Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,588 members, 7,816,447 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:23 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 - Travel (287) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (892811 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) ... (333) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 5:09pm On Sep 12, 2015
Nasadiva:

BEHOLD ANOTHER RATURE! grin grin come Firsttymum I have some ignore button to share cos I can see you ran out of yours, but u go pay oooh. STILL LOOKING FOR RELIABLE SHIPPER'S CONTACT OR NOBODY HAS EVER SHIPPED STUFF FROM HOUSTON?
honestly I need the ignore button o.... How much is it o wink cheesy Abeg I wan buy

na only psi shipping me sef know o.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ebonychic18(f): 5:35pm On Sep 12, 2015
Thanks firstymum
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 5:48pm On Sep 12, 2015
Great Job you're all doing.

I'm legally married with a kids.

I have a refusal record with the US consulate.

A have another woman, though not legally married to her, she's pregnant and wants to give birth in the US. We have already made a budget of $30k for this.

She doesn't bear my surname, but I'm the sponsor and will definitely be included in her application.

Bearing in mind that I have a record with the consulate and my name will pop up on the system, hope this will not pose a problem if they find out her name is different from that of my legal wife, though she'll inform the VO we are not legally married but engaged.

Do you have any advice for us as we do not intend to lie to the VO?

And hope we won't look stupid knowing fully well polygamous is not practised in the US.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 6:10pm On Sep 12, 2015
el2015:

A have another woman, though not legally married to her, she's pregnant and wants to give birth in the US. We have already made a budget of $30k for this.

She doesn't bear my surname, but I'm the sponsor and will definitely be included in her application.

Bearing in mind that I have a record with the consulate and my name will pop up on the system, hope this will not pose a problem if they find out her name is different from that of my legal wife, though she'll inform the VO we are not legally married but engaged.

And hope we won't look stupid knowing fully well polygamous is not practised in the US.

*coughs*

Will be right back.

8 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 6:15pm On Sep 12, 2015
Oh boy
this case get as e be o...

Lemme leave the moral part of this and go straight to the issue.
Put money in your new iyawo's acct enough to cover childbirth in US. Contact a doc and hosp, get correspondence and the regular routine. Your previous refusal has nothing to do with her. If she qualifies for a medical visa she will get it with or without your history with them.

This your new iyawo is enjoying o. Please forgive my amebo nature. Does iya ile know about iyawo and the new bom baby coming?

el2015:

12 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 6:17pm On Sep 12, 2015
Phema:

*coughs*

Will be right back.
shocked

Aunty Phema, are you seeing what I am seeing? No be today sha, it is a man's world

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 6:21pm On Sep 12, 2015
shocked shocked Hmmmmm...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by mamacajah: 6:24pm On Sep 12, 2015
Babes, please lets help the man with his questions... grin and the question only... angry which I think nefertitiram has done justice to.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Mum2bee: 6:32pm On Sep 12, 2015
Hello mamas and papas....... In the spirit of giving back to this wonderful forum where i have learnt so much! I dont comment much except when i can add value but i love to read, cos the amount of information here is crazy!

My story goes thus...

We (Hubby, Son, Cousin and I) departed Lagos on Thursday 10 September with BA... that MM1 is a nightmare!

Hubby refused that i request for wheel chair, so after checking in we just strolled to the fast track! I no even look anybody face, was waiting for someone to ask me if i had a bizness class ticket, i for swear for the person cos at this point i was already tired. Finally boarded and the flighht was full! sha squeezed my belle into my seat and endured the flight for 6 hours of restlessness. Arrived London and chilled 3 hours for our flight to Houston! Luckily the flight was empty as we had expected! So i just stretched my round body on the full length of one of the middle seats and SLEPT! It was fantastic! No noise, nothing!

Fast forward toPOE in Houston, there was only one other preggy lady and infact we travelled together from naija. The queue was quite long cos i think about 2 planes arrived at the same time. Anyways we were ushered to one white man and the conversation went as follows:

CBP Officer: Are you all a family (we filled to separate forms one for us and one for my cousin)
CBP Officer: You have to separate for Legal reasons
CBP Officer: Why are you here?
Hubby: For vacation and childbirth
CBP Officer: How long are you here for?
Us: 2 months
CBP Officer: You are gonna pay ur bills right?
Us: Definitely
CBP Officer: How much have you paid?
Me: We have paid all that was quoted by the hospital and doctor.
CBP: Accommodation?
Us: We are staying in a rented apartment
CBP Officer: How much do you have on you
Us: $8,000 between us.
CBP: Any food stuff? Egusi, ogbona, Melon?
Me: Yes to all with a smile.

