Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,481 members, 7,812,480 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:02 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 - Travel (327) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (892052 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) ... (333) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by olokings(m): 12:49pm On Oct 07, 2015
Yet to get the pm mail. ...
May need to resend

bestnews:
@ olokings na magic show me way oh, u know say our children na triplets from different mothers and fathers
I sent you a pm,
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Gracemum: 12:56pm On Oct 07, 2015
shocked grin. Lik seriousliii. Lolzzz. Tiny world

deeore:
@Gracemum
Yeah same flight and that preggie was me...lol

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Marchmum: 1:34pm On Oct 07, 2015
shelly23:
If your budget is tight, stay away from Orlando. There are no cheap hospitals or doctors and everything is billed separately so you'll end up paying a lot more that you planned.

I'm currently in orlando, had my baby here (Winnie palmer hospital) and i paid a lot more than the quotes you have so I know first hand that the cost is not friendly at all.

Thanks a lot Shelly for replying.. I'll continue my research, I have an OBGYN whom I have been seeing for the past 6 weeks, and I pay $200+ for every appointment.

Congrats on your LO.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by olokings(m): 1:50pm On Oct 07, 2015
That doesn't sound very cost effective. ..
6 weeks at $200 per visit. ...
U have almost spent d most part of a complete obgyn delivery package so far. ....
Review well

Marchmum:

Thanks a lot Shelly for replying.. I'll continue my research, I have an OBGYN whom I have been seeing for the past 6 weeks, and I pay $200+ for every appointment.

Congrats on your LO.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by akelvin(f): 2:19pm On Oct 07, 2015
Any december houston bound mum leaving nov
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by bigfido: 2:21pm On Oct 07, 2015
Dealdey has flight to New York for 185k.. For someone who might be interested

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by arisharpven: 2:34pm On Oct 07, 2015
@Phema, Thank you for that, Please how do i go about it? is there a certain email address i could use?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by mrsoje(f): 2:34pm On Oct 07, 2015
http://www.dealdey.com/deals/return-ticket-to-the-united-states

bigfido:
Dealdey has flight to New York for 185k.. For someone who might be interested
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by favoredgal: 2:35pm On Oct 07, 2015
favoredgal:

Pls for those of us that have experience with Dropbox

Submitted with my husband who has even issued and picked up his passport

But this people have refused to invite me for interview or ask for additional documents or any update.

My application has not been updated in over two weeks on their site Just keeps showing ready

Any insights?

Thanks

so after 3 weeks of silence, i was called to come for interview @ the embassy any monday or wed. i went in today. saw one preggie and she was granted.

the VO said i said i was traveling for 3 weeks and stayed 3 months the last time, i said yes, cuz i got pregnant after my interview. he asked how soon after, i said 4 weeks.

did i pay my bills, yes. how much? approx $7k. wanted to show him receipts he said no.

Then said from my application, they deduce i am going on another medical trip? i said yes. where will i be staying, i answered. do i have dr's correspondence, i said Yes. he asked to see it

i passed him my budget, my dr's correspondence & my accommodation correspondence, all stapled together. he glanced at it and asked for my account statement, i passed it.

then he said thanks for being very honest with us. we appreciate honesty anytime. Have a safe delivery your visa is approved

YAY. LOL

25 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by mama32015: 2:56pm On Oct 07, 2015
Hi everyone,
Please has anyone here used Atlanta Medical Center, or does anyone have any information about birthing there?
Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Marchmum: 3:03pm On Oct 07, 2015
olokings:
That doesn't sound very cost effective. ..
6 weeks at $200 per visit. ...
U have almost spent d most part of a complete obgyn delivery package so far. ....
Review well

Yeah not cost effective at all, I came out here while I was early in my pregnancy. So I had to see the OBGYN for routine checkups, scans etc. I am ready to leave now with to be back for birth next year.

DH wants us to go to San Antonio instead so I'll narrow my search to SA and see if I get a good deal. Sadly I have read through the treads and no info on San Antonio.

Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by sayoberry(f): 3:13pm On Oct 07, 2015
Congrats to all the visas andd babies.
Abeg if una see promo ticket alert me o.
Justwise! Iyawo nko?

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by twingirls: 3:57pm On Oct 07, 2015
[quote author=favoredgal post=38753597]

so after 3 weeks of silence, i was called to come for interview @ the embassy any monday or wed. i went in today. saw one preggie and she was granted.

We're you in Lagos? I was there too, 10am and was granted. Congrats
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 4:04pm On Oct 07, 2015
arisharpven:
@Phema, Thank you for that, Please how do i go about it? is there a certain email address i could use?

