeria to claim responsibilty for the baby or I travel abroad. I thought it was for the best, afterall, I will return in few years and I'll work something out for you and the baby. On my retun, a quick wedding was arranged and I tied the knot with Adeola, she told me to forget about you and the baby else she will report to her father and I will be sacked from work and our marriage dissolved. My greatest mistake was choosing my job and marriage. Chris is my future, Tina please."
"What exactly do you want me to do Daniel?" Tina asked.
"Can I stand up?"
"I never asked you to kneel down, why should I ask you to stand. It's your decision." Tina replied coldly.
Daniel dragged himself up in embarrassment.
"You know, I have met Chris on a couple of times and I know you haven't told him who his father is." Daniel said.
"You should have told him when you saw him." Tina replied.
"How could I?"
"You are Daniel Martin. You have money and you have power, just call a press conference and tell the world you have a son. I wonder what you want from my son. The ones Adeola had for are not enough abi? You keep your kids in London and here you are running after one boy." Tina replied.
"If only you know I have no child from Adeola." Daniel thought but his thought was interrupted by Tina's high pitched voice.
"Chris....! Christopher..." She screamed.
"Yes mum." Chris voice sounded from inside the house.
Moments later, footsteps could be heard as Chris approached the gate.
"Yes mum! You called me." He said once he came before his mother.
Chris gave Daniel a you-are-still-here look.
"Hello Chris." He greeted.
"You greeted me ten minutes ago." Chris thought as he bowed his head in response.
"So, mummy.."
"Yeah.... Daniel Martins here has something to tell you." Tina replied. "Daniel, he is here now, talk to him." Tina said as with this, she eased past Daniel, Chris and Daniel's car.
"Chris, lock the gate when you are coming in." Tina added.
"Chris, you see when I was in the university, I was dating a girl, Adeola, my wife. Her bestfriend was Christina James, your mum. One thing led to another and I slept with your mum. It resulted in pregnancy and she had you. Chris, I am your father. The one you have always wanted to meet and know."
"You are my father?" Chris asked.
"Yes son."
"Okay. Any other thing?" Chris asked.
"Nothing." Daniel replied.
"Good!" With this, Chris walked back into the compound and immediately locked the gate as his mother instructed.

Daniel was brought out of his reverie by a waving hand before his face.
-Afterall, it was all in his head. He had allowed his thought overcome his present state.
"Sorry." Daniel said.
"So, you want to talk to me. Am here." Chris said.
His mind wandered back to one of the conversations he had had with his friend, Jimmy.
[b] "There is no point telling the boy you are his father." Jimmy had said.
"Why?" Daniel asked.
"Cos, he won't believe you."
"How?" Daniel asked.
"This is it. The boy has lived all his life with his mother. No father figure has been in his life. You coming out to say you are his father, he will find it difficult to adjust to the situation or adapting. He will find it difficult to trust you." Jimmy had explained.
"You do have a point. So, are you suggesting that.... I let Tina do the talking?"
"Who else if not Tina? Even with a DNA test result, the boy still won't believe you." Jimmy replied. "So, in your best interest, forget any decision that you'll take your child by force, you just can't. The boy is over seven years old and he would be asked by the court to pick whoever he wants to live with, you don't stand a chance here. Just find Tina's forgiveness, you sure need it. Become friends with her, check up on her regularly, do not discuss the issue of the child she had for you, just register your presence in her life and that of the boy. Once she realises that you have good intentions, she will personally sit the boy and tell him the whole story, which makes you the winner." Jimmy had concluded.
"How?" Daniel asked.
"Just do as I say and let the boy get used to seeing you around. By the time you want to take full custody of the boy, he won't say no, cos he would have been so connected with you." Jimmy explained.[/b]
"Yeah. I only wanted to say hi." Daniel replied.
"Oh! Good. So, you know my mum." Chris said.
"Yeah.... We used to live in the same neighbourhood back when we were young. So, I saw her car today and decided to tail her." Daniel replied.
"I see." Chris said. "I'll like to return back to the house now."
"Okay... See you later."
Chris walked back into the compound and fastened the lock. It was then it dawned on Daniel that Tina called Chris out to foil his plans, even though he had none. Tina had called Chris out to distract him. Knowing that once Chris shows up, Daniel will have a lot on his mind thinking of how grown his son had become and during that period, Tina went in.
He hopped into his car disappointedly and eased out of the entrance, narrowly missing Tina's car in the process.
"I should have asked for her number." He thought. "I am such a fool." He angrily blared his horns such that, house owners on both sides of the estate road had to peep through their window in order to know the person behind the disturbance.

