Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,901 members, 7,828,177 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:32 AM

21NAUGHTYUTY's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 21NAUGHTYUTY's Profile / 21NAUGHTYUTY's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (of 4 pages)

Music/Radio / Re: Songs Review Of A Nigerian American Trying To Gain Audience In Nigeria by 21NAUGHTYUTY(m): 9:33pm On Apr 19
I'm Naughty Uty, a music analyst, talent scout and consultant. Please follow me up for music updates, analysis and tips 😊
Music/Radio / Songs Review Of A Nigerian American Trying To Gain Audience In Nigeria by 21NAUGHTYUTY(m): 9:32pm On Apr 19
Yxng Bobby is a Nigerian musician, vocalist and producer based in the United States of America. His genre Comprised mainly of Hip hop, afro-beats, Afro fusion and afro pop. Today we will take a look at 3 of Bobby's songs including the lastest one coming in "Big Body Lexus", it will please you to note that he seriously intend to do afro beats fully, so our review will be based on the present Afro beats system of music making.

BIG BODY LEXUS (BBL) : Yxng Bobby's new single BBL is full with vibes, you know Afro beats is known for it's style of always propelling it's listeners to dance, I must give him credit for that. The next is his word play "bad boy chilling in a big body Lexus, grace out there na the Lord dey protect us" not a bad one, his rap verse got me, straight flows no break in it. Another thing is the vocals, to be honest it was fire, good for a bad boy, got this Chris Brown voice. Now I know you have been waiting for this, the pigin English was great but not too noticeable for an artiste trying to gain entry to the main stream of the Afro-beats genre. From a scale of one to ten, I will leave it at 8, a great song, some little improvement will see him giving hits to the ever ready Nigerian fans.

NO Emotions: Three songs preceded Big Body Lexus, " no emotions" was part of that project. The pigin here was quite noticeable, and the sound has this trendy Amapiano style. The beats will always want to make you move your legs to dance. Same guy, same sweet voice, the rap is way too awesome, like his style is great never in a haste. Believe me this is my best song from Yxng Bobby's discography. Make sure you download this particular song, because everyday is a party. No Emotions I didn't listen to the lyrics, I was just vibing, the repetition is wow, this guy is good. I don't want to get you bored, I rate it 9/10😊 , yeah I get it Uty doesn't give everything out🀣.

SUPERMAN: A great song for the westerners, he came really prepared to rap, spit bars upon bars but to be honest this one has nothing to do with Afro beats or Africa. Yes I said that with my whole heart, you know what Africa accept? Easy style of entertainment, the want to hear what you are saying, think we have trust issues 🀣. Lyrics matters very much over here, and once you sing or rap so fast they will tell you that they don't understand you. Once we are done listening, we get on our feets to dance to it, that doesn't mean that rap or hip hop is dead here in Africa but what we simply need is for you to break it down for your audience to understand. In all that I have said, it's a no for Afro-beats, 3/10 is what I'm giving it.

In conclusion, Yxng Bobby's discography is great and that shows he has a promising future, a room for improvement can guarantee that. He has a lot of work to put in to get a place in Afro beats, we all know that the music industry is very competitive but with perseverance one can always have a successful career. Yxng Bobby stand a chance if he incorporate the use of Pigin, use more of Afro-beats (beats) , work with experienced Nigerian producers and network with other Artistes.

1 Share

TV/Movies / Re: Aunty Nkem Oselloka-Orakwue Of The Tales By Moonlight Era by 21NAUGHTYUTY(m): 6:30pm On Apr 16
The first thing that came to my head was that soundtrack. Finish your chores on time and pray Nepa should bring light.
Business / Re: Africa’s Top 10 Billionaires In 2024 by 21NAUGHTYUTY(m): 10:36am On Apr 15
I have not seen anyone there who made his fortune through gambling. Hence no dey drop me sporty codes again. I sell beats of different genres, please hit me up
Foreign Affairs / Re: 20 Countries That Owe US Money by 21NAUGHTYUTY(m): 2:23pm On Apr 09
I was expecting Nigeria to be there but bruh, Saudi Arabia with their money is owing USA?
Religion / Re: Between A Father And A Mother Who Struggles More? by 21NAUGHTYUTY(m): 7:45pm On Mar 29
I off my hat for my dad. That man is a real gee, omor even though him no get money but how he sorts the bill I no know. I pray for my breakthrough and that of my siblings so that we can take care of him very well.πŸ’–

3 Likes

Music/Radio / Re: Distribution Deal: How Burna Boy, Davido And Wizkid Easily Get Audience by 21NAUGHTYUTY(m): 8:34am On Mar 28
Music is talent and understanding the business aspect of it

Music/Radio / Distribution Deal: How Burna Boy, Davido And Wizkid Easily Get Audience by 21NAUGHTYUTY(m): 8:31am On Mar 28
Have you for once thought of how these artistes gain audience so easily at international level? How it's so easy to sell out tickets for their
Concerts like in the O2 arena, Madison square garden etc. I will let you see that little secret, I know you have been wondering how fans way beyond their reach listen to their songs and even sing it word for word.

