Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,077 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:37 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 - Travel (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (892723 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (333) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by PrinceAdeAde: 8:57am On Mar 10, 2015
Hello All,

My wife and boy got back yesterday. New learning points to share
1. Buy round trip for baby ticket: Delta quoted about $465 for one way and just $135 for round trip so she sharply tongue purchased the round trip
2. E no easy to travel without support: just stressing this as a lot of mothers have already put in a word on this so you may just want to plan your spouse come arnd and travel back with you
3. DELTA AIRLINE Customer service SULKS: Wifey was extremely mad about their treatment, She requested for wheelchair assistance for instance and only got it in lag, they totally ignored her on the US leg and other stuffs they did. the only issue is that they and united are the only carriers to offer direct flight to US. Gulf carriers are excellent in customer service,emirates is my personal flying favorite

Take kia all as you may be seeing me less here but wld sure keep checking to see how to help my next American parent.

For those planning to give birth in oakbend, tvegas summary nailed all the details you could ever need

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by IyawoToBe(f): 9:01am On Mar 10, 2015
PrinceAdeAde:
Hello All,

My wife and boy got back yesterday. New learning points to share
1. Buy round trip for baby ticket: Delta quoted about $465 for one way and just $135 for round trip so she sharply tongue purchased the round trip
2. E no easy to travel without support: just stressing this as a lot of mothers have already put in a word on this so you may just want to plan your spouse come arnd and travel back with you
3. DELTA AIRLINE Customer service SULKS: Wifey was extremely mad about their treatment, She requested for wheelchair assistance for instance and only got it in lag, they totally ignored her on the US leg and other stuffs they did. the only issue is that they and united are the only carriers to offer direct flight to US. Gulf carriers are excellent in customer service,emirates is my personal flying favorite

Take kia all as you may be seeing me less here but wld sure keep checking to see how to help my next American parent.

For those planning to give birth in oakbend, tvegas summary nailed all the details you could ever need
Awwwwwww kiss Congratulations princeAdeade. Hope to see you back here in 6months grin

Did delta provide a bassinet for wify?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shadetwins: 9:05am On Mar 10, 2015
sayoberry:

No they were full term. 37 weeks 6days and their birth weight was fine. 2.7kg and 2.5kg.

Awws congrats girl! kudos to you.. it aint easy
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by segbas(m): 9:11am On Mar 10, 2015
@PrinceAdeAde

You can call DELTA to keep your child return ticket open so that it will save you money whenever he/she want to travel to US.
Congratulation. God Bless Your Home. Amen.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by sayoberry(f): 9:32am On Mar 10, 2015
For mums having their babies at oakbend medical center... Pls when a nurse comes to your room after you've had Ur baby and ask "should I give you anything for pain (pain meds)" abeg.. Never say No even if u don't feel pain. Esp for the C.S people. I was forming macho in the hospital cos of excitement of twins, plus I dint even feel the pain much cos of the spinal I had. But I was in pains, but each time they asked if I wanted the pain meds I would say no, I'm fine. They must have asked me up to 30 times btw wed and friday. Na Friday night I no say coke Na black and fanta Na yellow. I was d one now begging them to bring the pain meds grin which I used till the last minute o left d Hosp.
Dazall

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Luckychild2015: 9:34am On Mar 10, 2015
Hello house, I will like to share my POE experience. I eventually changed the #1m into Dollars @ black market rate of #225 sad
I flew Iberia to Newyork, it was lovely I didn't expect it to. Had 7hrs stop over in Madrid. I used da fast track lane in Lagos, it was VIP treatment all da way grin
I arrived in Newyork 4:20pm US time yesterday.

Cbp: why are u here?
Me: Vacation and Child birth.
CBP: What do u do back home?
Me: Business woman
CBP: will ur husband join u later?
Me: Yes
CBP: How long are u staying?
Me: Told him
CBP: Have a safe delivery. He stamps me in for 6 months.

No secondary inspection.
He didnt ask how much I had on me. I for just no change da #1m oooo cry

I want to say a big thank u to everyone in this forum, u guys rock. God bless u all.

11 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Arisbel(f): 9:53am On Mar 10, 2015
sayoberry:
For mums having their babies at oakbend medical center... Pls when a nurse comes to your room after you've had Ur baby and ask "should I give you anything for pain (pain meds)" abeg.. Never say No even if u don't feel pain. Esp for the C.S people. I was forming macho in the hospital cos of excitement of twins, plus I dint even feel the pain much cos of the spinal I had. But I was in pains, but each time they asked if I wanted the pain meds I would say no, I'm fine. They must have asked me up to 30 times btw wed and friday. Na Friday night I no say coke Na black and fanta Na yellow. I was d one now begging them to bring the pain meds grin which I used till the last minute o left d Hosp.
Dazall

Sorry Mummy twins, I can imagine the pain and that is why I don't want to have CS again. Take care and thank God your MIL got her visa. Congrats to all new Mums, those that got visa and successful experience at POE.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by sugah: 10:02am On Mar 10, 2015
Luckychild2015:
Hello house, I will like to share my POE experience. I eventually changed the #1m into Dollars @ black market rate of #225 sad
I flew Iberia to Newyork, it was lovely I didn't expect it to. Had 7hrs stop over in Madrid. I used da fast track lane in Lagos, it was VIP treatment all da way grin

No secondary inspection.

