Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,475 members, 7,816,119 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:43 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 - Travel (286) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (892744 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) ... (333) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 8:04pm On Sep 11, 2015
neks31:

Wow that's so rude to tell a married preggy woman " will u stop that" ahh ahh she isn't ur baby or ur help! Jeezzzz yall do the most here
I didn't wanna interfere.. But "will you stop that" isn't rude, compare it to calling another preggy married woman "itk",And if you've been following you'll understand why she's asking her to stop that. From the first reply to her one would think she'll get the gist and just fash.

Ok no more derailing this thread...

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 8:05pm On Sep 11, 2015
LadyGuinivere:
Ok o! Lemme join the indolent crew. Abegi if anyone sees ticket to dallas cheaper than 250k for november ending , plz holla ur girl cheesy grin
haaaaa cheaper ke?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by oluwafunkenny: 8:18pm On Sep 11, 2015
Oyin15:
Mamas n Papas in the house. Pls no vex o. I have a quick question. Bank of America is telling me I hav to leave a minimum bal of $1500 in my checking account n $300 in my savings account to avoid a monthly charge. How una take do am. Is there a way around this

They have one of $4.95 monthly charge. that was what I opted for. you can ask for that.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by feddy27: 8:23pm On Sep 11, 2015
Oyin15:
Mamas n Papas in the house. Pls no vex o. I have a quick question. Bank of America is telling me I hav to leave a minimum bal of $1500 in my checking account n $300 in my savings account to avoid a monthly charge. How una take do am. Is there a way around this

I opted for the monthly charge which is more convenient. $12 maintenance charge for my checking account, $5 for my savings account.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by neks31(f): 8:52pm On Sep 11, 2015
firsttymum:
I didn't wanna interfere.. But "will you stop that" isn't rude, compare it to calling another preggy married woman "itk",And if you've been following you'll understand why she's asking her to stop that. From the first reply to her one would think she'll get the gist and just fash.

Ooohhh kk u r my NL bff in my head so lemme pim my mouth before trailer will jam me here! Peace be with us all n let's put our hormones in check!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 9:04pm On Sep 11, 2015
neks31:

Ooohhh kk u r my NL bff in my head so lemme pim my mouth before trailer will jam me here! Peace be with us all n let's put our hormones in check!
Oya comman hug ... Do no how d hug will work sef... Our belly will just jam. Oya side hug hahhahhaha mwuah mwuah

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by bbaby84(f): 9:12pm On Sep 11, 2015
firsttymum:

Same difference....
Both rude comments.

We can all do better.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nasadiva: 9:26pm On Sep 11, 2015
Have gone tru this forum searching for shippers in Houston. Aside PSI mentioned earlier, pls can u refer/recommend a reliable shipper in Houston. Please mamas/papas that has shipped diapers etc how did you do it?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nasadiva: 9:29pm On Sep 11, 2015
toparie:
You have indeed... Thanks a bunch @favouredmum and @Nasadiva

Welcome on board. Hope you will hit the ground running.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 2:55am On Sep 12, 2015
firsttymum:
haaaaa cheaper ke?
Faith nwanne! I believe! Lol
Or maybe the exchange rate will jus come down to 164 naira. shocked
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by iolite88(f): 7:17am On Sep 12, 2015
@Leez29 when do you leave and did you book for wheel chair? Cause lufthansa is asking me to pay $100 to see their Dr and get certified that I need the wheel chair.

Leez29:

That's great! I got ABV-FRK-DENVER-ELP @ 397k Naira. My liver no cook for Houston. Lol
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by iolite88(f): 7:22am On Sep 12, 2015
Hehehe I laugh in french before this one go happen all our 2015 babies go done enter secondary school!

LadyGuinivere:

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 7:57am On Sep 12, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

I tap into ur faith o.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 7:59am On Sep 12, 2015
iolite88:
Hehehe I laugh in french before this one go happen all our 2015 babies go done enter secondary school!
God forbid o. Abeg o.... Hian this na my first pikin other amelica/Canada journey dey o
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Amy20: 8:38am On Sep 12, 2015
I hope this helps for those of us looking for cheap ticket to newyork. Cheap ticket @ 205k but only for those going to newyork. Etihad airways. It says in the link that the sale is only for 96 days and just 50seats available. Don't know if this is against the rules justwise but just thought I should try.

https://etihadairways.smemarkethub.com/products/65754/hot-sale:-book-flights-to-new-york/