--to be continued--

Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jun 24, 2015
Ehen...... I'm loving Tina's character now, She should have reacted like this long ago, instead of crying and acting like a baby......

Well, Daniel......I reserve my comment for you.......

Dee, thanks for the update.........More ink to ur pen and more mb to your phonewink

Hope your Tablet is feeling fine now?
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 6:50pm On Jun 24, 2015
--continuation--
Adeola angrily stormed out of her Godson's group of companies into the parking lot when her phone rang. It was her father.
"Hello dad." She greeted.
"I can't believe you came into the company and you couldn't come in to say hi to me. And to say your husband's office is opposite my office." Chief Olukolade, her father attacked.
"Dad! Its not like that, it was an emergency visit." She replied.
"Is it something serious?" Her father asked.
"No, its not."
"But, you could have at least checked on me or better still leave a message with my secretary."
"I don't like your secretary." Adeola replied.
"Don't say that. She is your cousin." Her father corrected.
"She behaves like a witch."
"So, where are you now?" Chief Olukolade asked.
"Am in the parking lot, just driving out."
"Is Daniel in? That boy is acting strange lately. I told him during the weekend that he should take the week off to enable him rest and get himself together, but he insisted on coming to work today."
"Hope he didn't do anything?" Adeola cuts in.
"He misled the valuation team and a federal government project was overpriced. So, we lost it."
"Daddy! We are very sorry. He is just going through a lot at present. Hope the contract loss won't affect the company's balance at the end of the year?"
"No. We are financially buoyant enough not to experience a drop." Her father replied. "Just try and call his line. I have called his office lines, but he isn't picking up, his secretary is representing him at a meeting with the factory workers. He might pick his wife's call."
"Okay dad. I'll do that." Adeola said before jumping into her yellow coloured Honda Element, and slowly, she eased out of the parking lot, then out of the gate and unto the main road.
As she drove on, she decided to take a peep into her favourite celebrity blog which has been keeping her company since the doctor told her she can't bear a child of her own. And suprisingly, the blog has done a lot in keeping her away from depression.
The picture she saw on the homepage almost made her loose control, but she managed to pull out of the main road.
"Daniel!" She cried as she beheld Daniel on the first news on the gossip blog. "Why?"
-----------
Magaret walked into her boss(Jimmy) office with a sullen look.
"Hey babe." Jimmy greeted rising up to his feet.
"Leave me jor."
"What's wrong with my girl?" He asked leading her to a seat.
"I feel like killing." Magaret muttered through gritted teeth.
Jimmy took two steps backward.
"so, who do you want to kill?" He asked.
"Adeola Olukolade." Magaret replied. "You need to see the way she disgraced me out of her husband's office few minutes ago. And she even asked me not to resume here on monday. Like I have been sacked."
"Is that why you want to kill her?" Jimmy asked.
"Yeah."
Jimmy smiled. "Why not let us steal a billion naira off the company and flee?"
Magaret raised her face to meet his.
"You rejected it the first time, am sure you are not doing the same now."
Magaret moved an inch closer to cover the distance between them and in a twinkle an eye, she locked lips with him.
Breaking apart moments later. "Am game." She said.
------
Adeola, still in anger dialled a number on her phone and waited for it to connect.
"Daniel kneeling before a lady." She thought angrily. "Tina, your end is near."
at once, the user at the other end picked the call.
"Hello Dragon." She said impatiently.
"This is not Draggy. Dragon is dead." A deep voice replied.
"Oh my God! Accept my condolence please." She said.
"You are Mrs Adeola Olukolade-Martins. You requested that a certain Christopher James be kidnapped and totured to death. He is thirteen years old. Am I right?" The voice at the other end read out her application.
"Yes, and its up to two weeks since I paid for the job and am yet to see results." Adeola said.
"We are striking this weekend." The voice replied.
"Good! Thank you very much. Your name please?"
"Its not important." With a click, the line went dead.
END OF CHAPTER 14

Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by shankies215(f): 7:34pm On Jun 24, 2015
Hehehehe, abi na mayor pick the phone.....tina! I luv dat!
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by omotalkie(f): 8:08pm On Jun 24, 2015
I'm certained that its mayor dat picked d call. Hehehe I laff in swahili. Adeola ure done for
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by ayox1(m): 8:24pm On Jun 24, 2015
Daniel u never see anything, haaa I swear to God wa fi imu re fi se abebe. Stupid id*ot.
As 4 u Adeola ur plans will never work. Tina I stand gidigba 4 ur back.

