Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:13 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 - Travel (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (893826 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (333) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by maypra: 11:46am On Mar 11, 2015
I am planning to use him too. When are you travelling?

TeesMom:
Hello House,

some research i found.

Northwest Medical Center Houston Texas:
VD 2days 2000
CS 3days 3500
Epi VD 650
Epi CS 750
Forgot to ask what the drs fee for giving epi is.

Dr glenn morgan
Fee 2000 inclusive of all tests
his receptionist said 200 for some drs fee (i don forget - my child was making plenty noise and i was tired of saying ehn)
for each thime u r induced 200.

Has anyone used this hospital? would really like a feedback.

Any Sept/ Oct mums in the house?

Research continues........ also got some info for a hospital in chicago will post soon.

I hope im not crossing the line Mr Justwise.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:55am On Mar 11, 2015
@maypra

Please don't spam this section with any Dr's price quote .

Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by justwise(m): 12:00pm On Mar 11, 2015
TeesMom:
Hello House,

some research i found.

Northwest Medical Center Houston Texas:
VD 2days 2000
CS 3days 3500
Epi VD 650
Epi CS 750
Forgot to ask what the drs fee for giving epi is.

Dr glenn morgan
Fee 2000 inclusive of all tests
his receptionist said 200 for some drs fee (i don forget - my child was making plenty noise and i was tired of saying ehn)
for each thime u r induced 200.

Has anyone used this hospital? would really like a feedback.

Any Sept/ Oct mums in the house?

Research continues........ also got some info for a hospital in chicago will post soon.

I hope im not crossing the line Mr Justwise.
please don't spam this thread with any more Dr's price quotes.
Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by stinux(f): 12:01pm On Mar 11, 2015
@ mumcshyn, thanks for the update. I have been trying to book from BA online now but cant seems to get the promo price. Can you please shed more light on how l can book. Thanks

mumcshyn:
Hello E-fam just got a call from a friend that works with BA that are having there promo. i got a quote of $1010 for lagos to jfk for return ticket but unfortunately am buying one way which is expensive on BA. The promo ends on the 24th of this month
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Airpure(f): 12:29pm On Mar 11, 2015
weaseloo:

Anybody??

Hello.

I checked Google n got the following info

This certificate is issued to Nigerians who lose their passport while abroad. This certificate helps them to return to Nigeria. An Emergency Travel Certificate is usually valid for one journey to Nigeria only and must be surrendered to immigration authorities at the port of entry.

REQUIREMENTS FOR OBTAINING EMERGENCY TRAVEL CERTIFICATE

1. Formal request letter for the Emergency Travel Certificate by the applicant.  Include your current address and telephone number, please.

2. Police report or a copy of Applicant's bio-data page of Nigerian Passport.

3. 2 passport-size photographs.

4. Copy of itinerary or airline ticket.

5. $170.00 in money order payable to the Embassy of Nigeria, Washington, DC.

NOTE: The Travel Document is valid for 7 days only and cannot be used to return to the United States (one way journey).

I don't think it applies to Newborns cos u need copy of a Nigeria passport

I really don't understand why they don't allow NBs into d country with their parents Naija Passport. Like will they send them back without passport or what's d worst that will happen.

Infact I need to ask someone in immigration

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Newmum15: 12:59pm On Mar 11, 2015
Good Afternoon Guys,I'm quiet new on this site but I can say I've learnt quite a lot in the few hours I've been reading.I just have few questions and would be glad if anyone can help.My husband and I just got the B1/B12 visa and during the interview,I was asked if i was pregnant which I said Yes,Then she further asked if I'd like to give birth in the U.S and I said no,I probably should have told her the truth but I was scared it would contradict the 3 weeks we said we would be staying for.She gave me a letter that if I intend to change my mind I could go with the documemts.My husband intends to write them that I'd like to give birth in the U.S so they would update my visa...I'm just worried if that won't affect me at the POE.I'm due in July and I intent to leave in May.would be staying in Atlanta and I don't have any doctor or hospital in mind.Can anyone Pls help with any useful advice.Thank you very much.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by segbas(m): 1:19pm On Mar 11, 2015
why did you lie before. if the VO will grant you visa, he will, you don't need to lie because all the questions and answer you gave are been record and will the CBP.