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Cuteaidomo: 1:35pm On Sep 12, 2015
olokings:
greetings ma'am...
really n sincerely, no offence meant and my post was not in anyway a personal attack et al.
i was only trying to bring to notice a trending issue/situation that's all.

plus i am not against HELPING [/b]whereever required, n trust me where i can i go all out to assist.
i am just saying there is a diff between [b]HELPING [/b]and [b]SERVING
furthermore, just trying to advice the newbies (mostly) to endeavour to put in a lil effort to all these our prospecting.
trust me that's the way err-one will rank up to being gurus / veterans and be of HELP to others in the future to come.

peace ma'am Lolly-B... and congrats again on your visa wink cheesy

I completely concur with lolly-b on this. The response given to new subscribers here can be quite discouraging and annoying. The fact that some pple are gurus doesn't make them superior to others cos for heavens sake u didn't get all the facts overnight. I happen to be a victim of this nasty responses but I kept my cool and I know some other peeps who av kept mute too. It's better not to respond than respond and make the person feel stupid or make jest of their comments. I had to resort to contacting pple personally and olokings has been of grat help so far . We are all adults here and I advice we remain matured in our comments. If a question doesn't make sense to u,kindly ignore instead of commenting in a degrading manner pls. Thanks

12 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Cuteaidomo: 1:49pm On Sep 12, 2015
olokings:
chief,
welcome back first of all...
in as much as we have librarians, there are references to books and these librarians can buh only give you these references and may be recommended a few books that may/may not give you better insight to the knowledge you seek.

truth is, people have taken their precious time out to type of these experiences, discuss these issues (sometimes not even up to 20 pages away)... now if we/they keep re-answering the same questions, trust me this thread will become stale because all you will have is pages upon pages of the same exact information. there will be no diversity ergo we all should just queue to one specific place.

now when some veterans comes off as being sacarstic (bottom line is hook line and sinker is being handed down to newbies to learn how to fish) with directives, they are simply showing us the way to go about fending for ourselves and in the end you see people coming up with even better new spots and deals that beats what was being posting here before.

the united states is a very big place (as much as if not even bigger than west africa sef) and there are uncharted areas as far as this birth tourism thing goes.

so please do not pick office with our referals and directives to newbies to try and read the thread.

me that i am talking to you have not even clocked in or celebrated any anniversary on this forum / thread sef, buh i took my time to read and understand the logic of the process of this birth tourism ergo my decision not to follow the band wagon.

@newbies, we understand that y'all newbies n stuff, buh nothing beats the satisfaction we get from knowledge sought after and acquired with our own sweat and not being spoon fed. veterans are always here to assist when you find yourself in a hook, buh c'mon, we all got lives outside NL here. so lets give credence where due.

peace to everybody and i am going back to copying firsty's my default response to vague qz.

@olokings as much as I understand what you mean,manner of passing the msg across matters a lot too. Maybe u need to advice your fellow veterans to be as civil and polite as you wen commenting. I really don't wanna mention names here but I feel lollyberry's pain. Like she said,if u can't add value to what a new sub needs then kindly ignore and don't be NASTY period. Haba

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by iolite88(f): 2:16pm On Sep 12, 2015
Hello house pls I seriously need help from Mama's that flew lufthansa and used wheel chair oh. Watin Lufthansa done take my eye see today no be small.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by aolatunde00: 2:26pm On Sep 12, 2015
I don't see why people have to be rude to others because you know something they don't.Share if you want to and ignore if you don't want to share.Theres absolutely no reason for sarcastic comments laced with insults.
Even though I had my first baby in MD,it still hasn't stopped me from asking Olokings several questions(some bordering on ridiculous) and he's answered every single one of them.
Someone asks how to get a ticket and instead of you to mention one or two booking websites,someone else actually goes into an unnecessarily long lengthy response on why the question is ridiculous.
Please let's learn to be courteous and civil to one another.Please visit the 2 visa consular threads and see how these guys politely answer all our questions.why we can't do same here?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Cuteaidomo: 2:33pm On Sep 12, 2015
aolatunde00:
I don't see why people have to be rude to others because you know something they don't.Share if you want to and ignore if you don't want to share.Theres absolutely no reason for sarcastic comments laced with insults.
Even though I had my first baby in MD,it still hasn't stopped me from asking Olokings several questions(some bordering on ridiculous) and he's answered every single one of them.
Someone asks how to get a ticket and instead of you to mention one or two booking websites,someone else actually goes into an unnecessarily long lengthy response on why the question is ridiculous.
Please let's learn to be courteous and civil to one another.Please visit the 2 visa consular threads and see how these guys politely answer all our questions.why we can't do same here?