Na so he fingerprint us and stamps us in till March 10. No secondary inspection. My cousin was just asked why she was here and how much she had on her and was also stamped in till March 10. On our way out we were directed to Agriculture where they carried only my sons indomie! I nearly cried but i was kinda expecting it sha!

Just chilling at home now legs crossed and my cousin just made one kain spaghetti stir fry! Waiting for my first appointment on Tuesday!

It was all favour from GOD! Wishing everyone a successful entry!

One Love....

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 6:52pm On Sep 12, 2015
hello people,

please is there any february mom in the house going to el paso for delivery?

for previous el paso moms, could you pls give me a referral for the doctor who took ur birth?

thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 6:56pm On Sep 12, 2015
el2015:

I won't lie. Its very difficult for me to ignore the moral ish in this story but I'll just suffice it to say, na u get uur mind and na uu sabi the good from the bad.
Now speaking as a legal practitioner, u can't claim engaged unless you are muslim where polygamy is legal. As in, you are engaged whilst still married? How? Polygamy although practised is not recognized under the law elsewhere. I also see a thin line between saying engaged and bigamy. I bring up bigamy because the 'engaged' begs the question, when are u guys planning on getting married? Can it qualify as a tie etc, etc
Now understand that the VO will process all this info in like max 3 mins of interview and decide whether she has strenght to untangle all the legal webs.
My advice? Say it as is. She's your mistress (sorry if that phrase is rude. Ladyfriend, babymama, baby oku, whatever is the nicer phrase) expecting a child for u and the vo will decide if she has ties sufficent to return.
Your other question as to whether ur ties to baby oku will be an ish... Why were u refused?

11 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 6:58pm On Sep 12, 2015
nefertitiram:
Oh boy
this case get as e be o...

This your new iyawo is enjoying o. Please forgive my amebo nature. Does iya ile know about iyawo and the new bom baby coming?

Amebo! Them go taya! grin cheesy
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by uptown17: 7:24pm On Sep 12, 2015
congrats on successful poe mum2be. this your poe was a breeze oo
could u kindly share your rented apartment details with us. how where you able to secure one for just 2months

[ ton her and was also stamped in till March 10. On our way out we were directed to Agriculture where they carried only my sons indomie! I nearly cried but i was kinda expecting it sha!

Just chilling at home now legs crossed and my cousin just made one kain spaghetti stir fry! Waiting for my first appointment on Tuesday!

One Love....

[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Mum2bee: 7:43pm On Sep 12, 2015
uptown17:
congrats on successful poe mum2be. this your poe was a breeze oo
could u kindly share your rented apartment details with us. how where you able to secure one for just 2months

[ ton her and was also stamped in till March 10. On our way out we were directed to Agriculture where they carried only my sons indomie! I nearly cried but i was kinda expecting it sha!

One Love....

You can inbox me for details.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 7:50pm On Sep 12, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

I won't lie. Its very difficult for me to ignore the moral ish in this story but I'll just suffice it to say, na u get uur mind and na uu sabi the good from the bad.
Now speaking as a legal practitioner, u can't claim engaged unless you are muslim where polygamy is legal. As in, you are engaged whilst still married? How? Polygamy although practised is not recognized under the law elsewhere. I also see a thin line between saying engaged and bigamy. I bring up bigamy because the 'engaged' begs the question, when are u guys planning on getting married? Can it qualify as a tie etc, etc
Now understand that the VO will process all this info in like max 3 mins of interview and decide whether she has strenght to untangle all the legal webs.
My advice? Say it as is. She's your mistress (sorry if that phrase is rude. Ladyfriend, babymama, baby oku, whatever is the nicer phrase) expecting a child for u and the vo will decide if she has ties sufficent to return.
Your other question as to whether ur ties to baby oku will be an ish... Why were u refused?

Thanks LadyGuinivere and all the mamas.

Well I deserve serious bashing knowing fully well I'm in the midst of responsible mamas.

