Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,114 members, 7,835,757 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:29 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 - Travel (103) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (896551 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) ... (333) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by dere5: 8:37am On May 13, 2015
MadameU:
@tvegas, and Anyone willing to sow or sell a baby crib abeg holla! I need one desperately. I go pay. My baby loves to sleep on her own,seat on her own and watch everything going on in the world, she's outgrown her bassinet cos the babe tall. It so happens I though I would not need a crib, bought n shipped almost everything else, diapers, wipes, formular, clothes, toys, walker, potty, baby car et al....
I advice everyone who can please buy all your supplies n ship via sea freight. (used a shipper in Newark got my stuff in 25days) PM for their contact anyone interested. Thanks

I have a shipper in New York that i have been using for like 10yrs now and on a good day they take like 3wks to airfreight to Lagos,so this your shipper that does sea freight to lagos in 20days is God sent. Pls i am very very intrested in them o. I have sent you a PM,pls reply with their details.Thanks

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Marylandmama: 8:53am On May 13, 2015
[color=#006600][/color]
demiiii:
Hello nairalanders,
I gave birth a week ago at laurel.

Maryland mums, can any1 give me info on the process of gettn a birth cert. For thr newborn, when d dad isn not in d us.
I was given an affidavit form to be filled by both parents at d hosp.

Sm1 pls help me urgently

Hello demiiii,

I used Howard County hospital in maryland and I was given a form to fill for the baby's birth certificate. My hubby was not around then so I filled it alone. I wasnt given any affidavit form to fill.l then went to the dept of vital statistics in baltimore after a week of giving birth to pick up the birth cert at $24 pee copy. My hubby was around wen I applied for the American passport, so didn't have to use the notarized consent letter. You can PM me if u need more info.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by bbaby84(f): 9:26am On May 13, 2015
nefertitiram:

In years? I've been in and out of US 3 times in 2yrs, ds is the 4th time. I always get a card on the flight, even when I have nothing to declare.

How did you declare your food items? Because that's where you declare stuff you have.

@nerf I think you've mixed it up. I haven't received a card in the last two years either. The last time I received was in 2011 when I went to have my son. The nothing to declare card is not an i94 it's just agricultural control/ landing card
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by tbaby2015: 9:31am On May 13, 2015
Morning folks,

Please anyone with info, tip, access or help on accommodation, preferably shared apartments or single rooms, around Northwest Houston Medical, please hel a sister out. Mamas that have used d hospital and other hospitals in houston, ur help would be highly appreciated. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ozycy: 10:05am On May 13, 2015
Pls, I need more info on Houston northwest medical center, much have not been said about it except for hospital and doctors price. I think its only Oresmum dat Hv actually used the hospital but didn't give all the details. @ Oresmum, pls come and give us your cost breakdown and how their overall services were. Anybody using the hospital now and Dr Glenn Morgan, am counting on you.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Mum2bee: 10:34am On May 13, 2015
abcv657:
Good day all...it's been a while since I posted here before the tsunami... Had my baby in naijja over seven months ago (story for another day) one thing I ovserved thou is they try n keep u long enough before cs is the option I was d one that ended up shouting for it after 10hrs at 2cm....

Anyways re baby cot n car seat my infant has been sleeping in her own cot since day one even when the grandparents came I made sure they let her sleep on her cot so it works for me too...

I actually got a really good wooden cot in naijja n the price was extremely reasonsable so I guess u find wat u look for ...,

Hi, Pls how and where did you get this cot. Im interested.

Hook a sister up.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ozzy2: 12:01pm On May 13, 2015
Hello all, pls for all d mothers in d house, a cousin of mine was convinced by some Nigerian based usa mother to register in woman, infants, and children nutrition services usually called WIC in usa and she has since been receiving free baby formula and cereals. kindly advise on d implications of dis.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 12:08pm On May 13, 2015
bbaby84:

@nerf I think you've mixed it up. I haven't received a card in the last two years either. The last time I received was in 2011 when I went to have my son. The nothing to declare card is not an i94 it's just agricultural control/ landing card

Yup, shelly23 cleared that up. Hwz you doing?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Ucheokotie: 12:17pm On May 13, 2015
Please who has used MIHS letter of appointment with the financial counselloer and thier contract page for visa interview at the emabssy??

Thanks as you respond
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by dittobaby: 12:26pm On May 13, 2015
Goldenheart88:

Yes I had my toddler on my laps and my hand luggage in between my legs resting on the foot pedal of the wheel chair. Yes the porter waits for you to finish everything including luggage claim, and till u catch your ride. Just prepare your tip for the porter. And yes, he will be the only one attending to u. You can't get two porters.