I want to say a big thank u to everyone in this forum, u guys rock. God bless u all.

Congrats on your POE story.
Just curious, what were you planning to do with the 1M naira in the US? Use it for decoration? Unfortunately, the naira is not a recognised legal tender in the US....you for just use the money sew cloth for your baby grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Luckychild2015: 10:26am On Mar 10, 2015
sugah:

Congrats on your POE story.
Just curious, what were you planning to do with the 1M naira in the US? Use it for decoration? Unfortunately, the naira is not a recognised legal tender in the US....you for just use the money sew cloth for your baby grin

Lol @ sew Clothes. I just wanted to proof I had the cash. Cos the black mkt rate is so high. And I couldn't get my bank statement printed cos I was thinking I would get PTA on my husband's account. Eventually, time ran out for me to get my bank statement printed.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Gracydee(f): 10:44am On Mar 10, 2015
@Sayoberry, congrats on the birth of your bundles of joy...God will bless them for you...

@ kizluv, abeg i never see the list of tests you promised me o. sent you a pm though

@ Adiahabasi, please can you give me details of the extended stay accommodation.........me sef dey consider that hospital..abeg help a sister. sent you a PM too

@ Congrats to all with successful visa and Poe stories.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by SAkale: 11:05am On Mar 10, 2015
Dear All,

I have narrowed down my choice to 1, West Houston Medical and I am using Dr. Magdy Rizk, MD,he is slightly more expensive than EL PASO folk but when i calculated the entire expense and factored in proximity for shuttle, accommodation, flight accessibility et al it seemed better. I am also applying for a B2 visa medical/tourism. i am just applying for my visa so pls ANY LAST MINUTE ADVICE before i hit send? I am due in June, to travel in May.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Popri(f): 11:21am On Mar 10, 2015
Luckychild2015:

No secondary inspection.

Congratulations on your successful entry, wish you safe delivery.
Pls was it JFK you used?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shelly23: 11:50am On Mar 10, 2015
Congrats on your twins! You're a strong woman sha cos my one baby weighed 2.7kg like one of your twins. I can't imagine carrying 2 of them.
Not sure why you were forming macho o! And for 3 days forthat matter! I had a CS too and experience has taught me to not play aorund with that pain. My body was in complete shut down mode for those 3 days I was in the hospital.

sayoberry:
Dazall
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by SAkale: 12:02pm On Mar 10, 2015
SAkale:
Dear All,

I have narrowed down my choice to 1, West Houston Medical and I am using Dr. Magdy Rizk, MD,he is slightly more expensive than EL PASO folk but when i calculated the entire expense and factored in proximity for shuttle, accommodation, flight accessibility et al it seemed better. I am also applying for a B2 visa medical/tourism. i am just applying for my visa so pls ANY LAST MINUTE ADVICE before i hit send? I am due in June, to travel in May.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by IyawoToBe(f): 12:38pm On Mar 10, 2015
segbas:
@PrinceAdeAde

You can call DELTA to keep your child return ticket open so that it will save you money whenever he/she want to travel to US.
Hello segbas, is a ticket not valid for only one year? How does one keep it open?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by segbas(m): 12:51pm On Mar 10, 2015
Since you bought RETURN ticket and you used just one way out of it, Call the Airline to keep the date open for you, so when next you are traveling to state you can just asked them to fix it and you will pay less. Try and call the airline office and explain to them.

IyawoToBe:
Hello segbas, is a ticket not valid for only one here? How does one keep it open?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by OMary83: 12:52pm On Mar 10, 2015
[quote author=segbas post=31478304]@PrinceAdeAde

Doesn't make sense calling delta when he bought d ticket at 135usd because it would cost him 120usd to reschedule d ticket whenever he wants to travel.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by segbas(m): 12:53pm On Mar 10, 2015
ohh, there is no need then if is not free to reschedule it.
better to leave it like that.

[quote author=OMary83 post=31484983][/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shamecurls(m): 1:34pm On Mar 10, 2015
kizluv:

While waiting for her response, Check Tvegas post, he already outlined the step by step approach to getting documents.

Thanks a lot, your referal was really helpful.

Does anyone have Tanko or Eddy's contact details or anyone else who can help with nigerian visa
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by PrinceAdeAde: 2:04pm On Mar 10, 2015
segbas:
Since you bought RETURN ticket and you used just one way out of it, Call the Airline to keep the date open for you, so when next you are traveling to state you can just asked them to fix it and you will pay less. Try and call the airline office and explain to them.

