Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:34 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 - Travel (191) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (893361 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) ... (333) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Tvegas(m): 5:47pm On Jul 20, 2015
kindheart213:

Oga Tvegas.. Please i sent you an email, i will be expecting your reply..
Thanks
Hi, I responded to your PM.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by back2dmatter: 6:16pm On Jul 20, 2015
Tvegas:

Hi, I responded to your PM.

@ tVEGAS, I sent you a pm too
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by mumkay: 9:04pm On Jul 20, 2015
Quite new here and I appreciate all d info I have gotten from dis trend.I am an Oct mum but will be travelling second week in Sept will likely use Oakbend or WHMC.I need ur advise on accommodation,preferably an apartment.Any mom heading same direction shod pls try lets hook up.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ozycy: 10:24pm On Jul 20, 2015
mumkay:
Quite new here and I appreciate all d info I have gotten from dis trend.I am an Oct mum but will be travelling second week in Sept will likely use Oakbend or WHMC.I need ur advise on accommodation,preferably an apartment.Any mom heading same direction shod pls try lets hook up.
October mum here leaving same time with you, looking towards Oakbend and Dr F and may be using soulcare, you can check dem out or look into other ones mentioned here. Have you bought your ticket? Where are you leaving from,abj or lag?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Deyonsesi: 10:37pm On Jul 20, 2015
justwise:
@Deyonsesi

I see your posts as an indirect advert for that Dr, please enough.

Thank you.

I'm sorry about that. I'm actually a silent reader and I tot I was helping a mum. Guess I'm not too familiar wit d rules.

Will stop. Infact I've stopped already.

Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by 0yin: 2:37am On Jul 21, 2015
So in the spirit of giving back I landed atlanta via jfk. My POE was quite boring,was expecting more as I was ready with all my documents,appointment letter.... grin
Officer:So u r in the US for vacation?
Me:yes (dont say more than they ask)
Officer:how long are you staying?
Me:2 months
Officer: how did u get ur British passport
Me:my mum
Officer:schooled or worked in the uk?
Me:both
Officer:so what do you do now?
Me:I'm a ***** in *****
Officer:wa food items do u av
Me:beans cassava floor n grounded pepper
Officer:visited any ebola countries in the last 3 months
Me:no
He stamps me in till October.

No secondary inspection no one asked about my bump.

Now waiting for my 1st appointment.

10 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by silverplum: 2:55am On Jul 21, 2015
Hi everyone
Please i want to find out if there are medical test you can take here in Nigeria to cut down cost before to travel to the US?
Also does anyone know any good doctor in US who can arrange a medical letter for visa purposes?

thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Zedaii: 3:01am On Jul 21, 2015
Hello everyone, I have been a silent member and follower of this thread and pretty excited to be posting. May God bless every contributor here as you've all provided valuable info to help people like me on this 'blue kpali journey'.

So I already had a valid US visa when I stumbled across this thread but I got the valuable info about the 'change of intent' letter amongst other things from here and info from friends.

So, I came into the US on the 1st of July embarassed (sorry for taking this long to share jare..plenty things). Btw, I'm a July/August mum. I flew Delta at 34 weeks with my 5 year old daughter. The flight was just there, slightly uncomfortable because I'm pretty tall. My POE was Atlanta en route LA (en route Bakersfield..2 hours away). So, in the spirit of giving back, here's my POE story:

The line at Atlanta no be child's play..stood for like an hour before it got to my turn. Thank God for a very co-operative daughter grin
Anyway, when it got to my turn, they kept moving me from queue to queue. First queue, it was a white guy, I was like, hmmm cos his face looked stern but I was like, "God, just give me favour sha". Cos I was pregnant, the person controlling the lines was looking to place me in the shortest queue possible so she moved me to another line. That one had one elderly white guy, I was like, "Hmm, ok". Just as I was settling in, she moved me to another queue that was shorter. Now this one had a black guy and I was like, "Ok oooo". So here goes:

CBP (A big black guy with attitude): Hello, why are you here?
Before I could answer, he's like, "To give birth right?"
Ah, ahn, na spirit! Cos the truth is people barely noticed my pregnancy even during my flights cos I didn't really look too far gone. In fact, I had to tell people I was pregnant just to get help with lifting my luggage at some points. Yeah, true story.