So how did you transfer your checked in luggage from luggage claim to your car.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by MadameU: 12:56pm On May 13, 2015
cool[quote author=dittobaby post=33671263]

Haven't gotten any solid answer to my questions yet.

In my last trip to London the porter, at Heathrow airport, who pushed my wheelchair was very upset when I put my almost 2yrs old son on my lap so that my husby could comfortably push the luggage. I tried pleading with him but he explained that if he allows me and my son falls off he could lose his job. Since then I have been wandering what if I had traveled alone with my son.

In the next few weeks, God willing, I will be traveling with my son and my mum. My mum will also be on a wheelchair because of the arthritis on her leg. So who would carry my son and push the trolley?

To be on the safe side, I think I'll just book for a wheelchair for my son and hope that another porter would handle the luggage.
Hmm what a sight we would be! shocked grin

Sweetheart jeje call the airline, request extra help/ assistance and mention you have a toddler in hand and cajole them to give you, your mum and kid a ride to your supposed gate with those airport toyish looking cars. In many airports you are not allowed to carry a toddler on lap on a wheelchair but they can always call the airport officials with those vehicles to help commuters and their belongings

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by lekiks: 12:56pm On May 13, 2015
Ucheokotie:
Please who has used MIHS letter of appointment with the financial counselloer and thier contract page for visa interview at the emabssy??

Thanks as you respond

I have ,but in June 2014 , dunno if my experience is outdated. but i got the visa sha

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by DeeandGLady: 1:13pm On May 13, 2015
modath:
@Newmum15,
Howdy? Permit me to chip in something, I saw where you stated that the crib you are eyeing is 125lb(56kg+) which is heavier than a full bag of rice/cement.

@Dee&G lady,
Kindly take your place in the heroine hall of fame & where do you want your Nobel peace prize delivered? smiley

Anywhere my dear, but it was all God and I give him the praise.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by dittobaby: 1:17pm On May 13, 2015
MadameU:
cool

That's true. I've actually been picked up in one of those airport rides. I'll have to find out how arrangements are made for them. It's more sensible than everyone on a wheelchair. Thanks.

Please anyone in the house with experience on using airport shuttles?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by DeeandGLady: 1:41pm On May 13, 2015
Tvegas:
@Newmum2015 and other mums thinking about shipping stuffs from the US. Here is my experience and advice.

1. Think well before shipping baby cribs because the chance of your baby using it is 50/50. My boy insists on staying beside the mum on the bed. At this rate I can sell you the Graco we bought , because we have never used it..grin

2. Be careful with electronic products from the US. The Avent sterilizer I bought packed up within a month. We had to buy another system. The TV we shipped is yet to pack up but The expensive stepdown we bought to safeguard all of them is already burnt.

3. Baby liquid soap and other heavy liquids can be bought locally,its not worth the extra shipping cost. We paid Delta extra $200 and it was money wrongly spent.

Important things to ship

1. Baby foods. Similac, gerber and enfamil are very expensive in Nija. You can ship what your baby will eat for the first 6 months or 1 year if possible.

2. Baby clothes and wears can also be bought. Buy more of age 3 months and above. 0 to 3 months become useless quickly. He also got lots of that as gift.

In summary,you can source good products locally,its not all items that is worth shipping. Congrats for all the successful visas and POE stories. One love.

Tvegas Baba, Thanks for your advise Oooo always on point, I always look out for your post makes sense, TVEGAS FOR PRESIDENT grin

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by HotChoco2(f): 2:06pm On May 13, 2015
Hello House,

Pls who has info on any 2-bed apartment accommodation around Oakbend for between July and September?

Pls hook your girl up o!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by DeeandGLady: 2:13pm On May 13, 2015
dittobaby:

Tvegas, Tvegas. I envy your wife o. You did all the birthing logistics and you've participated and still participating actively on this thread, You've been a very good consultant to many mums here giving advice on almost any topic. Now from this post you have really impressed me cas it's obvious you are helping your wife with nursing the baby. You even know the names of different baby foods, Avent sterilizer, baby liquid soap, etc. Na wa o!