Any of these:

Consularabuja@state.gov
LagosNIV@state.gov
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by arisharpven: 4:52pm On Oct 07, 2015
ok. Thank you Phema
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 5:04pm On Oct 07, 2015
Gracemum:
Hi NL family. It's been so entertaining and truly educational reading thru ur posts. Stumbled on the thread some months back and have bn on ghost mode since then. Time for my lil contribution. 

Got my visa b4 discovering our treasured encyclopedia. Was a breeze through. DH &I. Reason- vacation for 3wks. Nothing extraordinary asked. Didn't no was preggie then as d result from d "kpekusing" (#firsttymum I don laf tire) hadn't yielded. So was asked, innocently said no. Granted usual 2yrs. Off we went for vacation, had a swell time& came back. 

Few months after return, well wishers kept prompting to go back for delivery. Discouragement from most family members in d States. Guess dey didn't know how to go bout it. Anywayz, self-help mode activated. 

Hence, I discovered NL. Read thru, learnt a whole lot, etc. (said I wudnt use d default mode response for newbies cheesy).

Made all preparations as advised. Change, no update of intent, doc &hosp correspondences, PTA, fit to fly ........... +prayers. Infact no 1.

Time to port. DH cudnt make d trip. Flew AF on oct4 at 35wks thru MMIA. On getting to AF, lady there advised me not to tell immigration am goin for delivery, asked y, said cos dey usually send people back. Na so I laf for my mind, said to maself, she ain't in d spirit. See the angels on the runway! Fit to fly not asked for. 

Fast forward - smooth journey to Paris. POE was JFK on oct 5, DH& I agreed to carry $9,553 on me as we felt if i were to state above 10k, wud raise eyebrows, hence more ?s. Baby bump aint showing much too. On d declaration form, jus filled worth of foodstuff. Queue wasn't long. Kept "seeing" angels on d runway. #favour cheesy
Met ds white CBP guy.

Me- Gd morning
CBP-Gd morning. How r u doing?
Me-am gud, thank u. Passes docs to him. 
CBP-place 4fingers of right hand, photo. how long r u staying
Me- till after Christmas& new year. (No carry d wks for head jor). Smiling all thru, eye contact too.
CBP-u were here in April, Ђδω long was ur stay
Me- yes, 3wks. 
CBP- stamps moi in. Writes stuff. Hav a wonderful stay
Me- thank u. Sure will.  C'est fini!!! Notin asked. Notin offered.
Na so I waka go baggage claim, den agriculture. Carry enuf food egusi, ogbono, abacha,ground okpa dem plenty. Courier service tins too. Stamped in till April. Lounging in Florida, may be porting to Philly within d week. Wil kp us updated. 

Thank you everyone for ds wonderful thread. Congratulations to al d new mums& dads, expectant mums& dads and LO's. Justwise too for d thread. God bless us all.  

So sorry for d mile long post.  
Lessons learnt- read, jot down, search for info, pray, believe and prepare. It will all end in praise. 
Did airfrance ask for your fit to fly?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shawlar(m): 5:10pm On Oct 07, 2015
olokings:
Update on ma story so far.
Had my precious one 29th September

Bills are as thus -

Obgyn - $2,990.00 (all inclusive as detailed earlier)
Hospital - $4,500.00
NICS (nursery pead) - $514.90 (discounted)
Epidural - they re quoting $1,500.00 buh I'm going to tackle them tmro Pronto. .. no be my head dem go open mkt. .mbah!

Got baby's birth cert ystrday 5th October.
Went for psprt and collected it same day 6th October.
Gonna mk contact for ETC.

Best regards to all the prospectives in the house.

@olokings, I take it that u processed the passport at the Dallas passport office...? Whats the procedure like..?? Any tips..??
Is there any1 one here who processed theirs @ the houston passport office..? Kindly share ur experience. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by favoredgal: 5:22pm On Oct 07, 2015
[quote author=twingirls post=38755940][/quote]

Yeah at 12 tho. Congrats
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by deeore: 5:56pm On Oct 07, 2015
@jumman
Nope airfrance didnt ask for fit to fly
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by neks31(f): 6:21pm On Oct 07, 2015
MumTee:

@neks31, any news from your aunt-inlaw as regards the
hospital offering 4700 package for CS in san antonio ? we are
itching for information o. Thanks