ME: Anyway, I smiled and said, "yes, and vacation for my daughter"

CBP: We've been having people come here to give birth here and all bla bla bla. So when's your EDD?
ME: I'm like August
CBP: Have you seen any doctor?
ME: Not yet but have correspondence with them.
CBP: Sits back. "How the heck are you going to give birth in like a month and you've not seen a doc here yet?! Let me see the correspondence ( I show him, which includes all the fees). "Have you made any payment?"
ME: Not yet.
CBP: Making faces...."So how much do you have?"
ME: $3500 in cash and the rest in cards
CBP: "How do I confirm that you have the rest in cards?. There are no ATM machines here. Do I just take your word for it?" I just smile.
"So how long do you plan to be here for?"
ME: 2 months plus
CBP: What does that even mean? It could be 4 months or more.
ME: Smiling "I couldn't be here for that long. I have a job" Still smiling.
CBP: So why do you want to give birth here? Did you have your daughter here?
ME: For access to better health care. No, I didn't.
CBP: "So, what did your doc in Nigeria say?"
ME: "I'm sorry, I don't understand your question"
CBP: "Wasn't he mad that you're coming to spend your money here and not spending it in Nigeria?"
ME: "He in fact gave me his blessings, gave me a letter (fit to fly and to whom it may concern) to come with and my test results" I showed him the letter.
All the while, he's muttering something about if his wife says she wants to come and give birth in Nigeria, he would wonder why (In my mind, I'm like, yeah of course!)

As he's stamping my passport, he's like, "Are you married?" and then he looks at my finger and sees and is like "Oh yeah" and then he asks, "So, is your husband coming?", I answer, "We're expecting him some time around the baby's delivery". He replies, "I'll be watching out for him", I reply smiling with a glint in my eye, "You can't miss him, he's extremely tall". He smiles back and gives me passport..otoun.

Then I go on to the secondary check point, the guy that gives the files says, "Hello Ma'am, what do you have?" Meanwhile, the CBP had asked me the same question and I told him. So I answer this guy and he's like, "Ma'am, do you have any plants or fresh stuff?". I say, "No". He says, "Go right along ma'am" and that was it o.

The key to going through successfully, I believe, is trusting in God all the way, being truthful and confident.

I have already seen my OBGYN twice. All my Naija test results were accepted but had 2 outstandings which I did today.

Doctor - $2520 (discounted)
Tests - Don't know yet but an estimate of $487 (might be lower cos I'm just doing 3 tests)
Hospital - $4000 (discounted)

Now awaiting arrival of Americana baby o smiley

12 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Zedaii: 3:04am On Jul 21, 2015
By the way, abeg who has recently used First Bank to do withdrawals or payments cos this one GTB dey show themselves, hian! If you have used FBN, are their rates any better? All these Naija banks sef!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by bambini: 6:03am On Jul 21, 2015
tk8681:
Am coming to phoenix next week but sorry am already in new york. Please which of the accommodation are you as staying,scared of been bored seems people are not coming to that direction again

I am at Ocotillo village, I have a month more to stay and there's hopefully another mama coming in next week, am not that bored here. So I be pleased if you can join us. Let me know if you need any assistance
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 6:14am On Jul 21, 2015
silverplum:
Hi everyone
Please i want to find out if there are medical test you can take here in Nigeria to cut down cost before to travel to the US?
Also does anyone know any good doctor in US who can arrange a medical letter for visa purposes?

thank you

I suggest u read through the thread with ur jotter and pen... Believe me the information you will get here en... Its invaluable ... So get into the action of reading... Good luck

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 6:19am On Jul 21, 2015
I
0yin:
So in the spirit of giving back I landed atlanta via jfk. My POE was quite boring,was expecting more as I was ready with all my documents,appointment letter.... grin

Zedaii:
Hello everyone, I have been a silent member and follower of this thread and pretty excited to be posting. May God bless every contributor here as you've all provided valuable info to help people like me on this 'blue kpali journey'.

Congratulations both of you... We give God the Glory.... Sweet news indeed ...

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by yuddiepro: 8:52am On Jul 21, 2015
Dear mama's and Papa's ,

Please I'm in need of a hospital and doctors contact in san Jose California.. I have my relatives in California and Michigan but I hear the weather condition in Michigan. In January is unbearable. I am a January mum and I need to explore the California option before I can decide. I know it's rather early but I want to do all I can now to avoid last minute issues.

Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 9:10am On Jul 21, 2015
0yin:
Officer:So u r in the US for vacation?
Me:yes (dont say more than they ask)
Officer:how long are you staying?
Me:2 months
Officer: how did u get ur British passport
Me:my mum
Officer:schooled or worked in the uk?
Me:both
Officer:so what do you do now?
Me:I'm a ***** in *****
Officer:wa food items do u av
Me:beans cassava floor n grounded pepper
Officer:visited any ebola countries in the last 3 months
Me:no
He stamps me in till October.