#TEAM TINA#
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by sammyomotola: 10:52pm On Jun 24, 2015
Oga dee, u re d baddest
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by kingphilip(m): 11:04pm On Jun 24, 2015
Lilyomi:
Mwah! I miss u!
missed u more sweetie
Hw have u been
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by kingphilip(m): 11:07pm On Jun 24, 2015
Kitme:
Hey,the gurus might not be able to gve their best opinion wtout readin or havin an idea abt d stories, so i think dis z d bst place to seek for advice........,.btw, are u Ibo?
a quick summary would do

I'm not even after d images at d front

I'm concerned about a mixture that will be catchy
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by FuroGintle(m): 11:35pm On Jun 24, 2015
Jeez xo Tina passed through all dis jst because of Daniel.........WTF.......go to hell daniel

#TEAM TINA#
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Skimpledawg(m): 12:14am On Jun 25, 2015
U doin a gr8 job hia oga Dee.... Like adeh39 said, more mb to ya brain n fone....

#teamDanielgogetChris.... Stuff46, if u yell at me next time, u will regret it :-
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Skimpledawg(m): 12:14am On Jun 25, 2015
U doin a gr8 job hia oga Dee.... Like adeh39 said, more mb to ya brain n fone....

#teamDanielgogetChris.... Stuff46, if u yell at me next time, u will regret it undecided
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by handie(m): 1:42pm On Jun 25, 2015
DEE, excellent stuff! I love this. Honestly, I've gotta salute ur genius. Keep up d good work man
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by ojjp: 6:09pm On Jun 25, 2015
Adeola ll fail in her bid to kidnap chris. Daniel ll also fail for nt heedin d counsel of his frd.
I c jimmy n mag in prison.
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by kwencypresh(f): 6:55pm On Jun 25, 2015
adeola .......smh Ur end is near M sure its Mark or Mayor dat picked d call
Neva knw Tina had a strong hrt oooo
Daniel 4get Chris n move on
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Neephemie(f): 9:42pm On Jun 25, 2015
I hope it's Mayor dat picked d kal o coz m sure D9ty7 wnt kill Chris. Adeola...small small o b4 u get HBP. Daniel.... U r on a long thing. Well done Tina nd Mark. Kudos 2 d big boss...more inspiration! Btw...all dose cover pages luk awesome!
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Lilyomi(f): 7:22am On Jun 26, 2015
I hope Ade realises they r loosing focus so da money wl come down. I pray Jimmy is caught! Maggie abeg drain money frm jimmy rather than steal. Must Chris die, any sane human wl knw Danny's performance wl b affacted n attitude at home sef. No wonder God took da womb away frm da female Hitler
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by KingzPen(m): 11:10am On Jun 26, 2015
Oga D9ty7, good job done so far... Kudos!
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by jessyjay48(m): 1:13pm On Jun 26, 2015
oga dee y d delay na.....update abeg ;Doga dee y d delay na.....update abeg
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by tecno4life(m): 4:50pm On Jun 26, 2015
Oga D9ty7 went on break or what, well I just called to say I'm going. Bye Onemansquad skimpledawg bluestarry and stuff46, hope you guys will keep this thread as lovely as all in a circle. By the way where is hameenat94, flakeey, flakkydagirl and emmykul4love I'm missing them ooh smiley
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Skimpledawg(m): 6:39pm On Jun 26, 2015
tecno4life:
Oga D9ty7 went on break or what, well I just called to say I'm going. Bye Onemansquad skimpledawg bluestarry and stuff46, hope you guys will keep this thread as lovely as all in a circle. By the way where is hameenat94, flakeey, flakkydagirl and emmykul4love I'm missing them ooh smiley
I bliv oga Dee is putting tins togeda so as to serve us beta... Lets gv him some time n by d way, call psalmwise for ya hot watery porridge beans to kip ya tummy busy grin
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Skimpledawg(m): 6:44pm On Jun 26, 2015
tecno4life:
bliv oga Dee is putting tins togeda so as to serve us beta... Lets gv him some time n by d way, call psalmwise for ya hot watery porridge beans to kip ya tummy busy grin