Now here's the thing, this artiste signed a distribution and publishing deal with all these big record labels like the Sony music group, warner music, def Jam, Empire distribution etc. The thing with these labels is that they own shares or have access to streaming platforms in most countries in the world except North Korea, Afghanistan and countries like them. Now briefly I will list some musicians that signed a deal with this companies.

In 2017, Burna Boy signed with Atlantic Records in the United States (and its parent company Warner Music Group internationally) to release his third studio album, Outside (2018)

In January 2016, Davido announced on Twitter he had signed a record deal with Sony Music and a few months later, he founded the record label Davido Music Worldwide.

In March 2017, Wizkid signed a record deal with RCA Records. He released his third studio album Sounds from the Other Side on 14 July 2017. Primarily a Caribbean-influenced record, SFTOS encompasses several other genres, including afrobeats, EDM, R&B, and house.

Yahoo Boy No Laptop Nation, popularly known as YBNL Nation or simply YBNL, is an independent record label founded by Olamide in 2012. On 19 February 2020, YBNL Nation signed a distribution, and publishing deal with Empire Distribution.

Now you see why it's pretty easy for these musicians to gain a stage at the international level, Falz in his hit song "soft work" said "even real talent still needs promo" this is the greatest height of it. I'm Naughty Uty, a music analyst, talent scout and consultant.
Foreign Affairs / Re: Cameroon Re-Elects 89-Year-Old Marcel Niat Njifenji, As Senate President by 21NAUGHTYUTY(m): 8:25am On Mar 28
Another messed up country
Politics / Re: Women Queue And Kneel For Foodstuffs And Money From Woman Sitting Majestically by 21NAUGHTYUTY(m): 8:03pm On Mar 27
I reserve my comment but please someone should help. I have written a lot of topics on music, good ones but I have less views and no comments. How do you guys get your post to front page?
Politics / Re: Women Queue And Kneel For Foodstuffs And Money From Woman Sitting Majestically by 21NAUGHTYUTY(m): 8:02pm On Mar 27
I reserve my comment but please someone should help. I have written a lot of topics on music, good ones but I have less views and no comments. How do you guys get your post to front page? Mbok
Music/Radio / Roles In The Music Industry by 21NAUGHTYUTY(m): 10:30am On Mar 25
Unlike the popular belief that only the artiste and record label owners earn big in music, there are a lot of roles you can play in the music industry and still earn very big from it, all that is required is for you to be good in what you do.

Record label executives: They direct the affairs of the record label from signing artiste to making sure funds are being generated and properly used.

Entertainment lawyers: As you already know, they are in charge of legal issues concerning the label, artiste etc. They ensure that artiste and labels are not cheated , this is done through the help of the paper both parties signed and no intellectual property theft.

Artiste: A public entertainer or performer, here in music their vocals, instruments are required. They maybe independent or signed to a record label.

Artiste manager: They manage the affairs of an artiste. They are like a personal assistant to the artiste, they negotiate on behalf of the artiste.

Disk jockey: you know what they do, mostly during shows, they light the show up with songs, very versatile, they don't have to go searching for your song when you are up on stageπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Show promoters: They may be also know as influencers if I'm not mistaken, they organized shows, get artiste to perform at shows etc.

Producers: Yeah, they are like the underrated ones, I mean, they mix, master your song, spice it up. Even you as an artiste will be like, is that me for real.

Beats makers: Before a song is produced, a beat as to be done first, to start with most songs are not stressful to make when the beats is already a banger. Beats producers are another set of underrated people in the industry to be honest.

Social media promoters: We are in the digital world so we have to take full advantage of it. Easily your music can be promoted by influencers like Facebook, Instagram, ticktock etc. Imagine using your song for creative contents online, you know what I mean.

Songwriters: Another set of people who are unknown, they are gifted with wit, word play, flows. They write verses, believe me a good one can charge as he or she pleases.

Streaming platforms: Imagine being the owner of a streaming platform like Spotify, audiomack etc. A lot of songs are released each day, we stream, download songs on the regular, this generates revenue for the artiste, label and the streaming platforms.

I really have to stop there, did I miss any role? Feel free to add yours on the comment section. I'm Naughty Uty, a music analyst, talent scout and consultant.

1 Like

Music/Radio / Re: As A Musician Your Physical Appearance Matters by 21NAUGHTYUTY(m): 11:00am On Mar 18
No body shaming here

Music/Radio / As A Musician Your Physical Appearance Matters by 21NAUGHTYUTY(m): 10:56am On Mar 18
You don't expect fans to come dance with you when you have a big stomach like father Christmas. Learn to trim down those belly fats, hit the gym, stay fit and watch fans rush you.
Business / Re: Name An Item You Have Stopped Buying Due To Inflation/high Prices. by 21NAUGHTYUTY(m): 11:52am On Mar 05
Noodles in its different forms, I rarely drink tea this days... My beloved garri I still buy.