My dear the story is not straight forward! Asking for the name of the hospital lemme google it them no Gree! They r just quoting without documentation. I don't want any xtra bill or stories that touch the pocket!!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by DFJ12: 6:32pm On Oct 07, 2015
Pls am asking for a friend,shes in atlanta presently, she found out there are extra bills she will pay in d hospital she booked bf she left naija.now shes tinking of another hospital or may be she can cross over to new jersey,pls can any one be help or direct me to any page of Atlanta mun.I had mine in Colorado 2 months ago but I stayed wit my BFF.pls any help?
Tanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by MumTee: 6:32pm On Oct 07, 2015
neks31:

My dear the story is not straight forward! Asking for the name of the hospital lemme google it them no Gree! They r just quoting without documentation. I don't want any xtra bill or stories that touch the pocket!!

lol stories that touch the pocket!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by gaggle: 7:12pm On Oct 07, 2015
ozycy:

You no taya pass me. I have really taya here. I want to go home. Nigeria my country grin

See this woman. U wey just come.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by LI(m): 8:05pm On Oct 07, 2015
Congrats on the success. Looks like God is really on your side

happymum213:

My Dear, the interview long oooooooo. Well when i got there, there was this lady that was busy denying people like she is deriving pleasure from it. I was just praying that i shouldn't be sent to her. It was like a shock when i was called next to her post, fortunately for me, as i got there, she closed her post and ask me to use the next available VO. That was when it became obvious to me, God is in control.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Amother4life: 8:56pm On Oct 07, 2015
queenestty:
Thank you. Did you write it all in full or the last four digit.

I have fill it though, but I fill the whole numbers and am thinking if I did it right.

Yes. You write in full in the box provided.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Marchmum: 8:58pm On Oct 07, 2015
neks31:

So San Antonio prospective mamas I have been on the phone all day and I am happy with my results. I just have to go with the doctors, hospital reviews and my gut in choosing as the average hospital cost is $3000 and doctors fee from $2005-$2500

I will come back with a detailed post of costs and names. If we are allowed to post it on here.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Gagat: 9:05pm On Oct 07, 2015
shelly23:
It's not cheap in naija either, I paid 180k back in 2011 and i'm sure it's gone up since then.

It might have been this expensive in Naija probably becos you used a private hospital. It was #15k in a teaching hospital by an anaesthetist in 2013 without any problem.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by drfdee: 9:09pm On Oct 07, 2015
Am in houston already and am lookin for somone to share an aparyment wiv.

quote author=mumkay post=36097904]Quite new here and I appreciate all d info I have gotten from dis trend.I am an Oct mum but will be travelling second week in Sept will likely use Oakbend or WHMC.I need ur advise on accommodation,preferably an apartment.Any mom heading same direction shod pls try lets hook up.[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by olokings(m): 9:20pm On Oct 07, 2015
Hi hi.
Yeah I used the dallas passport office as presumed.
I just appointment scheduled and walked in filled the form (with wifey n baby) head out checked and submitted.
Went back same day (after abt 3 hrs) to pick it up.

It was all a breeze.

* terese69 detailed an extremely quick procedure on how to get ur BC n passport in less than a week from birthing. ..seriously speaking. ....

*in other news. ..so I went to the pain mgt office for negotiations as regards my epidural and I got an easy discounted deal from $1500 down n I paid $1,000.00
Could have even gotten out for $800.00 if I had been a wee bit greedy. .hehe.
Double thanks to terese69 on that again. ..#winks

cc favoredgal

shawlar:

@olokings, I take it that u processed the passport at the Dallas passport office...? Whats the procedure like..?? Any tips..??
Is there any1 one here who processed theirs @ the houston passport office..? Kindly share ur experience. Thanks

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 9:34pm On Oct 07, 2015
Gracemum:
@firsttymum. Woke up to dis and jus started lafing. Hmmm! Kpekusing, mayb at d same time! Waow!!! Stil dey fink am. + d oda 3confirmed kpekuses. - olokings, etc cheesy
hahahhhahahhaha u see na.... Make we dey watch...E sef dey laugh
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 9:36pm On Oct 07, 2015
jayjay4lyf:

Firstyyyyy..... It could also be ' pm me Abbas make I contact am and compare his price to what esebede gave me' grin
English no b my language Abeg..... Hahahahhahahaha.... I really wondered... I had to ask
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 9:36pm On Oct 07, 2015
dere5:

I think what she meant was that she should pm her Dr Abass's No,so she can compare his price with Dr Esebede's
Ok..... Was wondering....

(1) (2) (3) ... (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) ... (333)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Polish Student Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.