We're not engage and we're never getting married. As a lawyer though not practising, I understand the legal implication (Bigamy)

I used the word "engaged" just for the visa purpose. But of course I just needed a more appropriate word to use, since I'm the sponsor and the VO will want to know the relationship between us.

Never been to the US, but my wife and son just returned last week.

Was refused a business visa under section 214B

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 7:52pm On Sep 12, 2015
El2015

Since the moral side has been dealt with. Now to the main...

What are her strong ties?
Aside u... Family? School? She needs a convincing reason to give the VO that she's coming back. It's not just about paying her bills
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by modath(f): 7:57pm On Sep 12, 2015
Phema:

*coughs*
Will be right back.

Sis Phema don see question wey pass her, she run! grin cheesy

@nefertitiram,
Lemme catch you ooo, you dey assist to add insult to injury to iyawo ile ( not only is she a co wife, her child will not be an obama baby)...

@el2015,
Went through your profile to know more about you in order to do justice to your question & discovered you registered like an hour+ago & posted the ?? In 3 different threads which is an indication of how much you want the obama baby thing to happen.. shocked

I wont Judge you on a faceless forum ( You may be trolling & messing with us with a new moniker) but if you are indeed serious.................unless your wife is a devil incarnate, send her & her baby on a cruise around the world to compensate if you don't want God to put you aside for special judgement..

*When we think we've seen & heard it all undecided........... God help we women keep our homes...*

*who remembers one lady that asked how she can get her "male married friend" to act as belle sponsor"?

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 8:05pm On Sep 12, 2015
modath:

[quot e author=Phema post=37944576]
*coughs*
Will be right back.

@nefertitiram,
Lemme catch you ooo, you dey assist to add insult to injury to iyawo ile ( not only is she a co wife, her child will not be an obama baby)...

@el2015,
Went through your profile to know more about you in order to do justice to your question & discovered you registered like an hour+ago & posted the ?? In 3 different threads which is an indication of how much you want the obama baby thing to happen..

I wont Judge you on a faceless forum ( You may be trolling
Unless your wife is a devil incarnate, send her

Yes you right! Posted it in three different sections. More than 2years on nairaland, but you know nah.

Not keen about the Obama pikin thing, since I can get a visa for my family even if it takes forever.

I'm making this move because of this mess, so maybe in the nearest future she can decide on relocation.

Wiffy and son just returned from the US last week
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 8:11pm On Sep 12, 2015
Maka why na?
It seems u r still very into iya ile. Why play away match? Diarisgodu oooo

el2015:

Yes you right! Posted it in three different sections. More than 2years on nairaland, but you know nah.

Not keen about the Obama pikin thing, since I can get a visa for my family even if it takes forever.

I'm making this move because of this mess, so maybe in the nearest future she can decide on relocation.

Wiffy and son just returned from the US last week

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 8:14pm On Sep 12, 2015
My sister

Speechless.

modath:

@nefertitiram,

@el2015,
Went through your profile to know more about you in order to do justice to your question & discovered you registered like an hour+ago & posted the ?? In 3 different threads which is an indication of how much you want the obama baby thing to happen.. shocked

I wont Judge you on a faceless forum ( You may be trolling & messing with us with a new moniker) but if you are indeed serious.................unless your wife is a devil incarnate, send her & her baby on a cruise around the world to compensate if you don't want God to put you aside for special judgement..

*When we think we've seen & heard it all undecided........... God help we women keep our homes...*

*who remembers one lady that asked how she can get her "male married friend" to act as belle sponsor"?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 8:15pm On Sep 12, 2015
nefertitiram:
Maka why na?
It seems u r still very into iya ile. Why play away match? Diarisgodu oooo

I played away match because wiffy's libido was dead and wasn,t ready to get help. She hate any word with "s" let alone s.......x

I'm at fault. Please Blame me, but I'm not a bad father and terrible as you all think.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 8:18pm On Sep 12, 2015
Though not an excuse to act foolishly. But for us s....x is once in 4 months. Sad cry
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by modath(f): 8:23pm On Sep 12, 2015
el2015:
Though not an excuse to act foolishly. But for us s....x is once in 4 months. Sad cry

Why on earth did you not wrap it up mehmnnnnnn!