God bless your soul aolatunde00. It's really ridiculous. Even going as far as making jest of the Houston,Texas when the poster jewelry put a comma in between. If only you guys who claim to be gurus can emulate olokings. If the pple that started this thread were as nasty as this I don't think we will all be here today. Taking time to refer pple back to google is just the height of sarcasm. God help us all. *smh*

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by toparie: 2:52pm On Sep 12, 2015
Thanks mama

Nasadiva:

Welcome on board. Hope you will hit the ground running.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 3:37pm On Sep 12, 2015
What's this debate about really?
That u are asked to read thru the thread is rude? U r ignored is rude? Or that someone doesn't wanna indulge in being repeated is rude?

And then why wait till case is closed and settled before all these debate? If u missed a "charade" den u missed it... No need opening a done deal... Haba let sleeping dogs lie. Imagine every party involved came to start replying you how derailed this thread will b once more?

Is there any guru here? I don't agree with anyone being a guru in d first place. It's a simple case of one reading through and the other not.

Cuteaidomo when I said Houston Texas, it wasnt me making jest of anyone, it was just a gadamm joke.
Anyone who knows me here know I play and joke a lot... Plus I answer as many as I can for f.uck sake I even type pages, which is why I was amazed that one wld b referred to a page and still complain about it. Everyone knows I'm Houston bound, but I've answered questions on hospitals that ain't even my route or business.

Na wa o! U answer, people complain, u don't they complain, u even give pages some still complain.

14 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ebonychic18(f): 4:16pm On Sep 12, 2015
I see nothing wrong with referring people to read through or even posting pages. I stumbled upon this thread early this year. I wasn't even preggie then but i started reading through yes from part 1! It's just like combing through a novel. I was done in 2 days. You can start on Friday finish by sunday. And yes I'm a working mom with 2 children. Get your info and then ask valid questions. I don't get it when people get angry or feel insulted on a faceless forum. I've gotten all my data without any pms or asking questions. I'm preggie now #2016 mom And I have it all figured out by now . I got all my pointers from reading through. So peace ladies. Let's read through and ask nicely for guidance. No need feeling insulted.

14 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 4:21pm On Sep 12, 2015
Ebonychic18 congratulations.....
iolite88:
Hello house pls I seriously need help from Mama's that flew lufthansa and used wheel chair oh. Watin Lufthansa done take my eye see today no be small.
babe what's the question? I know they usually ask for their printed fit to fly from their website.. Or is there something else they are asking?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by iolite88(f): 4:29pm On Sep 12, 2015
I requested for wheel chair and was given a form for my Dr to fill and then referred to their own hospital where I met a German Dr, he refused to approve the wheel chair request saying I am not fit to fly (I am only 23 weeks). He was so rude and said my pregnancy is a complicated one since I have leg pain. I explained that it's cause the baby is on one side and he kept saying rubish. My question is does anyone have any idea if I can still get wheel chair service if I don't do this process?

firsttymum:
Ebonychic18 congratulations..... babe what's the question? I know they usually ask for their printed fit to fly from their website.. Or is there something else they are asking?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 4:38pm On Sep 12, 2015
iolite88:
I requested for wheel chair and was given a form for my Dr to fill and then referred to their own hospital where I met a German Dr, he refused to approve the wheel chair request saying I am not fit to fly. He was so rude and said my pregnancy is a complicated one since I have leg pain. I explained that it's cause the baby is on one side and he kept saying rubish. My question is does anyone have any idea if I can still get wheel chair service if I don't do this process?
I doubt u can get a wheel chair without the process. My fear is if they'll allow u to fly considering their Dr said u ain't fit to fly. once they are giving you issues, pls manage without the wheel chair.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nasadiva: 4:41pm On Sep 12, 2015
firsttymum:
What's this debate about really?
That u are asked to read thru the thread is rude? U r ignored is rude? Or that someone doesn't wanna indulge in being repeated is rud

Na wa o! U answer, people complain, u don't they complain, u even give pages some still complain.

BEHOLD ANOTHER RATURE! grin grin come Firsttymum I have some ignore button to share cos I can see you ran out of yours, but u go pay oooh. STILL LOOKING FOR RELIABLE SHIPPER'S CONTACT OR NOBODY HAS EVER SHIPPED STUFF FROM HOUSTON?

(1) (2) (3) ... (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) ... (333)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Polish Student Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.