Kenwins... cry
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by chessyae: 7:31pm On Jun 26, 2015
This is getting very interesting. more grace dee
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by johnkay1(m): 9:43pm On Jun 26, 2015
Tina we still go for Ashimolowo, why Daniel we manage d LovePeddler who call herself secretary. I wouldn't be surprise if mark wife go for the FBI guy
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 9:58pm On Jun 26, 2015
#typing#
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Slimzjoe(m): 10:18pm On Jun 26, 2015
Anxiously and Impatiently waiting
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 10:44pm On Jun 26, 2015
CHAPTER 15
General John-Paul looked at the wall clock and subsequently stared at his wristwatch, his lips moving as he stared hard at the digital device, as if speaking to it. He angrily picked up the intercom and made a call.
"Hello Tee." He said to the secretary to the GOC's office at the defence headquarters.
"Hello General." A female voice replied.
"Are you capable of this job anymore? Its like you are leaving some assignments undone." He asked.
The lady laughed at the other end. Even though no one dared laugh when General John-Paul is speaking seriously, but talk about efficiency and extra favours, Tee clearly represents that.
Aside doing an A+ job, Tee also gives sexual sessions to her boss which has over the years made her one of the most powerful secretaries in the defence headquarters. An order from Lady Tee as she was fondly called is an order from John-Paul. And failure to comply could as well mean readiness to 'frog jump' from Maryland to Ikeja.
"I have been your secretary for three years, you even confessed that I am better than the last five you've had, so why will I misbehave now?" She asked.
"Is that so? Okay... Mention at least five assignments I have delegated unto you today."
"For the records, you haven't delegated up to five assignments to me, except you want to count my visit to your bank and overnight dealing with the IG. But considering the other three, I was at the N.U.R.T.W secretariat to pick up your monthly allocation, then you asked me to put a call through to a certain Christina James of N.A.T.U, asking that she meets you here by eleven....."
He cuts in...."Okay, okay. So, what do you think is delaying Christina?"
"I can't speak for her cos I don't even know her, but if the recent turn of event is anything to go by, then I'll say she was held up as a result of the attack on the N.A.T.U headquarters."
Immediately he heard that, his head went into a pause and all he could think of was Danny Lovato's involvement.
"When Danny knew he'll be blowing N.A.T.U, why did he still ask me to get Tina's head?" He wondered aloud.
"You said what?" Tee asked.
"Never mind, forward Christina James number." He hung up.
--------------
"Mum, so how did you say you meet or get to know Daniel Martins?" Chris asked as collected a cup of tea from his mother.
"Is that important now?" Tina who sensed that her son was trying to play a fast one on her. Probably because he already asked Daniel the same question which he answered, and he was now asking her, hoping that she says something different from her.
"I just want to know." Chris replied as he took the tea cup closer to his lips and immediately dropped it, the cup came shattering on the floor.
"Did you just break another cup? The fourth in this month?" Tina asked angrily.
"The tea is hotter than I expected." Chris replied.
Tina couldn't help but laugh. "Were you expecting something cold?"
"No, but not as hot as this. And moreso, you are drinking yours as if nothing is wrong."
"Even though you are smart, this is where age come to play. I am wiser than you, so I know how to drink without taking when its too hot." Tina replied with pride.
"Oh! I see. Lemme go look for a mop." With this he stood up and made his way out of the living room.
"You know, you shoulndn't bother. I'll do it... Ouch!" She stiffled a scream.
"What?" Chris turned back immediately to see his mother setting her cup on a stool. "Hot?" He laughed.
"No, I bit my tongue." She replied.
"You bit your tongue while drinking...." He laughed as he ran out of the living room.
"Naughty boy." Tina thought. She was all smiles as she imagined how happy and entertained she was around Chris. Life without him would make her loose her mind. She frowned at the thought. Having to see him been in a father-son relationship with Daniel scared her. She wasn't willing to share her son with anybody else, at least, not with a father who has never been there.
"Am I being selfish?" She asked herself.
"No." a voice in her subconscious replied, which was all the conviction she needed to make fresh vows concerning shielding away Chris from Daniel for as long as possible, at least, until he is eighteen.
"He will move over to Grandma's by month end and once N.A.T.U is able to get rid of Danny Lovato, I will relocate with my son. Probably to the UK." This seemed a perfect plan.
Her ringing phone brought her out of her reverie. "Christina James." She said on picking up.
"Hello Agent Christie, this is General John-Paul. Does that ring a bell?"
"Oh! Good afternoon sir." She greeted.
"Yeah, afternoon. I was wondering why you still haven't showed up or called to say you won't be honouring the meeting."
"Am sorry sir. You see, I was on my way when I recied a call that N.A.T.U is
under heavy attack, therefore I had to turn back." Tina explained.
"So, where are you now?"
"Actually, my son was kind of affected by the attack. I am home attending to him."
"Sorry about that." John-Paul said.
"Thank you sir."
"Can you send your address to me? So we could talk?" He asked.
"Am sorry sir, but my son won't be too comfortable with that." Tina replied.
"So, that means, I won't get to discuss with you. Its an issue of National security." He said.
"Am sorry sir. Maybe some other time." Tina said.
"Okay.... I'll call you some other time."
"All right sir." The line went dead.
Tina raised her head to see Chris smiling at the entrance ajoining the living room and the dinning room.
"What was that about?" He asked. "And thank God you know I won't be comfortable with anybody around." He added.
"I know what you like and what you don't." Tina smiled.
"That's why I am Chris and you are Chris too." Chris laughed and he high-fived his mother amidst laughter.
No wonder friends(Clara ) closer to mother and son once described them as siblings.
--to be continued--

Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 10:50pm On Jun 26, 2015
--continuation--
Mark walked into his house after a very stressful day at work. His shirt had its first two buttons loosed, his tie hanging loosely on his neck as he tiredly slumped unto a nearby couch. The living room was dark as a result of power outage, and the other non electric source of light in the house was a rechargeable lamp he bought days ago. He could see the rays of light from the kitchen, which means only one thing, Kimberly was frying as usual.
Since he came into the country months ago, he had fallen in love with a couple of Nigeria foods, even though he misses his favourite courses of meal in the states. As a man who had little or no time for preparing breakfast before leaving for work, he had a restaurant where he was well known as the only American customer who loved his food served hot, if possible, his drinks. Since he developed special likess for Nigerian food, he realised that all he was used to eating back in America were all fries. No matter how little, a certain percentage of oil would be found in their meals, but here in Nigeria, some foods are cooked without addition of oil or being fried. And even if there were oil, they are in smaller quantity when measured againt that of America, and his wife being an American, she does more frying than cooking.
"sweetheart is that you?" Kim's voice came from the kitchen.
"Why not check to be sure." Mark replied.
Kim walked towards him with the lamp in her hand.
"Welcome." She planted a kiss on his lips. "How was work? I tried you cell but it was off. The attack, hope no one died?" She asked, even though she secretely prayed that her problem(Tina) should die in the blast.
"The death toll isn't much, but its painful." Mark replied.
"We'll talk about it later." She kissed him once again as she stood up and made for the kitchen.
"Are you going to leave me in the dark?" Mark asked.
"Well, there is only one lamp. You should join me in the kitchen if you can't stay in the dark."
"Am tired." He complained. "I will tell the gateman to switch on the generator." He added.
"Good idea!" Kim lauded. "Maybe you should use the torch on my phone until then." she dropped her phone on the couch beside him.
Mark watched as his wife returned to the kitchen. He wondered how she quickly adapted to living in Nigeria. Despite the fact that she came from a country where power outage 'has never been' recorded into a country where, barely a week after her arrival, a massive outage was recorded. Even he himself couldn't talk about adapting to the conditions, but he believed he is better off his wife.
Suddenly, her phone started ringing,
"You have a call." He screamed.
"Answer for me please, or who is the caller?" Kim replied.
Mark picked up the phone to check who the caller was.
He expected the caller to be his mother or any of Kim's American friends, since she just arrived Nigeria, and he wasn't expecting her to have made friends within the space of five days. But the reverse was the case, staring at him boldy was the name, Tony.
"Who is Tony?" He asked himself, especially when she saw a (+234) Nigeria's dialling code preceding the phone number.
"The airport guy." His subconscious reminded him.
"Honey, who is it?" Kim asked innocently.
"Its nobody." Mark replied.
"I should call Tina." He muttered as he grabbed his phone and that of his wife(his source of light) and made for the bedroom.
------------------------------------------
He walked out of the bathroom drying his hair in the process, after a torrid day at work. The N.A.T.U headquarters was attacked by terrorist and he has since been saddled with the responsibility of investigating the perpetrators of the act.
Now, the N.A.T.U and FBI have kind of been brought together to be one agency and he was particularly happy because he would get a more reduced workload.
"I should call Christina." He thought.
He dropped the phone he was holding beside his second phone which vibrated almost immediately. A new message displayed on the screen.
FROM DANNY LOVATO. his heart skipped a beat as he made to read the message.