4 Likes 1 Share

European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Re: 'Everything I Have Built Has Been Taken Away': Pogba To Appeal Doping Ban by 21NAUGHTYUTY(m): 8:21pm On Feb 29
Wishing him the very best, one of the players I liked in the midfield.

12 Likes

Crime / Re: NDLEA arrests Female Lawyer, Intercepts Loud Concealed In Loudspeakers by 21NAUGHTYUTY(m): 8:35am On Feb 19
Normal.... Loud in loudspeaker
European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Re: Mbappe To PSG: "I Will Leave At The End Of This Season" by 21NAUGHTYUTY(m): 8:03pm On Feb 15
I pray the deal finally happens, because no be today mbappe start this his exit planning but I think his own is not like Harry Kane exit from Tottenham Hotspur that took ages to happen.

1 Like

Health / Re: Why The Current Heat Wave Is Very Deadly by 21NAUGHTYUTY(m): 8:01pm On Feb 15
Seriously, I just finished bathing and it not even like I bath, I'm sweating again. I also noticed that I drink a lot of water and I'm always tasty.

1 Like

Travel / Re: Trending Video Of Ivorian Super Highways (Photos) by 21NAUGHTYUTY(m): 7:53pm On Feb 12
The highway is beautiful but comparing it to Nigeria, even Akwa Ibom state alone have beautiful roads and highways

1 Like

Travel / Re: List Of Nigerians Who Own Private Jets by 21NAUGHTYUTY(m): 8:16pm On Jan 29
I stopped reading when I saw Tiwa savage .... 17 billions dolls, like seriously πŸ˜’πŸ˜³

1 Like

Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Are You Jobless? Sell Yourself by 21NAUGHTYUTY(m): 3:34pm On Jan 26
Currently a student of university of Uyo, but aside that, I'm good at song writing, Barbing and poultry farming... My location is Uyo, and please I will love to have a part time job as life as a student is not funny for me with little sponsorship

2 Likes

Food / Re: How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? by 21NAUGHTYUTY(m): 6:01pm On Jan 23
Omor it has really been tough, especially as a student getting little funds from sponsor... As them don pay fees, the rest is on you bru. To be honest it has been a hell in a cell but God has always had a way to feed me, since it is hard to get a part time job.
Celebrities / Re: 10 Entertainers Who Bagged Degrees From Togo, Benin Republic Varsities by 21NAUGHTYUTY(m): 7:46pm On Jan 06
Wahala 🌚
Travel / Re: Should I Keep My Federal Job Or Travel to the U.K by 21NAUGHTYUTY(m): 7:44pm On Jan 03
The grass is not always greener at the other end, you HV a secured job, you want to go to Uk on students visa, biko no do... My opinion though

1 Like

Sports / Re: Victor Osimhen Wins 2023 Nairaland Nigerian Footballer Of The Year Award by 21NAUGHTYUTY(m): 7:41pm On Jan 03
No mind Dem, nairaland is a big community. The award winners deserve it, but I guessed iwobi is the most improved player, and we also see how Nigeria plays without him... Omor this afcon go funny 🀣🀣🀣, Nigeria no get midfield at all
Family / Re: I Want To Adopt A Child As A Single Man by 21NAUGHTYUTY(m): 12:46pm On Jan 03
Why not impregnate a woman and then pay her off after childbirth

4 Likes

Business / Re: The Richest People In Africa by 21NAUGHTYUTY(m): 7:05am On Dec 24, 2023
Some day, I hope to be very rich, rich enough to Impact in Africa 🌍
Nairaland / General / Help In Digital Skill To Learn by 21NAUGHTYUTY(m): 10:20am On Dec 10, 2023
Good day naira land members, as the topic says, I'm here to seek help on a digital skill to learn. First, I will do a little introduction about myself. I'm an undergraduate in the university
of uyo, studying petroleum engineering. I'm in my early twenties, I have interest in music in fact I can write songs, I make beats (you can check my SM profiles) I love music. I'm always broke, I'm not lazy but you know in Nigeria, jobs is hard to come by. I am always thinking of what I can do to give me money even little but steady (legally), to be honest my ideas have been exhausted. So please can somebody recommend a digital skill that will be of great help to me now and even after school. I have in my disposal a smartphone, power supply and internet. Thank you for taking your time to read this.
Education / Re: Did You Do This During Your Undergraduate Years? by 21NAUGHTYUTY(m): 8:42pm On Dec 07, 2023
I'm an undergraduate and I have not done that before and I won't do it
Foreign Affairs / Re: Elon Musk Visits Scene Of Kibbutz Massacre With Benjamin Netanyahu by 21NAUGHTYUTY(m): 11:53am On Nov 28, 2023
They wore bulletproof vest in case of you know ...
Education / Re: How Do We Say NEPA Don Bring Light With Correct English by 21NAUGHTYUTY(m): 4:25pm On Nov 24, 2023
Nepa e hv bring light πŸ˜’

(1) (2) (3) (4) (of 4 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.