No secondary inspection no one asked about my bump.

congratss kiss.. yayy am next oh. Atlanta here I come * speaking in tongues mode* of which where is @newmum15 sef?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by feddy27: 9:22am On Jul 21, 2015
blackedwin:
Does anyone have any idea about this airport as per POE with Pregy mama(34weeks)
Minneapolis - St. Paul International Airport

Yea, I used Minneapolis at 34 weeks too. No stress, though all my documents were asked for and I was stamped in.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by mumkay: 9:29am On Jul 21, 2015
@ Ozycy .Yes bought my ticket,using emirate and leaving from Abuja.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by saddyn: 9:39am On Jul 21, 2015
Please house, i have a troubling question. I am pregnant with twins and want to give birth in new Orléans, but am wondering If am gonna be charge hospital fee for each baby or i just pay once and it covers for both babies. Also, can Anyone advice of a cheap hospital in New Orléans, as that is where i have relation. Thanks for your quick response.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 9:52am On Jul 21, 2015
saddyn:
Please house, i have a troubling question. I am pregnant with twins and want to give birth in new Orléans, but am wondering If am gonna be charge hospital fee for each baby or i just pay once and it covers for both babies. Also, can Anyone advice of a cheap hospital in New Orléans, as that is where i have relation. Thanks for your quick response.

You will be charged once with a lil extra for twins.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by babyspice: 10:08am On Jul 21, 2015
I don't think so o! i had twins and each child had a separate bill PLUS mine too! so i suggest OP should do her research very well

Phema:

You will be charged once with a lil extra for twins.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 10:16am On Jul 21, 2015
babyspice:
I don't think so o! i had twins and each child had a separate bill PLUS mine too! so i suggest OP should do her research very well

Are you serious? Which hospital? That's a first. . .

Most hospitals i know don't charge two separate bills for each baby.

I guess it depends on the hospitals then. So OP, please ask the hospital you will be using.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Jibbie2015: 10:30am On Jul 21, 2015
feddy27:

Yea, I used Minneapolis at 34 weeks too. No stress, though all my documents were asked for and I was stamped in.

Hello @feddy27, pleasE which airline flies directly to Minneapolis airport as the POE?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 10:32am On Jul 21, 2015
Ralphlauren, how are you these days?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ozycy: 10:46am On Jul 21, 2015
mumkay:
@ Ozycy .Yes bought my ticket,using emirate and leaving from Abuja.
I haven't bought yet but will be leaving from abj too.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Ralphlauren(m): 10:51am On Jul 21, 2015
Phema:
Ralphlauren, how are you these days?

I dey kampe. Thanks for asking. How's your hubby and son?

Why I follow this thread, I don't know grin

I'm baffled on why mothers with EU passport still fly over to the US to have kids.

Cc: 0yin and Riz2015

Una never hear of FATCA? undecided

The US/UK/EU dual nationality is no longer attractive these days.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by sayoberry(f): 10:58am On Jul 21, 2015
*zooms in* How una dey o. Mothers of Americans grin congrats to babies and successful Poe-s .
I just say make I come greet u o. Phema and tvegas I sight u.
Justwise you still dey? U never go u.s go born?

Let me go before u people transfer belle to me.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 11:00am On Jul 21, 2015
Ralphlauren:
I'm baffled on why mothers with EU passport still fly over to the US to have kids.

Very well.

I see you peeping all the time and was wondering if you are the first male that has managed to defy nature. grin

As for the dual nationality thingy; i guess those mothers have their reasons.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 11:02am On Jul 21, 2015
sayoberry:
*zooms in* How una dey o. Mothers of Americans grin congrats to babies and successful Poe-s .

Come back here my friend! You have just 5 kids and you are running. Our mothers had more and we should beat their records. grin

Well done there!

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by dada80: 11:08am On Jul 21, 2015
Ennie83:
Hi Everyone, I will be in El Paso to give birth in September. Anyone else travelling around that time to El Paso? Lets connect pls.

hello Ennie83, can you please get in touch? many thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Jibbie2015: 11:16am On Jul 21, 2015
Hello house, Good morning. just to ask what you think about receiving an inflow of a little over a mil from a family member just the week before my visa interview. Some say that might look suspicious. Although we currently have a combined balance in 2 savings accounts of over 3mil and cash savings in dollars of like 5k. Do we also present our salary accounts with the savings accounts? that will be like 4 accounts together including the savings accounts. And den how do we also let the VO know we have cash savings in dollars...are we supposed to take that along for the interview too. Budget sheet is a little over 3mil for expenses to be incurred in the USA.

Experienced members... your expertise advice is needed here urgently abeg.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:32am On Jul 21, 2015
sayoberry:

grin grin apparently men can get pregnant these days..... being trying but it doesn't work grin grin so i have to shift my attention to wife hunting grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by 0yin: 12:05pm On Jul 21, 2015
Ralphlauren:

Please educate us on this'facta'
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shelly23: 12:31pm On Jul 21, 2015
Yeah it depends on the hospital and the packages they offer. My hospital will charge separately for mother and each child. The fee for the mother is fixed though and the child is just based on what they do.
Better for the OP to confirm from the hospital, if possible get it in writing sef before the birth.

Phema:

Are you serious? Which hospital? That's a first. . .

Most hospitals i know don't charge two separate bills for each baby.

I guess it depends on the hospitals then. So OP, please ask the hospital you will be using.

(1) (2) (3) ... (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) ... (333)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Polish Student Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.