My husby doesn't know jack about anything baby except of course on how to make them. He was always precise on my ovulation date as if he receives inspiration. This American project is entirely mine and all he's doing is coming to join us towards our departure to bring 'his' baby back to Nija. Well, I still love him to death. He is actually good in so many other things. Kudus to you anyway, I'm not just used to a man being so motherly. Or are you transgender? wink grin

@dittobaby No be small thing, Tvegas na serious consultant, His advice...great great. My husband na chief planner but nothing concern am with baby food names. I must confess too I just wrote down the names of food Tvegas mentioned and I am checking them out. I dey learn from a man,hmmmm. How nice.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by zeezahbee(f): 2:40pm On May 13, 2015
ozzy2:
Hello all, pls for all d mothers in d house, a cousin of mine was convinced by some Nigerian based usa mother to register in woman, infants, and children nutrition services usually called WIC in usa and she has since been receiving free baby formula and cereals. kindly advise on d implications of dis.
It's still related to Medicaid.WIC or food stamps are given to people with low income in USA and it's government funded. Beware. Those things are for citizens

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by tbaby2015: 2:51pm On May 13, 2015
tbaby2015:
Morning folks,

Please anyone with info, tip, access or help on accommodation, preferably shared apartments or single rooms, around Northwest Houston Medical, please hel a sister out. Mamas that have used d hospital and other hospitals in houston, ur help would be highly appreciated. Thanks

Una biko oo. Help ur sister oo
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by MadameU: 3:24pm On May 13, 2015
@dittobaby No be small thing, Tvegas na serious consultant, His advice...great great. My husband na chief planner but nothing concern am with baby food names. I must confess too I just wrote down the names of food Tvegas mentioned and I am checking them out. I dey learn from a man,hmmmm. How nice.

Abeg make una pay Tvegas for him work. Just a lil word in addition Ensure your baby agrees with the formula you intend to stock up on esp if you live in Abuja.....
Remember stuffs like baby seats,walkers, rockers, toys, musicals, character plates & cutlery, wipes, diapers, pullups, little swimmers diapers, beddings, shoes and clothes from 0 to 24months, hair pieces, lunch bag and water bottle.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Tvegas(m): 3:50pm On May 13, 2015
You people should stop calling my name already. If you truly appreciate me put something in my bank account,no be by mouth . grin
Next POE ,Birthing and Visa testimony plsssss? Shipping Topic is hereby closedgrin

8 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by 0yin: 4:00pm On May 13, 2015
Tvegas:
You people should stop calling my name already. If you truly appreciate me put something in my bank account,no be by mouth . grin
Next POE ,Birthing and Visa testimony plsssss? Shipping Topic is hereby closedgrin

Please its not closed o!!

I've not gotten any response on ATLANTA...Newmum2015 are you with me on this??
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 4:25pm On May 13, 2015
0yin:

Please its not closed o!!

I've not gotten any response on ATLANTA...Newmum2015 are you with me on this??
hello oyin I think corporate messengers are. Really effective they bring my stuff to my door step from the uk and also when I order stuff from the u.s they bring it for me I mean to my house, I think you should contact their Lagos office in oregun or look them up on the internet
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by sucre26: 4:27pm On May 13, 2015
Please o. I also need a shipper in Baltimore, Maryland. Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by 0yin: 4:45pm On May 13, 2015
chloe7:
hello oyin I think corporate messengers are. Really effective they bring my stuff to my door step from the uk and also when I order stuff from the u.s they bring it for me I mean to my house, I think you should contact their Lagos office in oregun or look them up on the internet

Thanks..Newmum2015 you roger that? lool

You can reach their ATL branch on +1 770 909 7880. Please let me know if you eventually use them. Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by darellone: 4:52pm On May 13, 2015
Tvegas:

Seconded........

New thread should b launched for this Shipping Topic ooooooooo. Lets focus on Airliners that favours Preggy, POE, Birthing and VISA.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ozycy: 4:53pm On May 13, 2015
HotChoco2:
Hello House,

Pls who has info on any 2-bed apartment accommodation around Oakbend for between July and September?

Pls hook your girl up o!
if you get any, I will take over from you from September cheesy. See space booking. wink

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by stlov: 9:26pm On May 13, 2015
HotChoco2:
Hello House,

Pls who has info on any 2-bed apartment accommodation around Oakbend for between July and September
Pls hook your girl up o!
Am using oak bend too. Dr fagbohun suggested that i stay at precious cedars. U can Google it up. I think they have two bed apartment.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ozycy: 10:09pm On May 13, 2015
stlov:
Am using oak bend too. Dr fagbohun suggested that i stay at precious cedars. U can Google it up. I think they have two bed apartment.
have any body here used this apartment? Pls come and give us review. Pls somebody should pm me for soulcar and pamperedstay review, Dis accommodation issue is giving me serious headache sef. I think I need something cheaper.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by dere5: 10:25pm On May 13, 2015
Pls anyone with the other agents number for Nigerian visa in Atlanta should pls post it,i have been calling Tanko without luck

(1) (2) (3) ... (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) ... (333)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / Polish Student Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.