Newmum15:
Good Afternoon Guys,I'm quiet new on this site but I can say I've learnt quite a lot in the few hours I've been reading.I just have few questions and would be glad if anyone can help.My husband and I just got the B1/B12 visa and during the interview,I was asked if i was pregnant which I said Yes,Then she further asked if I'd like to give birth in the U.S and I said no,I probably should have told her the truth but I was scared it would contradict the 3 weeks we said we would be staying for.She gave me a letter that if I intend to change my mind I could go with the documemts.My husband intends to write them that I'd like to give birth in the U.S so they would update my visa...I'm just worried if that won't affect me at the POE.I'm due in July and I intent to leave in May.would be staying in Atlanta and I don't have any doctor or hospital in mind.Can anyone Pls help with any useful advice.Thank you very much.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by dittobaby: 1:31pm On Mar 11, 2015
How come there are no pictures on this thread? It would have been more interesting and informative.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Newmum15: 1:35pm On Mar 11, 2015
@segbas
Newmum15:
pls Help ooo....any July mum here and anyone knows any hospital in ATL
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nkem234: 1:50pm On Mar 11, 2015
Newmum15:
@segbaspls Help ooo....any July mum here and anyone knows any hospital in ATL

Check out north side hospital..
U can email Price.Estimate@northside.com for estimated costs.
Once u are OK with costs,go ahead and find doctors affiliated with the hospital through Google.
All the best

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Yvete(f): 1:51pm On Mar 11, 2015
Can anyone kindly notify me when there's an appointment availability for March or early April at the Abuja embassy?

I already scheduled an interview for a guest on a B1/B2 visa, but April is too far off. Seems like I need to cancel this appointment in order to re-schedule. I don't want to lose this spot.

I'm inviting a relative over here. Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by maypra: 1:52pm On Mar 11, 2015
Yes sir!
justwise:

@maypra

Please don't spam this section with any Dr's price quote .

Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by 0yin: 1:56pm On Mar 11, 2015
Newmum15:

Northside hospital and Gwinnett hospital for now.

I'm a Sept mum, still looking out for other reasonable priced hospitals in ATL
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by segbas(m): 1:57pm On Mar 11, 2015
Try and contact the embassy change of intent no
Newmum15:
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by bims87(f): 2:08pm On Mar 11, 2015
spicengo:
Pls do usa government pay the children born there?

Does anyone know if us government pay their children like uk do. Pls reply

US government doesn't pay monthly like we have in the UK but the US govt pays it's workers what they call Tax Refund yearly and the amount u get depends on how much tax you paid to the govt in a whole year as well as the number of children you have. The refund is always paid to workers at the beginning of the year and it's always a joyful period that they all look forward to. The more children you have,the more money you get from the US govt.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Doaahassan: 2:25pm On Mar 11, 2015
Hi
Can you please advise the doctor fees.
and if you have a direct number for the financial in the hospital so I can call.
I am thinking to do the same as you wink

Thanks

SAkale:
Dear All,

I have narrowed down my choice to 1, West Houston Medical and I am using Dr. Magdy Rizk, MD,he is slightly more expensive than EL PASO folk but when i calculated the entire expense and factored in proximity for shuttle, accommodation, flight accessibility et al it seemed better. I am also applying for a B2 visa medical/tourism. i am just applying for my visa so pls ANY LAST MINUTE ADVICE before i hit send? I am due in June, to travel in May.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Newmum15: 2:32pm On Mar 11, 2015
0yin:

Northside hospital and Gwinnett hospital for now.