--to be continued--

Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Lilyomi(f): 2:08am On Jun 27, 2015
So lovato has Mark's number? Kim Kim. I'm team Kim. No divorce no matter wat! I think ii c a more united Tina n Chris. D9ty7 gud job.
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by shankies215(f): 5:22am On Jun 27, 2015
Who is dat guy? Tony? I dey suspect d guy
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by sammyomotola: 6:56am On Jun 27, 2015
Dis is war, wat dis danny want 4m mark now, bro dee ride on jare
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 7:09am On Jun 27, 2015
--continuation--
The time was 7:30am and Tina just finished dressing up for the day's work. She walked into the living room where Chris was disconnecting his video game from the television and putting it in a bag, as well as arranging his game discs into the disc case.
"Are you set?" She asked as she grabbed her handbag, as well as a travelling bag.
Just that moment, Chris decided to go numb and he stopped whatever he was doing before his mother came in. He left his hand hanging as he stared into space.
"Chris." Tina called.
She shook her head in anger. "Chris!" She called, this time with a high pitched angry tone, but Chris remain unperturbed. This act of his forced Tina to move closer to him fearfully thinking Chris has been electrocuted, but after tapping him four to five times, the little boy blinked and cleared his throat.
She heaved a sigh of relieve. "What happened to you?" She asked.
Chris zipped his bag, hung it accross his shoulder. "I was in the spirit."
"And?" Tina asked playfully.
"The spirit sends their greeting. They said, I will be getting a younger sister soon." With this, Chris grabbed his schoolbag which was on a couch nearby and ran out of the house.
The only topic his mother hate discussing and at the same time loved discussing was the issue of having another child. Everytime Christopher says something about having a younger sister, his mother will take out time to explain to him the reason why he can not have a kid sister. And today was one of such days, only that he wasn't in the mood for lengthy talks.
Five minutes into their journey, Chris switched on the car radio and searched for a music station and almost immediately, the radio went silent. He gave his mother a pained stare, but it did nothing to soften his mother's heart.
"Won't you talk to me?" Tina asked. "You would rather listen to the radio. The presenters who don't know you."
"What's the essence of this?" Chris asked moments later.
"Essence of what?" Tina replied.
"Just yesterday you were promising heaven and earth. You said you will always be there for me, and overnight, you concluded that nothing can be good for me except I move to live with Grandma and Grandpa. Is that how to be there for me?"
"Don't you talk to me like that. I am your mother and I know what is good for you. I can't leave you alone at home, your school is on break for the next two weeks when your exam starts, and I can't take to work, to avoid a repeat of what happened yesterday. The best thing is to take you to a relative where I am confident of your safety."
"Then take me to Uncle Mayor." Chris snapped.
"No, I can't." Tina replied.
"Why?"
"Mayor is a bachelor, he lives with a couple of guys who drinks and smokes. Such environment is not good for you. Mayor has no idea of how to bring up a child or creating an environment for a growing child." Tina explained.
"Then why Grandma's place and not anywhere else?"
"These are my parents. They are the only family I can point at after Mayor." Tina replied.
"Can't I go to my father's house?"
"What?" Tina matched the break suddenly bringing the car to a sudden stop, which earned her curses from other motorists.
"Assuming I know my father or you are in good terms with him, I would have gone there and spend the two weeks getting to know him. Not like Grandma's place in Lekki where all those rich spoilt kids live."
Tina stared at her son coldly.
"I know that look mum, did I say anything hurtful? Are you angry?" He asked.
Tina ignored his question and swung the car back to the road.
"And I don't like how grandpa treats you. You obviously don't have a good relationship with grandpa. He looks at you as if..... I don't know."
Tina smiled, even though, deep down, she was hurt.

--to be continued--

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (112) (Reply)

"Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi / An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) / [story] My Life As A Yahoo Boy

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113