Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,945 members, 7,814,204 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:00 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 - Travel (104) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (892262 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) ... (333) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by emeldamicheals: 10:59pm On May 13, 2015
Please, can someone assist me with this question asap. Can a nigerian travel to the US with a passport about to expire. The passport will expire in july. Can the person travel in june and stay for 3 weeks and come back before the 6th of july when the passport expires or does the person need to wait until after expiration of passport to renew it before travelling. I don't know if the whole 6 months validity of passport beyond intended stay applies to nigerians travelling to US. Anyone with experience..
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by MadameU: 11:29pm On May 13, 2015
[quote author=0yin post=33701527]

Please its not closed o!!

I've not gotten any response on ATLANTA...Newmum2015 are you with me on this??

I responded earlier for d ATL shipper, cargo wise LLC and posted his contact.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Newmum15: 12:22am On May 14, 2015
0yin:

Thanks..Newmum2015 you roger that? lool

You can reach their ATL branch on +1 770 909 7880. Please let me know if you eventually use them. Thanks.
Hey dear,Hmmm I've been doing research all day and I've gotten a store where they sell all these things at very affordable rates in Abuja.Infact my husband already got them today.You can check some online store in Nigeria,like Kaymu.The stuff you order are pay on delivery,so if you order and you don't like,you can always return them.Hope you find this helpful.As for the store in Abuja,their office is located in Garki and their website is dispikin.com.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Newmum15: 12:25am On May 14, 2015
darellone:

Seconded........

New thread should b launched for this Shipping Topic ooooooooo. Lets focus on Airliners that favours Preggy, POE, Birthing and VISA.
You really can't say one POE works better for pregnant women than the other.All it takes is just the grace of God and be properly prepared.What works for me might not work for another person.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Faree28: 1:10am On May 14, 2015
Onegai:
Hi. Please is there anyone in LA right now? I'd like to meet up perhaps. Thanks.

Btw Virgin Atlantic requires a form to be filled by your doctor before you fly and I think after 34-36 weeks they won't carry you.

Hi. Where exactly are you?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by oluwafunkenny: 2:16am On May 14, 2015
Dear Dere5,
Atlanta. Mum looking for agent for Nigerian visa? Am I missing something? Will it not be better to process Nigerian passport once and for all and close your eyes. Why defacing the blue pali with handwritten visa when you arre close to Nigerian embassy?

Please enlighten me if am wrong? I stand to be corrected ma

dere5:
Pls anyone with the other agents number for Nigerian visa in Atlanta should pls post it,i have been calling Tanko without luck

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by akindolz(f): 2:50am On May 14, 2015
Please the fit to fly certificate, am I to get it from my doctor or from d health port at d airport? Does it v a specific format? Also am I to back date it or Wat? I am due to travel in 2 weeks.

Tvegas:
You people should stop calling my name already. If you truly appreciate me put something in my bank account,no be by mouth . grin
Next POE ,Birthing and Visa testimony plsssss? Shipping Topic is hereby closedgrin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by segbas(m): 3:23am On May 14, 2015
Your passport must be at least 6 month to its expirarion day. You can renew ur passport before travelling you will just have to go with the new and old passport.

emeldamicheals:
Please, can someone assist me with this question asap. Can a nigerian travel to the US with a passport about to expire. The passport will expire in july. Can the person travel in june and stay for 3 weeks and come back before the 6th of july when the passport expires or does the person need to wait until after expiration of passport to renew it before travelling. I don't know if the whole 6 months validity of passport beyond intended stay applies to nigerians travelling to US. Anyone with experience..
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Onegai(f): 3:32am On May 14, 2015
Faree28:

Hi. Where exactly are you?

Hello, an hour out of LA.

I'm trying not to buy any electronics from the US, I'm getting it from the UK. I got a crib from IKEA (they have durable stuff and are a lot cheaper than GRACO and brands targeting babies). Onesies from Gerber and Mothercare are really good. I am buying absolutley no coloured clothing for boy or girl, neither am I buying a toy except an activity gym, I will buy a few books secondhand. Some babies like Bouncy seats, others hate being strapped in. I'm looking for a Moses basket second-hand and a diaper bag (I've done some research and some brands have gotten good reviews for being durable).