I'm a Sept mum, still looking out for other reasonable priced hospitals in ATL
Thank you very much,Pls do notify me if you get any other reasonable ones.God bless.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Newmum15: 2:33pm On Mar 11, 2015
Nkem234:

Check out north side hospital..
U can email Price.Estimate@northside.com for estimated costs.
Once u are OK with costs,go ahead and find doctors affiliated with the hospital through Google.
All the best
Thank you very much.God bless you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by kizluv(f): 3:38pm On Mar 11, 2015
Popri:
Well done sayoberry and Kizluv..

Thanks alot, this is encouraging...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Adiahabasi: 3:42pm On Mar 11, 2015
Gracydee:
@Sayoberry, congrats on the birth of your bundles of joy...God will bless them for you...

@ kizluv, abeg i never see the list of tests you promised me o. sent you a pm though

@ Adiahabasi, please can you give me details of the extended stay accommodation.........me sef dey consider that hospital..abeg help a sister. sent you a PM too

@ Congrats to all with successful visa and Poe stories.
I have replied.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by drafrican: 3:43pm On Mar 11, 2015
Pls what are the airline promo's now trending
British airways is not looking like any promo is on
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by supamom: 3:59pm On Mar 11, 2015
weaseloo:

Anybody??

Nigerian embassy gave me one to use when returning with my 1st baby after i had mailed her US passport to them for visa and they misplaced it
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Newmum0615: 4:02pm On Mar 11, 2015
Misplaced it?
supamom:

Nigerian embassy gave me one to use when returning with my 1st baby after i had mailed her US passport to them for visa and they misplaced it

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by supamom: 4:04pm On Mar 11, 2015
Phema:

And I've responded to each and everyone of them. Was wondering why you kept resending.

Will PM you now, respond with whatever questions you have. Okay?

I keep checking my mail but dont see any reply o. Or am i doing something wrong. I need Eddy's contact
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by supamom: 4:09pm On Mar 11, 2015
Newmum0615:
Misplaced it?

Am telling you. They said it has never happened before. If not that i had paid for expedieted with tracking and all that e for enta voicemail
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by IyawoToBe(f): 4:25pm On Mar 11, 2015
smiley
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Newmum15: 5:47pm On Mar 11, 2015
Thanks for the help earlier.Pls I have one more question,do I have to pay the medical bill before I get acceptance letter from the doctor?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by effectsbaby: 5:49pm On Mar 11, 2015
weaseloo:

Anybody??

There's actually visa on arrival for non Nigerian passport holders. I recall that on arrival, I was asked if I have a visa for my baby that if I wanted to get it I should go to a section in the airport. Typically, US citizens can get on a plane almost anywhere without a visa, just passport while immigration issues or visas are sorted at entry. This applies to newborns also

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by kizluv(f): 6:22pm On Mar 11, 2015
Gracydee:

@ kizluv, abeg i never see the list of tests you promised me o. sent you a pm though

Cc: @Doaahassan

Urinalysis
Vdrl  (syphilis)
RBS
HBsAG  (hep B)
Hep C
FBT (full blood count)
Genotype
HIV
Bloodgroup

When I got here I did Only - GBS  (strep B) 48 to 58 dollars depending on if you react to penicillin.
Rubella- i declined
Glucose /fasting blood sugar - can't find my result - i declined.
sorry this is late.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by customised87: 6:38pm On Mar 11, 2015
effectsbaby:

There's actually visa on arrival for non Nigerian passport holders. I recall that on arrival, I was asked if I have a visa for my baby that if I wanted to get it I should go to a section in the airport. Typically, US citizens can get on a plane almost anywhere without a visa, just passport while immigration issues or visas are sorted at entry. This applies to newborns also

If it applies to NB too,why on earth do we now stress our selves trying to get a visa before leaving the US? I think we need to research this and know the very truth. I would really love to know this is true.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by effectsbaby: 6:51pm On Mar 11, 2015
customised87:

If it applies to NB too,why on earth do we now stress our selves trying to get a visa before leaving the US? I think we need to research this and know the very truth. I would really love to know this is true.

My understanding before entry was that you had to pay ahead or something. But I was approached by an immigration officer when he saw the non Nigerian passport. Had gotten the visa already before leaving US anyways. This was July last year

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (333)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Polish Student Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.