When I called the airline office in Nigeria last month, they advised i buy a return ticket and get a refund for the other leg once in nigeria. this was before the saga of the huge one way price tag. Wld call them to know if they can refund buts if the wahala is too much, then its not worth it for abt $70 return in value

Delta did not allow wifey use bassinet even though there was two bassinet on board and she was the only one with infant on board. i had to reschedule her flight forward coz her initial ticket was to return on 20th where she had a bassinet seat of 17A but when i rescehduled, the best she could get was 17D as other seats were taken. the hostess no gree allow her use bassinet say she no dey seated on the bassinet seats though I dont hold them too much on this coz its process and i respect processes but on the other hand, she was on the same row,same economy comfort and basinets were totally free. A customer centric organization would find a way around it as they upgrade people in fligth etc

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by segbas(m): 2:15pm On Mar 10, 2015
You can try to call them, at least $70 buys Diapers Lol...... try and call them, I remember the last time I ask for refund from Emirate, I did it online and the money was credited into my account after 2 weeks or so. If Delta have the same online process, you give it a trial

about the basinet, the hostess is heartless....

[quote author=PrinceAdeAde post=31487004]

When I called the airline office in Nigeria last month, they advised i buy a return ticket and get a refund for the other leg once in nigeria. this was before the saga of the huge one way price tag. Wld call them to know if they can refund buts if the wahala is too much, then its not worth it for abt $70 return in value
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by tbaby2015: 2:27pm On Mar 10, 2015
shamecurls:

Thanks a lot, your referal was really helpful.

Does anyone have Tanko or Eddy's contact details or anyone else who can help with nigerian visa

sent u a PM. reply so can send you Edwin's no.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by babyspice: 2:34pm On Mar 10, 2015
US carriers are notorious for being very customer unfriendly!!! Won't fly them if i have a choice!
PrinceAdeAde:

Delta did not allow wifey use bassinet even though there was two bassinet on board and she was the only one with infant on board. i had to reschedule her flight forward coz her initial ticket was to return on 20th where she had a bassinet seat of 17A but when i rescehduled, the best she could get was 17D as other seats were taken. the hostess no gree allow her use bassinet say she no dey seated on the bassinet seats though I dont hold them too much on this coz its process and i respect processes but on the other hand, she was on the same row,same economy comfort and basinets were totally free. A customer centric organization would find a way around it as they upgrade people in fligth etc

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by sugah: 3:11pm On Mar 10, 2015
Luckychild2015:

Lol @ sew Clothes. I just wanted to proof I had the cash. Cos the black mkt rate is so high. And I couldn't get my bank statement printed cos I was thinking I would get PTA on my husband's account. Eventually, time ran out for me to get my bank statement printed.

Noted. But i think the guys are more concerned if you can 'pay' your bills...not if you have cash on you. Cos that 1M would have done absolutely nothing for you in the US.

Anyways, good you finally changed to dollars. But 225naira to a dollar?!! Which way naija?

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Gb2014: 3:14pm On Mar 10, 2015
please i need an affordable hospital in Newyork and cost implications. help please

thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by sugah: 3:16pm On Mar 10, 2015
@princeAdeAde have you flown emirates to the US before? I heard when you do fly with them, they do the POE questioning in dubai and once you are stamped in at dubai you wouldn't do another interview upon arrival in the US
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by jukeblam(m): 3:33pm On Mar 10, 2015
sugah:
@princeAdeAde have you flown emirates to the US before? I heard when you do fly with them, they do the POE questioning in dubai and once you are stamped in at dubai you wouldn't do another interview upon arrival in the US

Permit me to answer you.
For Emirates, the POE questioning is done in the USA- at whatever US airport you enter via; you only get the declaration form onboard prior to landing.

(I think it is Etihad that's got that peculiar arrangement)
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by mumcshyn: 3:43pm On Mar 10, 2015
Hello E-fam just got a call from a friend that works with BA that are having there promo. i got a quote of $1010 for lagos to jfk for return ticket but unfortunately am buying one way which is expensive on BA. The promo ends on the 24th of this month

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shamecurls(m): 3:50pm On Mar 10, 2015
tbaby2015:

sent u a PM. reply so can send you Edwin's no.

Thanks!

Appreciate!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by zeezahbee(f): 3:51pm On Mar 10, 2015
segbas:
@PrinceAdeAde

lol, you can't keep the return ticket. Tickets are only Valid for 1 year
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by sugah: 3:57pm On Mar 10, 2015
@Jukeblam Etihad, noted! Thanks smiley
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Gb2014: 4:42pm On Mar 10, 2015
please someone should be kind enough to respond....please info on giving birth in New York please

God bless you smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (333)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Polish Student Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.