You F up big time... undecided

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 8:24pm On Sep 12, 2015
modath:

YES I did.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by koko83: 8:25pm On Sep 12, 2015
Mum2bee congrats on your poe. To God be the glory. I am now a mother of a beautiful princess. I ll bring gist later as am so tired now

post=37945247:

Hello mamas and papas....... In the spirit of giving back to this wonderful forum where i have learnt so much! I dont comment much except when i can add value but i love to read, cos the amount of information here is crazy!

My story goes thus...

We (Hubby, Son, Cousin and I) departed Lagos on Thursday 10 September with BA... that MM1 is a nightmare!

Hubby refused that i request for wheel chair, so after checking in we just strolled to the fast track! I no even look anybody face, was waiting for someone to ask me if i had a bizness class ticket, i for swear for the person cos at this point i was already tired. Finally boarded and the flighht was full! sha squeezed my belle into my seat and endured the flight for 6 hours of restlessness. Arrived London and chilled 3 hours for our flight to Houston! Luckily the flight was empty as we had expected! So i just stretched my round body on the full length of one of the middle seats and SLEPT! It was fantastic! No noise, nothing!

Fast forward toPOE in Houston, there was only one other preggy lady and infact we travelled together from naija. The queue was quite long cos i think about 2 planes arrived at the same time. Anyways we were ushered to one white man and the conversation went as follows:

CBP Officer: Are you all a family (we filled to separate forms one for us and one for my cousin)
CBP Officer: You have to separate for Legal reasons
CBP Officer: Why are you here?
Hubby: For vacation and childbirth
CBP Officer: How long are you here for?
Us: 2 months
CBP Officer: You are gonna pay ur bills right?
Us: Definitely
CBP Officer: How much have you paid?
Me: We have paid all that was quoted by the hospital and doctor.
CBP: Accommodation?
Us: We are staying in a rented apartment
CBP Officer: How much do you have on you
Us: $8,000 between us.
CBP: Any food stuff? Egusi, ogbona, Melon?
Me: Yes to all with a smile.

Na so he fingerprint us and stamps us in till March 10. No secondary inspection. My cousin was just asked why she was here and how much she had on her and was also stamped in till March 10. On our way out we were directed to Agriculture where they carried only my sons indomie! I nearly cried but i was kinda expecting it sha!

It was all favour from GOD! Wishing everyone a successful entry!

One Love....

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 8:26pm On Sep 12, 2015
What happened to raincoat?

el2015:

I played away match because wiffy's libido was dead and wasn,t ready to get help. She hate any word with "s" let alone s.......x

I'm at fault. Please Blame me, but I'm not a bad father and terrible as you all think.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:26pm On Sep 12, 2015
el2015:

Condom is very expensive though $30K would have got you a lot + peace of mind

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by modath(f): 8:29pm On Sep 12, 2015
el2015:

YES I did.

Immaculate conception ??,gerraraara yia mehn! smiley

As my beloved cousin will say " with some females, you gats to double up"!!

On another note, why on earth did you have a regular & caught feelings if it was really about scratching an itch?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shawlar(m): 8:29pm On Sep 12, 2015
el2015:

oh boi.... see question oh.... grin grin grin This one na further maths, some dy/dx ish cheesy cheesy
Some gurus dey take cover, some have gone to do research 4 this one.... lolz...

Anywayz @el2015 like firsttymum said, she has to be able to provide proof of strong ties over here.... family,school,work,business etc
About paying the bills, if she works or has a business and its possible for her income to cover the costs, i suggest she 'sponsor' herself (of course wit ur money in her acct) in order to avoid the complication of having ur name on her form....

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 8:31pm On Sep 12, 2015
justwise:

Thank you Chairman.

I accept the blame. Won't even try to shift it to anyone. Will bear all the consequences. I feel ashamed anyway.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shawlar(m): 8:33pm On Sep 12, 2015
nefertitiram:

What happened to raincoat?
justwise:

modath:

On another note, why on earth did you have a regular & caught feelings if it was really about scratching an itch?
modath:

I have a feeling the thread is going to be derailed again..... but this time, it doesn't matter grin grin

@el2015 - get ready for a grilling cry cry
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 8:35pm On Sep 12, 2015
modath:

Yes will go if you don't want me here. Let me not distract you all.

I take all the blame, but I'm better of than a ritualist and rapist.

Thank you all for your comments. Will advise her to remain in Nigeria.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) ... (333)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Polish Student Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.