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Mimikreationz: 4:19am On May 14, 2015
Hi Nairalanders, I am currently in Houston using Houston Northwest medical centre. just got a 2 bedroom apartment after all the hustles n bustles. if u are around between may and august pls contact me at akwana4@gmail.com to share a 2 bedroom. Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 5:33am On May 14, 2015
oluwafunkenny:
Dear Dere5,
Atlanta. Mum looking for agent for Nigerian visa? Am I missing something? Will it not be better to process Nigerian passport once and for all and close your eyes. Why defacing the blue pali with handwritten visa when you arre close to Nigerian embassy?

just what I was going to write.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by kizluv(f): 6:36am On May 14, 2015
To God be the glory, our quest is finally over, i want to apologize to all those who sent me PM'S and didn't get any reply, my toddler and infant no gree me, I got back home with almost 100 unread messages Important messages and rubbish. The story about MoBap hasn't changed you may get a bill for physician fee for your baby, just make them understand you paid for the package and make sure they make your balance zero.
Sometimes being to sharp doesn't pay, I went with the notarized consent form from Nigeria and when I was submitting it I forgot to put my daughter's DOB. Husband had to use DHL priority mail from Nigeria to send it to us. Cost us 16k to notarize and send, then 125 dollars each to change ticket for me and my son, If you don't get your passport in 1 week, start calling the passport agency.
we are back home in 1 piece , all thanks to God who gave me the strength to carry an infant and a toddler on a 29 hours journey *phew*

10 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by kizluv(f): 6:38am On May 14, 2015
chloe7:
just what I was going to write.
Lol, but guess what? My visa wasn't had written, I was surprised when I opened the passport and saw it..
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by iolite88(f): 7:11am On May 14, 2015
If you find any pls keep me posted I can take over from you in November lol. This na real space booking.

ozycy:
if you get any, I will take over from you from September cheesy. See space booking. wink

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by segbas(m): 7:50am On May 14, 2015
@Justwise @Tevagas and all

Please My brother Nigerian passport was issued at Nigerian Embassy in Abu Dahbi, UAE,
he is filling US Visa form, he just called me now, that he was asked for the Authority/Country that issued his passport in DS-160.

please what should he fill there.

is it Nigeria for Authority or UAE?

I know the city will be Abu Dhabi,

Please assist oooo, is very urgent, I had just told him to hold on a little.

Thanks all.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Whites: 8:16am On May 14, 2015
segbas:

Please My brother Nigerian passport was issued at Nigerian Embassy in Abu Dahbi, UAE,
he is filling US Visa form, he just called me now, that he was asked for the Authority/Country that issued his passport in DS-160.

Thanks all.

It's a Nigerian passport, so obviously the issuing country/authority is Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:24am On May 14, 2015
segbas:

Thanks all.

Nigeria is the issuing authority.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by segbas(m): 8:25am On May 14, 2015
thanks

justwise:

Nigeria is the issuing authority.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by segbas(m): 8:25am On May 14, 2015
thanks.
Whites:

It's a Nigerian passport, so obviously the issuing country/authority is Nigeria.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:27am On May 14, 2015
segbas:
thanks

No worries
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Marisley(f): 8:30am On May 14, 2015
segbas:
Thanks all.

There is a place in the biodata page of his passport with Authority/Autorite. Whatever that is writen under it should be what he fills in his form.

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by segbas(m): 8:34am On May 14, 2015
I will asked him to check it now and even scan to me.
thanks.

Marisley:

There is a place in the biodata page of his passport with Authority/Autorite. Whatever that is writen under it should be what he fills in his form.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Tvegas(m): 8:41am On May 14, 2015
segbas:
I will asked him to check it now and even scan to me.thanks.

The issuing authority is Nigeria.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Tvegas(m): 8:43am On May 14, 2015
akindolz:
Please the fit to fly certificate, am I to get it from my doctor or from d health port at d airport? Does it v a specific format? Also am I to back date it or Wat? I am due to travel in 2 weeks.

You will get the fit to fly letter from your doctor or hospital. Most of them already know what to write in it.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:48am On May 14, 2015
Marisley:

Nigerian passport can not be issued by any other authority other than Nigerian govt.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by segbas(m): 8:49am On May 14, 2015
thanks broda,
Tvegas:

The issuing authority is Nigeria.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by segbas(m): 8:51am On May 14, 2015
Authority is Nigeria
Place of issue is Abu Dhabi

should I ask him to fill in the above?
Thanks.

justwise:

Nigerian passport can not be issued by any other authority other than Nigerian govt.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:52am On May 14, 2015
segbas:
Authority is Nigeria
Place of issue is Abu Dhabi

should I ask him to fill in the above?
Thanks.

That is exactly the case.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by segbas(m): 8:56am On May 14, 2015
thank you

justwise:

That is exactly the case.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by dere5: 10:46am On May 14, 2015
oluwafunkenny:
Dear Dere5,

The person i am getting the number for is not in Atlanta and it has been discussed here that it is easier to get the 9ja visa than the 9ja passport
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by toparie: 10:53am On May 14, 2015
Bsharon:
Hello NL,
In the spirit of giving back,I left naija on Thursday flew Delta airline to houston

POE was Atlanta,Favour all the way. Will give load down later grin .

settled down at soul care accommodation,had my doctor appointment today at methodist hospital sugarland, with Dr Amajoh Zee

Hi BSharon, is Methodist sugarland same as houston methodist sugarland? Would you mind sharing the total cost for everything and contact details for doctor and hospital... Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by dere5: 10:54am On May 14, 2015
emeldamicheals:

(1) (2) (3) ... (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) ... (333)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Polish Student Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.